Will we beat Bama this Saturday?

Yes
237 (62.9%)
No
140 (37.1%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Voting closed: September 16, 2007, 08:26:19 pm

bigheadred

This is the way I see this game. :bullhorn: It will be a typical Arkansas vs. Alabama game. It will be a grind it out, time of possession, and ball control game. Run, run, run, run, and run. Mix in a pass here and there. This is true for both teams. The only difference is Arkansas has McFadden and Jones. :sonic: :rip: I think the big advantage will be our special teams. Our kick off receiving team is great with the big two (you know who). Our punt return team is a question mark. We need Hillis in there because at least he can catch the ball. I worry about those other guys.

Our defense needs an improved secondary, that I don't see. Against Troy, pass interference after pass interference. This has been the story for the last 4 years. I hope they don't have a great passing game. :titanic:

The X-Factor in this game to me is Alex Tejada. He is worth a ten point advantage for us. Arkansas 32 Alabama 22.  This is my prediction.  :battle:

:razorback:
I am Bigheadred and I support this message. Yo soy el hombre.

jj202020

you didn't watch the bama game.  their kicker, Tiffin, is better than tejada----at least for now.  advantage: Bama.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jj202020 on September 10, 2007, 07:46:31 pm
you didn't watch the bama game.  their kicker, Tiffin, is better than tejada----at least for now.  advantage: Bama.

Dude, I thought so too, but he was only 3 of 5 on FG's and the previous game, against a cream puff, he was 1 of 3. I don't think that makes him better than Tejada.
Go Hogs Go!

The real Hogules

I highly doubt that we get as lucky in Tuscaloosa as we were in Fayetteville last season.

Not to mention that Bama was smart enough to upgrade their coaching staff and we're STILL stuck with Nuttless and now are without Malzahn, Mustain, and Damian Williams.

Did I mention that we were STILL stuck with Nuttless?

Bama by 10+
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HogsRule

we don't need a passing game to beat bama. and their passing game isn't good enough to worry too much about our secondary. We will lock down their running game and run it down their throats. if you hated the fact that we didn't pass the ball before, you are really going to hate it after this one. we get up early and run all day. 31 - 17
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

shanewayne

Yes  we win.. I have 2 words for you  NATHAN DICK!!!!
The decisions that you make today WILL affect you for the rest of your life.

woghild

mike7156

If the coaches played I would say Bama. But the players play, and I will take D-MAC and JONES over Bama any day. Bama looked bad against Vandy, and Vandy is really bad this year. IMO I would give Troy a 3 point edge over Bama this year ???
Hogs Roll The Tide 34-17 :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
True Heroes wear the uniform that serves this country proudly.

subjectstorm

same answer as every game:  depends.

Can they stop the run?  If yes, we lose.  If no, we probably win and possibly win big.

GrumpyHog

Bama wins Saturday. The headlines read, Saban cracks Nutt again.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mike7156 on September 11, 2007, 08:14:31 am
If the coaches played I would say Bama. But the players play, and I will take D-MAC and JONES over Bama any day. Bama looked bad against Vandy, and Vandy is really bad this year. IMO I would give Troy a 3 point edge over Bama this year ???
Hogs Roll The Tide 34-17 :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

So apparently you call 399 yds of total offense bad? 2 INT's, 1 fumble recovery? Last week everyone was saying how glad they were that we did not have to play Vandy this year........this week everyone is diminishing Alabama because they played Vandy. You can't have it both ways. Keep in mind that two teams last year found a solution for our vaunted rushing attack.... Mississippi State and Florida. It isn't impossible to defend it. It may be difficult, be it isn't impossible. And don't think they won't be prepared for the possibility that we break out in a triple option, as Saban has already discussed it. This is going to be a tough game this weekend and all these guys remember how they lost last year. Buckle your chin strap, it is going to be a real head knocker.
Go Hogs Go!

5 little pigs

No, it will come down to coaching and we don't have one!

SirCHog

I'm not driving 900 miles because I think the Hogs are going to lose.  Arkansas 35 Bama 17.