Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Miles to Michigan, then Nutt to LSU?

Started by hog_co-pilot, September 09, 2007, 07:03:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_co-pilot

I have a question for you more experienced guys.  I was watching the LSU vs. V Tech game and learned that Les Miles once played for Michigan.  (I didn't know that- I'm a girl.)  Anyway, the commentators speculated that if Carr was fired from Michigan at the end of this year that Miles might take the Michigan job.  My question is this- What are the chances that Nutt would be offered and accept the LSU job if Miles left for Michigan?
Woo Pig Sooie!

southarkhog

Go Razorbacks

jsimpso3

pimpndistress

that would be AWESOME then we could get the boot back yea !!!!
:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

HOGSWEAT

I'm pretty sure LSU has lost interest in Tweedle Dum

happyhawgal

WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

badbrad

i'll take that scenario...... they can have his a$$.....

mword

No one is going to want Nutt. If Nutt goes anywhere, it will be to teams in the Conference USA or some team in Division I AA team.

RazorbackNutt

haha...no way.  But seriously, who will be the next LSU coach??  Boise St.??  Tedford from cal??  Butch Davis?? haha...

mword

Quote from: Pignoramus on September 09, 2007, 07:32:56 pm
Quote from: schweine on September 09, 2007, 07:29:00 pm
No one is going to want Nutt. If Nutt goes anywhere, it will be to teams in the Conference USA or some team in Division I AA team.

LSU has a great recruiting base.  Coach Nutt would be an awesome coach there, but I imagine he will be at Arkansas for a little longer yet.  Hope so anyway.

Sorry, but Nutt can't coach.

natehog

Ulysses_S_Grunt

That would be poetic, but there is no way the Tigers would want Nuttboy

carlyle513

Hooten is headed to 1 AA Brotha !

Nobody in a BCS confewrence would hire Mr "I called that play Brotha"

usnavyhogfan

nobody will take our nutt unless we pay them.
The dream is free, the journey is not.

RypTyde

Man I wish.  Lol.  Send the Boise st. or App. st. coach our way please!!!!!
Arkansas convert.  From Gator and Gamecock to hogwild.

hogchick26

I am literally laughing out loud at the notion that Nutt could be...I can't even finish the sentence.
It's a new day in Razorback Nation! Go Hogs!

Brand X Hog Fan

Let's send Nutt to Michigan and Miles to Arkansas!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

RypTyde

Here's your reason to cheer for the upset with LSU guys.  They get impressed and want Nutt lol.
Arkansas convert.  From Gator and Gamecock to hogwild.

Hoggish1

Quote from: hog_co-pilot on September 09, 2007, 07:03:35 pm
I have a question for you more experienced guys.  I was watching the LSU vs. V Tech game and learned that Les Miles once played for Michigan.  (I didn't know that- I'm a girl.)  Anyway, the commentators speculated that if Carr was fired from Michigan at the end of this year that Miles might take the Michigan job.  My question is this- What are the chances that Nutt would be offered and accept the LSU job if Miles left for Michigan?

Ho chance.  (And that's an understatement...)

hog_co-pilot

I'm not going to lie; I'd love to see Nutt leave here at the end of the year!  It seems like I remember back when Saban left LSU, Nutt's name being tossed around there.  Something about those two coaches sharing the same agent...

Anyway, it may be just a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but I was sure hoping that something would come open for Nutt to take.
Woo Pig Sooie!

hogchick26

Quote from: hog_co-pilot on September 09, 2007, 07:41:53 pm
I'm not going to lie; I'd love to see Nutt leave here at the end of the year!  It seems like I remember back when Saban left LSU, Nutt's name being tossed around there.  Something about those two coaches sharing the same agent...

Anyway, it may be just a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but I was sure hoping that something would come open for Nutt to take.

Maybe a good high school team is looking for a coach...
It's a new day in Razorback Nation! Go Hogs!

Hoggish1

LSU has a great recruiting base.  Coach Nutt would be an awesome coach there, but I imagine he will be at Arkansas for a little longer yet.  Hope so anyway.

HDN: "LSU recruits itself." 

hog_co-pilot

Quote from: hogchick26 on September 09, 2007, 07:43:21 pm
Quote from: hog_co-pilot on September 09, 2007, 07:41:53 pm

Maybe a good high school team is looking for a coach...

Oh, don't do that to a good high school team...  :)
Woo Pig Sooie!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I doubt Lsu would want him.....hope he goes though.
Let's make some waves.

tophawg19

+1 copilot not much chance with al the comotion surrounding nutt. i am afraid that ship sailed without nutt .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

N HOG

Is this concept that hard to understand:

NO ONE BUT ARKANSAS WANTS DALE.

THHAWG

hog_co-pilot

Quote from: N HOG on September 09, 2007, 07:52:45 pm
Is this concept that hard to understand:

NO ONE BUT ARKANSAS WANTS DALE.

It's not hard to understand.  Some of us are just wishing and hoping beyond reason that something will come along that Nutt will take. 
Woo Pig Sooie!

Boarcephus

Nutt's not going anywhere unless he's shown the door.  He's damaged goods pure and simple.  He was COTY, had the Heisman runnerup and the DWA winner, won the west and didn't get a single sniff at a comparable job and that was before the Gus/DW/MM fiasco, the lawsuit, the 2000+ text messages and alleged affair bit.  He might get a mid-major offer but that's a hell of a blow to the pocketbook and ego and we all know about his ego.  When people quit going to the games and interest wains is when this will happen and with DMac gone next year, that may be it.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

LSUFan

What are the chances that Nutt would be offered and accept the LSU job if Miles left for Michigan?

Slim and None, and Slim just left town.

There are some VERY powerful people in Baton Rouge who will see to it Nutt does not bring mediocrity back to that State.

Tammany Tom

I'll address this one more time for you boys and girls.

There is a $1.25 million buyout clause in Les Miles' contract if he were to leave LSU for Michigan prior to the 2011 season. Therefore, it is doubtful that Michigan will come up with that kind of cash.

I know that a lot of you are hopeful of Nutt leaving Arkansas. That may happen, but there is no chance, Zero, Zilch, Nada of him ever coaching at LSU.

RedRock

I would love to have Greg Schiano as our next coach. 

oldtimerhog

None.
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Mr. Hog

You can bet the farm LSU will never have the "Dork" as  a coach, etch that in granite if u like !
Go Hogs Go!

3kgthog

You see, LSU has an athletic department that isn't run by people with a 1950s mentality. They don't want the drama and baggage that Nutt would bring. They also don't want the losses and one dimensional offense. It would be pretty safe to say that HDN wouldn't even be in LSU's top 10.

tigerLSU

there is no Way in hell,  Nutt will be the Head Coach at LSU
not he is not a good coach...

>:( >:(

Rocktownhog

LSU has a great recruiting base.  Coach Nutt would be an awesome coach there, but I imagine he will be at Arkansas for a little longer yet.  Hope so anyway.

what are you on? this has to be a sarcastic comment. Nutt is a cheerleader not a coach, and I can not wait for the day we get rid of him
GO HOGS!

BlueBox

I'd imagine the same schools that offered Nolan will want Nutt.  How many was that?  No one wants Arkansas problems.

cmakrzrbak

HDN would finish a close second in replacing LSU's Chaplin...
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

hview

COCHISE

Quote from: Tammany Tom on September 09, 2007, 07:58:53 pm
I'll address this one more time for you boys and girls.

There is a $1.25 million buyout clause in Les Miles' contract if he were to leave LSU for Michigan prior to the 2011 season. Therefore, it is doubtful that Michigan will come up with that kind of cash.

I know that a lot of you are hopeful of Nutt leaving Arkansas. That may happen, but there is no chance, Zero, Zilch, Nada of him ever coaching at LSU.

Michigan may not go after Les Miles but if they wanted him they wouldn't let the $1.25 million buyout stand in their way.

stan the man

Miles isn't going anywhere.  Why would he leave LSU which appears to be on a roll and go to Michigan where there seems to be some problems.  LSU is a much better job than Michigan is.

Porkatarian

I'm guessing that Michigan will go hard after Jeff Tedford.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Jadestem

Quote from: stan the man on September 09, 2007, 08:39:21 pm
Miles isn't going anywhere.  Why would he leave LSU which appears to be on a roll and go to Michigan where there seems to be some problems.  LSU is a much better job than Michigan is.

While I would consider the move from LSU to Michigan to be a lateral one right now, I think most people would say that the head coaching job at the winningest program in NCAA football history is probably the better job.

tigerLSU

Quote from: stan the man on September 09, 2007, 08:39:21 pm
Why would Miles leave LSU.....let me count the ways.

1. He returns to his alma mater where he played, coached, and whom his mentor Bo Schembeckler is considered an icon. And as the Bear said when he left A&M for Bama.........when Momma calls, you gotta go.

2. You can take the yankee out of the north but you can't take the north out of the yankee.

3. He gets too coach a historic program that has the most wins (sorry bama) in college football and probably one the most distinctive helmets and fight songs in college football.

4. He has the budget and name to conduct nation wide recruiting.

5. And here is the most important reason. He goes to a school where he basically has a one game season.........Ohio State. Why stay in the SEC and beat your brains out week after week against Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, Bama, Tennessee, Georgia and South Carolina; which includes 4 NC coaches. One or two average recruiting years and you're screwed. He can survive that at Michigan.

moley_russells_wart_hog

lsu would probably go after and get butch davis, man karmas a biotch

tigerLSU

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on September 09, 2007, 08:48:37 pm
lsu would probably go after and get butch davis, man karmas a biotch

My 1st choice would be Schiano from Rutgers

But I think It will be Jack DelRio
LSU was vety clsoe to hire him befor miles took over

Little Billy Jr.

The newspaper boys said that Nutt talked to LSU the last time that job was open. He gave them some sort of a deadline to make him an offer and they never even called him back.
They don't want him and neither does any other decent football school. I would like to see him take the Mississippi State job. That would make my day watching Arkansas kick his ass every year.

hoglady

LSU can and will do a lot better than Houston Nutt. And I will probably be eating my words about Les Miles, didn't think he was a great hire for LSU, but I've got to say they sure looked awesome last night.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: Little Billy Jr. on September 09, 2007, 08:53:31 pm
The newspaper boys said that Nutt talked to LSU the last time that job was open. He gave them some sort of a deadline to make him an offer and they never even called him back.
They don't want him and neither does any other decent football school. I would like to see him take the Mississippi State job. That would make my day watching Arkansas kick his ass every year.

now that would get me excited about football