Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michael Washington

Started by slopinhogs, September 04, 2007, 09:54:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slopinhogs

sounds like he has hit his niche 21 points 7 rebounds not bad for a youngster. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

javajockey

He gave us a preview of his potential at the end of last year.  He could definitely play a large role this season.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: slopinhogs on September 04, 2007, 09:54:28 pm
sounds like he has hit his niche 21 points 7 rebounds not bad for a youngster. :razorback:

This new uptempo style should fit his game well. IMO

BrooklynRoss

Can't wait to see what this guy can do. I like him because he plays like a basketball player and his size, while impressive, is incidental to this.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hog1961 on September 04, 2007, 10:20:08 pm

This new uptempo style should fit his game well. IMO

Offensively yes...but it could also lead to a lot more cheap fouls getting back on defense. Hopefully he'll become a much more patient player on defense.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Cajun Hog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on September 06, 2007, 02:40:33 pm
Quote from: Hog1961 on September 04, 2007, 10:20:08 pm

This new up tempo style should fit his game well. IMO

Offensively yes...but it could also lead to a lot more cheap fouls getting back on defense. Hopefully he'll become a much more patient player on defense.

That's true and if he doesn't get after it on the defensive end he will sit.  If you don't play D, you can't play for coach Pel.

razorzapp

I think MW is going to have a great Razorback career.

TheSportsGuy

he won't stay long.  prolly one more year.  crazy athletic ability, just rough around the edges.  pros will salivate over his upside

ColumbianHog

Quote from: TheSportsGuy on September 11, 2007, 10:17:37 am
he won't stay long.  prolly one more year.  crazy athletic ability, just rough around the edges.  pros will salivate over his upside

He's got a lot of room for improvement based on what we saw last season.  Too many fouls on defense.

But, great upside, like you said.  I guess if he has a great season this year he could be gone.  Tyrus Thomas from LSU went in the first round and he was pretty raw still.  Same for Marvin Williams from UNC.

Those 6'10" guys that can shoot, post up, rebound, block shots, etc.. can get in on potential alone.  Guards have to prove themselves a little more I think.

razorzapp

i don't think so.  there are way too many players these days with crazy athletic ability who are rough around the edges.  if he leaves next year he will be one of the many who never get drafted and never make it to the nba.  he's good and if he stays at least 2 more years, he will have a much better shot at the next level.

mbgrulz

Quote from: razorzapp on September 11, 2007, 04:32:14 pm

i don't think so.  there are way too many players these days with crazy athletic ability who are rough around the edges.  if he leaves next year he will be one of the many who never get drafted and never make it to the nba.  he's good and if he stays at least 2 more years, he will have a much better shot at the next level.
if he can average over 15 ppg and 8-10 rebs. this year, then he will get drafted. if it is more like 10 ppg and 5 rebs, then scouts won't be as impressed.

razorzapp

Quote from: mbgrulz on September 12, 2007, 07:43:07 am
Quote from: razorzapp on September 11, 2007, 04:32:14 pm

if he can average over 15 ppg and 8-10 rebs. this year, then he will get drafted. if it is more like 10 ppg and 5 rebs, then scouts won't be as impressed.

the nba draft is 2 rounds, 60 players total.  last year 13 players from foreign countries were drafted.  coming out early next year would be a very risky move for him no matter how big of a year he has. 

razorzapp

Quote from: HogZ28 on September 12, 2007, 01:15:00 pm
Washington is like alot of college basketball players around his age....not much is known about him other than the fact that he is athletic and has some nice skills, but he really hasnt shown that much of what he can do, but if he stays in college for 3 or 4 years then scouts will know what he cant do and that seems to hurt alot of guys that stay 3 or 4 years....

like whom?

mbgrulz

Quote from: HogZ28 on September 12, 2007, 01:15:00 pm
Washington is like alot of college basketball players around his age....not much is known about him other than the fact that he is athletic and has some nice skills, but he really hasnt shown that much of what he can do, but if he stays in college for 3 or 4 years then scouts will know what he cant do and that seems to hurt alot of guys that stay 3 or 4 years....
you are exactly right. people always clamour for players to stay another year and "prove" what they can do. well...what ends up happening, is players also "prove" what they cannot do and that is more detrimental to their draft status.

boredatwork

Quote from: mbgrulz on September 12, 2007, 09:55:30 pm
you are exactly right. people always clamour for players to stay another year and "prove" what they can do. well...what ends up happening, is players also "prove" what they cannot do and that is more detrimental to their draft status.

not only that, older players don't usually wind up in the lottery, and they always drop drop drop on draft night. Watch Brandon Rush (who I am high on) wind up going late in the first round to a solid team, playing solid backup minutes (unless he goes to a team with a swingman that gets 40+ minutes a night), and having pundits call him "the steal of the draft" in years to come. They'll also praise the visionary GM who picked him, when the truth is he wound up in their lap.