Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steven Hill?

Started by JoeHog27, September 04, 2007, 04:30:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHog27

I have read a few articles about their play in cancun and didn't hear much about Hill, did he play or do any good?

TRUHOG718

No he didnt play well. I hope it does not carry over because Pel said everyone is starting with a clean slate this year freshman to senior.   As far as the bigs go Washington, Manimal, Townes, and Sanchez looked good/solid.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

heathman

Are there some good articles out there about the tournament? I have looked around but have found nothing to really gets into any kind of detail.  If any has any links to any please post them.

Amityvillehogger

Does Pel want offensive big men?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

slopinhogs

he played but didn't do much ,but coach Pel says he knows what he can do. and he will be just fine. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Razorod

I doubt Pel recruits many players like Hill. Fortunately, Hill is a senior so the awkward fit won't last long and he will be drafted on height and potential alone.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Tripod1

He needs a solid year and not go in spurts like in the past.  I hope he plays up to his ability.  Thus far it has just been in spurts.

kibster

Quote from: Razorod on September 04, 2007, 09:58:56 pm
I doubt Pel recruits many players like Hill. Fortunately, Hill is a senior so the awkward fit won't last long and he will be drafted on height and potential alone.

Actually I would think Hill is exactly the type of player Pel wants.  He is big and a monster on D and can run the floor like nobody else for his size.  I think he will do great in this up-tempo style of play. 
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

TRUHOG718

September 06, 2007, 10:47:18 am #8 Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:17:07 pm by TRUHOG718
I used to diss Roy Hibbert because of his clumsyness and lack of offensive skills. Now hes looking to be a lottery pick. You have to really be able to develop your big men when they get to college because when they are in high school they really dont have to work as hard, because they are so much bigger than their opponents. Hill was in the same boat as Hibbert so why does Hibbert have such an advantage on him? 

COACHING. If Hill was developed properly he would be so much more than just a shot blocking center. Hed be a beast like Hibbert. Even though he is a defensive genius IMO Hill has underachiaved his 3 years at ARK. I think we will see more from Hill this year because of the coaching staff and because the teams new found swagger/attitude will rub off on everyone. Even a caveman!  ;)
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.