Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama vs. Vandy-Who Ya Got?

Started by san1981, September 02, 2007, 03:07:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryant Disciple

September 03, 2007, 12:04:23 pm #50 Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 12:09:20 pm by Bryant Disciple
Vandy always plays Bama close, but reality check: I was in the stadium the last time Vandy beat Bama. It was 1984.

I'm not saying it CAN'T happen, but I would be very surprised. I think Bama's offensive line will have its way with the Commodores.

wincrimson

Terry Grant will treat the Vanderbilt "defense" like Michael Vick would a pit bull.

Am I worried about the Commowhores?  Hell, no.

MuskogeeHogFan

Vandy has a tendency to be one dimensional and this will kill any hopes they have. Bama wins by 13.
Go Hogs Go!

AFWarrior83

Quote from: Wincrimson on September 03, 2007, 12:08:34 pm
Terry Grant will treat the Vanderbilt "defense" like Michael Vick would a pit bull.

Am I worried about the Commowhores?  Hell, no.

I'm sure Michigan felt the same way about Appalachian State....  Vandy is not a scrub team, the Eastern doormates (Vandy/UK) aren't rent-a wins anymore.  I can't say the same for Ole Miss and MSU.
Hogville member since 2005.

casken

Bama will pull it out in the end, I am hoping for a very long and difficult game so they'll be stung for a week or so.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Chad In Real Life

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

VandyHog

Well, I don't expect Bama fans to think Vandy has a chance. Hopefully the Tide players won't either.  Just keep in mind that Earl Bennett was SEC player of the week and Chris Nickson threw for the second highest number of yards of any SEC quarterback on Saturday. You can let me know after the game on Saturday how one dimensional Vandy is, but I think you are in for a surprise.

alextuscaloosa

Quote from: VandyHog on September 03, 2007, 03:08:02 pm
Well, I don't expect Bama fans to think Vandy has a chance. Hopefully the Tide players won't either.  Just keep in mind that Earl Bennett was SEC player of the week and Chris Nickson threw for the second highest number of yards of any SEC quarterback on Saturday. You can let me know after the game on Saturday how one dimensional Vandy is, but I think you are in for a surprise.

Also remember that Terry Grant was SEC Freshman of the Week
"I'd like for the people to remember me as a winner, cause I aint never been nothing but a winner."

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: VandyHog on September 03, 2007, 03:08:02 pm

Vandy, I'll tell you what, when I am wrong, I am wrong and I will admit it. I went back and looked at the stats and you are right, Vandy does not appear to be one dimensional. 43% of the plays called were passes and 57% running plays. 64% of their yards came from passing while 36% came from running. They have a nice mix. However, I still think that Bama will take them by 13. Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree on that one point. :)
Go Hogs Go!

TNRazorbacker

Vandy wins this. They believe in themselves, and actually have the personnel to back it up this year. Tide comes in over-confident and under prepared after their game against the Little Sisters of the Poor on Saturday.

That said I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to see the Tide blow Vandy out and then be under-prepared for us. However I live in Nashville and know this isn't the your daddys Vanderbilt team.