Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody think the Hogs can beat the Tide in two weeks?

Started by Jaymett06, September 01, 2007, 09:15:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yocdaddy

I feel sorry for all of the pessimists.  Doesn't being negative all the time just get old.  Hogs 27 Bama 21.  You guys that don't believe in McFadden and Jones being able to carry this team are weak of heart.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

hirebutchdavis

ROLL TIDE ROLL.  You guys do realize the chumps from Troy had 400 total yds of offense on us.  You did catch the high lights of what a real coach did with their weak team.  Of course, you can't go by the score.  I guess we will see.  I am calling TIDE 35 ARKANSAS 14 FINAL.  Its tough to win on the road in the SEC.  To use the words of Archie Manning towards the end of last season, "Alabama is loaded.  They made a mistake firing Shula."  Of course, he didn't realize at the time they were going to get Saban.  ROLL TIDE ROLL  I can hear the nuts on the Nutt bus loosening as we speak.

AFWarrior83

Quote from: hirebutchdavis on September 02, 2007, 09:14:51 am
ROLL TIDE ROLL.  You guys do realize the chumps from Troy had 400 total yds of offense on us.  You did catch the high lights of what a real coach did with their weak team.  Of course, you can't go by the score.  I guess we will see.  I am calling TIDE 35 ARKANSAS 14 FINAL.  Its tough to win on the road in the SEC.  To use the words of Archie Manning towards the end of last season, "Alabama is loaded.  They made a mistake firing Shula."  Of course, he didn't realize at the time they were going to get Saban.  ROLL TIDE ROLL  I can hear the nuts on the Nutt bus loosening as we speak.

The Butch Davis coached Tar Heels didn't exactly dominate James Madison....  I guess they should throw in the towel also right?
Hogville member since 2005.

bphi11ips

Quote from: yocdaddy on September 02, 2007, 09:09:40 am
I feel sorry for all of the pessimists.  Doesn't being negative all the time just get old.  Hogs 27 Bama 21.  You guys that don't believe in McFadden and Jones being able to carry this team are weak of heart.

Are they going to play defense, too?  We may beat Alabama.  Probably won't.  Blind optimism is a symptom of a weak brain.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

missippihog

missippihog

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on September 02, 2007, 09:19:29 am
Quote from: hirebutchdavis on September 02, 2007, 09:14:51 am

The Butch Davis coached Tar Heels didn't exactly dominate James Madison....  I guess they should throw in the towel also right?

Don't forget that #1 USC only won by like 28 and we all know Carroll doesn't have a problem with running up the score so their offense must be horrible too.

claytongray

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 02, 2007, 01:53:21 am
beat bama without a passing game?

no way

we'll be lucky to get to 4 SEC wins with that passing game.

Is the passing game worse than last year? How many SEC wins did we get?

lovethosehogs

September 02, 2007, 09:59:08 am #107 Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 10:01:40 am by lovethosehogs
alabama played western carolina. Do you know who they beat last year???  they beat Chowan 42-0 and eastern kentucky. two wins.  Ok here is who they lost too.  Furman beat them 42-7 georgia southern beat them 42-7 Elon beat them 37-19 the citadel beat them 30-27 wofford beat them 35-7 liberty beat them 21-0 appalachian st beat them 31-9  and florida beat them 62-0.  It would be nice for some of you to do some reserch before you post.  Guess how many games this team has won in the last three years???  any one care to guess???  there info is on there website if you care to read.  If not continue tokiss saban's ass.  you do a pretty good job of it on this sight.  will see how good they are when they go to vandy this week end

claytongray

Quote from: DezNuttstehsuq on September 02, 2007, 07:57:47 am
52-6 against a team on par with Troy.

Just because you don't know any players on either team doesn't mean they are on par with each other. Troy is easily the better team.

claytongray

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 02, 2007, 09:33:23 am
Quote from: yocdaddy on September 02, 2007, 09:09:40 am

Are they going to play defense, too?  We may beat Alabama.  Probably won't.  Blind optimism is a symptom of a weak brain.

You keep hoofing out those hate filled diatribes.

AFWarrior83

Quote from: lovethosehogs on September 02, 2007, 09:59:08 am
alabama played western carolina. Do you know who they beat last year???  they beat Chowan 42-0 and eastern kentucky. two wins.  Ok here is who they lost too.  Furman beat them 42-7 georgia southern beat them 42-7 Elon beat them 37-19 the citadel beat them 30-27 wofford beat them 35-7 liberty beat them 21-0 appalachian st beat them 31-9  and florida beat them 62-0.  It would be nice for some of you to do some reserch before you post.  Guess how many games this team has won in the last three years???  any one care to guess???  there info is on there website if you care to read.  If not continue tokiss saban's ass.  you do a pretty good job of it on this sight.  will see how good they are when they go to vandy this week end

+1 man.  Actually you shouldn't try to argue by researching, Nutt sucks and this Razorback team will lose every game!  Gotta love ther haters...   
Hogville member since 2005.

PulledPork

Quote from: 1highhog on September 01, 2007, 09:36:59 pm
I don't think Dick is the answer at QB, but I think we will do all right at Bama.  First game of the year folks, there was a big difference from the 1st to the 2nd halves, did anyone see the LSU-MSU game?  LSU looked bad to me, but I bet they'll be okay, as will the Hogs.  I'm not one who's saying we're looking at a 10 win season, especially the way we played tonight, but I'll gaurantee 9 if someone's willing to make a wager. ;)
$100

Pulled out...

Bama Possum

Yes, Arkansas can beat Alabama...and vice versa.

1. Alabama's offense is a WHOLE lot better than last year. Even though WC is a doormat, the variety and explosiveness of the O was better than I have seen in a while, and they didn't even open up the playbook.

12 different players caught passes last night!

JPW didn't throw any TD passes because Saban went ahead and took him out of the game pretty early. (smart move) He didn't have to throw any because the running backs scored. All three scholarship QB's played last night and every WR and TE played. The score was 52-6...Saban could have played pinball with WC if he had left the first team in.

2. Alabama's defense needs a lot of work. Although they didn't allow any TD's, they are weak up front as everyone predicted. Arkansas will be able to run on Bama. The secondary is pretty good, but not as good as last year. Castille and Carter are bright spots back there. Prince Hall was suspended for the first game, so he will add some depth to MLB.

If one can gather anything from a first game against a cupcake, then this would be my thoughts.
The keys to the game will be Arkansas's abilty to throw the ball some. If Bama is allowed to stack the line against the run, they will win. McFadden and Jones will score some even if Bama does stack the box, but not every possession.  Alabama's offense is going to be very good, but they are going to have to outscore Arkansas to win. If Arky's D doesn't put up one heck of a fight, Bama will hang 30 or 40 on them...

I will have to see how Bama does against Vandy next week before I am completely sold though. WC's defense may be the worst in football...Who knows really at this point.

ArchitectHog

Nope.....And I don't even think it will be close.

Dmac and Felix can only do so much.

Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

PiggyBack

The only way we win that game is if 'Bama shoots themselves in the foot.  If 'Bama comes to play, no way we win that game.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Mr. Porkleone

Troy is no Bama, if bama offense gets a passing game rolling, look out. Plus, Michael Smith does not need to be fielding kicks. We must get better QB play or were dead in water. THis is not a 10 win team people. We will struggle against teams like Kentucky ( they may hit us with 400 yards passing ) South Carolina, Tennesse, Auburn ( Ziemba looked good last night ) and LSU...We are a sub par team.....

PiggyBack

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 02, 2007, 10:16:34 am
Troy is no Bama, if bama offense gets a passing game rolling, look out. Plus, Michael Smith does not need to be fielding kicks. We must get better QB play or were dead in water. THis is not a 10 win team people. We will struggle against teams like Kentucky ( they may hit us with 400 yards passing ) South Carolina, Tennesse, Auburn ( Ziemba looked good last night ) and LSU...We are a sub par team.....

The problem is, our philosophy is to minimize the importance of the QB as much as possible.  You MUST have great QB play to win and we are fervently opposed to that concept.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: PiggyBack on September 02, 2007, 10:18:55 am
Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 02, 2007, 10:16:34 am

The problem is, our philosophy is to minimize the importance of the QB as much as possible.  You MUST have great QB play to win and we are fervently opposed to that concept.

I agree with you Piggy

wincrimson

Our front 7 is about as strong as wet toilet paper.  That could be our downfall...

However, I don't think your defense will be able to stop us.  We've got too many options at receiver and Terry Grant has emerged as a solid RB.  I have confidence in JPW and the home crowd.

It'll be a shootout, though.  Don't think that we'll "embarrass"  you. 

Alabama over Arkansas 31-26.

hogs25

Quote from: hogfan47 on September 02, 2007, 08:21:59 am
Quote from: hoglady on September 01, 2007, 09:38:22 pm
Yes - we can and will beat Alabama.
You'd think we just got beat when I look at the mindset on this board.
I guess Texas will lose every game they play this year cause A State played them so close.
I guess Michigan won't win any games this year cause Appl. State beat them.
We'll find out how good or bad we are when we play Bama.

what did you expect from all the whinners on this board.
Maybe they will take a page from the springdale 3
and run away.........

That's what we do here we whine.  If you think we whine go read a tide's board.  Oh my God, they really do think the world's coming to an end and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if their not arguing over yesterday's blowout. 

Remember a few year's ago when Arkansas beat Bama I can't remember which game exactly but some man shot his stepson because the Tide lost.  That's hard core there but I was more sure about beating Bama yesterday about than I am now.  We always play them tough and usually down to the wire but the QB position is more important than the governor in the South and if one is not worried about Dick then they're full of it.  Do I think we'll win, I don't know...

sihog

Quote from: Jaymett06 on September 01, 2007, 09:15:53 pm
Post your name, phone number, and fund withdrawal information.

I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona.....
I will take oyur oceanfront properyt, THE HOGS WILL WIN.
GO HOGS GO

dockhog

there is no way that we can beat alabama, unless we Nathan dick can come in healthy, we get some imagination in our run game, and Nutt and Lee and the whole coaching staff cant make it to the game.
Poppa Dock

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ErieHog on September 01, 2007, 09:44:25 pm
I'm going to watch Troy-Florida next week, to see if Troy does anything offensively;  I will feel marginally better if they put a few points on the board there.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

VandyHog

Should be an interesting game for everyone when Alabama heads to Nashville next week.  Vandy broke a lot of records last night against a 1-AA team and Alabama looked impressive as well.  I think it will give Arkansas fans a chance to judge Bama against stronger competition and Bama fans a better idea of how the Tide can handle a good passing offense. 

I'll be interested to see how Troy does against Florida as well. 

camden5r

The way everybody sounds on this board, we shouldnt even show up for the rest of the year!!! I don't care for nutt, but last night was a win.  And offense proved they can make plays.  What kind of fans are you people????  Obviously we are not a perfect team, but we can defiantly beat Alabama.

samurai

I think its a pickum right now but we better have a better passing game or we are gonna find 9 in the box all night

Landonhog

Landonhog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 02, 2007, 11:10:44 am
Quote from: ErieHog on September 01, 2007, 09:44:25 pm
I'm going to watch Troy-Florida next week, to see if Troy does anything offensively;  I will feel marginally better if they put a few points on the board there.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

That would be interesting...

Will Hogabook (sp) be healthy?  I thought he hurt his hand last night...

PigPusher

But then we must not forget the 6 (?) fumbles.  Jerk the shirts.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Destin2bAhog

Yes I do.

I don't need any ocean property, my view in Destin works fine.  But thanks for the offer.

PiggyBack

Our Herring-D gave up 26 points to TROY.
Dick couldn't hit water if he fell out of a friggin' boat. (ya like the Bull Durham reference?)
Our secondary sucks.
Playing in 'Bama's SEC opener on national TV under Nick Saban.
Oh, and we still have JFB/Dale....

I'd say the chances of us losing are not that remote.

MajorLance

Yes...we'll beat 'Bama...probably Auburn, Tennessee, all the others too....right now the only game that bothers me is the one in Baton Rouge; I don't see a win coming out of there.  Sad, 'cause it's better to lose early in the season than late in the season.  I'm just hoping LSU somehow slips up (a la last year) along the way for us to go to Atlanta...but I don't think they will.
People are strange when you're a stranger...

arkfanchip

Quote from: toshortrock on September 01, 2007, 09:17:18 pm
no,we won't beat tenn,LSU,,Auburn,,maybe not Kentucky,who else,,south carolina,,we have no quarterback folks

I don't know about betting on here but I'd be willing to put ALOT of money on us winning at least two  of the five teams you listed.  ALOT!

Trottsky

True, Hog defense has got to show improvement, and the offense, which only rolled up 500 yds and 46 points in a typically inept performance against a true doormat team, will have to find a way to get more receivers involved. But that McFadden is a pretty good QB, so there's hope.

Whataboar™

Based on Saturday's lopsided offensive attack, punt return problems and defensive secondary lapses, the sensible side of me says no.
However, my Razorback heart says I sure hope so.
Go Hogs!
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

alohawg

September 02, 2007, 02:05:57 pm #135 Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 02:08:50 pm by alohawg
Quote from: PiggyBack on September 02, 2007, 12:25:10 pm
Our Herring-D gave up 26 points to TROY.
Dick couldn't hit water if he fell out of a friggin' boat. (ya like the Bull Durham reference?)
Our secondary sucks.
Playing in 'Bama's SEC opener on national TV under Nick Saban.
Oh, and we still have JFB/Dale....
I'd say the chances of us losing are not that remote.

ding ding ding ding ding ding...bingo
I hate to say it but there are a whole lot of hog fans that are setting themselves up for a big letdown again, starting with this game @ 'bama. On a positive note, this time next year we may have a much more united fan base with a new staff in place and the healing process underway. Mr. Nutt and co. are a cancer on this program and cancer does not reform itself, it must be removed.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

keithf

We can beat Bama, but it will take our defense playing much better.

budcampbellfan

Who knows?.  Different game, different chemistry.   Looked like they would have embarrassed us yesterday, though.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Bama Possum

Arkansas is not Alabama's SEC opener.

Bama plays Vandy next week, but Arkansas is Alabama's first HOME SEC game.

hogsrbad

We are much better than Alabama guys, if we dont turn it over we beat Bama and cover.

Pigmund Freud

They must be jumping for joy in Alabama after seeing Houston's -choice-for-quarterback, and Houston's- choice -for-OC...Mighty impressive, both. And don't forget Houston's -choice- for -special-teams-coach who has taught them SO much since the debacle of the last four games last year. Alabama may kill us. And if we get by them, LSU certainly will. And we don't even deserve to play Fla. and Ga.

Lets reprint all the "you'll see the Lee passing attack " posts from last year.

bphi11ips

Of course we can beat Alabama.  And they can beat us.  We won't know until around 9:00 pm Sept. 15.  Line will be about Bama -3, which is pick 'em plus home advantage.  Unless Vandy beats Bama, which is possible. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

yawnoc

Man, I just love getting to say this...

...if Appalachian State can beat Michigan...

cthawg

Yes. If you answer no you have loser's mentality. Talk about people being hypocritical talking so much about our recruiting and how we dont go after the big recruits cause we are little ol Arkansas, you are the same people saying we cant beat bama and nick saban, we are just little ole arkansas. At least Houston doesnt say we cant compete on the field like you all do. I could give 2 sh!ts about what happens during recruiting as long as we can compete on the field. The cupboard was bare when matt jones arrived the cupboard was bare when dmac arrived Arkansas will still play football no matter who is here playing or coaching. I expect to win and if we lose I expect us to win the next one. To quote Herm Edwards you play to win the game.

hogsnot06

We'll beat Bama. And their 92,000 will go home pissin' and moanin' as the new darksiders of Sabin.

harmonyhog

nope. Bama loss is the beginning of the end and a 7-5 season

MM-gohogs

Quote from: ErieHog on September 01, 2007, 09:24:31 pm
Yes.    It'll come down to not turning the ball over, though.    If we turn the ball over, it can be a long day.

sheer brilliance, if we turn the ball over we will lose. let me guess this is your next one,

"if we score we may win, if they don't score we can't lose"

right? we have been exposed week one so has michigan notre dame and others. but the fact that we had a tough go of it against the sun belt is not a good thing. a win is a win and hog fans are DILLUSIONAL for thinking we ever have a shot at doing anything worthwile and i don't know being a national powerhouse in football like USC oklahoma ohio state and others. but i would be nice wouldn't it. let's settle for another 6-6. i hope i'm wrong but we'll see.
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

edt

Not only do I think we can beat Bama, I think we will beat Bama.

slopinhogs

Tejada may. it will be close. and a dog fight to the end.hope we are up for it. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

MuskogeeHogFan

Alabama        27
Hogs             24
Go Hogs Go!