Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cancun-exhibition

Started by socalhogcaller, August 30, 2007, 10:56:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

socalhogcaller

I can't find the details of the BB tournament.  Is it getting any kind of radio, or web stat coverage?  Does anybody even know the game times if it is.  Every time I've seen it mentioned, they just say "the Labor Day weekend tournament."

johogs001

My understanding is there is no radio, tv, or live scoring.  There will be a story posted on the games on Hogwired. 

These games won't be real competitive games.  Just Pelphrey looking to play everyone. 

3kgthog

So they've gotta go to Cancun just to play non-competitive games against high school quality competition? Way to milk the system Coach Pel.

Tomhog™

This isn't a tourney, not at all.  They will just play two different teams of origins unknown.  Just a warmup for the guys.  A great opportunity to knock off the rust early.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have a tought time in both games without Weems and Welsh being 50-60%

hogfankb

Quote from: Tomcat on August 30, 2007, 03:42:03 pm
This isn't a tourney, not at all.  They will just play two different teams of origins unknown.  Just a warmup for the guys.  A great opportunity to knock off the rust early.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have a tought time in both games without Weems and Welsh being 50-60%

Don't forget a way to get in an extra 10 practices.

chiefsfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 30, 2007, 03:22:52 pm
So they've gotta go to Cancun just to play non-competitive games against high school quality competition? Way to milk the system Coach Pel.

its really smart. 10 free practices to get together as a team, and 2 games against Foreign teams.  Winning or losing doesnt really matter.  Its the 10 practices that were the big deal out of this
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

h0gfan6

This is the kind of thing that gets me excited about Coach Pel.  Pretty good thinking, being able to get practice and game experience before the season starts.

Tomhog™

Quote from: hogfankb on August 30, 2007, 03:53:24 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on August 30, 2007, 03:42:03 pm

Don't forget a way to get in an extra 10 practices.

I definitely didn't forget that!

Kilgor

People crack me up.  Pelphrey, who makes more than a half a MILLION a year, wants the U of A to pay for ~$2,000 trip to Cancun with a bunch of guys much younger than him for whom he will be responsible. 

Maybe it's the only way that the NCAA will let a new coach get all of the players together to start practicing a new system as a unit this time of year?

No, you're right.  He wanted a free trip with a bunch of 18-23 year old dudes in Cancun.  Makes perfect sense. 

I'll bet he takes the leftover hotdogs and popcorn home after the games too... that leach.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Michael11

Quote from: Kilgor on August 31, 2007, 05:00:49 am

People crack me up.  Pelphrey, who makes more than a half a MILLION a year, wants the U of A to pay for ~$2,000 trip to Cancun with a bunch of guys much younger than him for whom he will be responsible. 

Maybe it's the only way that the NCAA will let a new coach get all of the players together to start practicing a new system as a unit this time of year?

No, you're right.  He wanted a free trip with a bunch of 18-23 year old dudes in Cancun.  Makes perfect sense. 

I'll bet he takes the leftover hotdogs and popcorn home after the games too... that leach.

Not only that they are flying Out Saturday morning, playing Saturday night and Sunday night and leaving Monday morning! No time for fun and games! It was all about the practices!
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

hview

ToddW

i'm in cozumel this weekend and i completly forgot about that, hmmm.
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

The_Bionic_Pig

September 02, 2007, 08:32:44 am #12 Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 08:40:38 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
The game should not have been close but the team was 24 of 62 from the field, 3-of-20 from 3 point land and just 9-of-26 from the free throw line.  Arkansas win with no Patrick Beverley, Marcus Britt, Stefan Welsh etc...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Boar War

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 02, 2007, 08:32:44 am
The game should not have been close but the team was 24 of 62 from the field, 3-of-20 from 3 point land and just 9-of-26 from the free throw line.  Arkansas win with no Patrick Beverley, Marcus Britt, Stefan Welsh etc...
Wow.  Those stats sound horrible.  Why no Beverley or Britt?

mbgrulz

violation of team rules. i guess our guys will have to get used to a coach who will actually put his foot down on you if you screw up. coach P said that it would be more about guys getting minutes than anything else, so im not really worried about it. i do like that we found a way to win a close one. that almost means more to me than blowing someone out and not having to work for the last half of the game.

Porkatarian

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 02, 2007, 08:32:44 am

Also no Sonny Weems.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

BigMikehogg

Arkansas held on to beat Quintana Roo 60-57.Charles Thomas led the way with 15 pts and 13 rebounds.

Porquer4life

Quote from: Kilgor on August 31, 2007, 05:00:49 am

You could pick a worse venue to get in some extra practices but why would you when your bosses are willing to foot the bill?  JP may make the big bucks, but he is not chaperoning these guys by himself.   Assistant coaches and their wives, UofA admin officials and their spouses, boosters and their spouses, state officials and their wives.  I'd like to see a passenger list of the plane.   It ain't all work and no play.

TMc

I've read those (who didn't play).. had an alarm clock problem.. not sure late for practices or what.. but they beat the dog out of the team tonight 108-37.  Mike Washington was the leading scorer with 21 points.. I think Darian had 19 pts / 9 boards.

Eric Cartman

can someone PLEASE give us a boxscore!

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

The Boar War

Quote from: TMc on September 02, 2007, 08:15:56 pm
I've read those (who didn't play).. had an alarm clock problem.. not sure late for practices or what.. but they beat the dog out of the team tonight 108-37.  Mike Washington was the leading scorer with 21 points.. I think Darian had 19 pts / 9 boards.

Guess they couldn't hear the alarm all the way at Senor Frog's.  Just Kidding I have no idea what happened.  I'm glad it happened this early so they can respect Pelphrey's authority.

baylrballa

September 03, 2007, 10:26:43 am #22 Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:29:10 am by baylrballa
http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/090307aaa.html

baylor beat the same team the night after 91-57

http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/090107aad.html
the first game was 115-47.  i guess that is the same team as ya'lls second game.

mbgrulz

Quote from: baylrballa on September 03, 2007, 10:26:43 am
http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/090307aaa.html

baylor beat the same team the night after 91-57
we would have done the same if we had all our bullets.if you take away weems, welsh, and beverley, we aren't very good at all, and i wouldn't expect us to break .500 this season. that is the thing about basketball, one player can make all the difference.

baylrballa

Quote from: mbgrulz on September 03, 2007, 10:30:36 am

we would have done the same if we had all our bullets.if you take away weems, welsh, and beverley, we aren't very good at all, and i wouldn't expect us to break .500 this season. that is the thing about basketball, one player can make all the difference.

guess I should read the thread more carefully.  impossible to compare with out those guys playing.

should be a good experience for both teams if nothing else.

hawaiianhogster

I remember Stan taking our guys down there to.

slopinhogs

when was the last time tyhe Hogs scored a hundred plus oin someone?
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die