Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to Review Fan Etiquette

Started by PAHog, August 27, 2007, 04:36:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_heaven_2000

Quote from: PAHog on August 28, 2007, 03:42:23 pm
Standing also provides another essential benefit for attendees: when everyone around you is standing, you can sit and add the bourbon to your coke without worry of anyone seeing you.

very true
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PAHog on August 28, 2007, 03:42:23 pm
Standing also provides another essential benefit for attendees: when everyone around you is standing, you can sit and add the bourbon to your coke without worry of anyone seeing you.

True dat, true dat!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

mearhart

I don't know how you can drink bourbon and coke. It's way too sweet.

PAHog

Quote from: mearhart on August 28, 2007, 03:49:39 pm

You're not from the South, are you?  You haven't lived until you've tried a Maker's Mark and Diet Coke.  It's like drinking liquid candy.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

HDale

Quote from: hog_heaven_2000 on August 28, 2007, 03:32:47 pm
Here's a picture of my nephew at the LSU game last year. I'm the big guy in the white shirt. You can see him over my right shoulder. When he got bored, he just laid his head down. He has always done just fine at games.

He looks like he is having a blast. (sarcasm)
I will always hate the Dork

Boardon Hamsay

Maybe there's not enough bourbon involved. ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

bearcathog

Wear a shirt.  At a game , there was a 350 lb. man (no exxageration) with a hairy chest and back who decided he would go shirtless.

Unless your name is Eliza Dushku or Jessica Simpson/Alba/Biel, you should take all necessary steps (generous application of double-sided tape, etc.) to ensure that your hairy, jiggly navel remain hidden from public view.

"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

VandyHog

August 28, 2007, 04:00:25 pm #207 Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:02:36 pm by VandyHog
Wasn't it Bill Cosby who said that alcohol magnifies the personality?  Which is a real problem if you were an idiot to begin with.

VandyHog

Wasn't it Bill Cosby who said that alcohol magnifies your personality?  Which is a real problem if you were an idiot to begin with.

Sorry about the double post.  Dang cable internet.

bearcathog

Here's one; get off the freakin' cell phone asking your friends, "Can you see me now??  Dude, I'm waving right now!  No, I'm in a RED shirt!  Dude, do you see me now???"  I hate these people!  Watch the damn game!  Plus don't call your friends with a damn play-by-play replay.  I am sure they own a radio, and can pick up one of the 500 radio stations in the ARSN network.

bearcathog

August 28, 2007, 04:03:55 pm #210 Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:06:33 pm by bearcathog
Stand and sing the national anthemn, or at least take off your freakin hat.

If you feel your singing voice actually does a disservice to the song, stand proud and don't chat with your friends while the anthems are on.

If, as a result of very poor planning, you are on your way to your seat or back to your seat when the anthems start, stop (as long as it's safe) and wait until they are finished before you finish making your way to your seat.

VandyHog

Boardon Hamsay

August 28, 2007, 04:08:51 pm #212 Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:10:37 pm by rlh06
Quote from: bearcathog on August 28, 2007, 04:02:34 pm
Here's one; get off the freakin' cell phone asking your friends, "Can you see me now??  Dude, I'm waving right now!  No, I'm in a RED shirt!  Dude, do you see me now???"  I hate these people!  Watch the damn game! 

I agree, find these people before the game when you're tailgating so you don't look like an idiot playing Where's Waldo: Stadium Edition.

PAHog

Quote from: bearcathog on August 28, 2007, 04:03:55 pm
Stand and sing the national anthemn, or at least take off your freakin hat.

If you feel your singing voice actually does a disservice to the song, stand proud and don't chat with your friends while the anthems are on.

If, as a result of very poor planning, you are on your way to your seat or back to your seat when the anthems start, stop (as long as it's safe) and wait until they are finished before you finish making your way to your seat.

Ditto

Blue35

Back in the day, we would take our whiskey in half pint bottles tucked in our pants. When things got rough we would throw the bottles at the other team.  We did it in 1960 against Ole Miss.  Certainly bad behavior and I don't know why we acted that way.  Just crude I guess and behavior I am not proud of.  Glad we don't do that now.

budcampbellfan

August 28, 2007, 07:00:06 pm #215 Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 07:06:07 pm by budcampbellfan
Students and fans (all males) used to wear sports coats and ties up until what, about 1968?  Didn't keep some from throwing whiskey bottles, though.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

budcampbellfan

August 28, 2007, 07:02:46 pm #216 Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 07:05:20 pm by budcampbellfan
double post.  damn thing would n't post so I stopped it, looked at the board and nothing.  retyped something and there was the old one.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Immensehog on August 27, 2007, 05:38:59 pm
Quote from: PAHog on August 27, 2007, 04:55:42 pm
Quote from: solix on August 27, 2007, 04:52:57 pm
Quote from: PAHog on August 27, 2007, 04:36:34 pm

3.  Do not wear a jersey unless you are under 18 or a girl.

why not?

For the same reasons you don't wear socks with sandals, have a cell phone clipped to your waist, have a bluetooth earbud, or wear a braided belt.  You look like a tool and it reflects poorly on the fanbase as a whole.

Pretty sure I just soiled myslef laughing at this one.

fyi...

It's twice as moronic to be wearing a jersey from 1995 or earlier, especially one that exhibits sufficient wear and tear so that it may be construed as a dishrag, or a rag for wiping an oil dipstick.

Or a dang Matt Jones Arkansas jersey! Don't get me wrong, I love MJ but he's gone people. Move on, buy a DMAC or felix jersey.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

silvertip

Quote from: hogsanity on August 28, 2007, 02:18:20 pm
Quote from: eclipse on August 28, 2007, 02:12:49 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 28, 2007, 02:05:25 pm
Quote from: opozone12 on August 28, 2007, 02:03:29 pm
Quote from: The Marmot on August 28, 2007, 02:02:01 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 28, 2007, 01:58:05 pm

2.  I don't get the standing thing.  I completely understand jumping up on an exciting play/turnover, etc, but all the time? 

I've learned over the years that people stand the whole time at games because:

A. They think thats what "real" and "true" and "dedicated" fans do.

B. They want to piss others behind them off.
C. When making noise from the mouth, you get deeper breaths thus louder yells if you are standing up

So thats why you stand and blick the view of the 85 year old who has been to every game for 50+ years, or at his first game, but can not AND SHOULD NOT have tos tand the whole time to see.

I would guess he stands because he wants to cheer the team in his own way(with half the stadium doing the same).  If the old people want to sit the whole time they have choices to do so.  Get indoor seats, get front of section seating, get Hog heaven seats.  People whining about others standing can do things to make sure they are not behind them at games.

I won't even bother buying anything other than upper deck seats, as close to the top as possible, to avoid this very thing.  Even then, 2 years ago at the South Car game, the 3 "fans" infront of me and my 7 year old stood the entire time.  Thing was, there were 4 rows empty infront of them. 

Then why didn't you move to the empty seats in front of them?

silvertip

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on August 28, 2007, 08:19:59 pm
Quote from: Immensehog on August 27, 2007, 05:38:59 pm

why not?

For the same reasons you don't wear socks with sandals, have a cell phone clipped to your waist, have a bluetooth earbud, or wear a braided belt.  You look like a tool and it reflects poorly on the fanbase as a whole.

Pretty sure I just soiled myslef laughing at this one.

fyi...

It's twice as moronic to be wearing a jersey from 1995 or earlier, especially one that exhibits sufficient wear and tear so that it may be construed as a dishrag, or a rag for wiping an oil dipstick.

Or a dang Matt Jones Arkansas jersey! Don't get me wrong, I love MJ but he's gone people. Move on, buy a DMAC or felix jersey.

Why do you give a rat's ass what other people wear?

Porkette

Quote from: bearcathog on August 28, 2007, 04:02:34 pm
Here's one; get off the freakin' cell phone asking your friends, "Can you see me now??  Dude, I'm waving right now!  No, I'm in a RED shirt!  Dude, do you see me now???" 

Ha, I see that one at least 3 times every game.
I love how they always have to say "I'm the one in the RED shirt!!"  ;D
GO HOGS GO!

10thPlanet

To the guy who has a girlfriend who jumps up and punches the person next to them, please bring her back. She's hot and I had my wife beat the hell out of me when I got home.

Mr. Prozac

And remember: Don't fart in the vicinity of your neighbor's nachos.

Oh, and if you puke, please do it in your own lap, not down my back.

linden0722

hogs25

Man, with all this expert knowledge on attending games maybe next year we'll finally break into 2009 NCAA Football Top 25 most feared places to play.  I know it's just a video game but they do have live reps that attend games all over the country and take into account of what each game is like.  In real life our fans don't really holler on 2nd down and neither do they do on 2nd down on the game.  In the game it sort of gets loud on first and third down just like real life games on the hill.   

Now another point that hasn't been made is if the game and especially with the NCS teams that when/if we're up 38-10 in the 4th (there's no point in continuing to stand and scream you're head off.)  I've attended 100's of Hog games like anybody else and Hog fans will always stand on 3rd down (if the game is still in doubt) and yell, most often on 1st, and sometimes on second when the D is out there. 

Just go and have fun and don't worry what other people think about you.  Who gives a crap about what other's think about us anyway?  We're not in the 80's anymore with the Polo Shirts with Guess Jeans and hairspray was the norm for game day attire.  (Yes, I know Corvette's are materialistic but for the ones that say that haven't ever driven one because once they do they're hooked for life.)  Lastly, for the ones that haven't attended an SEC road game you need to.  It'll give you first hand experience how the elite do it.  Go attend a game at Bama, LSU, TN, UF, GA, and AU.  OM and State are fun too. 

jfb_is_god

If you're not interested in the game.....Don't Come.  I sat behind two women at the USC game last year that did nothing but talk about shopping and clothes.  Then after her kid fell asleep she looked pissed when everyone was hollering and the kid woke up.  I don't think they paid attention to the game for more than two seconds the entire night.  Oh and she tried to get some people kicked out before the game started because some Hog fans and Trojan fans were going back and forth at each other.  Nothing serious but i had the extreme pleasure of having four police officers standing directly behind me for most of the first quarter.
The wicked witch is dead!

<br /><br /><br /><br />
Quote from: BigDeal on February 25, 2007, 01:29:54 am<br />
Quote from: HaWg 10 on February 25, 2007, 01:22:15 am<br />what the hell is the heinzelman ?<br />
<br /><br />Your kidding, right ?<br />

PAHog

Quote from: jfb_is_god on August 29, 2007, 07:12:58 am
If you're not interested in the game.....Don't Come.  I sat behind two women at the USC game last year that did nothing but talk about shopping and clothes.

You always have this problem at the "big" games.  For a lot of people it's not a sporting event, it's a social event.  People go to see and be seen.  To them, the game is a big inconvenience between the tailgate before the game and Dickson Street afterwards.  The game is not the highlight, it's the low point.

jfb_is_god

Quote from: PAHog on August 29, 2007, 08:24:40 am
If you're not interested in the game.....Don't Come.  I sat behind two women at the USC game last year that did nothing but talk about shopping and clothes.

You always have this problem at the "big" games.  For a lot of people it's not a sporting event, it's a social event.  People go to see and be seen.  To them, the game is a big inconvenience between the tailgate before the game and Dickson Street afterwards.  The game is not the highlight, it's the low point.

Unfortunately your right.  I could of delt with the incessesant gabbing but not after she caused the big scene with the 5-0s.  She acted like they barged in her living room and started trash talking her kid.  And the kicker was the kid wasn't even paying attention to the guys.
The wicked witch is dead!

<br /><br /><br /><br />
Quote from: BigDeal on February 25, 2007, 01:29:54 am<br />
Quote from: HaWg 10 on February 25, 2007, 01:22:15 am<br />what the hell is the heinzelman ?<br />
<br /><br />Your kidding, right ?<br />

bythelake

Quote from: jfb_is_god on August 29, 2007, 08:38:40 am
Quote from: PAHog on August 29, 2007, 08:24:40 am

Unfortunately your right.  I could of delt with the incessesant gabbing but not after she caused the big scene with the 5-0s.  She acted like they barged in her living room and started trash talking her kid.  And the kicker was the kid wasn't even paying attention to the guys.

Sounds like my wife.  Her and her friends gossip the whole game.  I would much rather go with the guys, but then I would have to go home after the game.  LOL.

BartIV

August 29, 2007, 08:47:46 am #229 Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:50:13 am by BartIV

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: stillahog on August 27, 2007, 05:31:15 pm

why not?

Dang it, now I gotta buy a whole new outfit for this weekend.
+1 cause I'm a big fan of self-deprecating humor.  That brings you to an even 147 to 147 smite to applaud ratio...

RazorbackNutt

Quote from: dkwvike on August 29, 2007, 12:04:14 am
To the guy who has a girlfriend who jumps up and punches the person next to them, please bring her back. She's hot and I had my wife beat the hell out of me when I got home.

Haha....God I'm ready for Football season!

Immensehog

I'm taking my 8 and 6 year old.

They love to go to razorback games.

(subtle jab at HDale)

(did'nt we have this argument last year?)
;)
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Porkem

PAHog...you are an inspiration to us all!
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

DCHawg

why not?

Outstanding.

Justme

Booing Nutt is not only allowed, but encouraged.

intoxhog

I'll be wearing my Jersey. I think to each there own with that. However stuff like droping the F-bomb throwing up on the people in front of you because you had a wee bit much to drink are no no's
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

txrzrbk

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on August 27, 2007, 04:47:18 pm
6.  Don't get too pi$$ed off when someone shouts an obsenity, your kids don't live in a bubble.

7.  If you're obviously drunk, pleae refrain from getting up every 20 minutes to go get another drink, if you must, finish the drink and then return to your seat... it's not, I repeat, not cool to spill your mixed drink on me or my wife.

(She didn't seem to mind.  I spilled it because she was rubbing my leg!

PeytonManningSUCKS

He's saying frat boys drink boubon and coke while refined drinkers drink bourbon and water, and I for one agree 8).  Too much syrup and sugar if you drink 8 whiskey and cokes, that's where your hangover comes from. 

MsNuttsandBolts

I alternate. Wiskey, water, whiskey, water. No hangover. The people that irritate me at the games are the young college girls who keep going to the bathroom to check their makeup. Get a grip girls. And why would you wear those 6 inch heels to the game? If you need those shoes to have some self-confidence, you are in serious trouble. Now, sit down and lets watch the game.
MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

jeramyaupton

I think the last 6 pages of threads can be summed up in one word. Respect. Look what's going on around you, behave in the same manner, and everyone should be fine.

As for wearing player jersey's (current or former) people can wear whatever they want. Last I checked it was a free country. Until, they post rules at every entrance of RRS and start kicking people out for what they are wearing, I'm gonna wear what I want. Even though i don't have a player jersey. Also, if they start telling people what to wear, I don't wanna be there anyway

kitshicker

Not to rehash the same old argument, but someone standing the ENTIRE game is aggravating. The young girl beside us couldn't see anything. The guy standing was asked by several to sit because the girl couldn't see. He laughed and said to tell her to stand up too. She still couldn't see because of him and his girlfriend.
The most aggravating thing was, I never saw him  doing the Hog call or cheering, or anything but just stand there leaning against the railing. If you are into the game, that is one thing, but to just stand there solely for the purpose of pissing people off is stupid. At the beginning of the 4th quarter when people started leaving, they made sure to grab the first chairback seats available, THEN they decided to sit the rest of the game...........freaking jerks.

Rant over

hogtiedinKC

PAHog,

I agree to disagree with:

My friends and I go to both Chiefs and Razorback games wearing jerseys. If you or someone else came up and called one of us a girl for wearing a jersey, you might end up with a busted nose. I say stick to the red and white rule and screw worrying about what type of shirt someone else wears. Just my opinion though.

claytongray

why not?

Awesome.

BrooklynRoss

why not?

New York Version: Don't wear your hat tilted, don't wear a polo with the collar popped, lose the swept-up spiked haircut, just say no to asian lettering tattoos, etc.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

latech_pilot

I agree on everything but the jersey. I just bought me a number 5 jersey and plan on wearing it to  every game I go to. I don't see anything wrong with supporting your favorite team or favorite player.  I feel the other team seeing all those number 5 jeseys is kinda intimidating.  :razorback:

Jazorback

people who force standards for others to follow are never respected and never followed.

hogsanity

Quote from: Jazorback on September 04, 2007, 01:51:31 pm
people who force standards for others to follow are never respected and never followed.

Is asking someone to sit, because some kid cant see, forcing standards on others? 

As far as what you wear, I could not care less.  IMO, 40 year old men wearing jersies looks pathetic, therefore I do not do it, but you may not feel that way, so go ahead.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE