Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to Review Fan Etiquette

Started by PAHog, August 27, 2007, 04:36:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbaxfan

As far as the dress code goes, I will wear a white t-shirt.  It will say "hogville.net" on the back and front. ;)

My "5% My A$$" shirt is still being printed.

T-hawg

Quote from: budcampbellfan on August 27, 2007, 05:17:03 pm
Get in a fight before the game, not during.  Get it out of your system. 

No need to stand up if you can see just as well sitting down.  Just yell.  yell loud.  Only stand up if the jerk in front of you is standing up blocking your view and its an important play.  Otherwise just sit down - but yell!

Don't jump up every play.  Don't stand up the whole game.  Just yell, loud.  Thanks.

Man I hope the heck I sit in front of you. If you want to sit the whole game, there are indoor club seats left. OOOORRRRR sit it in your favorite recliner at the house and listen to the angel like voice of Chuck Barrett. <sarcasam>

The seats at the stadium are not for seating the whole time. This isn't tennis. It is there to rest your legs during the breaks and halftime.

Flame away
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

hogsanity

Quote from: T-hawg on August 28, 2007, 10:50:00 am

No need to stand up if you can see just as well sitting down.  Just yell.  yell loud.  Only stand up if the jerk in front of you is standing up blocking your view and its an important play.  Otherwise just sit down - but yell!

Don't jump up every play.  Don't stand up the whole game.  Just yell, loud.  Thanks.

Man I hope the heck I sit in front of you. If you want to sit the whole game, there are indoor club seats left. OOOORRRRR sit it in your favorite recliner at the house and listen to the angel like voice of Chuck Barrett. <sarcasam>

The seats at the stadium are not for seating the whole time. This isn't tennis. It is there to rest your legs during the breaks and halftime.

Flame away

What if there is someone behind you WHO IS STANDING AS WELL, but can not see if you stand? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BartIV

Can somone wear a Mitch Mustain Razorback jersey and get away with it? or is that being rude.

Porklandia

I agree on not wearing a jersey. I saw a 300 lb guy in  McFadden jersey and my wife said, "Wow, D-Mac has really let himself go!"
Put a Hog on it!

Porkem

PA that's one of the best...and funniest lists I have ever heard.  Wow...I agree with you on every single rule...+1
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

eclipse

If you want to sit, pony up the cash for the indoor seats or get the front row in a section.  Otherwise quit being lazy.

BartIV

Quote from: kenh2112 on August 28, 2007, 10:54:41 am
I agree on not wearing a jersey. I saw a 300 lb guy in  McFadden jersey and my wife said, "Wow, D-Mac has really let himself go!"
I didn't let myself go, I have always been that way.

BartIV

Quote from: eclipse on August 28, 2007, 10:56:42 am

If you want to sit, pony up the cash for the indoor seats or get the front row in a section.  Otherwise quit being lazy.
If its a cold and rainy game, I am more of a sitter... or am i the only one?

HOGWILD_F4I

So, what the hell are the outdoor seats for?
I was under the impression that the stadium capacity is for ALL fans to come and enjoy WATCHING the football GAME?  Not the back of the people in front of you.
Even if you were to stand, you still can't watch the damn game with everyone hoopin and hollaring and standing up, jumping around.. being just plain out obnoxious..

Is that what I get when I purchase a ticket with my hard earned money to come watch the GAME?

BartIV

Quote from: HOGWILD_F4I on August 28, 2007, 11:02:57 am

I was under the impression that the stadium capacity is for ALL fans to come and enjoy WATCHING the football GAME?  Not the back of the people in front of you.
Even if you were to stand, you still can't watch the damn game with everyone hoopin and hollaring and standing up, jumping around.. being just plain out obnoxious..

Is that what I get when I purchase a ticket with my hard earned money to come watch the GAME?
We should go back to wearing suit and ties to a Razorback game like they did in the 50 and 60's.

Porklandia

Quote from: BartIV on August 28, 2007, 10:57:19 am

Me too. I live in a glass house...
Put a Hog on it!

BartIV

Quote from: kenh2112 on August 28, 2007, 11:06:18 am
Quote from: BartIV on August 28, 2007, 10:57:19 am

Me too. I live in a glass house...
I hear that...

eclipse

Quote from: chortle on August 27, 2007, 09:08:51 pm
Quote from: BassPro on August 27, 2007, 05:22:02 pm

Hopefully you're not sitting behind me, because I only sit down during breaks.  I yell loud the whole game too.  I was asked to shut up a few years ago at the 6 overtime game in Tennessee.  Some lady next to me had an infant and I kept screaming and whistling and it ticked her off so bad she left.  By the 4th overtime the Tennessee people next to me said the Hogs deserved to win because of my enthusiasm the whole game. 

Which brings up another rule.

Don't bring an infant to a game!

As the father of a 10 month old, there is no way in hell that I am going to make an infant "behave" for 4+ hours with 65,000 screaming people around.

And furthermore, it is insane to expect the other 64,999 people that came to the game to "behave" so your infant is not disturbed.

Either hire a sitter, call Gran and Gramps or stay home.

What??  My son just turned 11 months and he has been to 6 basketball games and about 9 baseball games.  He has done fine at all of them and is always been the envy of fans around us because he loves when the crowd cheers.  If he does get upset though, I have no problem sending him out with the nanny or MIL.

Porkem

Amen to that chortle...Some lameass and his wife brought a crying baby to the Tennesse game last year and I just wanted to  strangle the guy. I left the stadium because I couldn't take the constant crying from the baby anymore.  I'm glad I did because I had a better time in the parking lot, getting drunk with the old geezers and watching the game on the tube...so thanx a$$$hole...whoever you were!
Quote from: chortle on August 27, 2007, 09:08:51 pm
Quote from: BassPro on August 27, 2007, 05:22:02 pm

Hopefully you're not sitting behind me, because I only sit down during breaks.  I yell loud the whole game too.  I was asked to shut up a few years ago at the 6 overtime game in Tennessee.  Some lady next to me had an infant and I kept screaming and whistling and it ticked her off so bad she left.  By the 4th overtime the Tennessee people next to me said the Hogs deserved to win because of my enthusiasm the whole game. 

Which brings up another rule.

Don't bring an infant to a game!

As the father of a 10 month old, there is no way in hell that I am going to make an infant "behave" for 4+ hours with 65,000 screaming people around.

And furthermore, it is insane to expect the other 64,999 people that came to the game to "behave" so your infant is not disturbed.

Either hire a sitter, call Gran and Gramps or stay home.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

opozone12

I think you can/should wear a jersey if it looks decent (no wear and tear) and is for the home team. People buys jerseys all the time (NBA, NFL, MLS, etc) College Football should be no different. I do agree though that it has to be a recent player and a non-transfer

PigPusher

1.  If someone in front of you is standing, do not ask them to sit down.  Instead, stand up.  If you don't wish to stand up, leave the stadium and listen on your favorite Razorback radio station.

------------------------

1. Please do not go into the game thinking the game is being played just for you. Be considerate of those behind you as some just may not want to stand or might not even be able to stand and remain standing. Be considerate.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

BartIV

Quote from: opozone12 on August 28, 2007, 11:18:42 am
I think you can/should wear a jersey if it looks decent (no wear and tear) and is for the home team. People buys jerseys all the time (NBA, NFL, MLS, etc) College Football should be no different. I do agree though that it has to be a recent player and a non-transfer
So no Mitch Mustain jerseys. I guess that is just bad Etiquette.  It might embarrass Nutt.

opozone12

Quote from: BartIV on August 28, 2007, 11:20:03 am
Quote from: opozone12 on August 28, 2007, 11:18:42 am
So no Mitch Mustain jerseys. I guess that is just bad Etiquette.  It might embarrass Nutt.
actually you'd most likely be embarrassing MM. lol

eclipse

Quote from: HOGWILD_F4I on August 28, 2007, 11:02:57 am

You purchased your tickets to go to a sporting event and support a team you like.  Again, if you want to sit the whole game, donate more, get the indoor seats or the front row of a section.  If standing when the crowd stands is to hard on you, find another place to sit during the game, don't expect 70K people to cater to your needs.

LOL at your "everyone is standing and hooping and hollering".  What do you want?  Should everyone be silent and sit with their hands in their laps so YOU can enjoy the game?  Maybe you should look into other options for viewing the Hogs live.

I don't care what someone does in their seats as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

H&D

It is lame to go to college football and not want to stand-up and cheer on your team.  Go to a NFL game at Arrowhead and tell the guy in-front of you to sit down. You would be booed out of the stadium.  And if you eighty like the guy behind us and you can't stand-up and cheer, it may be time to let your grandson have the tickets.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

BartIV

But you would think someone could cheer just as good sitting down, than standing up.  Am I wrong?

I am a stander, but at times, I think it would be nice to be a sitter.  Am I wrong to feel that way?  I pay for the seat, don't I. Should I sit in it?

H&D

Quote from: BartIV on August 28, 2007, 11:27:18 am
But you would think someone could cheer just as good sitting down, than standing up.  Am I wrong?

I am a stander, but at times, I think it would be nice to be a sitter.  Am I wrong to feel that way?

You can project your voice better if you stand, so stand and cheer.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hirebutchdavis on August 27, 2007, 06:21:40 pm
T-Shirts that are acceptable to the game!

1.  Nutt you are a dork please transfer and love another helmet.  Wait, you already did that!

2.  "Good bye Mitch we hardly knew ye.

3.  "Can we do better?"  38-36 in SEC play you decide!

4.  After sitting through 2 hours of nutt ball and troy is leading at half time.  Its ok to break out the tshirt "Beer now cheaper than gas drink don't drive"

5.  "Aint nothing better than cracking a nut"  

Feel free to add to

I want to make a shirt that features HDN and DL sitting together on a small ladder, trying to design plays on an Etch a Sketch, with JFB standing over their shoulders with a "hobo-like" stick and bag containing his 1964 NC plaque.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PigPusher

Quote from: hogsanity on August 28, 2007, 10:37:30 am
You paid your money, so do what you want should only extend to the seat you paid for.  This is especially true when it comes to standing.

Standing is NO INDICATION of how good of a fan you are or are not.  I have seen guys stand the whole game, right infront of a kid who ended up not being able to see anything.  If you are going to do that, at least offer to put the kid on YOUR shoulders. 

Wear whatever you want, although dudes over 18 wearing a jersey just looks like some washed up HS hero trying to keep his own legend alive.  However, wearing ANYTHING from any other school should get you kicked out.  I mean, what is the point.

People who stand the entire game are only thinking of one person.  Would that person also pinch little children and kick dogs?

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

opozone12

I am a stander, but at times, I think it would be nice to be a sitter.  Am I wrong to feel that way?  I pay for the seat, don't I. Should I sit in it?

You bought the seat, so do as you please in it. But you didnt buy 71,999 seats, so it wouldn't be right to tell everyone else what to do.

Look at the top Programs in the SEC : LSU, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee...
ALL of these programs have fans that are loud, jumping up and down, and once again just too loud for opposing defenses. Maybe we should take something from these examples.

BartIV

Why pay for a seat and not sit in it. Its madness!

eclipse

Yes, sit by all means.  Just don't get mad that the fans in front want to stand.  I think it is sad when fans want to sit and watch the game on the big screen and expect you to do the same.

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: slopinhogs on August 27, 2007, 05:59:17 pm
people who need to use gross profanity just don't have a good understanding of the english language or command of it. yes i say shi. and damn.that's about it.:razorback:
I have an excellent command of the English language and that's precisely why I use gross profanity when nothing else will communicate what I want to communicate as effectively.  F- is one of the most powerful and versatile words in our language.

opozone12

Quote from: BartIV on August 28, 2007, 11:31:49 am
Its madness!

Madness.....This is Fayetteville!!!! (kick to the chest)

PigPusher

Quote from: opozone12 on August 28, 2007, 11:31:38 am

You bought the seat, so do as you please in it. But you didnt buy 71,999 seats, so it wouldn't be right to tell everyone else what to do.

ALL of these programs have fans that are loud, jumping up and down, and once again just too loud for opposing defenses. Maybe we should take something from these examples.

Perhaps future stadium designs would have sections for standing only with no seats.  If you are a stander, fine just buy a ticket in the standers section.  We could squeeze in more people that way.  The rest of the stadium would still stand when it is desired, but they would not remain standing.

Boardon Hamsay

August 28, 2007, 11:38:00 am #131 Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:40:36 am by rlh06

Exactly, anyone that buys tickets should know there is a chance that people sitting in their general area might stand.  Maybe Hogwired should put a disclaimer on tickets stating "Let the buyer beware, some fellow Hog fans may stand in your way during part, most, or all of the game".

My idea is simulcast the game into BWA and let those who dislike "standers" watch the game from there.

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

BartIV

Quote from: PigPusher on August 28, 2007, 11:36:40 am

Perhaps future stadium designs would have sections for standing only with no seats.  If you are a stander, fine just buy a ticket in the standers section.  We could squeeze in more people that way.  The rest of the stadium would still stand when it is desired, but they would not remain standing.
There definitely needs to be a smoking-sitting section.

Boardon Hamsay

August 28, 2007, 11:40:08 am #133 Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:41:41 am by rlh06
Quote from: Hog on the Hill on August 28, 2007, 11:34:46 am
people who need to use gross profanity just don't have a good understanding of the english language or command of it. yes i say shi. and damn.that's about it.:razorback:
I have an excellent command of the English language and that's precisely why I use gross profanity when nothing else will communicate what I want to communicate as effectively.  F- is one of the most powerful and versatile words in our language.

Very true, a f-bomb (and other variations including the f word as a root) can be used as an noun, adjective, verb, etc.... very versatile for versatile situations. +1

jethro

DO NOT give anyone a reason to think lowly of our fans , team, or state in general.  At the Miracle on Markham I was there with some friends.  He is from La. and his small girls, age 6 and 4 at the time accompanied us dressed in mini cheerleader uniforms.  They got their pic taken with LSU  cheer team and even our cheerleaders said hi to them and shook hands and encouraged them to cheer when they got older for a school.  We WON that game and still people were yelling everything that could be yelled at them, and especially the young girls.  They were called sluts, [CENSORED], whores MF's etc.  even had a couple of beers thrown at the kids to try and mess up their clothes.  I do not care who you are.  IT is uncalled for and ruins the attractiveness of sports events for everyone.  Embarrassed me to be represented in anyone's eyes by that bunch of lowlife.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

opozone12

Thats a good alternative. I have always wanted them to tear down the North-side of the stadium (TV) to build more bleachers to give us a 100,000 seat stadium. Hope they come around to that one day

hogsanity

Look again at those programs, they also SELL OUT for EVERYONE.  Until we do that, we should not compare ouselves to them IN ANYWAY.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

eclipse

Quote from: BartIV on August 28, 2007, 11:39:11 am

LOL, your reasons for wanting to sit are becoming clearer. 

opozone12

Quote from: hogsanity on August 28, 2007, 11:43:58 am

Look again at those programs, they also SELL OUT for EVERYONE.  Until we do that, we should not compare ouselves to them IN ANYWAY.

I said we should take something away from what they are doing. I never said to compare. Something all those schools have that Arkansas doesnt have is more than 1 National Championship (and Arkansas' is debateable)

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on August 28, 2007, 11:34:46 am

Profanity is used by those not educated enough to know other words, or by people who have very low self esteem, so they try to look impressive by using dirty words.

My 6 year old, at the time, heard a guy at a game use a word that my boy knew he shoud not say, my boy turned to me and said " That guy sounds like the 4th grade boys on the playground ".

BartIV

Quote from: eclipse on August 28, 2007, 11:44:05 am

Well, maybe a smoking-sitting-stripper section would help, but that is all of us "sitter fans" ask for.  You "stander fans" hold strong to your "fan"atical beliefs.

eclipse

Quote from: BartIV on August 28, 2007, 11:47:24 am

Well, maybe a smoking-sitting-stripper section would help, but that is all of us "sitter fans" ask for.  You "stander fans" hold strong to your "fan"atical beliefs.

LMAO.  The strippers could be on top of the BAC for entertainment at halftime and breaks.

T-hawg

I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

BartIV

August 28, 2007, 11:52:06 am #143 Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:55:56 am by BartIV
Quote from: eclipse on August 28, 2007, 11:50:50 am

LMAO.  The strippers could be on top of the BAC for entertainment at halftime and breaks.
I am afraid now they might distract Houston Nutt and Teresa, so its probably not a good idea.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: BartIV on August 28, 2007, 11:52:06 am

I am afraid now they might distract Houston Nutt, so its probably not a good idea.

Hhhmm, you could simulcast the game into BWA and have a stripper-sitter-smoker-drinker section in the private boxes.  They could charge $175 per ticket and sell a few I'm sure.

BartIV

Quote from: rlh06 on August 28, 2007, 11:56:21 am
Quote from: BartIV on August 28, 2007, 11:52:06 am

I am afraid now they might distract Houston Nutt, so its probably not a good idea.

Hhhmm, you could simulcast the game into BWA and have a stripper-sitter-smoker-drinker section in the private boxes.  They could charge $175 per ticket and sell a few I'm sure.
or i could go to a farmington gentlemans club and sit and drink and smoke and watch the strippers and the RAzorback game on tv while only paying about 30 dollars in 1 dollar bills and some change.

Rod6275

Remember the Golden Rule.... Do Unto others ( except texans ) as  you  would have them do unto to  you...
Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

McKdaddy

Quote from: hogrocker on August 27, 2007, 04:41:37 pm
1.  Please don't get hammered drunk and drop an F-bomb at Houston Nutt loud enough for my five-year-old to hear (guy who sits behind me).
So true.  Please be considerate in this regard.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

BartIV

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 28, 2007, 12:05:19 pm
Quote from: hogrocker on August 27, 2007, 04:41:37 pm
1.  Please don't get hammered drunk and drop an F-bomb at Houston Nutt loud enough for my five-year-old to hear (guy who sits behind me).
So true.  Please be considerate in this regard.
That is known as the student section.

opozone12