Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to Review Fan Etiquette

Started by PAHog, August 27, 2007, 04:36:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PAHog

August 27, 2007, 04:36:34 pm Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:51:43 pm by PAHog
With the game coming up this weekend, there's a few things we all need to remember when attending a Razorback game.  Please feel free to add to this far from complete list.

1.  If someone in front of you is standing, do not ask them to sit down.  Instead, stand up.  If you don't wish to stand up, leave the stadium and listen on your favorite Razorback radio station.

2.  Don't wear the merchandise of other college teams, especially other SEC teams.  People are staring at you, and they are wanting something bad to happen to you.

3.  Do not wear a jersey unless you are under 18 or a girl.

4.  If Arkansas is on offense, please be quiet.  Feel free to cheer at the end of a good play, but stop before the ball is marked as they are trying to get the next play in.  Our offense is handicapped enough without you making it hard for them to hear the call.

5.  If Arkansas is on defense, please make noise.  You don't have to stand and scream your head off.  Sit and clap.  Just do something.  Deny it all you want, but fan noise can have an effect on the opposing offense (see reasons stated in 4 above).

6.  Do not sit in someone else's seat and then get sideways when the rightful owner asks you to move.

7.  For those that are colorblind, our colors are red and white.  I just don't see how it is possible for someone to have tickets and not own anything red or white.  A plain white T-shirt with pit stains is preferable over camouflage and any shade of orange.

8.  If you bring booze into the game, you should share if you are politely asked by one of your neighbors for a snort.  It's just common courtesy.

9.  When leaving the game in your car, let one person out.  For those of you that don't do this, quit being a jerk.  For those of you that let everyone out, you're making the people behind you mad.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

hogrocker

1.  Please don't get hammered drunk and drop an F-bomb at Houston Nutt loud enough for my five-year-old to hear (guy who sits behind me).

PAHog

Quote from: hogrocker on August 27, 2007, 04:41:37 pm
1.  Please don't get hammered drunk and drop an F-bomb at Houston Nutt loud enough for my five-year-old to hear (guy who sits behind me).

Profanity is never acceptable in the presence of children under 16, even if their parent/guardian is using it.  If you're not clever enough to make a smart comment about the playcalling without using it, keep your mouth shut.

UAfanatic

August 27, 2007, 04:46:59 pm #3 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:48:53 pm by UAfanatic
excellent

When we are on defense .. not only make noise during the play

Make noise all the way through the huddle!!

LordStanleysHog

6.  Don't get too pi$$ed off when someone shouts an obsenity, your kids don't live in a bubble.

7.  If you're obviously drunk, pleae refrain from getting up every 20 minutes to go get another drink, if you must, finish the drink and then return to your seat... it's not, I repeat, not cool to spill your mixed drink on me or my wife.

solix

Quote from: PAHog on August 27, 2007, 04:36:34 pm

why not?

PAHog

Quote from: solix on August 27, 2007, 04:52:57 pm

why not?

For the same reasons you don't wear socks with sandals, have a cell phone clipped to your waist, have a bluetooth earbud, or wear a braided belt.  You look like a tool and it reflects poorly on the fanbase as a whole.

hogrocker

My child doesn't live in a bubble.  I guarantee you that she's both seen drunk people and heard profanity.  I don't care if people are drunk at the game-I have been.  I just think screaming the f-word at the top of your lungs is only gonna really do three things:  1.  Cause my kid to ask me what it means:  2.  Make anyone who isn't from here think Arkansans have no class, just like they heard on TV, and 3.  Potentially get someone arrested.

solix

how does wearing a jersey reflect poorly?  now the other examples i agree with

Gas Can

1.  If someone in front of you is standing, do not ask them to sit down.  Instead, stand up.  If you don't wish to stand up, leave the stadium and listen on your favorite Razorback radio station.

What if you are short?

BassPro

Quote from: PAHog on August 27, 2007, 04:55:42 pm

why not?

For the same reasons you don't wear socks with sandals, have a cell phone clipped to your waist, have a bluetooth earbud, or wear a braided belt.  You look like a tool and it reflects poorly on the fanbase as a whole.

Bwaaahaaaaa haaaaa!  Thats funny, I dont care who you are!  I thought I was the only who thought that!?

V B Porkers

TechHog

I'm with you on the jersey thing.  It just seems kind of sad and pathetic(to me). Also, If you are hammered drunk, leave the flask or pint at the tailgate.  I agree TOTALLY with the entire list.

LordStanleysHog

August 27, 2007, 05:06:56 pm #13 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 05:09:36 pm by LordStanleysHog
Quote from: hogrocker on August 27, 2007, 04:56:50 pm
My child doesn't live in a bubble.  I guarantee you that she's both seen drunk people and heard profanity.  I don't care if people are drunk at the game-I have been.  I just think screaming the f-word at the top of your lungs is only gonna really do three things:  1.  Cause my kid to ask me what it means:  2.  Make anyone who isn't from here think Arkansans have no class, just like they heard on TV, and 3.  Potentially get someone arrested.

Hey, I agree with you... I just said don't get too pi$$ed, the f-bomb is unacceptable, you won't hear it from my mouth at a game... my point is just that someone getting angered to the point of making another scene by trying to "fix" the situation, doesn't really solve anything.  and no, I'm not saying that what was meant.

Quote from: solix on August 27, 2007, 04:57:12 pm
how does wearing a jersey reflect poorly?  now the other examples i agree with

I think you may be the guy that sits in front of me... J/K... to each his own, but personally I get a chuckle out of the guys wearing the jerseys... I'd take it so far as, if you're not on the team, don't don the jersey (of course, unless you are a chick and its tied in a knot...).

VandyHog

9.  When leaving the game in your car, let one person out.  For those of you that don't do this, quit being a jerk.  For those of you that let everyone out, you're making the people behind you mad.

Amen!

Dr. Leonard Ford

I was with you until the camo remark.  Must be a yankee.

bucknasty

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on August 27, 2007, 04:47:18 pm
6.  Don't get too pi$$ed off when someone shouts an obsenity, your kids don't live in a bubble.

7.  If you're obviously drunk, pleae refrain from getting up every 20 minutes to go get another drink, if you must, finish the drink and then return to your seat... it's not, I repeat, not cool to spill your mixed drink on me or my wife.

My apologies to you and your wife.........No for real, I'm being serious.....you both seem like nice people

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: VandyHog on August 27, 2007, 05:07:26 pm

Amen!

yes, oh man its just like church... everyone's praising Lord and being Christian to each other until the parking lot... then they don't care about anyone but themselves...

It's common curtesy to have a "every other" system.

budcampbellfan

Get in a fight before the game, not during.  Get it out of your system. 

No need to stand up if you can see just as well sitting down.  Just yell.  yell loud.  Only stand up if the jerk in front of you is standing up blocking your view and its an important play.  Otherwise just sit down - but yell!

Don't jump up every play.  Don't stand up the whole game.  Just yell, loud.  Thanks.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

BassPro

Quote from: budcampbellfan on August 27, 2007, 05:17:03 pm

No need to stand up if you can see just as well sitting down.  Just yell.  yell loud.  Only stand up if the jerk in front of you is standing up blocking your view and its an important play.  Otherwise just sit down - but yell!

Don't jump up every play.  Don't stand up the whole game.  Just yell, loud.  Thanks.

Hopefully you're not sitting behind me, because I only sit down during breaks.  I yell loud the whole game too.  I was asked to shut up a few years ago at the 6 overtime game in Tennessee.  Some lady next to me had an infant and I kept screaming and whistling and it ticked her off so bad she left.  By the 4th overtime the Tennessee people next to me said the Hogs deserved to win because of my enthusiasm the whole game. 

Nashville Fan

10. Don't wear camouflage. It reminds people of Deliverance. This is mainly for the TN fans.
Pittman or Bust!

budcampbellfan

Quote from: BassPro on August 27, 2007, 05:22:02 pm

Hopefully you're not sitting behind me, because I only sit down during breaks.  I yell loud the whole game too.  I was asked to shut up a few years ago at the 6 overtime game in Tennessee.  Some lady next to me had an infant and I kept screaming and whistling and it ticked her off so bad she left.  By the 4th overtime the Tennessee people next to me said the Hogs deserved to win because of my enthusiasm the whole game. 
People are interested in the game not you.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

BassPro

Quote from: budcampbellfan on August 27, 2007, 05:24:25 pm

People are interested in the game not you.

Thats cool, its obvious I'm interested in the game too.  I just have a different way of doing things.  Sorry if you're offended by a fanatic.  If you sat by me and they sold beer, I would keep you loaded for the inconvenience of my "cheering" style.

Wayne Watson

I have never sat at a college game.  Even when UCLA was kicking our butt in the Cotton Bowl.  Everyone stood.  My son, bless his heart, graduated from Texas A & M and no one sits during a game.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

BassPro

Quote from: wayne1958 on August 27, 2007, 05:27:37 pm

I have never sat at a college game.  Even when UCLA was kicking our butt in the Cotton Bowl.  Everyone stood.  My son, bless his heart, graduated from Texas A & M and no one sits during a game.

Thats the way it should be.  Maybe there should be a section for people who like to sit?

budcampbellfan

August 27, 2007, 05:30:47 pm #25 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 05:32:27 pm by budcampbellfan
Quote from: BassPro on August 27, 2007, 05:28:41 pm

Thats the way it should be.  Maybe there should be a section for people who like to sit?
Hey, you might have something there.  A section with no seats for you.  And I would not want to copy TexA&M on anything.

Sonofahog

why not?

Dang it, now I gotta buy a whole new outfit for this weekend.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

BassPro

Quote from: budcampbellfan on August 27, 2007, 05:30:47 pm

Hey, you might have something there.  A section with no seats for you.

That would work for me!  +1 for the idea!

bythelake

Quote from: stillahog on August 27, 2007, 05:31:15 pm

why not?

Dang it, now I gotta buy a whole new outfit for this weekend.

+1, now that is funny.

Immensehog

why not?

Pretty sure I just soiled myslef laughing at this one.

fyi...

It's twice as moronic to be wearing a jersey from 1995 or earlier, especially one that exhibits sufficient wear and tear so that it may be construed as a dishrag, or a rag for wiping an oil dipstick.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Immensehog on August 27, 2007, 05:38:59 pm

why not?

Pretty sure I just soiled myslef laughing at this one.

fyi...

It's twice as moronic to be wearing a jersey from 1995 or earlier, especially one that exhibits sufficient wear and tear so that it may be construed as a dishrag, or a rag for wiping an oil dipstick.

Would a Hogville t-shirt be out of line?   LOL
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

pigsnoter49

Don't start no frickin WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND FIRE THE DORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ding Dong The Dork Is Gone Oh Happy Day!

hawgwilde

Quote from: pigsnoter49 on August 27, 2007, 05:41:19 pm
Don't start no frickin WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND FIRE THE DORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the Waste Management transplants who start the wave. :D
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

Frankycottonrow

Oh and don't forget to add that you cannot say pissed at a razorback game anymore, I was let known this by a man and wife when I heard a lot worse words coming from older folks, but I quess they wanted to make an example of the young guy.  I made my piece and ruined there game for acting better than me!!  Can't sit there anymore, but I like my new seats lots better (40 yard line lower 20) get some!! (to the fans b/c they know who they are)

alwaysondbigscreen

August 27, 2007, 05:51:54 pm #34 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 05:53:29 pm by alwaysondbigscreen
dont congregate 2 inches outside the stadium so you can light up.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

budcampbellfan

The WAVE.  Some people just can't let go of the old SWC.

Boarcephus

4.  If Arkansas is on offense, please be quiet.  Feel free to cheer at the end of a good play, but stop before the ball is marked as they are trying to get the next play in.  Our offense is handicapped enough without you making it hard for them to hear the call.

If you're at the game you ought to be able to make as much noise as you like when we're on offense because you can be sure Casey will not be allowed to audible out of the play sent in.   Being noisy won't mess things up a bit.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

imahoggie

there is a section for people who like to sit during the whole game..... its your living room
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

rzrbaxfan

Agree 100%, but you are preaching to the choir man.  The folks that need to learn this are afraid to come to hogville.

slopinhogs

people who need to use gross profanity just don't have a good understanding of the english language or command of it. yes i say shi. and damn.that's about it.:razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

The Boar War

Quote from: imahoggie on August 27, 2007, 05:56:53 pm
there is a section for people who like to sit during the whole game..... its your living room

The only exception is if youre standing in front of the elderly or those who physically can't stand for prolonged periods of time.  In that case be a southern gentleman and be considerate.  Otherwise its on.

ThisTeetsTaken

11.  Don't ask me to lower my voice or quit whistling while we're on defense.  I was actually asked to stop yelling last year during the ULM game. BTW lady, you had no idea I could get even louder, did ya?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

The Marmot

Give me a break. Theres nothing wrong with sitting at a game. They put seats in stadiums for a reason.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

budcampbellfan

August 27, 2007, 06:04:51 pm #43 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 06:11:05 pm by budcampbellfan
Perhaps I overstated my positon.  I like to stand when it's critical or kickoffs and such.  But just to be standing the whole game is silly.  Bouncing up and down every relatively mundane play, no reason for it.  It does not contribute to excitement of the game it is just forcing yourself on everyone else.

I like BassPro's idea.  Actually it was my twist on his idea but he liked it.  We could increase the capacity of our stadium.  Some sections with no seats.  No sitting allowed.  No sitting possible.  Think how many more people could get into one of those sections!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: budcampbellfan on August 27, 2007, 06:04:51 pm
Perhaps I overstated my positon.  I like to stand when it's critical or kickoffs and such.  But just to be standing the whole game is silly.  Bouncing up and down every relatively mundane play, no reason for it. 

I like BassPro's idea.  Actually it was my twist on his idea but he liked it.  We could increase the capacity of our stadium.  Some sections with no seats.  No sitting allowed.  No sitting possible.  Think how many more people could get into one of those sections!
What color is your hair?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

budcampbellfan

Blond and gray.  I can stand the whole game as easy as anyone.  but it adds nothing to the excitement.  Just forcing yourself on everyone else.

Hammibal Lecter

ive been agonizing about wearing my "fire nutt" shirt to the game(ive altered it to where it says "support the players" on back), i want people to know my position on the coaching staff, but dont want to upset the people around me or answer questions about it the whole game. I wear it out all the time, but this will be my first timew to wear it to a game now that i have my own season ticks (my pops wouldnt let me have his ticks or go with me if i wore it last year)

what say you?
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

WoooPigSooie

This has been covered in the Man Law post from last year, but I'll repeat it for the sake of this post.

Fellas, when calling the hogs, NO "spirit fingers." 
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

hogwild32

I have no problem with people standing the whole game or yelling.  To each his own.  He/she paid for a ticket which gives them the right to do whatever they want (as long as it's not illegal).  Also, i agree with the poster above about the elderly people or disabled people.  Be a gentleman if that's the case.

I do have a problem with the F-bombs, but hey.  You have two choices.  Either leave and go listen to it in the car or be glad that you posess a good vocabulary to where you dont have to communicate through curse words.  I hate to use a tired cliche, but be the better man (or woman).

hirebutchdavis

T-Shirts that are acceptable to the game!

1.  Nutt you are a dork please transfer and love another helmet.  Wait, you already did that!

2.  "Good bye Mitch we hardly knew ye.

3.  "Can we do better?"  38-36 in SEC play you decide!

4.  After sitting through 2 hours of nutt ball and troy is leading at half time.  Its ok to break out the tshirt "Beer now cheaper than gas drink don't drive"

5.  "Aint nothing better than cracking a nut"  

Feel free to add to