USC message board says " Another Arkansan going to be a trojan!"

Started by jaredkr, August 23, 2007, 02:25:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on August 23, 2007, 04:14:47 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 04:11:45 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 23, 2007, 04:09:01 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 04:06:12 pm
I wonder, are there threads on LSu, or TX or Ga boards talking about all the players that leave their states? 

if the players leaving were the best players in the state, and their programs were mired in a decade long circle jerk of mediocrity. Then yeah i would think the answer would be yes they are or would be talking about it.

The only sschool in the sec, and proabably the country, that acts like our fans when a recruit leaves the state is the UA, no one else even comes close.  I ahve said it before, and I will say it again, HOG FANS BETTER BE GLAD THAT KIDS LEAVE THEIR HOMESTATES, BECAUSE WE WOULD NOT HAVE A TEAM WITHOUT OUT OF STATE PLAYERS!

sorry but Razorback football is built on home grown instate talent.

Most teams are.  Sadly though, that is why we don't win championships.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jcam61

budcampbellfan

I think Pete Caroll likes to show Broyles
Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 03:45:10 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on August 23, 2007, 03:44:07 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 03:36:55 pm
Quote from: Fatty McGee on August 23, 2007, 02:26:37 pm
If you had to choose between USC and Arkansas, why wouldn't you choose USC?

Back to the question, how does that get changed, and it aint just the coach.

You can't convince anyone with common sense that if we had a balanced modern offense where receivers and qb's were given an opportunity to succeed that we wouldn't have certain high profile qb's and wr's from the state that have left still on campus or on campus as of this month.

Suppose we ran the exact smae offense as USC, which school would you pick.
Switch coaches and staffs for 2 years and then see what happens.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 04:15:31 pm
I wonder, are there threads on LSu, or TX or Ga boards talking about all the players that leave their states? 

if the players leaving were the best players in the state, and their programs were mired in a decade long circle jerk of mediocrity. Then yeah i would think the answer would be yes they are or would be talking about it.

The only sschool in the sec, and proabably the country, that acts like our fans when a recruit leaves the state is the UA, no one else even comes close.  I ahve said it before, and I will say it again, HOG FANS BETTER BE GLAD THAT KIDS LEAVE THEIR HOMESTATES, BECAUSE WE WOULD NOT HAVE A TEAM WITHOUT OUT OF STATE PLAYERS!

my beef is that you cannot win championships with the "left overs" from your state, and the "left overs" from other states. It just wont happen. You have to either pull every player from your state and hope they are good, and fill in gaps with "3 stars" from the recruiting hot beds, or shift your focus to luring the best of the best from other states to your school, and if you get the home state kids great.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: poohpig on August 23, 2007, 02:39:22 pm
Quote from: mikeyg31 on August 23, 2007, 02:31:03 pm
This was confirmed on 103.7 this morning (The Hooten's rep)...

This is far from confirmed.  The poster on that board was just speculating and the radio report is very sketchy.  It's between Georgia, USC, and Ark.

Hmmm, let me think now....Ga or So Cal or Nutt's Hogs, a team that barely passes. Gee, I cannot decide.

Given Nutt's inability to keep the best players inside the fence he never built, I'd  say it's a high percentage likelihood that this boy is NOT going to be a Hog if he has offers from USC and GA.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on August 23, 2007, 04:17:39 pm

my beef is that you cannot win championships with the "left overs" from your state, and the "left overs" from other states. It just wont happen. You have to either pull every player from your state and hope they are good, and fill in gaps with "3 stars" from the recruiting hot beds, or shift your focus to luring the best of the best from other states to your school, and if you get the home state kids great.

But, up until 2006, we had not been getting in state leftovers.  The problem is, after the top 4 or 5 in state, the talent really drops off.  I will ask you this, would you rather have the 10th best player in AR, or the 10 best player from TX, or LA, or Ga, or Fla?  Think about it, the 20th best player in Ar last year was Adam Herring.  He seems like he will probably be a decent, most likely backup, LB during his career.  Now, go look at the 20th rated player in Tx, or La, Or ga, Or Bama, or Fla.

I think the hogs need to pursue the last line of your post.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hawg Daddy Cool

You guys are funny.  We have commitments from 7 of the top 10 players in the state, and you guys are going to whine about this one possibly getting away.  You guys really need some perspective....

PulledPork

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 04:15:00 pm
Quote from: Razorhog2006q on August 23, 2007, 04:12:52 pm

Yes. Go over to TigerDroppings and mention Joe McKnight.

What?  Other schools have had high profile recruits leave their home state?  I thought that only happened here.

As an aside, I read the SI article on McKnight, and his upbringing, I would have wanted to get as far away from that as i could too.
typical insanity fodder.....prove him wrong and he makes excuses for it.  Hooty, is that you?

Pulled out...

PulledPork

Quote from: Hawg Daddy Cool on August 23, 2007, 04:21:15 pm

You guys are funny.  We have commitments from 7 of the top 10 players in the state, and you guys are going to whine about this one possibly getting away.  You guys really need some perspective....
name those please with their star affiliation and who was recruiting them

Pulled out....

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 04:20:13 pm

But, up until 2006, we had not been getting in state leftovers.  The problem is, after the top 4 or 5 in state, the talent really drops off.  I will ask you this, would you rather have the 10th best player in AR, or the 10 best player from TX, or LA, or Ga, or Fla?  Think about it, the 20th best player in Ar last year was Adam Herring.  He seems like he will probably be a decent, most likely backup, LB during his career.  Now, go look at the 20th rated player in Tx, or La, Or ga, Or Bama, or Fla.

Of course they prolly do, but the simple facts are it "should" be easier to foster and grow in state talent. Get them while they are young, there is already a natural fan base for the hogs state wide almost unrivaled anywhere else in the country.

You are right it has only been "recently" that we lost instate kids, but it also has only been recently that Arkansas has had "nationally ranked" instate prospects. So this begs the question did previous recruits come to arkansas out of love for the helmet or just because they really had no other offers of worth?

I would rather pull top 100 talent out of Texas instead of Arkansas kids any day of the week. But the Razorbacks can only directly effect kids in their home state with camps etc.

If UofA football camps were more about "teaching football", and less about "OMG I ATE LUNCH WITH COACH NUTT I SHOULD THANK MY LUCKY STARS"  we might see a paradigm shift in the talent base in state.

HedgeDweller

1. Earthquakes
2. Fires
3. Smog
4. Lohan/Hilton on the highway

Four good enough reasons for ME not to go to USC (Los Angeles)

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on August 23, 2007, 04:24:04 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 04:20:13 pm

Of course they prolly do, but the simple facts are it "should" be easier to foster and grow in state talent. Get them while they are young, there is already a natural fan base for the hogs state wide almost unrivaled anywhere else in the country.

You are right it has only been "recently" that we lost instate kids, but it also has only been recently that Arkansas has had "nationally ranked" instate prospects. So this begs the question did previous recruits come to arkansas out of love for the helmet or just because they really had no other offers of worth?

I would rather pull top 100 talent out of Texas instead of Arkansas kids any day of the week. But the Razorbacks can only directly effect kids in their home state with camps etc.

If UofA football camps were more about "teaching football", and less about "OMG I ATE LUNCH WITH COACH NUTT I SHOULD THANK MY LUCKY STARS"  we might see a paradigm shift in the talent base in state.

The Fb talent available is a direct result of population.  Fewer people, fewer players, and even fewer SEC calibre players.  The shift lately has simply been from non skill to skill positions, the overall # of SEC calibre recruits has not changed. 

As I have posted before, we only "exported" 3 players to other SEC schools this year (maybe 4, I thought one went to Vandy).  Ky sent more than that to other sec schools. 

Hawg Daddy Cool

August 23, 2007, 04:29:10 pm #62 Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 04:31:40 pm by Hawg Daddy Cool
Quote from: PulledPork on August 23, 2007, 04:23:58 pm
Quote from: Hawg Daddy Cool on August 23, 2007, 04:21:15 pm

You guys are funny.  We have commitments from 7 of the top 10 players in the state, and you guys are going to whine about this one possibly getting away.  You guys really need some perspective....
name those please with their star affiliation and who was recruiting them

Pulled out....

Ummmm, here's the list from Rivals.  I thought these names were pretty common knowledge so not sure why you wanted me to list them.  I don't know who all was recruiting them because I don't subscribe to Rivals.  

1 Joe Adams
2 De'Anthony Curtis
3 Matt Hall
4 Jarius Wright
5 Jim Youngblood
6 Greg Childs
7 Tyler Wilson
8 Lavunce Askew
9 Dennis Johnson
10 Cruz Williams

PulledPork

very good, now most of them are 2/3 star players....and lets not forget, until the ink is dried, we don't have them!

Pulled out...

wooly

Quote from: HedgeDweller on August 23, 2007, 04:26:30 pm

1. Earthquakes
2. Fires
3. Smog
4. Lohan/Hilton on the highway

Four good enough reasons for ME not to go to USC (Los Angeles)

Go to some of their websites.  I thought Carroll was a tool when he was in the NFL, but that guy is money in the NCAA.  He is using the obvious stuff a 18-22 year old male would notice.  They just took a break from practice the other day and went to a Pro volleyball tourney.  He has celebrities from all walks come in to speak to them. That's before you get to anything football related.

Hawg Daddy Cool

Quote from: PulledPork on August 23, 2007, 04:33:07 pm
very good, now most of them are 2/3 star players....and lets not forget, until the ink is dried, we don't have them!

Pulled out...

Okay, so in one breath you want to complain about not getting the top in-state talent, and in the next breath, you want to say that the top in-state talent isn't very good.   Not sure how that's supposed to work.

But since you seem to not be very impressed with the top 10 in-state athletes this year, who would you drop from that list, and who do you think we shouldn't have gone after?

HedgeDweller

Pulled out...

Actually, Pulled, if you are going by Rivals 'stars', we have just as many 4 stars as we do 2 stars.....
(Four each)

PulledPork

Quote from: Hawg Daddy Cool on August 23, 2007, 04:38:12 pm

Pulled out...

Okay, so in one breath you want to complain about not getting the top in-state talent, and in the next breath, you want to say that the top in-state talent isn't very good.   Not sure how that's supposed to work.

But since you seem to not be very impressed with the top 10 in-state athletes this year, who would you drop from that list, and who do you think we shouldn't have gone after?
ok, lemme explain it this way....I would much rather have 7 of the top 100 from Texas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana or California over 30 of our top 100.  We don't have the talent, and when we do, like last year, we don't have a coach who knows what to do with it. 

Better?

Pulled out...

PulledPork

Quote from: HedgeDweller on August 23, 2007, 04:39:51 pm

Pulled out...

Actually, Pulled, if you are going by Rivals 'stars', we have just as many 4 stars as we do 2 stars.....
(Four each)

wooohooo, we are racking up the 3*'s!!

Pulled out...

HedgeDweller

Quote from: PulledPork on August 23, 2007, 04:43:19 pm

Pulled out...

(Four each)

Pulled out...

Yep.  Childs for sure, maybe Askew and Youngblood OUGHT to be 4's....

PulledPork

Quote from: HedgeDweller on August 23, 2007, 04:46:29 pm

Pulled out...

(Four each)

Pulled out...

typical response from a hugger...."we've been wrongdone!"  yeah, rivals doesn't know what they are doing, right?

Pulled out...

Hawg Daddy Cool

Quote from: PulledPork on August 23, 2007, 04:42:47 pm
Quote from: Hawg Daddy Cool on August 23, 2007, 04:38:12 pm

Pulled out...

ok, lemme explain it this way....I would much rather have 7 of the top 100 from Texas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana or California over 30 of our top 100.  We don't have the talent, and when we do, like last year, we don't have a coach who knows what to do with it. 

Better?

Pulled out...

So if you don't think we have the talent, then why does the coaching staff get lambasted every time we don't get an in-state player, which is what I thought this thread was about.  You know damn well that if Curtis, Youngblood, Hall, or any of the other players had committed to an out-of-state school, that the coaching staff would have been ridiculed to no-end.  Now that they are committed, you want to act like they aren't good enough.  You can't have it both ways.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: PulledPork on August 23, 2007, 04:47:39 pm
Quote from: HedgeDweller on August 23, 2007, 04:46:29 pm

Pulled out...

(Four each)

Pulled out...

typical response from a hugger...."we've been wrongdone!"  yeah, rivals doesn't know what they are doing, right?

Pulled out...

Why is that a hugger response?
Because the ones I mentioned aren't from NWA?

Pulled, Childs is FOR REAL.

PulledPork

well, I agree, you can't have it both ways....but what we can have is a decent, honest, integrity filled coach who can churn this butter we have left to deal with so the cream can come to the top.  until that happens, what we get from instate, will not be good enough.

Pulled out...

hawaiianhogster

slopinhogs

green  had until today to be certified by the ncaa. i'll bet that is what they got. he had to find out todfay or drop classes. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

whatsshakinbacon

BadHog

Quote from: BigDeal on August 23, 2007, 02:44:04 pm
Nutt has this kid in the bag. Don't sweat it folks.

You don't know that - and I seriously doubt it.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

kennedy

riccoar

whatsshakinbacon

coachp

Quote from: Fatty McGee on August 23, 2007, 03:42:12 pm
Sure it is.  It starts and ends with the coach.  You get a coach with the ability to put wins up, or at least who can show progress toward a lot of wins and toward a title, you'll have every one, especially recruits on board.

Norman, Oklahoma is certainly not a nicer place than Austin Texas, yet OU regularly beats out Texas and others for top flight talent.  That's because of Stoops.

No, it is not a nicer place but the pay is better!

coachp

Yes, People in Texas are pissed about Mack's class for 2008.  Four of the top 10 are going to Sooners.

Nutt has it easy.  He wins 10 games once, gets a couple early commitments  and he is a god.  He could not handle the pressure of a Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, or any other school that has expectations.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: coachp on August 23, 2007, 07:23:28 pm

Yes, People in Texas are pissed about Mack's class for 2008.  Four of the top 10 are going to Sooners.

Nutt has it easy.  He wins 10 games once, gets a couple early commitments  and he is a god.  He could not handle the pressure of a Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, or any other school that has expectations.

Stoops, under a cloud of NCAA violations suspicion, pulls 4 of the top 10 players from Texas...

That guy can handle a program well.  Wow...just...wow.

Bacon out...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 03:50:55 pm
Quote from: Fatty McGee on August 23, 2007, 03:42:12 pm
Sure it is.  It starts and ends with the coach.  You get a coach with the ability to put wins up, or at least who can show progress toward a lot of wins and toward a title, you'll have every one, especially recruits on board.

Norman, Oklahoma is certainly not a nicer place than Austin Texas, yet OU regularly beats out Texas and others for top flight talent.  That's because of Stoops.

YEa, because Ou had never been good at Fb before Stoops.

I just do not think it is just going to change with a new coach.  Too many teams have good coaches.  Just take the SEC- Richt, Spurrier, Saban, Meyer. 

OU not good at football before Stoops?.....uh, ok, whatever. Yeah, just take Richt, Spurrier, Saban, Meyer, Miles, Tuberville or Fulmer.....they ALL out-recruit us.
Go Hogs Go!

BigDeal

Quote from: silvertip on August 23, 2007, 04:00:35 pm
Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on August 23, 2007, 03:21:32 pm

Man, you are a riot! You should change your name to Mr. Controversy because you love to stir the pot.

BigDeal gets paid by the post. Doesn't matter if it makes sense---as long as he mentions "Nutt", keeps it positive, or says "move on."

Silvertip, why can't you just move on ? Whether you like it or not, Nutt will be coaching this year so why not just keep it positive and lets hope for another year like we had last year.

Trottsky

I could see Adams taking USC or FLA over UA, but Georgia??

coachp

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 23, 2007, 07:25:24 pm
Quote from: coachp on August 23, 2007, 07:23:28 pm

Stoops, under a cloud of NCAA violations suspicion, pulls 4 of the top 10 players from Texas...

That guy can handle a program well.  Wow...just...wow.

Bacon out...

That is right!  I love Mack Brown but he can not carry Stoops jock strap.  It kills me to say this as a Texas fan but it is true.

One thing though he has not been the same since his brother left for Arizona.

razornole

Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

go hogues

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 03:50:55 pm

I just do not think it is just going to change with a new coach.  Too many teams have good coaches.  Just take the SEC- Richt, Spurrier, Saban, Meyer. 
All of these coaches, with the exception of Spurrier, own Dale both on the field and in recruiting. 
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HOGansHero

If he wants to go to USC go ahead with your bad self...just wondering if that Reggie Bush stuff will ever hit the fan? Probably not. If it was at Arkansas our program would be under a cloud for about 3 to 4 years.   :puke: USC

Buck Ocean

Quote from: razornole on August 23, 2007, 07:58:26 pm
USC-W takes 4 stars from out of state?  WOW

Arkansas takes 2 stars from out of state to win 7 games and loses the bowl game.  USC-W takes 4 stars from out of state to win 10 games and compete for peranial national championship. 
Think like a Jedi

pigmania

If he doesn't come, then the Dorksters will proclaim that they didn't really want him in the first place. Remember he's is a 4 star, Dale prefers 2 stars.

Sow’sEar

[/quote
I would choose Arkansas.

Choctaw Hog

The Hog

Automatic RUN!

jcam61

Quote from: pigmania on August 23, 2007, 09:48:04 pm
If he doesn't come, then the Dorksters will proclaim that they didn't really want him in the first place. Remember he's is a 4 star, Dale prefers 2 stars.

If he does come then the rest of you will proclaim that the Arkansas recruits this year aren't SEC caliber anyway.