Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC message board says " Another Arkansan going to be a trojan!"

Started by jaredkr, August 23, 2007, 02:25:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatty McGee

If you had to choose between USC and Arkansas, why wouldn't you choose USC?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

jaredkr

I am Ray Finkel

grayhawg

John Futrall

This was confirmed on 103.7 this morning (The Hooten's rep)...

rare71

Class of 2002.....better late than never!!!

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

RocknRollRazorback

"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

Peppa Pig

Quote from: mikeyg31 on August 23, 2007, 02:31:03 pm

This is far from confirmed.  The poster on that board was just speculating and the radio report is very sketchy.  It's between Georgia, USC, and Ark.

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on August 23, 2007, 02:26:37 pm

How much time have you got?

John Futrall

Quote from: poohpig on August 23, 2007, 02:39:22 pm

This is far from confirmed.  The poster on that board was just speculating and the radio report is very sketchy.  It's between Georgia, USC, and Ark.

Thanks for the clarification....It sounded to me, this afternoon, more "for sure" than that.....

BigDeal

bearcathog

Read the USC quotes from the last scrimmage:

"Mitch Mustain finally arrives and throws a 12-yard pass to Garrett Green on his first attempt. Under pressure, he is nearly intercepted by Kevin Ellison on his second pass. Time to punt."

"Mustain goes deep but it's underthrown for Carswell. Punt time."

Passing Stats for the Scrimmage
John David Booty 8-11 98 yards 1 TD
Mike McDonald 8-20 68 yards 1 TD
Mitch Mustain 1-3 12 yards
Aaron Corp 4-5 42 yards 1 TD

Sanchez has a broken thumb.

"Broderick Green is not playing, presumably because he was not cleared by the NCAA on Wednesday."

"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

Peppa Pig

Quote from: BigDeal on August 23, 2007, 02:44:04 pm
Nutt has this kid in the bag. Don't sweat it folks.

My guess is that it's going to be Georgia but he's announcing tomorrow night on Fox 16 and until then, we're all just guessing.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Oliver

Quote from: bearcathog on August 23, 2007, 02:48:21 pm

"Mitch Mustain finally arrives and throws a 12-yard pass to Garrett Green on his first attempt. Under pressure, he is nearly intercepted by Kevin Ellison on his second pass. Time to punt."

"Broderick Green is not playing, presumably because he was not cleared by the NCAA on Wednesday."

I'd still rather have him as an option at QB since our starter probably is going to lose his job to Nathan Dick before the end of the year.

hawg_racer

Quote from: bearcathog on August 23, 2007, 02:48:21 pm

What is the deal with Green?

Landonhog

Didn't Rivals move J. Wright to the #1 slot for the State, after the last recruiting update?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on August 23, 2007, 02:39:33 pm

How much time have you got?

For a response that doesn't exist?  All the time in the world.

Hogway

Curtis is #1 I believe.  He also cracked the Rivals Top 100.

hawg_racer

Curtis is #1 in the State

De'Anthony Curtis   
Joe Adams   
Matt Hall   
Jarius Wright   
Cruz Williams   
Lavunce Askew   
Greg Childs   
Tyler Wilson   
Jim Youngblood   
Jake Byrne   

http://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/default.asp?lin=1

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

wooly

Has Arkansas ever sent anyone to USC before this?  Hell, even the Pac-10? The WAC?

H&D

\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Hawg_Heaven

Man, you are a riot! You should change your name to Mr. Controversy because you love to stir the pot.

silvertip

Quote from: poohpig on August 23, 2007, 02:39:22 pm

It's between UGA, USC, and FLORIDA.

He's gonna announce tomorrow or Monday, according to someone who has a premium site somewhere.

hogsanity

Back to the question, how does that get changed, and it aint just the coach.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Fatty McGee

Sure it is.  It starts and ends with the coach.  You get a coach with the ability to put wins up, or at least who can show progress toward a lot of wins and toward a title, you'll have every one, especially recruits on board.

Norman, Oklahoma is certainly not a nicer place than Austin Texas, yet OU regularly beats out Texas and others for top flight talent.  That's because of Stoops.

silvertip

Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 03:11:03 pm

De'Anthony Curtis   
Joe Adams   
Matt Hall   
Jarius Wright   
Cruz Williams   
Lavunce Askew   
Greg Childs   
Tyler Wilson   
Jim Youngblood   
Jake Byrne   

Yeah, but if you click on the link at the bottom of that list, you get the "complete list" of Arkie prospects, which lists Joe Adams #1.

Rivals has listed Adams as the #1 prospect for months, and you can find that several places on the Rivals site.

hogsanity

Quote from: donewithdale on August 23, 2007, 03:44:07 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 03:36:55 pm

You can't convince anyone with common sense that if we had a balanced modern offense where receivers and qb's were given an opportunity to succeed that we wouldn't have certain high profile qb's and wr's from the state that have left still on campus or on campus as of this month.

Suppose we ran the exact smae offense as USC, which school would you pick.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Tusks

Quote from: donewithdale on August 23, 2007, 03:40:09 pm
LOL - I guess he didn't want to be a part of our Top 15/best class ever.  You would have thought a chance to be a part of a retread, audio/visual great David Lee's offense would have been enough for the Pigs.

What lies will be spewed by the homers to explain this?

Didn't need him...too deep at WR now....need the scholly for a DL or OL....game won in the trenches.

It tough.....tough to give every kid that wants to be a hog a scholly.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawg_racer

Quote from: silvertip on August 23, 2007, 03:42:57 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 03:11:03 pm

De'Anthony Curtis   
Joe Adams   
Matt Hall   
Jarius Wright   
Cruz Williams   
Lavunce Askew   
Greg Childs   
Tyler Wilson   
Jim Youngblood   
Jake Byrne   

Yeah, but if you click on the link at the bottom of that list, you get the "complete list" of Arkie prospects, which lists Joe Adams #1.

Rivals has listed Adams as the #1 prospect for months, and you can find that several places on the Rivals site.

That was updated 6-17-2007, the front page was updated since then.

Tusks

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 03:45:10 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on August 23, 2007, 03:44:07 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 03:36:55 pm

You can't convince anyone with common sense that if we had a balanced modern offense where receivers and qb's were given an opportunity to succeed that we wouldn't have certain high profile qb's and wr's from the state that have left still on campus or on campus as of this month.

Suppose we ran the exact smae offense as USC, which school would you pick.

Depends on who's coaching....is it one of the 3 coaches before PC that coached USC to mediocrity or is PC?

hogsanity

Quote from: Fatty McGee on August 23, 2007, 03:42:12 pm
Sure it is.  It starts and ends with the coach.  You get a coach with the ability to put wins up, or at least who can show progress toward a lot of wins and toward a title, you'll have every one, especially recruits on board.

Norman, Oklahoma is certainly not a nicer place than Austin Texas, yet OU regularly beats out Texas and others for top flight talent.  That's because of Stoops.

YEa, because Ou had never been good at Fb before Stoops.

I just do not think it is just going to change with a new coach.  Too many teams have good coaches.  Just take the SEC- Richt, Spurrier, Saban, Meyer. 

Tusks

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 03:50:55 pm
Quote from: Fatty McGee on August 23, 2007, 03:42:12 pm

YEa, because Ou had never been good at Fb before Stoops.

I just do not think it is just going to change with a new coach.  Too many teams have good coaches.  Just take the SEC- Richt, Spurrier, Saban, Meyer. 

But OU wasn't good after Barry and before Stoops.  3 bad coaches or I should say 3 bad coaching experiences in between the BS and Stoops.

silvertip

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on August 23, 2007, 03:21:32 pm

Man, you are a riot! You should change your name to Mr. Controversy because you love to stir the pot.

BigDeal gets paid by the post. Doesn't matter if it makes sense---as long as he mentions "Nutt", keeps it positive, or says "move on."

Porkahontas

And in this little game, we're going to play along, follow the link, and figure out who the hell knew what they were talking about.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=144832.msg2276358#msg2276358

This is one of those instances where you write down who knows what the hell they're talking about and who's blowing smoke out of their butts.

Carry freaking on.

hogsanity

I wonder, are there threads on LSu, or TX or Ga boards talking about all the players that leave their states? 

hawg_racer

Quote from: RoyalHog on August 23, 2007, 04:04:25 pm
And in this little game, we're going to play along, follow the link, and figure out who the hell knew what they were talking about.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=144832.msg2276358#msg2276358

This is one of those instances where you write down who knows what the hell they're talking about and who's blowing smoke out of their butts.

Carry freaking on.

Sounds good!

http://arkhssports.net/index.php/topic,346.msg53492.html#new

HighOnHogs

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 23, 2007, 02:38:19 pmOle Pete Carroll who used to be a UA grad assistant is coming home to raid the cubbard again. All while Nutt texts braging how great he is and Mrs Nutt emails bad things about other people.

Pete knows there is a whole lot of talent in Arkansas and how to recruit and coach it when it comes.  Houston Knows there is a whole lot of talent in Arkansas and how to .................chase it away...........then make up excuses for why he couldn't get them or keep them.  Houston is the excuse king of the world.  The University loves his excuses too.

Tusks

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 04:06:12 pm
I wonder, are there threads on LSu, or TX or Ga boards talking about all the players that leave their states? 

Sometimes.

311Hog

if the players leaving were the best players in the state, and their programs were mired in a decade long circle jerk of mediocrity. Then yeah i would think the answer would be yes they are or would be talking about it.

Porkahontas

When a state has 200 or so players that are considered 3-star or above, probably not.

When a state gets 90% of their top players year after year, probably occasionally.

When you watch your state university hemmorage players to top programs for the simple fact that our coaching staff is composed of a few chimps with enormous egos, then you're going to see a lot more of it.

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on August 23, 2007, 04:09:01 pm

if the players leaving were the best players in the state, and their programs were mired in a decade long circle jerk of mediocrity. Then yeah i would think the answer would be yes they are or would be talking about it.

The only sschool in the sec, and proabably the country, that acts like our fans when a recruit leaves the state is the UA, no one else even comes close.  I ahve said it before, and I will say it again, HOG FANS BETTER BE GLAD THAT KIDS LEAVE THEIR HOMESTATES, BECAUSE WE WOULD NOT HAVE A TEAM WITHOUT OUT OF STATE PLAYERS!

Razorhog2006q

Yes. Go over to TigerDroppings and mention Joe McKnight.

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 04:11:45 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 23, 2007, 04:09:01 pm

The only sschool in the sec, and proabably the country, that acts like our fans when a recruit leaves the state is the UA, no one else even comes close.  I ahve said it before, and I will say it again, HOG FANS BETTER BE GLAD THAT KIDS LEAVE THEIR HOMESTATES, BECAUSE WE WOULD NOT HAVE A TEAM WITHOUT OUT OF STATE PLAYERS!

sorry but Razorback football is built on home grown instate talent.

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorhog2006q on August 23, 2007, 04:12:52 pm

Yes. Go over to TigerDroppings and mention Joe McKnight.

What?  Other schools have had high profile recruits leave their home state?  I thought that only happened here.

As an aside, I read the SI article on McKnight, and his upbringing, I would have wanted to get as far away from that as i could too.

Porkahontas

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2007, 04:11:45 pm

Wrong.

I lurk a lot on a couple of Mizzou boards. Those folks get irate when a top kid in the state goes elsewhere.

Nebraska fully expects to get the top kids in the state.

Fulmer had a lynch mob after him when WR Patrick Turner chose Southern Cal over Tennessee.

I know Colorado fans were pissed when a top OL recruit chose the Longhorns over Colorado about 5 or 6 years ago. I know this because I actually followed recruiting a little too closely back then.

It happens all over the place. And considering how many in-state kids have received division I offers the past few years, we'd have a team and a pretty damn good team at that if we raked in all in-state kids. I will admit that a few of the out of state kids we ended up with were probably better than some of the in-state kids we would've gotten, but all teams have guys who are on the bottom end of the 85 man roster.