Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If the Hogs go 4-4 or worse in the SEC this season...

Started by HognotinMemphis, August 23, 2007, 08:00:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DaForsaken

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 23, 2007, 01:38:37 pm
Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on August 23, 2007, 01:29:36 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on August 23, 2007, 01:20:03 pm
This is what we know to be a fact:

HdN IS a head case.  He is insecure and arrogant.  He has never taken blame for anything going wrong, and takes the credit when ever he can for anything going right. 

We do know of his mistreatment of players in the past.  I do know the people close to the situation that said this is what happened again.  I know, it isn't first hand knowledge, but it is closer than what you are saying.

Gus did have Norman go with him to Tulsa.  I thought that was already addressed.  Also the fact that the other players went to a larger school.

It is true, they are still gone.  They aren't coming back.  However, the one that cost us 2-3 games a year is still here.  The one that barely paid attention to Kodi is still here.  The one that takes all the credit is still here.  The one that has split the fan base is still here.  The one that has a posse is still here.

I could go on and on.  Did I address enough for you?

Actually, everything that is in bold would be considered an opinion on standardized testing.

Take all those "facts" out and it doesn't leave much.

Show me once when he did take the blame.

Chief Mac

Quote from: swinearefine on August 23, 2007, 08:54:34 am
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on August 23, 2007, 08:00:33 am
I will directly place 100% of the blame on Houston Nutt for the following reasons:

1. Running off Malzahn by hiring a co-OC (Lee) without telling him and after Malzahn was named national OC of the year;
2. Running off Gatorade Player of the Year Mitch Mustain, particularly when the Hogs have no good QB returning and only 1 scholarship QB returning this year;
3. Hiring David Lee for the 3rd time, especially given that Lee has never proved very successful in any of his previous coaching endeavors;
4. Not firing Shibest, and worse, leaving him in charge of special teams after a multi-year debacle on special teams under Shibest's watch;
5. Running off our 2nd best WR, freshman Damian Williams, who is an intelligent and quality human being. Not the quality of person you want to run off your team;
6. Letting the top 2 seniors within the state last year sign with Auburn, a competitor in our own conference.

I'm sure there are more valid reasons but the above come to mind in the first 60 seconds of considering the issue.

And if he doesn't and is very successful who will you give the credit?

McFadden
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

hawg_racer

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on August 23, 2007, 01:41:43 pm
I will directly place 100% of the blame on Houston Nutt for the following reasons:

1. Running off Malzahn by hiring a co-OC (Lee) without telling him and after Malzahn was named national OC of the year;
2. Running off Gatorade Player of the Year Mitch Mustain, particularly when the Hogs have no good QB returning and only 1 scholarship QB returning this year;
3. Hiring David Lee for the 3rd time, especially given that Lee has never proved very successful in any of his previous coaching endeavors;
4. Not firing Shibest, and worse, leaving him in charge of special teams after a multi-year debacle on special teams under Shibest's watch;
5. Running off our 2nd best WR, freshman Damian Williams, who is an intelligent and quality human being. Not the quality of person you want to run off your team;
6. Letting the top 2 seniors within the state last year sign with Auburn, a competitor in our own conference.

I'm sure there are more valid reasons but the above come to mind in the first 60 seconds of considering the issue.

McFadden

One man can not do everything. Even with McFadden, you have to have good blocking from the line. It is a TEAM effort.

DaForsaken

Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 01:43:27 pm

McFadden

One man can not do everything. Even with McFadden, you have to have good blocking from the line. It is a TEAM effort.

Yet you gave all the credit to McFadden and Felix for the 8 wins?  Mitch didn't have anything to do with that.

hawg_racer

Quote from: DaForsaken on August 23, 2007, 01:45:01 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 01:43:27 pm

McFadden

Yet you gave all the credit to McFadden and Felix for the 8 wins?  Mitch didn't have anything to do with that.

I give credit to McFadden, Jones, the Defense, the Offensive Line, a kicker with a bad day, and a  gust of wind. Heck, even to Mustain for finding Cleveland in the end zone in OT, but not to one person, when it is the whole team.

Chief Mac

Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 12:44:58 pm
Quote from: go hogues on August 23, 2007, 12:43:27 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 12:33:15 pm
Answer me this, why is it that NONE of the kids who transfered, went to Tulsa with Gus? That is a serious question I have. I mean, according to many people, and news agencies, they tried going to Tulsa, but they ended up going to other places. Why is that?
Because they got better offers at other places.

Why was MM turned down by Oklahoma and Louisville?

How many Pro QBs does Pete Carroll turn out?  I think Mitch did WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better for his NFL prospects by going to USC than either of those two schools or Arkansas.

Nice try
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on August 23, 2007, 12:25:40 pm
To be a coach in the SEC for more than 5-7 years you must do just enough to keep your job. If you don't do enough, you'll be fired. If you do too much, you'll leave the program for the NFL or a higher profile job. This is a fact that no one can dispute.

Yes you can when you worship your AD and have the BOT lead by Jim Lindsey Worship him too.   Nutt is still here because he is FRANKS YES MAN!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: DaForsaken on August 23, 2007, 01:39:17 pm
Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on August 23, 2007, 01:29:36 pm

HdN IS a head case.  He is insecure and arrogant.  He has never taken blame for anything going wrong, and takes the credit when ever he can for anything going right. 

We do know of his mistreatment of players in the past.  I do know the people close to the situation that said this is what happened again.  I know, it isn't first hand knowledge, but it is closer than what you are saying.

Gus did have Norman go with him to Tulsa.  I thought that was already addressed.  Also the fact that the other players went to a larger school.

It is true, they are still gone.  They aren't coming back.  However, the one that cost us 2-3 games a year is still here.  The one that barely paid attention to Kodi is still here.  The one that takes all the credit is still here.  The one that has split the fan base is still here.  The one that has a posse is still here.

Actually, everything that is in bold would be considered an opinion on standardized testing.

Actually, I think it is a fact that he barely paid attention to Kodi Burns.  That is what his dad said anyway.  Could it be also a fact that he does have a posse?  I'm thinking fact.

I graduated with a degree in journalism, so in the ethics classes we learned what is and what is not considered opinion pretty thoroughly. 

Barely paid attention to- what barely being attended to by some is having way too much attention by others.  It's a totally subjective set of criteria, thus making it an opinion.  Even if you say, "they didn't show me enough attention."  That's still just your opinion.  If you said, "They called me once a month," that's a fact that could support the previously stated opinion, but wouldn't change it from being an opinion.

The posse statement is an opinion because of the connotation that comes with posse.  Connotation is the associated meaning with a word, and in this case, the connotation is negative, not neutral.  If the statement had said, "And Houston Nutt has "X-amount" of coaches he had on his original Arkansas staff," or "X, Y, and Z coaches have been with Houston Nutt since his first year at the University of Arkansas," those are statements that can be absolutely validated as fact.

Does that help?

DeltaBoy

I'll never forgive Frank White for forcing that dang Committe on Frank when He had Tommy Tubberville lined up to come here!

FIRE NUTT TODAY!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bvilleboar

7-1 in the SEC is the worst I will accept.  Less than that and he has got to go!  Too much NFL talent on this team not to win this year.
2012 the year of the HOGS

Chief Mac

Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 01:27:05 pm
Quote from: drakehog on August 23, 2007, 01:24:31 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 12:28:29 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on August 23, 2007, 12:26:34 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 12:14:07 pm

Dicks passing stats and ratings were better than Mitch's, in lesser games, vs tougher teams.

Well hell, coach for life did good running the kid off!  Check me here spanky but at the time we played, wasn't Auburn ranked number 2?   

Auburn was over rated last season, and everyone knows it.

It might be time to recognize Tommy Tuberville for getting his talent to over achieve, at least last year's team did (and yes, they weren't up for overachieving against Arkansas, not with Florida coming up the next week). Overrate? Perhaps when they sat No. 2 in the country with a hurt quarterback, average running back and average receivers, and a new defensive coordinator who wasn't quite on the same page with the boss, himself a good defensive coordinator. But they did beat Florida at home and LSU at home (and lost to Arkansas at home and Georgia at home). They also beat Nebraska in the Cotton Bowl when UT and Arkansas were stumbling around losing to plodding Big 10 teams who weren't named Michigan or Ohio State.
Auburn had a schedule that certainly benefited them last year, and it won't this year. Also, you have to figure that that cloud of 2003 when the powers that be were trying to run Tuberville off had to hurt recruiting in the meantime, and that has cut into the talent level the past couple of seasons, dropping them from where Tub has built them up to by 2004.
You know, Tuberville is able to build his program mostly by recruiting from outside Alabama, which would seem more his base. Most of those Alabama guys go with the Tide. Tub still manages to build a solid program with a base that isn't as natural as some of the other SEC programs.

I'm glad you pointed that out, I feel we are facing the same thing right now. People other than the coach hurting recruiting because they want him gone.

but I thought we were doing sooooooooooooooo great in recruiting this year

BILLYBOB

Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 23, 2007, 01:11:57 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on August 23, 2007, 01:01:51 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 12:58:36 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on August 23, 2007, 12:55:37 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 12:50:11 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on August 23, 2007, 12:47:35 pm
Answer me this, why is it that NONE of the kids who transfered, went to Tulsa with Gus? That is a serious question I have. I mean, according to many people, and news agencies, they tried going to Tulsa, but they ended up going to other places. Why is that?

Maybe they believed the emails from DN and TP?  Wonder why Pete took him?  Afterall, that drive according to you guys, was against their scrubs.

The drive was against the scrubs. They had the game won and didnt care, MM led th TD drive, then look what happened, the USC defense bucked up and picked him off on the next drive, that is how long it took them to figure him out.

Also, ever heard of coaches brining a kid in just to keep other teams from getting them? Bear Bryant was famous for doing that.
If Mitch sucked, why would Pete care where he went?  And it's been pointed out numerous times on this board, the drive wasn't against scrubs.  How is it you are so offended by a kid quitting the team before the season was over yet can ignore the fact that Nutt lied to Gus and the Springdale recruits to save his job, then tosses them under the Bus when the first opportunity presented itself?

Gus sold out to get them boys just like Houston did. The drive was against scrubs. There were guys on the field who were not even listed on the depth chart, seen it on Tivo, looked it up with other posters of this board.

Like I said, coaches will sign kids just to keep others from getting them, the greatest coach ever did it all of the time.

How many schollies were available to Bear back then?  Do you know that?

Pete Carrol has said that he would not take any player that he didn't believe would be an NFL player someday.

Amazing.  You truly amaze me.

This is a stupid argument.  Pete C. took MM because he obviously thinks he has the tools to be a great college q-back.  The thing we don't know, and neither does Pete, is if MM is a head case.  We don't know what happened on The Hill becasue the people involved aren't talking.  For all we know, Mitch was a spoiled crybaby and Gus was a prima donna.  Or, on the other hand, maybe Nutt was an ego driven maniac who couldn't stand the spotlight falling on others.  The truth is probably somewhere in between.  The FACT is, you do not know what happened...neither do I.

But just like politicians, you're going to spin the facts to favor your agenda. 

Here are some indisputable facts:  Houston Nutt is the coach, he had a ten win season last year and was SEC coach of the year.  We have the best backfield in the nation, and fan interest is very high.  We're in good shape.  The past is the past.  It's time to either get onboard with the coach and the players or go support another program.

No Ugly Uncle, those are your opinions...they are not facts.  Most people learn the difference when they're 10 or 11 years old. 
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

hawg_racer

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on August 23, 2007, 02:01:08 pm

Dicks passing stats and ratings were better than Mitch's, in lesser games, vs tougher teams.

Well hell, coach for life did good running the kid off!  Check me here spanky but at the time we played, wasn't Auburn ranked number 2?   

It might be time to recognize Tommy Tuberville for getting his talent to over achieve, at least last year's team did (and yes, they weren't up for overachieving against Arkansas, not with Florida coming up the next week). Overrate? Perhaps when they sat No. 2 in the country with a hurt quarterback, average running back and average receivers, and a new defensive coordinator who wasn't quite on the same page with the boss, himself a good defensive coordinator. But they did beat Florida at home and LSU at home (and lost to Arkansas at home and Georgia at home). They also beat Nebraska in the Cotton Bowl when UT and Arkansas were stumbling around losing to plodding Big 10 teams who weren't named Michigan or Ohio State.
Auburn had a schedule that certainly benefited them last year, and it won't this year. Also, you have to figure that that cloud of 2003 when the powers that be were trying to run Tuberville off had to hurt recruiting in the meantime, and that has cut into the talent level the past couple of seasons, dropping them from where Tub has built them up to by 2004.
You know, Tuberville is able to build his program mostly by recruiting from outside Alabama, which would seem more his base. Most of those Alabama guys go with the Tide. Tub still manages to build a solid program with a base that isn't as natural as some of the other SEC programs.

I'm glad you pointed that out, I feel we are facing the same thing right now. People other than the coach hurting recruiting because they want him gone.

Given the circumstances we are doing well in recruiting this year. When the Warren receivers get here along with Youngblood from Camden Fairview, things are really going to look up for the Hogs on offense.

Ugly Uncle

Good point Billy.  I did throw opinions in there with the facts. 

But let me ask you this about your 10-11 thing...

Here are some indisputable facts:  Houston Nutt is the coach, he had a ten win season last year and was SEC coach of the year.  We have the best backfield in the nation, and fan interest is very high.  We're in good shape.  The past is the past.  It's time to either get onboard with the coach and the players or go support another program.
[/u]

Could you tell me what 10 or 11 yr. old said the above?

Seems like someone else has a problem with telling the difference between facts and opinion. (see underlined)

Man, I wish I could remember who posted that quote.
Retired Radio Host

Hogginitall

Quote from: uglyuncle on August 23, 2007, 02:10:43 pm

[/u]

Seems like someone else has a problem with telling the difference between facts and opinion. (see underlined)

Well, if you want to get technical about it, everything he said after the : and before the first . where facts.  Using . at the end of a string of words means that sentence is over.  Therefore, everything he said after the first .  had nothing to do with with what became before the :

bearcathog

Hey Ugly,

Norman did not go with Gus to Tulsa, he just followed 7 months later.

"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: bearcathog on August 23, 2007, 02:23:42 pm
Hey Ugly,

Norman did not go with Gus to Tulsa, he just followed 7 months later.

True.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 23, 2007, 02:21:53 pm

[/u]

Well, if you want to get technical about it, everything he said after the : and before the first . where facts.  Using . at the end of a string of words means that sentence is over.  Therefore, everything he said after the first .  had nothing to do with with what became before the :

Thank you for the clarification.  It didn't read that way to me, but I am just on an 10-11 year old level.
Retired Radio Host

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: DaForsaken on August 23, 2007, 12:08:04 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 12:00:41 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on August 23, 2007, 11:35:23 am
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 10:43:08 am

Damian QUIT on his team before the SECCG, not to mention, how was he the 2nd best when he was dropping balls that hit him in the hands?

Who was that masked man wearing DW's uni against UF?

Eh, I slipped on that one, nice catch, still, the point is that he QUIT.

1.  You were wrong when he "quit" (I know you just missed it)
2.  He didn't just quit.
3.  Coaches considered him the second best since he played opposite Monk.
4.  He also had the second most catches on the team.

0-4

You look like Dick's passing stats.

DW DID just QUIT. He did so because he left BEFORE the season was over, that is quitting.

Andrews quit the team too a couple of years ago. He's now in the NFL and was a 1st round draft pick.

Dick's passing stats should be better..he's a year older than Mustain and had 4 or 5 games under his belt from the prior season. Unfortunately, they weren't measurably better. They were better only if you are splitting hairs. And Mustain was the QB in the upset of then #2 Auburn AT Auburn. At least he did not fold under the pressure like Dick did vs. LSU and Fla.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BILLYBOB

[/u]

You obviously don't know much about grammer..which isn't surprising given the intelligence (or lack there of) of your arguments so far. The sentence immediately following my semicolon says "Houston Nutt is the coach, he had a ten win season last year and was SEC coach of the year."  Which of those 3 would you care to argue is not a fact?  Notice that there is then a period, a new sentence starts and now I state my opinion based on the FACTS. 
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

HognotinMemphis

So was Wisconsin. But Hogs still found a way to lose that game despite the Hog defense holding Wisc to -10 yds rushing in the 2nd half. Great offense by the Hogs that game. Brilliant kicking game by Shibest.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Emmet Ray on August 23, 2007, 12:58:13 pm

Unbelievable.

Racer, your link is from August 15.  Norman has since moved on to Tulsa.

Good grief, try to keep up.

Par for the Nutt Huggers. Either going off old info or just plain stupid.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Karma on August 23, 2007, 01:12:05 pm

If the Hogs go 13-1 and lose the NC game you will lay the blame on Nutt for that one loss. If the Hogs go 14-0 you will lay 100% of the blame on Houston Nutt for the fact that we lost 4 games last year, your job isn't going as well as you'd like, and that you have to take a blue pill a few hours before you want to have a "special evening" with your lady friend.

Why do crazies like you constantly say things like, "if Nutt won an NC..." or, "if Nutt wins the SECCG and goes to a BCS bowl..."? Have you not figured out that after 9 years of Nutt and his MSM, nothing like that will ever happen? If it had a chance of happening, Nutt wouldn't be in the predicament he's in now.

If Nutt took his team to a 13-1 record at Arkansas ever, I'd say sign him up for life. But that is never going to happen with Nutt because he isn't capable of accomplishing it. He cannot manage a program effectively, he cannot keep the best players in state most years and he spends too much time texting women who have nothing to do with football.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 23, 2007, 01:11:57 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on August 23, 2007, 01:01:51 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 12:58:36 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on August 23, 2007, 12:55:37 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 12:50:11 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on August 23, 2007, 12:47:35 pm

Maybe they believed the emails from DN and TP?  Wonder why Pete took him?  Afterall, that drive according to you guys, was against their scrubs.

The drive was against the scrubs. They had the game won and didnt care, MM led th TD drive, then look what happened, the USC defense bucked up and picked him off on the next drive, that is how long it took them to figure him out.

Also, ever heard of coaches brining a kid in just to keep other teams from getting them? Bear Bryant was famous for doing that.
If Mitch sucked, why would Pete care where he went?  And it's been pointed out numerous times on this board, the drive wasn't against scrubs.  How is it you are so offended by a kid quitting the team before the season was over yet can ignore the fact that Nutt lied to Gus and the Springdale recruits to save his job, then tosses them under the Bus when the first opportunity presented itself?

Gus sold out to get them boys just like Houston did. The drive was against scrubs. There were guys on the field who were not even listed on the depth chart, seen it on Tivo, looked it up with other posters of this board.

Like I said, coaches will sign kids just to keep others from getting them, the greatest coach ever did it all of the time.

How many schollies were available to Bear back then?  Do you know that?

Pete Carrol has said that he would not take any player that he didn't believe would be an NFL player someday.

Amazing.  You truly amaze me.

This is a stupid argument.  Pete C. took MM because he obviously thinks he has the tools to be a great college q-back.  The thing we don't know, and neither does Pete, is if MM is a head case.  We don't know what happened on The Hill becasue the people involved aren't talking.  For all we know, Mitch was a spoiled crybaby and Gus was a prima donna.  Or, on the other hand, maybe Nutt was an ego driven maniac who couldn't stand the spotlight falling on others.  The truth is probably somewhere in between.  The FACT is, you do not know what happened...neither do I.

But just like politicians, you're going to spin the facts to favor your agenda. 

That was a called post, brotha and I called it. I called that post, brotha. Hawhawhawhawhawhaw!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on August 23, 2007, 01:29:35 pm
Regardless, I feel coach is gone after this season for 2 reasons:

1) Wins enough games to attract a school to offer him job, how much can a man and family take

2) Loses enough games and new AD wants fresh everything

Either can or will happen

I'm good with either one...just leave, Houston.

SultanofSwine

Mark, you certainly have an inate ability to stir up the huggybones. ;D

You are absolutely correct that if Nutt was ever going to win an SECCG or NC it would have happened in 98 or last year. He has never had better opps than that andmanaged to fall flat on his face both times with ill-prepared teams at inopportune times. For those marbles that think Tubby's AU teams have been overrated I suggest you compare his record at AU with HDN's over the same time period.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SultanofSwine on August 23, 2007, 02:58:51 pm
Mark, you certainly have an inate ability to stir up the huggybones. ;D

You are absolutely correct that if Nutt was ever going to win an SECCG or NC it would have happened in 98 or last year. He has never had better opps than that andmanaged to fall flat on his face both times with ill-prepared teams at inopportune times. For those marbles that think Tubby's AU teams have been overrated I suggest you compare his record at AU with HDN's over the same time period.

I seem to recall a Tuberville-coached Auburn team going undefeated a few years ago and getting the shaft when the BCS bullshat took a crappy OU team over Auburn in the BCSCG. Nutt will never take the Hogs to an undefeated season even when he has the whole state to himself and Tuberville is battling Alabama and Ga and Fla and Fla St.for players.

Even when Nutt gets a good start, he manages to completely Frank it up. See 2003 for prime example. Starts out 4-0 with wins over Bama and Texas on the road then comes home and loses two SEC games in a row at RRS and follows that by a team sleepwalk loss at Ole Miss which left the Hogs at 4-3. What a joke of a year that was.

hogtusk

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on August 23, 2007, 12:25:40 pm
To be a coach in the SEC for more than 5-7 years you must do just enough to keep your job. If you don't do enough, you'll be fired. If you do too much, you'll leave the program for the NFL or a higher profile job. This is a fact that no one can dispute.
Somebody should have told the "Bear".
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Since 1894

Boy, I was sweating that one out.  I thought you were going soft and not blaming Nutt for everything.  I hear it is his fault that it hasn't rained in NWA very much since June.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Since 1894 on August 23, 2007, 03:17:31 pm

Boy, I was sweating that one out.  I thought you were going soft and not blaming Nutt for everything.  I hear it is his fault that it hasn't rained in NWA very much since June.

Yeah, that is a fact!
Retired Radio Host

Cartoon Man

For all you haters of MM, the kid still was undefeated as a QB.  Say what you want to huggers, but the kid is a winner. As for Auburn being over rated, we shall see this year. After what Dick did in the LSU game, well we shall see. I believe this season will be disasterous in more than one way, and then some of you huggers will be wanting Nutts head.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 01:05:20 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on August 23, 2007, 01:02:36 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 01:00:31 pm

Unbelievable. Racer, your link is from August 15.  Norman has since moved on to Tulsa. Good grief, try to keep up.

So he left KU for TU? Why is Kansas saying he enrolled at Kansas then? BTW, the 21st was my BDay, and I had better things to do than follow some kid who will ride the pine for most of his college career.

So, you are admitting that you don't know what you are talking about?

No, I am saying I was not aware he went to Tulsa. I rarely visit this board, and I have not seen the news on any other board that I visit, as far as I've seen on a few others, they are still talking about him going to Kansas.

Well, that's a plus.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Since 1894 on August 23, 2007, 03:17:31 pm

You are good at embellishing hyperbole. Not a good trait if you ever want any credibility.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: minister on August 23, 2007, 03:30:23 pm
For all you haters of MM, the kid still was undefeated as a QB.  Say what you want to huggers, but the kid is a winner.

He's a quitter.

DaForsaken

Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 23, 2007, 08:06:05 pm
For all you haters of MM, the kid still was undefeated as a QB.  Say what you want to huggers, but the kid is a winner.

He's a quitter.

Ever left anything you were doing for a better situation?

Ugly Uncle

He's a quitter.

Just because a kid left doesn't make him a quitter.  Even if he did "quit" according to your definition, doing that once does not make someone a quitter.
Retired Radio Host

HognotinMemphis

He's a quitter.

So is Nutt...he quit rather than compete against Ron Calcagni and ran off to an inferior program...Okla St. At least Mustain was able to run off to a program that has won 2 NC's in the last 5 years. Mustain has twice the IQ that Nutt has.

DaForsaken

Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 01:14:53 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on August 23, 2007, 01:13:06 pm
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 01:05:47 pm
Quote from: Emmet Ray on August 23, 2007, 01:04:45 pm

Unbelievable.

So he left KU for TU? Why is Kansas saying he enrolled at Kansas then? BTW, the 21st was my BDay, and I had better things to do than follow some kid who will ride the pine for most of his college career.
Yes, Norman left Kansas for Tulsa.  How hard is that for you to understand?  If you would quit reading news that's a week old, maybe you would know what's going on today.

Sounds like a very unstable young man who does not know what he wants.

Yeah, I guess he just has a quick trigger when it comes to where he wants to go to college.

You are backing an inept coach, and attacking a kid to do so?  Talk about being unstable.

Where did I ever say I back Houston? I'm just no blinded by hate that I dont see GM's history.

And a kid who commits to a school, leaves, commits to another, and a week later leaves for another school, that is instablity if Ive ever seen it.

How about a guy that quits and leaves in the middle of the night.  Then a few years later is hired at a position, but never shows up for the job?

After graduation Nutt became a graduate assistant for Oklahoma State under head coach Jimmy Johnson. In 1983 Nutt returned to Arkansas and became an assistant coach under his former coach Lou Holtz. In the spring of 1984 Nutt was hired by Arkansas State University as a full-time assistant coach but chose to return to Oklahoma State that summer as a receiver's coach before ever reporting for the Arkansas State job.

Would you call that unstable?

Feralhog

August 23, 2007, 10:47:21 pm #138 Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:04:49 pm by Feralhog

Unbelievable.

Yes, Norman left Kansas for Tulsa.  How hard is that for you to understand?  If you would quit reading news that's a week old, maybe you would know what's going on today.

Yeah, I guess he just has a quick trigger when it comes to where he wants to go to college.

You are backing an inept coach, and attacking a kid to do so?  Talk about being unstable.

Where did I ever say I back Houston? I'm just no blinded by hate that I dont see GM's history.

And a kid who commits to a school, leaves, commits to another, and a week later leaves for another school, that is instablity if Ive ever seen it.
Of course Gus did everything he could to get them to sign.  That's part of the job description.  I don't think Gus kicked the players he signed to the curb.  It's a question of motive.  The PTB lied to Gus, who in turn, convinced the players to sign based upon promises given by JFB and Lindsey.  After back to back losing seasons, Nutt had his pants all down by his knees beggin Frank to not stick it in too far.  HDN went along with the program simply to save his ass.   HUGE DIFFERENCE!
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

BILLYBOB

Quote from: Feralhog on August 23, 2007, 10:47:21 pm

Unbelievable.

Of course Gus did everything he could to get them to sign.  That's part of the job description.  I don't think Gus kicked the players he signed to the curb.  It's a question of motive.  The PTB lied to Gus, who in turn, convinced the players to sign based upon promises given by JFB and Lindsey.  After back to back losing seasons, Nutt had his pants all down by his knees beggin Frank to not stick it in too far.  HDN went along with the program simply to save his ass.   HUGE DIFFERENCE!

You don't know the PTB lied to Gus.  You don't know it (and neither do I) because Gus has never come out and said so.  In fact, no one connected with the situation has said Gus was lied to...all I heard Gus say was "thanks" to HDN from the opportunity to break into college football.

Feralhog

August 24, 2007, 09:30:44 am #140 Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 09:48:29 am by Feralhog
Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 24, 2007, 09:03:31 am

Unbelievable.

You don't know the PTB lied to Gus.  You don't know it (and neither do I) because Gus has never come out and said so.  In fact, no one connected with the situation has said Gus was lied to...all I heard Gus say was "thanks" to HDN from the opportunity to break into college football.

Just like we don't know if Nutt lied about the timeline of the emails from TP to Mitch, even though Nutt contradicted himself in an interview. 

And don't tell me what we witnessed last season was Gus being "turned loose".  Oh I forgot, we didn't have the afletes to run Gus' offense.   And exactly why did Gus go to Tulsa?  I guess Pee Pah was right afterall, I've heard nary a word about Gus' offense being too difficult for TU's players so it must have been a promotion.

It's kinda hard to prove a lie.  Even if Gus spoke up and said they lied, you think Big Jim, Frank and Nutt would be stricken with a nasty streak of honesty and fess up to lying?

The stories being passed by the MSM and PTB to cover their asses rises to a level of sophistication, I'd sooner believe an anvil could fly.

Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Chief Mac

Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 02:04:46 pm
Quote from: GaRZRBCK on August 23, 2007, 02:01:08 pm

Given the circumstances we are doing well in recruiting this year. When the Warren receivers get here along with Youngblood from Camden Fairview, things are really going to look up for the Hogs on offense.

just as it was supposed to last year with all the great receivers and that mustain guy?  Hmmm?

slopinhogs

i don't believe there is any way we will go 4-4.i am not in favor of Nutt as a coach but in spite of that and him they should go 8-4 at least. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Chief Mac

He's a quitter.

so is Dale.  He packed up and left for Stillwater in the middle of the night and had his daddy call Lou b/c he wasn't man enough to do it himself.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: Feralhog on August 24, 2007, 09:30:44 am

Unbelievable.

Just like we don't know if Nutt lied about the timeline of the emails from TP to Mitch, even though Nutt contradicted himself in an interview. 

And don't tell me what we witnessed last season was Gus being "turned loose".  Oh I forgot, we didn't have the afletes to run Gus' offense.   And exactly why did Gus go to Tulsa?  I guess Pee Pah was right afterall, I've heard nary a word about Gus' offense being too difficult for TU's players so it must have been a promotion.

It's kinda hard to prove a lie.  Even if Gus spoke up and said they lied, you think Big Jim, Frank and Nutt would be stricken with a nasty streak of honesty and fess up to lying?

The stories being passed by the MSM and PTB to cover their asses rises to a level of sophistication, I'd sooner believe an anvil could fly.

Perhaps all of that is true...as you suggest.  You certainly have a valid opinion.  BUt you do not know if Gus was lied too and you shouldn't say so until you have evidence of such.  I would think you darksiders would have plenty of ammo without resorting to making up BS.  It just makes you look ridiculous. 

BILLYBOB

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on August 24, 2007, 09:55:57 am

He's a quitter.

so is Dale.  He packed up and left for Stillwater in the middle of the night and had his daddy call Lou b/c he wasn't man enough to do it himself.

You're right...Nutt is also a quitter.  That is a valid criticism. 

Maybe Mitch will come back and coach the Hogs someday and your grandkids can hate him the way most of you hate Dale.

razorsox

Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 12:00:41 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on August 23, 2007, 11:35:23 am
Quote from: hawg_racer on August 23, 2007, 10:43:08 am

Damian QUIT on his team before the SECCG, not to mention, how was he the 2nd best when he was dropping balls that hit him in the hands?

Who was that masked man wearing DW's uni against UF?

Eh, I slipped on that one, nice catch, still, the point is that he QUIT.

So did your [CENSORED] hero and yet you still slob on his knob
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

Feralhog

Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 24, 2007, 09:58:12 am

Unbelievable.

Perhaps all of that is true...as you suggest.  You certainly have a valid opinion.  BUt you do not know if Gus was lied too and you shouldn't say so until you have evidence of such.  I would think you darksiders would have plenty of ammo without resorting to making up BS.  It just makes you look ridiculous. 

What the hell am I making up?  Gus stated publically that he didn't want to leave Sprindale to be a position coach.  He wanted to be OC with complete control of the offense.  Are you saying Gus knew that wasn't the case when he took the job?  Are you saying Gus knew that wasn't the case when he assured the recruits he landed that he would be in control? Didn't Nutt promise us publically that he was going to turn Gus loose?  There was one demand Gus renigged on when he signed his contract.  He caved on a demand he had regarding one of the assistant coaches, which imo, was a fatal mistake.   

BILLYBOB

Quote from: Feralhog on August 24, 2007, 10:28:50 am
Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 24, 2007, 09:58:12 am

Unbelievable.

What the hell am I making up?  Gus stated publically that he didn't want to leave Sprindale to be a position coach.  He wanted to be OC with complete control of the offense.  Are you saying Gus knew that wasn't the case when he took the job?  Are you saying Gus knew that wasn't the case when he assured the recruits he landed that he would be in control? Didn't Nutt promise us publically that he was going to turn Gus loose?  There was one demand Gus renigged on when he signed his contract.  He caved on a demand he had regarding one of the assistant coaches, which imo, was a fatal mistake.   

You're wrong.  I remember a rumor that Gus did not want to leave Springdale to be a position coach.  I never heard those words come out of his mouth.  Perhaps they did, I'll grant you that.  But he most certainly never  said he demanded  "complete control of the offense."   He never said that...you're either making that up or repeating a rumor you heard from another darksider.

Furthermore, if you recall, after Gus left, Nutt said he pretty much turned Gus loose...at least by his own (Nutt's) defintion of "turned loose."  Gus never publicly disputed that claim. 

I'm sorry to argue with you...I just get tired of darksiders constantly bitching about how Nutt and the MSM lie, cheat, and destroy the reputations of other people only to watch the Darksiders do the exact same thing.  There are plenty of FACTS that would suggest a coaching change would be a positive for the U of A football program.  You don't have to resort to rumor mongering and made up BS.

Ugly Uncle

Could it be (and I am only suggesting this) that there might be people that know things that haven't been reported?  Not guessed, but have actual true knowledge of?

I know most on here are probably going off of rumor.  But are you open to the idea that maybe there are people that really do know? 

To just say that Feral is just making stuff up is not fair.  You don't know that, and neither do I. 
Retired Radio Host