Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10 years from now we might not be cursing Nutt's name.

Started by Killean, August 22, 2007, 12:56:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogSophist

Quote from: Killean on August 22, 2007, 01:49:39 pm
Jesus Christ, you try to make a point about how the profile of Razorbacks in the NFL is starting to improve, considering that nobody even remembers all but one or two of the non-recent Razorbacks.

Why does that matter?  Recruiting.  Nope, it all turns into one big crap on the current Razorbacks festival from a bunch of people who'd rather root for Tulsa.

Don't they have their own board? :P

Darren Mcfadden represents Arkansas's chance to have that high profile athlete who'll change recruiting down the road.  People know who he is.  Flat out, nationally, Arkansas is pretty damn meaningless in terms of professional athletes throughout history.  We've got some hall of famers sure, but do people actually remember them?  They don't stand out, that doesn't help us.  We don't have the pedigree of an Alabama or a Georgia or an Auburn.  Mcfadden can change that.

I think the point is that you listed players merely based on recency as razorbacks and subjective accomplishments. Nothing more. Forget the fact that the NFL has more teams and thus needs more players now, more than in the previous era.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

Newhopehog

that 10 win in the SEC season was actually 6 wins in the sec of which 3 of the teams had a record of 500 or better...not much to brag about there...

Hollywood_HOGan45

nuttjob is a dirty son of a gun.

just proves with all that NFL talent, the best we've done is the Citrus bowl.

has nutt improved the program? yes
will we ever get any better under nuttjob? NO franking way.

The object of the game is to get better right?

311Hog

Quote from: Killean on August 22, 2007, 01:49:39 pm
Jesus Christ, you try to make a point about how the profile of Razorbacks in the NFL is starting to improve, considering that nobody even remembers all but one or two of the non-recent Razorbacks.

Why does that matter?  Recruiting.  Nope, it all turns into one big crap on the current Razorbacks festival from a bunch of people who'd rather root for Tulsa.

Don't they have their own board? :P

Darren Mcfadden represents Arkansas's chance to have that high profile athlete who'll change recruiting down the road.  People know who he is.  Flat out, nationally, Arkansas is pretty damn meaningless in terms of professional athletes throughout history.  We've got some hall of famers sure, but do people actually remember them?  They don't stand out, that doesn't help us.  We don't have the pedigree of an Alabama or a Georgia or an Auburn.  Mcfadden can change that.

I really feel bad for Darren sometimes, you guys expect him do everything.

Dmac will play Qb

Dmac will return kicks and punts

Dmac will win the first Heisman at the UofA

Dmac will win us the SEC

Dmac will get us to the BCS

Dmac will RECRUIT FOR US FROM THE NFL

WHat else do you think Dmac will do ?

We have talked about this ad nausem for so long it is scary.  Everyone knows that a HUGE problem with recruiting is the fact that the Razorbacks simply do not produce NFL players.

Like has been said before, the Hogs dont develop ANY of the glamor positions in the NFL.

-No WR's

-No QB's

Yes we have a chance to produce our one and only hope for a "star player" in the NFL in Dmac, but once he is gone what then?

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Killean on August 22, 2007, 12:56:20 pm
Why you may ask?

It's fairly simple.

Examine the history of Razorback players in the NFL:

The most prominent names pre-Nutt

Lance Alworth
Steve Atwater
Jim Benton
Joe Ferguson
Barry Foster
Dan Hampton
Billy Ray Smith Jr.
Dave Hanner

Of those people know realistically what, one or two?  Probably the top two names?

Now, consider the current Razorbacks in the NFL that have a shot to make the Pro Bowl this season:

Shawn Andrews
Jason Peters
Matt Jones (hey, we can dream :P)

Add to that people like Ken Hamlin and Kenoy Kennedy and our new rookies, Tony Ugoh, Jamal Anderson and Chris Houston.

Next year we should be adding D-Mac, Felix and some others.

The overall profile of the school is rising at the NFL level.  I might be mistaken but it seems like there are more Razorbacks playing in the NFL now.  This is a positive as far as transforming our program from mediocrity to something great.  We had a shot in the 60's and we blew it in '65 and in '69.  It has been 40 years since we've mattered nationally.  We still don't, but right now our basic foundation, whether you believe it or not or hate the current coach or not is improving.  The talent level at Arkansas is rising, hell, we've got the running back in the history of the school playing there right now, quite possibly the best player in the history of the school period.

Does this matter in the wins and losses?  Barely, but it does raise our profile for future recruits and starts improving things for whoever takes over.  So maybe, just maybe, after the hatred dies away, take a step back and reexamine what happened under Houston Nutt.

Ask yourself whether the program is in better shape when he leaves than the shape he found it in.

I think that honest answer might surprise you.

This message brought to you by the "Committee For the Advancement of Houston Dale Nutt".

311Hog

One more thing you do not understand. Recruiting isnt positively effected by "random individuals" the reason schools like Penn State, and Miami benefit from NFL association is because of TRADITION.

They TRADITIONALLY produce NFL talent, that is why the good kids go there to play, not because this one time this one really good player went there, but because their SYSTEM PRODUCES NFL players.

IE, they will make you into an NFL player, you will get the training and coaching required to make you an NFL player, based on PROVEN HISTORY.

junkyardhog

actually he can start the change, of course he has to produce in the NFL first(i hope he does). there have been top rb's who just don't cut it or have the staying power to beconsiderd great.

The problem of fans is they always annoint their team players as the next NFL king b4 he has a chance to prove himself. Carlos Hall in his rookie season had damn near if not more sacks than he had while at the UofA.
Now he is a journeyman. Monk is going to be the next bigtime WR blahblah.

I want these guy to succed but i am not going to add pressure(not that my opinion matters) by predicting them to be the next sliced bread.

Here's some guys(RB) who were producers in the NCAA but had limited sucess and will not be HOF'ers in the NFL

Ron Dayne
Eddie George
Rashaad Sallam
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

rdizzle

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:46:49 pm
Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:42:49 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:37:00 pm
Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:35:06 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:32:51 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2007, 01:25:51 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:21:56 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2007, 01:20:08 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 12:59:37 pm
yeah, program was at rock bottom and is now floating just above rock bottom, stand back while i do a barrel roll.

Btw i do not agree with your NFL assessment. Boise State prolly has more players on NFL rosters then the UofA does.

BTW, the poster above PROVED your assumption about players in the NFL was WRONG. 

no he didnt learn to add Sanity, there are more players in the NFL from Boise State then from the UofA.

Well, the list in this thread shows 19 Hogs.  I see no list of Boise St players so i have nothing to reference it against.  Since you are sure, maybe you could provide such information?

Fyi,

I said "prolly" also UofA 19 Boise State has 15.  Please tell me again what exactly are we celebrating being good at?

We should have know that you would "prolly" be wrong.

LOl wrong about what? having the NINTH most NFL players in a 12 team league? or the fact that we put players in the NFL at the same pace as BOISE STATE?

That's it keep changing your argument.  Did you not say "no he didnt learn to add Sanity, there are more players in the NFL from Boise State then from the UofA."  Even had to throw an insult in eventhough you were the one that has no clue what you are talking about.  I know you have never worn a football helmet, but I thought you could at least look up stuff on the internet. 

i would be willing to bet my life i have seen more action on the field between the two of us, but that doesnt matter now does it, considering you add in the "practice squad" players to the Hog list and it is still just 19 to 15. Some of you guys will beat your chest about any pathetic "accomplishment" wont you?

Btw just incase you dont read so good, the arguement is that Boise State has no business even being within single digits of the UofA in terms of NFL talent produced, and the fact it is so close is a *** joke.

We spend more money on the football program at the UofA in one month then Boise State does in a year.

Now you are changing the argument again.  I guess that makes you feel better than having to admit you were wrong.  Do you always just make up crap to make your argument?

311Hog

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 02:02:42 pm
yeah, program was at rock bottom and is now floating just above rock bottom, stand back while i do a barrel roll.

Btw i do not agree with your NFL assessment. Boise State prolly has more players on NFL rosters then the UofA does.

BTW, the poster above PROVED your assumption about players in the NFL was WRONG. 

no he didnt learn to add Sanity, there are more players in the NFL from Boise State then from the UofA.

Well, the list in this thread shows 19 Hogs.  I see no list of Boise St players so i have nothing to reference it against.  Since you are sure, maybe you could provide such information?

Fyi,

I said "prolly" also UofA 19 Boise State has 15.  Please tell me again what exactly are we celebrating being good at?

LOl wrong about what? having the NINTH most NFL players in a 12 team league? or the fact that we put players in the NFL at the same pace as BOISE STATE?

That's it keep changing your argument.  Did you not say "no he didnt learn to add Sanity, there are more players in the NFL from Boise State then from the UofA."  Even had to throw an insult in eventhough you were the one that has no clue what you are talking about.  I know you have never worn a football helmet, but I thought you could at least look up stuff on the internet. 

i would be willing to bet my life i have seen more action on the field between the two of us, but that doesnt matter now does it, considering you add in the "practice squad" players to the Hog list and it is still just 19 to 15. Some of you guys will beat your chest about any pathetic "accomplishment" wont you?

Btw just incase you dont read so good, the arguement is that Boise State has no business even being within single digits of the UofA in terms of NFL talent produced, and the fact it is so close is a *** joke.

We spend more money on the football program at the UofA in one month then Boise State does in a year.

Now you are changing the argument again.  I guess that makes you feel better than having to admit you were wrong.  Do you always just make up crap to make your argument?

coming from a guy who chose the name " R dizzle" lol i dont think i need to continue wasting my time.

junkyardhog

benefit from NFL association is because of TRADITION

Exactly, like there was a stretch for like 10 years Tenn. had a running back drafted in the first round.

If we want to be running back u it will take 5-7 years of players getting drafted in the first round.

I don't think TCU has benefitted that much from having the Elite LT play for them.

Also for us to benefit these all pro players must spend a lot of time coming back to campus(especially summers) so recruits see them and the media writes about it. Hear in Washington down the rode from Seattle Marcus Trufant ,his family members,and some other NFL guys from the area hold a football camp.

If our former players did something like this now that would create exposure.

I think though , once they get away from the chaos on the Hill they stay away for the most part.

unless there is a piano bar that has a bouncer who need to get punched.
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

jerry

Quote from: biggiepiggie on August 22, 2007, 01:05:32 pm
10-4 is still 70%, not exactly a barn burner of a percentage.

The 2006-2007 Razorbacks are also the only team in NCAA history to have four losses against teams that finished the season ranked in the top 5.  

311Hog

Quote from: jerry on August 22, 2007, 02:09:55 pm

The 2006-2007 Razorbacks are also the only team in NCAA history to have four losses against teams that finished the season ranked in the top 5. 

HAI GUYS LETS MAKE LOSING A GOOD THING.... made up "stats" for the lose.

MB Hog

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:30:04 pm

Current Boise State players in NFL
Kimo von Oelhoffen - DL, New York Jets
Jeb Putzier - TE, Houston Texans
Quintin Mikell - DB, Philadelphia Eagles
Bryan Johnson - FB, Chicago Bears
Chris Carr - DB, Oakland Raiders
Daryn Colledge - OT, Green Bay Packers
Legedu Naanee - TE, San Diego Chargers
Korey Hall - LB, Green Bay Packers
Gerald Alexander - S, Detroit Lions
Derek Schouman - TE, Buffalo Bills
Jerard Rabb - WR, Dallas Cowboys
Drisan James - WR, Chicago Bears
Brad Lau - FB, St. Louis Rams
Quinton Jones - DB, San Diego Chargers
Jared Zabransky - QB, Houston Texans
All eleven of these guys were recruited by HDN during his one-year tenure at Boise State... AMAZING!

OK, just kidding... no idea.

MB Hog

EastexHawg

I think Slippery Rock should go out and schedule USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, and LSU right now.  Then they could wrestle this incredibly prestigious record away from Nutt's 2006 squad.

Until then, the fact that we played AND LOST TO four of the top seven or eight teams in the country will be our own crowning achievement.

Heck, I'd say it ranks right up there with Oklahoma's 47 game winning streak back in the 1950s...

rdizzle

August 22, 2007, 02:16:13 pm #64 Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 02:18:18 pm by rdizzle
Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 02:04:18 pm

Fyi,

Now you are changing the argument again.  I guess that makes you feel better than having to admit you were wrong.  Do you always just make up crap to make your argument?

coming from a guy who chose the name " R dizzle" lol i dont think i need to continue wasting my time.

Wow, you got me there.  You should have never wasted yours and anyone else's time with the crap you put on here.  It is obvious now that most of it is just made up to try to make yourself look good.  You don't bring any value with anything you put on here.  It is just the same crap everyday about how you hate Nutt, but you don't have any real football knowledge.

311Hog

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 02:16:13 pm

Fyi,

Wow, you got me there.  You should have never wasted yours and anyone else's time with the crap you put on here.  It is obvious now that most of it is just made up to try to make yourself look good.  You don't bring any value to anything you put on here.  It is just the same crap everyday about how you hate Nutt, but you don't have any real football knowledge.

forshizzle mynizzle wizzle wish i wasnt such a hasbeenizzle jizzle with the lameazzile boardnamedizzle fourrizzle.

yet another Hogville stalker exposed. You gotta have been reading all my posts etc if you are to make these kinds of comments and that my friend isnt healthy you need to seek help.

rdizzle

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 02:18:12 pm

Fyi,

Wow, you got me there.  You should have never wasted yours and anyone else's time with the crap you put on here.  It is obvious now that most of it is just made up to try to make yourself look good.  You don't bring any value to anything you put on here.  It is just the same crap everyday about how you hate Nutt, but you don't have any real football knowledge.

forshizzle mynizzle wizzle wish i wasnt such a hasbeenizzle jizzle with the lameazzile boardnamedizzle fourrizzle.

yet another Hogville stalker exposed. You gotta have been reading all my posts etc if you are to make these kinds of comments and that my friend isnt healthy you need to seek help.

I guess you decided to waste your time again.  You really are a liar, huh?

311Hog

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 02:19:30 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 02:18:12 pm

Fyi,

I guess you decided to waste your time again.  You really are a liar, huh?

rofl what did i lie about E-stalkerdizzle ?

HedgeDweller

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 22, 2007, 01:08:23 pm
You left out:

Pat Summerall
Dennis Winston
Wayne Martin
R.C. Thielmann
Lamar McHan
Steve Cox
Steve Little
Bobby Burnett
Billy Ray Smith, Sr.
Henry Ford
Bobby Williams (one year under Nutt, three under Ford)

Those are just off the top of my head.

Believe it or not, Arkansas football did exist before Houston Nutt.  If you take the time to go through the little museum they have at the north end of the Broyles Center, you will actually see all kinds of trophies, awards, and displays that pre-date 1998. ;)

Derek Russell also had a nice little career...
Marsh White played a little while...
Brandon Burlsworth would have...

cbjagman

Quote from: Killean on August 22, 2007, 12:56:20 pm
Why you may ask?

It's fairly simple.

Examine the history of Razorback players in the NFL:

The most prominent names pre-Nutt

Lance Alworth
Steve Atwater
Jim Benton
Joe Ferguson
Barry Foster
Dan Hampton
Billy Ray Smith Jr.
Dave Hanner

Of those people know realistically what, one or two?  Probably the top two names?

Now, consider the current Razorbacks in the NFL that have a shot to make the Pro Bowl this season:

Shawn Andrews
Jason Peters
Matt Jones (hey, we can dream :P)

Add to that people like Ken Hamlin and Kenoy Kennedy and our new rookies, Tony Ugoh, Jamal Anderson and Chris Houston.

Next year we should be adding D-Mac, Felix and some others.

The overall profile of the school is rising at the NFL level.  I might be mistaken but it seems like there are more Razorbacks playing in the NFL now.  This is a positive as far as transforming our program from mediocrity to something great.  We had a shot in the 60's and we blew it in '65 and in '69.  It has been 40 years since we've mattered nationally.  We still don't, but right now our basic foundation, whether you believe it or not or hate the current coach or not is improving.  The talent level at Arkansas is rising, hell, we've got the running back in the history of the school playing there right now, quite possibly the best player in the history of the school period.

Does this matter in the wins and losses?  Barely, but it does raise our profile for future recruits and starts improving things for whoever takes over.  So maybe, just maybe, after the hatred dies away, take a step back and reexamine what happened under Houston Nutt.

Ask yourself whether the program is in better shape when he leaves than the shape he found it in.

I think that honest answer might surprise you.

That's all very nice, particularly for the players who might be able to be drafted or otherwise go pro. However, in the meantime, the program continues to suffer through the drama of the off season and the continued inability for us to either win either a SEC Championship, go to a BCS bowl, or even win most of what other bowls we do attend. Forget about even seriously thinking about a NC.

hog_heaven_2000

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:03:01 pm

A 10 win season in the SEC is not just above rock bottom.  You keep trying to convince yourself though.  And no I'm not saying that we don't have room for improvment and yes I know we haven't been to a BCS bowl under Nutt, but we are hardly rock bottom.

Nutt's SEC record after 9 years is 38-34. That is just above rock bottom, IMHO.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

budcampbellfan

It will probably take more than 10 years to stop but I guess you are an optimist.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

hogsanity

In 10 years they will be cursing whoever the HC is, unless he is coming off a NC season.  They will be on him because he throws too little or too much or not the right routes or does not use the TE enough, or does not recruit TX hard enough or recruits it too much or..well you get the picture.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Fatty McGee

Quote from: jerry on August 22, 2007, 01:13:40 pm

There are a lot of teams in the SEC that would have loved to have gone 10-4 last year.  In fact, I will take it again because if you play 14 games, you are in the SEC championship game.

Assuming LSU loses to Auburn by 3 again.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2007, 03:29:41 pm
In 10 years they will be cursing whoever the HC is, unless he is coming off a NC season.  They will be on him because he throws too little or too much or not the right routes or does not use the TE enough, or does not recruit TX hard enough or recruits it too much or..well you get the picture.

yeah Hog fans have nothing to complain about guys, you heard Hogsanity 38-34 with a 2-5 bowl record is Grrrrrrreat !

Fatty McGee

WOOHOO!!! We get beat by the best because we're not one of them!  GO US!!
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Dirty

Quote from: CallMeHog on August 22, 2007, 01:06:21 pm
Losing Nutt is just a risk I'm am willing to take!!  I am still trying to figure out how we have fired
Nolan, Stan Heath, and even Frank Broyles and yet Nutt continues on.

Some questions may Never be answered.

beansandtaters

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 03:33:52 pm

Don't forget those 4 mor

yeah Hog fans have nothing to complain about guys, you heard Hogsanity 38-34 with a 2-5 bowl record is Grrrrrrreat !

Don't forget those 4 moral victories (errr losses) in the most important games of the year! Dale always finds a way. Sooo prescious and special and unselfish. He's got a good momma and daddy Mike.

Michael_Porkleone

I think Nutt was probably the right coach at the right time as much as it might pain some to admit it.  I just think he has run his course.  The program was in the shyter and his upbeat attitude turned things around and we have been a better program than prior.  However...the rah rah used car salesman shtick has worn thin.  I would think that many new players on campus probably do get motivated by his methods but after the new wears off it has very little effect.

Thanks for what you have done... win big this year... then step aside for the betterment of the program you say you love.

hogsanity

Quote from: beansandtaters on August 22, 2007, 03:39:47 pm

Don't forget those 4 mor

Don't forget those 4 moral victories (errr losses) in the most important games of the year! Dale always finds a way. Sooo prescious and special and unselfish. He's got a good momma and daddy Mike.

Show me where I said 38-34 and 2-5 was anything.  I did not post those #'s.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2007, 03:41:28 pm

Don't forget those 4 mor

but that is what you meant, dont act stupid.

Your post said "Hog fans will complain about anything, and anyone. In 10 years it wont matter who it is, they will complain about something."

You act as if people are somehow unjustified in their complaints about the program.

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 03:45:40 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2007, 03:41:28 pm

Don't forget those 4 mor

but that is what you meant, dont act stupid.

Your post said "Hog fans will complain about anything, and anyone. In 10 years it wont matter who it is, they will complain about something."

You act as if people are somehow unjustified in their complaints about the program.

The thing people at Hogville are better at that anything else is READING STUFF THAT DOES NOT EXIST.  Show me where I said they are unjustified.  I did not even say it was UNIQUE to Hog fans. 

311Hog

hmm who the hell would "they" be Hogsanity? the only people "they" could be are the people complaining about HDN the topic of this thread, dont run away again now that you have dropped another bomb.

it takes a rare individual to try and completely dismiss and trivialize the complaints of so many people as if they were completely unfounded.

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 03:50:54 pm
hmm who the hell would "they" be Hogsanity? the only people "they" could be are the people complaining about HDN the topic of this thread, dont run away again now that you have dropped another bomb.

it takes a rare individual to try and completely dismiss and trivialize the complaints of so many people as if they were completely unfounded.

And which " so many " would that be?  The 25 at the protest?  The massive numbers who have dropped their season tickets?  I am not running away from anything.  I am not the one deleting my threads. 

tmp

i think nutt has stayed too long and had too many off field issues for people to remember him fondly

it won't be like hatfield, hatfield had integrity and probably has a good reputation with most hog fans now

i see the opposite happening with nutt, people will wonder how or why he was allowed to stay so long

and frank has damaged himself alot by keeping nutt in place for all this time

i think even nolan will fare better than nutt and frank in the future

btw, nolan was right

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2007, 03:53:22 pm

And which " so many " would that be?  The 25 at the protest?  The massive numbers who have dropped their season tickets?  I am not running away from anything.  I am not the one deleting my threads. 

i have never deleted a thread in my life, and im pretty sure "so many" would be easily qualified just with one day standing on the corner of Razorback and 6th Street asking people if they think HDN is a good coach, and has done a good job.

Because im sorry to break this to you ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT LIKE HIM AND THINK HE *** SUCKS, but they have their own reasons for not taking an active "role" in trying to get him removed. Main one being that IT ISNT A FAN's PLACE TO TRY AND REMOVE THE COACH, the system in place if it wasnt corrupt to the core should take care of that.

Another fact you have no fracking clue how many people dropped their season tickets do you?  I can promise you one thing I HAVE, and just like you I can only speak for myself.

olivebranchhog

wow this is a real smart post-how bout this guys- lets bash all of the former razorbacks that are actually doing something with their life just because you want to take shots at nutt. i swear most of the time i wonder if some people on this board even like the hogs or if they just want to argue about football because they never made it themselves
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

HogSophist

who is "they"?
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

311Hog

Quote from: olivebranchhog on August 22, 2007, 03:59:31 pm
wow this is a real smart post-how bout this guys- lets bash all of the former razorbacks that are actually doing something with their life just because you want to take shots at nutt. i swear most of the time i wonder if some people on this board even like the hogs or if they just want to argue about football because they never made it themselves

i got a question.

If it is true is it still bashing?

Example:  Cedric Cobbs has been a journeyman NFL RB.

Is that bashing or just simply telling the truth?

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 03:56:33 pm

i have never deleted a thread in my life, and im pretty sure "so many" would be easily qualified just with one day standing on the corner of Razorback and 6th Street asking people if they think HDN is a good coach, and has done a good job.

Because im sorry to break this to you ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT LIKE HIM AND THINK HE *** SUCKS, but they have their own reasons for not taking an active "role" in trying to get him removed. Main one being that IT ISNT A FAN's PLACE TO TRY AND REMOVE THE COACH, the system in place if it wasnt corrupt to the core should take care of that.

Another fact you have no fracking clue how many people dropped their season tickets do you?  I can promise you one thing I HAVE, and just like you I can only speak for myself.

Does everything revolve around you?  I did not say YOU deleted anything, but we had a very good thread about why HDN had not been fired, contained no name calling, no personal stuff, ,just 4 pages of conversation, the suddenly POOF, gone. 

So, it is not a fans place to try and remove a coach?  Then why complain about him?  Why foi his records or sue his bosses?

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2007, 04:02:21 pm

Does everything revolve around you?  I did not say YOU deleted anything, but we had a very good thread about why HDN had not been fired, contained no name calling, no personal stuff, ,just 4 pages of conversation, the suddenly POOF, gone. 

So, it is not a fans place to try and remove a coach?  Then why complain about him?  Why foi his records or sue his bosses?

Hogsanity are we are we not talking directly to each other? 

If we were standing just the two of us in a Hall on campus and you said to me " im not the one deletling threads" in the context of our mini conversation here would you not think you are implying that i am ?

I noticed that thread disappeared to, but i dont give a crap this is a message board where fans can vent, joke, analyze, talk crazy what ever that is their prerogative.

Those people are after a pound of flesh for wasted tax payer money. I dont care what individual "fans" do or dont do.

I told you once i told you a thousand times.

FANS COMPLAIN ABOUT SHIET THAT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED.

If there wasnt crap to complain about you would not see complaining, that is the point of contention with me and what you said.

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 04:08:35 pm

If we were standing just the two of us in a Hall on campus and you said to me " im not the one deletling threads" in the context of our mini conversation here would you not think you are implying that i am ?

I noticed that thread disappeared to, but i dont give a crap this is a message board where fans can vent, joke, analyze, talk crazy what ever that is their prerogative.

Those people are after a pound of flesh for wasted tax payer money. I dont care what individual "fans" do or dont do.

Well, we are not just talking, this thread is being read and participated in and monitored by several people. 

Fans complain about everything, and ours do seem to be among the elite at finding stuff to gripe about:

Fans not standing enough
Fans standing too much
Having to drive too far to games
Having to watch commercials on the big screen
Games being moved to 11:30
Not enough passes
Too many runs
Not signing this kid
Signing that kid

Fans are not entitled to anything.  You watch to have a good time.  You go to games to see the game.  If you no longer receive joy from it, do what you did, stop buying tickets. 

judgeroyswine

I can honestly say that in ten years I hope not only to be free of cursing HDN's name, but that I have forgotten it altogether.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

olivebranchhog

all im saying is that at least he hasnt givin up on playing football. at least he isnt dealing drugs and weapons like he was when he was with the hogs. a true hog fan would support a former hog wherever and whatever he did as long as he keeps his nose clean, and from the looks of it being an nfl starter only made batman a horrible person.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2007, 04:14:01 pm

Well, we are not just talking, this thread is being read and participated in and monitored by several people. 

Fans complain about everything, and ours do seem to be among the elite at finding stuff to gripe about:

Fans not standing enough
Fans standing too much
Not enough passes
Too many runs
Not signing this kid
Signing that kid

Fans are not entitled to anything.  You watch to have a good time.  You go to games to see the game.  If you no longer receive joy from it, do what you did, stop buying tickets. 

wrong

Fans buy tickets to the game and can do what ever the frack they want to within the confines of the law.

Who are you to determine what a person does or doesnt do with their money?

If a person wants to pay money to go to a game and sit down and boo the entire time they can, it is their money.

Nutt and crew arent doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, you arent watching the special Olympics even though it does look like that from time to time.

People pay alot of money for the right to do what ever the hell they want to. If that means complaining about it in public or on a message board then more power to them.  And what the reasoning behind the complaint will be discussed and it's merit will be shown.

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 04:17:06 pm

Fans not standing enough
Fans standing too much
Not enough passes
Too many runs
Not signing this kid
Signing that kid

wrong

Fans buy tickets to the game and can do what ever the frack they want to within the confines of the law.

If a person wants to pay money to go to a game and sit down and boo the entire time they can, it is their money.

Nutt and crew arent doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, you arent watching the special Olympics even though it does look like that from time to time.

People pay alot of money for the right to do what ever the hell they want to. If that means complaining about it in public or on a message board then more power to them.  And what the reasoning behind the complaint will be discussed and it's merit will be shown.

Yes, nothing says class like booing in your home stadium.  Those players are, I am sure, able to tell who you are booing.

As for complaining in public, 95% of the posters here would not have the nerve to say in public what they do from behind their keyboards.

JadedHog

no one curses jack crow or danny ford's name either

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2007, 04:19:52 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 04:17:06 pm

Fans not standing enough
Fans standing too much
Not enough passes
Too many runs
Not signing this kid
Signing that kid

wrong

Yes, nothing says class like booing in your home stadium.  Those players are, I am sure, able to tell who you are booing.

As for complaining in public, 95% of the posters here would not have the nerve to say in public what they do from behind their keyboards.

I guess i am in the 5% again OMG HAHA, because i will say every word i have ever typed here in person and infront of anyone i dont give a shiet. I stand by my opinions and observations.

And please leave "class" out of any discussion about our football program.

malzhanista

A decade from now I will still be cursing his name. Bet on it.

cityhog

August 22, 2007, 05:40:33 pm #99 Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:42:21 pm by cityhog
Quote from: Killean on August 22, 2007, 01:12:20 pm
Quote from: EastexHawg on August 22, 2007, 01:08:23 pm
You left out:

Pat Summerall
Dennis Winston
Wayne Martin
R.C. Thielmann
Lamar McHan
Steve Cox
Steve Little
Bobby Burnett
Billy Ray Smith, Sr.
Henry Ford
Bobby Williams (one year under Nutt, three under Ford)

Those are just off the top of my head.

Believe it or not, Arkansas football did exist before Houston Nutt.  If you take the time to go through the little museum they have at the north end of the Broyles Center, you will actually see all kinds of trophies, awards, and displays that pre-date 1998. ;)

I included Billy Ray Smith Jr. and I'm not listing ALL the NFL players from Arkansas.. just the more prominent ones..

And Pat Summerall was a kicker :P  and famous more for broadcasting than football.  I bet most people don't even realize he actually played in the NFL.

The point is, ask someone who isn't from Arkansas who played in the NFL that went to college from Arkansas and they aren't gonna remember anybody except maybe Alworth, Atwater or maybe Barry Foster, other than the current crop.

There are people that exist in this world that are over 35 and remember those "old guys".  Your view has the attention span of someone watching a MTV show.