Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10 years from now we might not be cursing Nutt's name.

Started by Killean, August 22, 2007, 12:56:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Killean

Why you may ask?

It's fairly simple.

Examine the history of Razorback players in the NFL:

The most prominent names pre-Nutt

Lance Alworth
Steve Atwater
Jim Benton
Joe Ferguson
Barry Foster
Dan Hampton
Billy Ray Smith Jr.
Dave Hanner

Of those people know realistically what, one or two?  Probably the top two names?

Now, consider the current Razorbacks in the NFL that have a shot to make the Pro Bowl this season:

Shawn Andrews
Jason Peters
Matt Jones (hey, we can dream :P)

Add to that people like Ken Hamlin and Kenoy Kennedy and our new rookies, Tony Ugoh, Jamal Anderson and Chris Houston.

Next year we should be adding D-Mac, Felix and some others.

The overall profile of the school is rising at the NFL level.  I might be mistaken but it seems like there are more Razorbacks playing in the NFL now.  This is a positive as far as transforming our program from mediocrity to something great.  We had a shot in the 60's and we blew it in '65 and in '69.  It has been 40 years since we've mattered nationally.  We still don't, but right now our basic foundation, whether you believe it or not or hate the current coach or not is improving.  The talent level at Arkansas is rising, hell, we've got the running back in the history of the school playing there right now, quite possibly the best player in the history of the school period.

Does this matter in the wins and losses?  Barely, but it does raise our profile for future recruits and starts improving things for whoever takes over.  So maybe, just maybe, after the hatred dies away, take a step back and reexamine what happened under Houston Nutt.

Ask yourself whether the program is in better shape when he leaves than the shape he found it in.

I think that honest answer might surprise you.

Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

311Hog

yeah, program was at rock bottom and is now floating just above rock bottom, stand back while i do a barrel roll.

Btw i do not agree with your NFL assessment. Boise State prolly has more players on NFL rosters then the UofA does.

The Marmot

I would HOPE he would leave it better than he found it. That would mean he made it better than Crowe/Kines/Ford, which aint saying much.

He has shown us how far he can take the program... its time for him to go on his merry way.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

rdizzle

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 12:59:37 pm
yeah, program was at rock bottom and is now floating just above rock bottom, stand back while i do a barrel roll.

Btw i do not agree with your NFL assessment. Boise State prolly has more players on NFL rosters then the UofA does.

A 10 win season in the SEC is not just above rock bottom.  You keep trying to convince yourself though.  And no I'm not saying that we don't have room for improvment and yes I know we haven't been to a BCS bowl under Nutt, but we are hardly rock bottom.

biggiepiggie

10-4 is still 70%, not exactly a barn burner of a percentage.

Calling All Hogs

Losing Nutt is just a risk I'm am willing to take!!  I am still trying to figure out how we have fired
Nolan, Stan Heath, and even Frank Broyles and yet Nutt continues on.

311Hog

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:03:01 pm

A 10 win season in the SEC is not just above rock bottom.  You keep trying to convince yourself though.  And no I'm not saying that we don't have room for improvment and yes I know we haven't been to a BCS bowl under Nutt, but we are hardly rock bottom.

lol right 10 win season. 70 winning %, wu wu like i said let me do a Barrel Roll, about all of those wins over chump opponents.

I dunno about you, but i just love getting into bar discussions about how we whipped Utah State's a$$ or Souteast Missouri State, yeah take that *** Grizzles or what ever their mascot is....

rdizzle

Quote from: biggiepiggie on August 22, 2007, 01:05:32 pm

Did I make it sound like we won a NC?  Did I not say we have room for improvement?

Do you think it is rock bottom?

Killean

Arkansas :
Jamaal Anderson Defensive End Atlanta Falcons
Shawn Andrews Guard Philadelphia Eagles
David Barrett Cornerback New York Jets
Cedric Cobbs Running Back Denver Broncos
Carlos Hall Defensive End Denver Broncos
Ken Hamlin Free Safety Dallas Cowboys
Steven Harris Wide Receiver Washington Redskins
Chris Houston Cornerback Atlanta Falcons
Keith Jackson Defensive Tackle St. Louis Rams
Eddie Jackson Cornerback New England Patriots
Matt Jones Wide Receiver Jacksonville Jaguars
Kenoy Kennedy Safety Detroit Lions
Bo Lacy Offensive Tackle Atlanta Falcons
Caleb Miller Linebacker Cincinnati Bengals
Jason Peters Offensive Lineman Buffalo Bills
Tony Ugoh Offensive Lineman Indianapolis Colts
Vickiel Vaughn Safety San Francisco 49ers
Bobbie Williams Guard Cincinnati Bengals
George Wilson Wide Receiver Buffalo Bills

Boise State has 11 btw, the wonders of what not having to play anybody can do for your ranking.

Arkansas would be undefeated every year with Boise's schedule... and pretty close to it with Texas's schedule.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

EastexHawg

You left out:

Pat Summerall
Dennis Winston
Wayne Martin
R.C. Thielmann
Lamar McHan
Steve Cox
Steve Little
Bobby Burnett
Billy Ray Smith, Sr.
Henry Ford
Bobby Williams (one year under Nutt, three under Ford)

Those are just off the top of my head.

Believe it or not, Arkansas football did exist before Houston Nutt.  If you take the time to go through the little museum they have at the north end of the Broyles Center, you will actually see all kinds of trophies, awards, and displays that pre-date 1998. ;)

311Hog

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:08:07 pm

Did I make it sound like we won a NC?  Did I not say we have room for improvement?

Do you think it is rock bottom?

i said it was hovering above rock bottom.

DO A BARREL ROLL

Conway Cool Daddy

10 years from now I'll be pulling for Nutt to lose every Friday night.

311Hog

Quote from: Killean on August 22, 2007, 01:08:22 pm
Arkansas :
Jamaal Anderson Defensive End Atlanta Falcons
Shawn Andrews Guard Philadelphia Eagles
David Barrett Cornerback New York Jets
Cedric Cobbs Running Back Denver Broncos
Carlos Hall Defensive End Denver Broncos
Ken Hamlin Free Safety Dallas Cowboys
Steven Harris Wide Receiver Washington Redskins
Chris Houston Cornerback Atlanta Falcons
Keith Jackson Defensive Tackle St. Louis Rams
Eddie Jackson Cornerback New England Patriots
Matt Jones Wide Receiver Jacksonville Jaguars
Kenoy Kennedy Safety Detroit Lions
Bo Lacy Offensive Tackle Atlanta Falcons
Caleb Miller Linebacker Cincinnati Bengals
Jason Peters Offensive Lineman Buffalo Bills
Tony Ugoh Offensive Lineman Indianapolis Colts
Vickiel Vaughn Safety San Francisco 49ers
Bobbie Williams Guard Cincinnati Bengals
George Wilson Wide Receiver Buffalo Bills

Boise State has 11 btw, the wonders of what not having to play anybody can do for your ranking.

Arkansas would be undefeated every year with Boise's schedule... and pretty close to it with Texas's schedule.

please re read your post and tell me WHAT THE FOCK ARE YOU SAYING?

So Boise state has ELEVEN players in the NFL, but they dont play anyone that is why they are good? huh what ?

btw half those players you list from the UofA are on practice squads if that.

tmp

I think it's more likely that nutt's tenure will be less admired in years to come, not more so.

If additional information continues to come out about what went on during the nutt years, I don't think it'll be good for nutt.

rdizzle

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:06:55 pm

A 10 win season in the SEC is not just above rock bottom.  You keep trying to convince yourself though.  And no I'm not saying that we don't have room for improvment and yes I know we haven't been to a BCS bowl under Nutt, but we are hardly rock bottom.

lol right 10 win season. 70 winning %, wu wu like i said let me do a Barrel Roll, about all of those wins over chump opponents.

I dunno about you, but i just love getting into bar discussions about how we whipped Utah State's a$$ or Souteast Missouri State, yeah take that *** Grizzles or what ever their mascot is....

311, are you just some goofball on the internet or have you actually ever played the game of football?

rdizzle

Quote from: tmp on August 22, 2007, 01:10:05 pm
I think it's more likely that nutt's tenure will be less admired in years to come, not more so.

If additional information continues to come out about what went on during the nutt years, I don't think it'll be good for nutt.

Why don't you just tell us what went down?

Killean

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 22, 2007, 01:08:23 pm
You left out:

Pat Summerall
Dennis Winston
Wayne Martin
R.C. Thielmann
Lamar McHan
Steve Cox
Steve Little
Bobby Burnett
Billy Ray Smith, Sr.
Henry Ford

Believe it or not, Arkansas football did exist before Houston Nutt.  If you take the time to go through the little museum they have at the north end of the Broyles Center, you will actually see all kinds of trophies, awards, and displays that pre-date 1998. ;)

I included Billy Ray Smith Jr. and I'm not listing ALL the NFL players from Arkansas.. just the more prominent ones..

And Pat Summerall was a kicker :P  and famous more for broadcasting than football.  I bet most people don't even realize he actually played in the NFL.

The point is, ask someone who isn't from Arkansas who played in the NFL that went to college from Arkansas and they aren't gonna remember anybody except maybe Alworth, Atwater or maybe Barry Foster, other than the current crop.

311Hog

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:10:30 pm

311, are you just some goofball on the internet or have you actually ever played the game of football?

let me tell you something, most people who have ever played football know when they are playing an opponent that they either out class or are out classed by.

And typically these people WILL NOT gloat over beating up a team they had no business being on the same field as them. They will treat it with respect it was a win is a win, but honestly they dont care.

Only real players and only real fans care about the important games, they dont give two shiets about beating up on teams barely even in their division, especially when they lose to the "big fish".

jerry

There are a lot of teams in the SEC that would have loved to have gone 10-4 last year.  In fact, I will take it again because if you play 14 games, you are in the SEC championship game.

tmp

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:11:38 pm

oh, that's right nothing has happened in the past year that would cast a negative light on nutt and his posse

i don't know what i was thinking...

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: Killean on August 22, 2007, 01:12:20 pm
You left out:

Pat Summerall
Dennis Winston
Wayne Martin
R.C. Thielmann
Lamar McHan
Steve Cox
Steve Little
Bobby Burnett
Billy Ray Smith, Sr.
Henry Ford

I included Billy Ray Smith Jr. and I'm not listing ALL the NFL players from Arkansas.. just the more prominent ones..

And Pat Summerall was a kicker :P  and famous more for broadcasting than football.  I bet most people don't even realize he actually played in the NFL.

The point is, ask someone who isn't from Arkansas who played in the NFL that went to college from Arkansas and they aren't gonna remember anybody except maybe Alworth, Atwater or maybe Barry Foster, other than the current crop.

Just how old are you anyway?  If you happen to a contributor to the Razorback Foundation, please check your media guide for a list of Arkansas  players in the pros.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

rdizzle

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:13:15 pm

let me tell you something, most people who have ever played football know when they are playing an opponent that they either out class or are out classed by.

And typically these people WILL NOT gloat over beating up a team they had no business being on the same field as them. They will treat it with respect it was a win is a win, but honestly they dont care.

Only real players and only real fans care about the important games, they dont give two shiets about beating up on teams barely even in their division, especially when they lose to the "big fish".

That is what I thought.  Just a goofball on the internet.

The Marmot

You left out:

Pat Summerall
Dennis Winston
Wayne Martin
R.C. Thielmann
Lamar McHan
Steve Cox
Steve Little
Bobby Burnett
Billy Ray Smith, Sr.
Henry Ford

And I guarantee you the only ones from your list that they would know (that have actually played a down in the NFL) would be Matt Jones and Shawn Andrews.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

311Hog

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:16:32 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:13:15 pm

That is what I thought.  Just a goofball on the internet.

I rather be a goofball on the internet if that is how you define it then, a chump who actually enjoys watching SEC D1 football programs beat up on directional schools to pad its "10 win season".

rdizzle

Quote from: tmp on August 22, 2007, 01:15:23 pm
Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:11:38 pm

oh, that's right nothing has happened in the past year that would cast a negative light on nutt and his posse

i don't know what i was thinking...

You said additional information.  That would lead me to think that you were talking about information that hasn't came out yet.  What was I thinking?

Silver Hog

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Killean on August 22, 2007, 12:56:20 pm
Ask yourself whether the program is in better shape when he leaves than the shape he found it in.

A turnip with toothpicks for legs could have left the program in better shape than it was in 1997.  That's really not saying a lot.

Is the program doing things consistently right?  Getting the gettable talent?  Coaching the soundest football?
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

BTW, the poster above PROVED your assumption about players in the NFL was WRONG. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: swisshog on August 22, 2007, 01:18:50 pm
4 loss seasons does not a championship make.

But you do get a nice ring and a vacation trip over New Years.

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2007, 01:20:08 pm

BTW, the poster above PROVED your assumption about players in the NFL was WRONG. 

no he didnt learn to add Sanity, there are more players in the NFL from Boise State then from the UofA.

nuttbustr

We will be cursing Nutt 10 years from now......this fiasco that has been going on is not anywhere done yet. When we get done beating ourselves up, the NCAA is going to come in like vultures, subpoena the documents they want, and the BOT will fold like a one egg pudding. The BOT is winning now but by letting this trainwreck continue its crash course, in a very short period of time, they will lose and they will lose big. Unfortunately we the fan base will suffer for the lack of leadership that we have today.

Cajun Hog

Who are they?  Names please...............

bearcathog

Arkansas-19
Alabama-28
Auburn-34
Florida-45
Georgia-52
Kentucky-7
LSU-47
Mississippi-24
Miss State-17
S. Carolina-26
Tennessee-44
Vanderbilt-8

We're 9th.
"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:21:56 pm

no he didnt learn to add Sanity, there are more players in the NFL from Boise State then from the UofA.

Well, the list in this thread shows 19 Hogs.  I see no list of Boise St players so i have nothing to reference it against.  Since you are sure, maybe you could provide such information?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rdizzle

Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2007, 01:25:51 pm

Well, the list in this thread shows 19 Hogs.  I see no list of Boise St players so i have nothing to reference it against.  Since you are sure, maybe you could provide such information?

Current Boise State players in NFL
Kimo von Oelhoffen - DL, New York Jets
Jeb Putzier - TE, Houston Texans
Quintin Mikell - DB, Philadelphia Eagles
Bryan Johnson - FB, Chicago Bears
Chris Carr - DB, Oakland Raiders
Daryn Colledge - OT, Green Bay Packers
Legedu Naanee - TE, San Diego Chargers
Korey Hall - LB, Green Bay Packers
Gerald Alexander - S, Detroit Lions
Derek Schouman - TE, Buffalo Bills
Jerard Rabb - WR, Dallas Cowboys
Drisan James - WR, Chicago Bears
Brad Lau - FB, St. Louis Rams
Quinton Jones - DB, San Diego Chargers
Jared Zabransky - QB, Houston Texans

311Hog

Fyi,

I said "prolly" also UofA 19 Boise State has 15.  Please tell me again what exactly are we celebrating being good at?

Silver Hog

Quote from: bearcathog on August 22, 2007, 01:24:25 pm
Arkansas-19
Alabama-28
Auburn-34
Florida-45
Georgia-52
Kentucky-7
LSU-47
Mississippi-24
Miss State-17
S. Carolina-26
Tennessee-44
Vanderbilt-8

We're 9th.

proves paw-paw right.

puh-ten-shul!

rdizzle

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:32:51 pm

Fyi,

I said "prolly" also UofA 19 Boise State has 15.  Please tell me again what exactly are we celebrating being good at?

We should have know that you would "prolly" be wrong.

hogfan58

Nothing against players from the UA making it in the NFL, but being a player in the NFL doesn't mean crap in regards to results for the Hogs.

Which would you rather have....the most players in the SEC in the NFL, but with no BCS bowl appearances or SEC championships or no players in the NFL, but with BCS bowl appearances and SEC championships?
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

311Hog

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:35:06 pm

Fyi,

LOl wrong about what? having the NINTH most NFL players in a 12 team league? or the fact that we put players in the NFL at the same pace as BOISE STATE?

junkyardhog

i'm confused

before Nutt there were Arkansas players who were Pro Bowlers/major contributors tochampionship teams

Now there are players you saw play as Hogs that are in the NFL
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

EastexHawg

Pat Summerall is probably best known for kicking a last second, 49 yard field goal in the snow...against Jim Brown and the Cleveland Browns...that eventually sent the Giants to the most famous game in NFL history, the 1958 NFL Championship Game against the Baltimore Colts.

He played in the NFL for ten seasons.

Bobby Burnett was the AFL Rookie of the Year for the Buffalo Bills in 1966.  R.C. Thielmann was a first team All-Pro guard for the Falcons who played in three Pro Bowls.  Wayne Martin was a Pro-Bowl DE for the Saints, a member of the Saints' Hall of Fame, and registered as many as 16 sacks in a season in the NFL.

So...looking over your list, what is Steven Harris most famous for?  Eddie Jackson?  Bo Lacy?  Vickiel Vaughn?  George Wilson?

311Hog

Quote from: junkyardhog on August 22, 2007, 01:37:15 pm
i'm confused

before Nutt there were Arkansas players who were Pro Bowlers/major contributors tochampionship teams

The biggest name player from the Nutt era in the NFL is Shawn Andrews and he is an Olineman the LEAST glamorous position in the history of Football.  And there isnt even anyone else close. Most of the players on the list are 2nd teamers at best, practice squad, D league players at worst.

Biggus Piggus

You left out:

Pat Summerall
Dennis Winston
Wayne Martin
R.C. Thielmann
Lamar McHan
Steve Cox
Steve Little
Bobby Burnett
Billy Ray Smith, Sr.
Henry Ford

Most of the names you listed were fine NFL players, too.

Jason Peters has a chance to make the Pro Bowl?  How about he starts a game first?

Raylee Johnson played in the NFL for a long time.  Leotis Harris had six years at Green Bay.  Glen Ray Hines was in the league eight years.  Gary Anderson had a nice NFL career.  Lew Carpenter played for nine seasons.  Preston Carpenter had ten.  Jessie Clark played eight seasons.  Dick Cunningham had seven.  Dave Reavis was a pro ten seasons.  Derek Russell played seven.
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:38:50 pm
i'm confused

The biggest name player from the Nutt era in the NFL is Shawn Andrews and he is an Olineman the LEAST glamorous position in the history of Football.  And there isnt even anyone else close. Most of the players on the list are 2nd teamers at best, practice squad, D league players at best.

Look back at the history of Hogs in the draft, back to the start of the draft.  I counted them once, and it was something like 75+% were from "non-skill" positions ( it might have been higher than that ).  Lots of linemen and db's, but few others.

rdizzle

Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:37:00 pm

Fyi,

LOl wrong about what? having the NINTH most NFL players in a 12 team league? or the fact that we put players in the NFL at the same pace as BOISE STATE?

That's it keep changing your argument.  Did you not say "no he didnt learn to add Sanity, there are more players in the NFL from Boise State then from the UofA."  Even had to throw an insult in eventhough you were the one that has no clue what you are talking about.  I know you have never worn a football helmet, but I thought you could at least look up stuff on the internet.  

311Hog

Quote from: donewithdale on August 22, 2007, 01:42:07 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:38:50 pm
i'm confused

The biggest name player from the Nutt era in the NFL is Shawn Andrews and he is an Olineman the LEAST glamorous position in the history of Football.  And there isnt even anyone else close. Most of the players on the list are 2nd teamers at best, practice squad, D league players at worst.

Nutt actually inherited some good NFL talent in Barrett and Kennedy and Bobby Williams.  This thread has been done a few times on Hogville. 

i know it has, and people are still making that "leap of nutthuggin" i hate it.

These people think "just getting somewhere" is "just as good" as winning or playing when they get there.

I mean the old list of former hog NFL players is littered with All Pro's and possibly Hall of Famers. Then the Nutthuggers make the current "hog in the nfl list" and it has people that are on practice squads, rookies that havent played a down, players that are on their 10th free agent contract in 5 years with their 8th NFL squad etc.

You cannot compare Cedric Cobbs with Lance Alworth it just isnt even in the same ball park.

311Hog

Quote from: rdizzle on August 22, 2007, 01:42:49 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 22, 2007, 01:37:00 pm

Fyi,

That's it keep changing your argument.  Did you not say "no he didnt learn to add Sanity, there are more players in the NFL from Boise State then from the UofA."  Even had to throw an insult in eventhough you were the one that has no clue what you are talking about.  I know you have never worn a football helmet, but I thought you could at least look up stuff on the internet. 

i would be willing to bet my life i have seen more action on the field between the two of us, but that doesnt matter now does it, considering you add in the "practice squad" players to the Hog list and it is still just 19 to 15. Some of you guys will beat your chest about any pathetic "accomplishment" wont you?

Btw just incase you dont read so good, the arguement is that Boise State has no business even being within single digits of the UofA in terms of NFL talent produced, and the fact it is so close is a *** joke.

We spend more money on the football program at the UofA in one month then Boise State does in a year.

Killean

Jesus Christ, you try to make a point about how the profile of Razorbacks in the NFL is starting to improve, considering that nobody even remembers all but one or two of the non-recent Razorbacks.

Why does that matter?  Recruiting.  Nope, it all turns into one big crap on the current Razorbacks festival from a bunch of people who'd rather root for Tulsa.

Don't they have their own board? :P

Darren Mcfadden represents Arkansas's chance to have that high profile athlete who'll change recruiting down the road.  People know who he is.  Flat out, nationally, Arkansas is pretty damn meaningless in terms of professional athletes throughout history.  We've got some hall of famers sure, but do people actually remember them?  They don't stand out, that doesn't help us.  We don't have the pedigree of an Alabama or a Georgia or an Auburn.  Mcfadden can change that.

HogSophist

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 22, 2007, 01:38:44 pm

Pat Summerall is probably best known for kicking a last second, 49 yard field goal in the snow...against Jim Brown and the Cleveland Browns...that eventually sent the Giants to the most famous game in NFL history, the 1958 NFL Championship Game against the Baltimore Colts.

He played in the NFL for ten seasons.

Bobby Burnett was the AFL Rookie of the Year for the Buffalo Bills in 1966.  R.C. Thielmann was a first team All-Pro guard for the Falcons who played in three Pro Bowls.  Wayne Martin was a Pro-Bowl DE for the Saints, a member of the Saints' Hall of Fame, and registered as many as 16 sacks in a season in the NFL.

So...looking over your list, what is Steven Harris most famous for?  Eddie Jackson?  Bo Lacy?  Vickiel Vaughn?  George Wilson?

they were Hogs within the last decadeish and therefore....recency. nothing more. this post and thread lacks any sort of credibility.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog