Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lee Corso says.....

Started by hopefullyapathetic, August 22, 2007, 07:51:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FBPLAYER65

Miles is headed to Michigan. Jimbo is guaranteed to be the next FSu head coach.

mhogc

I think Lee is dead on right.  We are staring at a 7-5 season. (Bama, LSU, Kentucky, Auburn,Tenn)
1.LSU
2.Alabama
3.Auburn
4.Arkansas
5.Ole Miss
6.Mississippi St.

Michael_Porkleone

LSU
Ark
Bummer
Auburn
Ole Miss
Misstake

Jim Harris

Quote from: tigerLSU on August 22, 2007, 12:29:56 pm
Quote from: drakehog on August 22, 2007, 11:17:48 am
Quote from: Michael_Porkleone on August 22, 2007, 11:10:16 am
I have a feeling that Miles will have a rather short stay at LSU..... it's just a gut feeling.    Not that Saban was Mr Personality but I think that the fans will have little patience for him if he falls short of expectations... which I think will happen this year. They lose 2 games minimum.

Les Miles will be the coach at Michigan in 2008, no matter what he accomplishes this season at LSU (which, I believe, will be a great one for the Tigers nonetheless). LSU will hire back Jimbo Fisher as head coach and he'll be left with an awesome amount of talent to build on.

LSU will never hire Jimbo as a head coach

I think Jack DelRio would be the next one..LSU was very close to hiring him before we got Miles
My second choice Craig shiano (rutgers)..long shot 

yes, I retract my statement that LSU would hire Jimbo Fisher. Further investigation reveals he's not held in the high esteem I thought he was down there. I can see Jack Del Rio. I can see Bobby Petrino after the Falcons go 2-14 (sarcasm actually).
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Stella

Quote from: hopefullyapathetic on August 22, 2007, 07:51:53 am
On MSNBC this morning Corso picked LSU to win the division and Alabama to be a close second.  He went on to say that Saban will make Alabama an instant contender and that the West will be ruled by LSU and 'Bama for years to come.  He didn't even mention Arkansas.

Sounds about right as long as Nutt is here!

COCHISE

Quote from: BartIV on August 22, 2007, 08:31:04 am
Corso is ok, but I am more of a Herbshriet guy.  Corso reminds me of a kid with ADD.
But I don't think Corso is wrong in saying that LSU and Alabama will be first and second.  At the end of the day, we don't have a reliable QB.
LSU may not either, everyone expects Flynn to come right in fill the gap left by Russell but Flynn is being hyped up b/c of ONE game, he may not turn out to be the stud that everyone, including Corso, expects.

67Hog

Quote from: Michael_Porkleone on August 22, 2007, 10:32:56 am
I actually enjoy Corso but part of his persona is to taunt fans into disliking him... it's what makes him so popular and helps Gamedays ratings.... which makes it so easy and enjoyable to beat him down:)

I still remember Corso from his Indiana days when he had a turkey lead his team out onto the field.  Not a guy in a turkey suit, or some facsimile of a turkey, but a real, live gobbler.

HoopS

Hey, 60% of our own fans don't like our coach.  Maybe Corso is in that crowd.  Maybe he's read HDN comments before and thought, "what a dork!"

Or maybe he just thinks the teams with better coaching stand the better chance to win.

Or maybe he believes in recruiting rankings.

Or maybe he is just another darksider. 

Or maybe he wants to see us beat LSU before he picks us to beat LSU. 

Tejano Jawg

To quote Mr. Corso: "Wooo pig SOOOOKIE!"
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

forrest city joe

Quote from: hopefullyapathetic on August 22, 2007, 07:51:53 am
On MSNBC this morning Corso picked LSU to win the division and Alabama to be a close second.  He went on to say that Saban will make Alabama an instant contender and that the West will be ruled by LSU and 'Bama for years to come.  He didn't even mention Arkansas.
Corso is right. It's Bama,LSU and AUB. with nutt, we are going no where fast. he stinks as coach. we will never win an sec championship with this guy.NEVER!

Chad In Real Life

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

pigmania

Quote from: BartIV on August 22, 2007, 08:11:24 am
He didn't mention Arkansas because we don't have a reliable QB.  If we just had a average QB, we would be in the top 15.
Also because he knows we have a Dork for a HC.

jry04

Quote from: junkyardhog on August 22, 2007, 08:19:47 am
Dugan will you apologize to corso if he is right. He is not rick S.

it also doesn't mean he's right. it just means he probaly is factoring in Houston's 41-43 record aginst BCS teams more than your comfortable.

he probably doesn't get excited about a 1 year  good season, or a 10w gollowed by a 9w seasons

Especially when we lose Monk,DMAC,Felix,hillis next year

He probably just being silent instead of bringing out the facts.

What if he had added to his comment arkansas is just middle of the pack on average look at Houston's 41-43 record aginst BCS teams and  we lose Monk,DMAC,Felix,hillis next year

Don't hate, debate
First off, we may not lose Felix next year. He may want to stay and be our main back.

Also, what does losing those players have to do with this season? If Corso brought those up as points to help out his statement that Bama and LSU will be the only contenders for the West title than he is dumber than I thought. Last time I checked, losing players after the season doesn't really hurt how the team plays during the season.

Chris

Corso is just being realistic. Sorry all you Nutt colored glasses dreamers, DMAC cannot win every game by himself. Too many questions on defense and Nutt will run the ball 99% of the time. By the time we get to the Kentucky game every opponent will have a complete scouting report on us. Even if Nutt wanted to throw the ball, which he doesn't, he doesn't have anyone to throw with consistent accuracy. Casey Dick has complete tunnel vision to Marcus Monk. That's why he can't play until Monk returns, Casey would be sacked every play frantically searching for Monk!   
Ready for the Hogs to take the next step.

hawgbawb

He's a prick who's on the air for entertainment value only.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Jellohawg

Hey the proof will be in the pudding!!  Game Day boys always slam us... so get over it! d mac WILL MAKE THEM EAT CROW!!!

67Hog

Quote from: FarrelHog on August 22, 2007, 06:50:34 pm
Lee Corso is a drunk

So was Bear Bryant.  Houston Nutt is a Teetotaler. So was Hitler.

Is there a point here?

Table Rocker

what does lee know? he has a baby arm and wears a merkin.

Hawgzilla

Quote from: Chris on August 22, 2007, 07:41:23 pm
Corso is just being realistic. Sorry all you Nutt colored glasses dreamers, DMAC cannot win every game by himself. Too many questions on defense and Nutt will run the ball 99% of the time. By the time we get to the Kentucky game every opponent will have a complete scouting report on us. Even if Nutt wanted to throw the ball, which he doesn't, he doesn't have anyone to throw with consistent accuracy. Casey Dick has complete tunnel vision to Marcus Monk. That's why he can't play until Monk returns, Casey would be sacked every play frantically searching for Monk!  

Man,I thought we were going to run that pro style offence that David Lee brought with him from the Boys.......... ;)

67Hog

Quote from: Table Rocker on August 22, 2007, 08:32:01 pm
what does lee know? he has a baby arm and wears a merkin.

Lee Corso wears a merkin?  You mean a pubic wig?  Is this the level of discussion this esteemed board aspires to?

SkunkyMunky

Quote from: lookinupthehill on August 22, 2007, 08:15:09 am
Quote from: TexasHogfan on August 22, 2007, 08:09:55 am
Corso has a point....look at the coachs!

Okay... Saban I can see, but Miles?  Really?  All he's done is fall nose first into a gold mine.  We should've beaten LSU the past two years.  I see LSU on a slow decline as the players gradually get worse.  LSU finishes a close 2nd to the Hogs in the West with Alabama/Auburn 3rd.  I think by the end of the season NS will have the Tide clicking, but lucky for us we get them early.
No we shouldn't have... I don't even think Florida could have beaten LSU again.
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

whitemeat

Corso is truly just there for color commentary.  You can tell he really doesn't study the teams he talks about.  He is like a glorified politician that tickles the ears of the masses.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.

madjudge

Okay... Saban I can see, but Miles?  Really?  All he's done is fall nose first into a gold mine.  We should've beaten LSU the past two years.  I see LSU on a slow decline as the players gradually get worse.  LSU finishes a close 2nd to the Hogs in the West with Alabama/Auburn 3rd.  I think by the end of the season NS will have the Tide clicking, but lucky for us we get them early.
Shoulda woulda coulda but with HDN no gooda

missippihog

This means LSU will finish dead last and Alabama a close second to last.

Cartoon Man

I'd take Miles over Nutt any day.

taintlint

Ummmmmmmm......Outside of our backfield our team is a joke. I wish them the best. I will be at every LR and Fayetteville game in person and in Baton Rouge.

With that said, do you have to put blinders on to be a "fan".

Guys this team is going to get its ass handed to them several times this season.

We are looking at as few as 3 losses and maybe up to 5 if the Bowl game goes south.

You DO NOT go into Bama, Knoxville, and Baton Rouge with no QB, 5 ft 2" "feel good stories" for wide outs, and a defense that has been raped by the draft and expect to come out alive. Not too mention that Houston has ALWAYS blown games in our own damn house.

Be excited for McFadden but take of the blindfold and be realistic.

whitemeat

Good comment Taintlint.  We need sober evaluations like yours to balance things out.  I see the picture between your view and the sunshine pumpers.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.

missippihog

Quote from: taintlint on August 22, 2007, 09:08:03 pm
Ummmmmmmm......Outside of our backfield our team is a joke. I wish them the best. I will be at every LR and Fayetteville game in person and in Baton Rouge.

Guys this team is going to get its ass handed to them several times this season.

We are looking at as few as 3 losses and maybe up to 5 if the Bowl game goes south.

You DO NOT go into Bama, Knoxville, and Baton Rouge with no QB, 5 ft 2" "feel good stories" for wide outs, and a defense that has been raped by the draft and expect to come out alive. Not too mention that Houston has ALWAYS blown games in our own damn house.

I am sure those players, other than the backfield, who are out there day after day sweating their arses off would appreciate you and your comment. I guess the NFL drafts jokes for football players too because I am pretty sure that players other than our backfield will get drafted. You don't have to like the coach but bashing the players is unacceptable.

taintlint

August 22, 2007, 09:19:23 pm #78 Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 09:21:08 pm by taintlint
Quote from: missippihog on August 22, 2007, 09:13:31 pm

I am sure those players, other than the backfield, who are out there day after day sweating their arses off would appreciate you and your comment. I guess the NFL drafts jokes for football players too because I am pretty sure that players other than our backfield will get drafted. You don't have to like the coach but bashing the players is unacceptable.

Jesus.

I understand gametime is nearing and everyone gets warm fuzzies but look at the topic of the thread.

The thread is taking issue with a lack of respect.

Guess what? Outside of our backfield you are looking at a Sun Belt Champ caliber team or......somewhere in the middle of the SEC.

Keep the blinders on but in the end you are looking at a few losses.

The players you speak of can "sweat their arsess off" all day long but that does not change that there are AT LEAST 4 SEC teams that are also sweating, better coached, and have more talent.

tenhog

No coach, no quarterback, no SEC championship.

taintlint

Quote from: tenhog on August 22, 2007, 09:24:13 pm
No coach, no quarterback, no SEC championship.

No coach, No QB, unproven WR's (to put it nicely), an entire defensive unit that is in the bottom of the SEC in talent. Trips to Baton Rouge, Knoxville, and Bama.

AT LEAST 3 LOSSES

missippihog

Quote from: taintlint on August 22, 2007, 09:19:23 pm

Jesus.

I understand gametime is nearing and everyone gets warm fuzzies but look at the topic of the thread.

Guess what? Outside of our backfield you are looking at a Sun Belt Champ caliber team or......somewhere in the middle of the SEC.

The players you speak of can "sweat their arsess off" all day long but that does not change that there are AT LEAST 4 SEC teams that are also sweating, better coached, and have more talent.

Not as talented maybe but hardly a joke. So how about the ones that will play in the NFL. Are they a joke to you also?

COCHISE

says the man with the Brokeback Mountain avatar.......

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: Tripod1 on August 22, 2007, 11:39:07 am
Quote from: budcampbellfan on August 22, 2007, 09:15:16 am
Corso is like most people/sports fans across the country.  They see Arkansas as an also ran.  Kind of like an Ok St. or Ole Miss.  They never think of us.  As soon as they predict us to do anything we don't come through.  They don't hate us.  It's worse.  They don't consider us at all.

We have only ourselves to blame because we could be a top 10 program.  We have allowed JFB to dupe us for decades.  We are just now starting wake up to what he is and to demand excellence and you see the deeply determined resistance we are getting!

Excellent take on the national media.  You hit the nail on the head.  We are such a non-factor why would they hate us? 

which translates to a win loss record  of 4-0 non conference and 4 - 4 conference , loss in a bowl game , we dont crack the top 25 , nutt keeps his job

taintlint

August 22, 2007, 11:24:25 pm #84 Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 11:26:56 pm by taintlint
Quote from: missippihog on August 22, 2007, 09:32:16 pm

Jesus.

Not as talented maybe but hardly a joke. So how about the ones that will play in the NFL. Are they a joke to you also?

First, I'm not the only one that see's it as a reality that this team is looking at around 3 losses before the bowl and maybe up to 5 after it is all said and done.

We may have a few cupcakes coming through our House's but we also have Auburn coming through too.

Not too mention the dreadful trips to Bama, UT, and LSU.

Do I need to repeat those road games again? Houston winning at Austin 4 years ago and AU last year does not hide his horrible road record.

Now that is just the schedule portion.

As far as talent goes, we will be so overmatched this year it is not even funny. Have you thought about the amount of yardage that will be put up on this defense this year? How many points?!?!?!?

If we remove our heads from DMac's ass for just a second and look at the reality of the matter we will see that this is going to be a very mediocre year.

arkbengal

Quote from: taintlint on August 22, 2007, 11:24:25 pm

Jesus.

First, I'm not the only one that see's it as a reality that this team is looking at around 3 losses before the bowl and maybe up to 5 after it is all said and done.

We may have a few cupcakes coming through our House's but we also have Auburn coming through too.

Do I need to repeat those road games again? Houston winning at Austin 4 years ago and AU last year does not hide his horrible road record.

As far as talent goes, we will be so overmatched this year it is not even funny. Have you thought about the amount of yardage that will be put up on this defense this year? How many points?!?!?!?

If we remove our heads from DMac's ass for just a second and look at the reality of the matter we will see that this is going to be a very mediocre year.

Man, I think you need to call Jay on Hogville Cafe tomorrow (11:00AM -1:00PM; 501-225-9438).

taintlint

Quote from: arkbengal on August 22, 2007, 11:31:52 pm
Quote from: taintlint on August 22, 2007, 11:24:25 pm

Jesus.

Man, I think you need to call Jay on Hogville Cafe tomorrow (11:00AM -1:00PM; 501-225-9438).

Why is that?

hoglady

Quote from: TexasHogfan on August 22, 2007, 08:48:33 am

I know exactly what you mean about Miles!  But seriously, wouldn't you rather have Les Miles than HDN?  Or just about anyone else with the exception of David Lee!

No - Les Miles is no better coach than Houston Nutt - give him 4 years and let's see where LSU is then. With the team he had last year and couldn't even win the West. Then this summer starts spouting off about USC's schedule - don't you think he should just be worried about getting his team ready to play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

taintlint

Quote from: hoglady on August 23, 2007, 12:53:13 am

I know exactly what you mean about Miles!  But seriously, wouldn't you rather have Les Miles than HDN?  Or just about anyone else with the exception of David Lee!

don't you think he should just be worried about getting his team ready to play.

I'm sure you have a responsibility or two in life that you should be tending to right now? What are you doing here? How can you find time to say stuff here when you have responsibilities?

Of course I mean that in a light hearted way. Just wanted to make a point. Les saying what he said in no way interfered with his day planner. He was at a speaking forum and said how he felt. Most agree with him.

Les is 10 times the coach we have and already has a BCS game under his belt. His recruiting is also on par with Saban's. Look at the numbers.

hoggystyle78

Like a poster on here said earlier, respect has to be earned, one 10 win season in 9 years isn't gonna get it done. Arkansas has never been consistently good in the SEC, and with the coaching we have plus the lack of an SEC caliber QB I think Corso is right on the money. We may get lucky and win 8-9 games this year, but starting next year, we'll be rebuilding all over again. Some of you huggers won't get it until it hits you square in the face, and then some will still refuse to believe that Nutt can't get it done. Enjoy this year if you can cause it's gonna go downhill fast, just hide and watch.

hoglady

n
Quote from: taintlint on August 23, 2007, 01:02:53 am
Quote from: hoglady on August 23, 2007, 12:53:13 am

don't you think he should just be worried about getting his team ready to play.

I'm sure you have a responsibility or two in life that you should be tending to right now? What are you doing here? How can you find time to say stuff here when you have responsibilities?

Of course I mean that in a light hearted way. Just wanted to make a point. Les saying what he said in no way interfered with his day planner. He was at a speaking forum and said how he felt. Most agree with him.

Les is 10 times the coach we have and already has a BCS game under his belt. His recruiting is also on par with Saban's. Look at the numbers.

C'mon you know I didn't mean that literally ( it goes to his mindset) - it just didn't seem like that was the time to be concerned about So Cal's schedule. And no everyone didn't agree - he got lambasted on ESPN radio and by Jim Rome over those comments. Most of them were like me, take care of your business then worry about the other. And by the way I love LSU root for them EVERY game except when they play the HOGS
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality