Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lee Corso says.....

Started by hopefullyapathetic, August 22, 2007, 07:51:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefullyapathetic

On MSNBC this morning Corso picked LSU to win the division and Alabama to be a close second.  He went on to say that Saban will make Alabama an instant contender and that the West will be ruled by LSU and 'Bama for years to come.  He didn't even mention Arkansas.

Dugann

Corso a joke.... he only talks about flavor of the month teams and I really do think he hates Arkansas.  Frank must tinkled in his coocoo puffs when he was younger or something.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

UhOhioHog

Corso has a point....look at the coachs!

BartIV

He didn't mention Arkansas because we don't have a reliable QB.  If we just had a average QB, we would be in the top 15.

Dugann

good points you two.... but he dose hate arkansas it seems ....it must be a plot by the FBI I tell ya. hehe
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

lookinupthehill

Quote from: TexasHogfan on August 22, 2007, 08:09:55 am

Okay... Saban I can see, but Miles?  Really?  All he's done is fall nose first into a gold mine.  We should've beaten LSU the past two years.  I see LSU on a slow decline as the players gradually get worse.  LSU finishes a close 2nd to the Hogs in the West with Alabama/Auburn 3rd.  I think by the end of the season NS will have the Tide clicking, but lucky for us we get them early.

The Marmot

Corso has officially jumped the shark.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

ALLVOL

Corso knows so much?! He is comic relief only and let's not forget there is a reason he is behind a mic and not on the sidelines.

junkyardhog

Dugan will you apologize to corso if he is right. He is not rick S.

it also doesn't mean he's right. it just means he probaly is factoring in Houston's 41-43 record aginst BCS teams more than your comfortable.

he probably doesn't get excited about a 1 year  good season, or a 10w gollowed by a 9w seasons

Especially when we lose Monk,DMAC,Felix,hillis next year

He probably just being silent instead of bringing out the facts.

What if he had added to his comment arkansas is just middle of the pack on average look at Houston's 41-43 record aginst BCS teams and  we lose Monk,DMAC,Felix,hillis next year

Don't hate, debate
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

Hawgz4Life

Corso = windbag
I literally have to turn the sound down whenever I play NCAA football. Can't stand to listen to him.

Jim

I don't understand all the hate for Corso.  I seem to recall him putting on the giant Hog mask last year and really getting into it.  Why should he mention a team like Ark that, other than McFadden, really doesn't have too many elements that make us a top tiered team like an LSU or the hype of an Alabama.  Once DMac is outta here, there will be no reason to even bring up Arkansas unless someone like Spurrier comes over and we get a vibrant, non-polluted AD to take over the reigns.

I wouldn't look at it as any kind of slight if we're not mentioned.  I'd expect DMac to be talked about when the Heisman talks are going on but nothing more than that.

Winner

Bama might not get there this year, but I imagine that any sane fan would trade Arkansas' future for either LSU's or Bama's.  In other words, enjoy this year and hope we get the breaks we got in 06.

BartIV

Corso is ok, but I am more of a Herbshriet guy.  Corso reminds me of a kid with ADD.
But I don't think Corso is wrong in saying that LSU and Alabama will be first and second.  At the end of the day, we don't have a reliable QB.

gduchar

corso and herb(i only root for Oh. St. and michigan)streit can both suck it.

LordStanleysHog

wake me when Herbsy says something

booogaga

GO HOGS!

The Marmot

I dont hate Corso... I actually met him in the Indy airport and he's a nice guy. I'm just tired of his shtick. He's the comedy relief of the trio and its gotten old. Plus, I agree with him about LSU, but not Bama.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

casken

August 22, 2007, 08:47:11 am #17 Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 08:49:10 am by casken
Quote from: hopefullyapathetic on August 22, 2007, 07:51:53 am
On MSNBC this morning Corso picked LSU to win the division and Alabama to be a close second.  He went on to say that Saban will make Alabama an instant contender and that the West will be ruled by LSU and 'Bama for years to come.  He didn't even mention Arkansas.

That's good for us.  There is a reason he is an announcer and hasn't coached in several years.  His blessings are often more like curses!

WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

UhOhioHog

Quote from: lookinupthehill on August 22, 2007, 08:15:09 am

Okay... Saban I can see, but Miles?  Really?  All he's done is fall nose first into a gold mine.  We should've beaten LSU the past two years.  I see LSU on a slow decline as the players gradually get worse.  LSU finishes a close 2nd to the Hogs in the West with Alabama/Auburn 3rd.  I think by the end of the season NS will have the Tide clicking, but lucky for us we get them early.

I know exactly what you mean about Miles!  But seriously, wouldn't you rather have Les Miles than HDN?  Or just about anyone else with the exception of David Lee!

casken

Quote from: Jim on August 22, 2007, 08:26:28 am
I don't understand all the hate for Corso.  I seem to recall him putting on the giant Hog mask last year and really getting into it. Why should he mention a team like Ark that, other than McFadden, really doesn't have too many elements that make us a top tiered team like an LSU or the hype of an Alabama.  Once DMac is outta here, there will be no reason to even bring up Arkansas unless someone like Spurrier comes over and we get a vibrant, non-polluted AD to take over the reigns.

I wouldn't look at it as any kind of slight if we're not mentioned.  I'd expect DMac to be talked about when the Heisman talks are going on but nothing more than that.

One of his finer moments.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

cosmodrum

Someone tell Corso that Bama's D line is going to suck monkey butt. Their QB is OK, but who does he have around him? I guess Saban sprinkled magic dust on the team.
Go away, batin'

UhOhioHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 22, 2007, 08:54:06 am
Someone tell Corso that Bama's D line is going to suck monkey butt. Their QB is OK, but who does he have around him? I guess Saban sprinkled magic dust on the team.

Bama's D Line is undersized and their LB's are huge....and relatively slow.  Darren and Felix should run right through and around them.

DeltaBoy

LEE is right aslong as we keep the Nutt as HC.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

abraHAM_lincoln

We have a Heisman Finalist, (Top Returning Candidate), an All American Rimington Candidate at Center, and yet another 1000+ rusher in the backfield..and yet the national types don't even consider us a Serious candidate to win even the SEC West, Much Less the SEC overall, and even Less contend for the BCS.

Obviously 10 years ago we expected to be somewhere in the mix...but hey..when you have a segment of Fans, and those with the power having such LOW Standards...then you end up with Nutt..and have to listen to them sing praises of the "Almighty God of the Worthless Moral Victory."

budcampbellfan

August 22, 2007, 09:15:16 am #24 Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 09:37:05 am by budcampbellfan
Corso is like most people/sports fans across the country.  They see Arkansas as an also ran.  Kind of like an Ok St. or Ole Miss.  They never think of us.  As soon as they predict us to do anything we don't come through.  They don't hate us.  It's worse.  They don't consider us at all.

We have only ourselves to blame because we could be a top 10 program.  We have allowed JFB to dupe us for decades.  We are just now starting wake up to what he is and to demand excellence and you see the deeply determined resistence we are getting!
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

DCimport

No Depth and Coaching = 3rd place

ALLVOL

Quote from: junkyardhog on August 22, 2007, 08:19:47 am
Dugan will you apologize to corso if he is right. He is not rick S.

it also doesn't mean he's right. it just means he probaly is factoring in Houston's 41-43 record aginst BCS teams more than your comfortable.

he probably doesn't get excited about a 1 year  good season, or a 10w gollowed by a 9w seasons

Especially when we lose Monk,DMAC,Felix,hillis next year

He probably just being silent instead of bringing out the facts.

What if he had added to his comment arkansas is just middle of the pack on average look at Houston's 41-43 record aginst BCS teams and  we lose Monk,DMAC,Felix,hillis next year

Don't hate, debate
I don't hate the guy. I just stated that he is on the show for comic relief. He is the Barney Fife of the show.

cityhog

Lee Corso has become the Dick Vitale of college football.  That's how much he annoys me.

EastexHawg

I agree with Corso's prediction.  LSU is the clear favorite to win the West.  Saban will get the most out of Bama this year, and I think they have a good chance to finish second.  Auburn and the Hogs are in the mix.  I see Auburn, Bama, and Arkansas fighting to finish second through fourth, and I wouldn't bet ten cents on any of them beating out the other two.

We all keep talking about how Bama's defense is going to suck this year...but what about our own?  We lost Olajabutu, Chris Houston, Keith Jackson, Jr., and Jamal Anderson off a defense that gave up 50 to USC, 33 to LSU, and 38 to Florida.  Heck, go ahead and throw in the Wisconsin game and we still gave up an average of 35 ppg to the four top ranked teams we played.

We caught Auburn with a QB who couldn't move because of two bad ankles, and Tennessee with a freshman QB who was downright terrible in a game in which he was making his first start.  South Carolina moved the ball at will on us in the second half once they changed QBs, and only Shula's typical idiocy kept Alabama's offense at bay.

Even Vanderbilt put up 364 total yards...AND RUSHED FOR 240 YARDS...against our defense.

Ask yourselves who our starters in the defensive backfield and at the linebacker positions are, then consider how many of them have proven they can play at the SEC level at their current positions...then tell us all why you think our defense is going to be any better than anyone else's.

rzrbckfan426

Quote from: TexasHogfan on August 22, 2007, 08:48:33 am

I know exactly what you mean about Miles!  But seriously, wouldn't you rather have Les Miles than HDN?  Or just about anyone else with the exception of David Lee!

As their players get worse??!  This is their recruiting classes for the last couple year with Miles
Year Rank  Team  Total *   5*  4*  3*  Avg *
2007: 4       LSU     26       2   19   5    3.88
2006: 7       LSU     25       2   12  11    3.64

I don't see these players getting worse

MuskogeeHogFan

It's going to be tough winning the west when we lose 4 games this year. As for Miles, he will be at LSU until the Michigan job opens up, THAT is his dream job and I understand that he has that clause for departure in his contract, just as he did at OSU.
Go Hogs Go!

abraHAM_lincoln

Preseason predictions usually aren't too accurate...

...but what it does show is respect...and in Nutt's 10th year..we don't have much.

Michael_Porkleone

Corso is a clown.... and we will deal with him soon:)

whostolemyhogs

Quote from: Michael_Porkleone on August 22, 2007, 10:18:55 am
Corso didn't mention Arkansas because he knows the history of the program. So we jumped up and had a rare 10 win season last year. Does that automatically put us ahead of LSU and Alabama this year ? As a Hog fan I'll get mad at Corso when he overlooks us without a good reason, like when we have a new coach who really is a winner and a fighter.

biggiepiggie

Quote from: Jim on August 22, 2007, 08:26:28 am
I don't understand all the hate for Corso.  I seem to recall him putting on the giant Hog mask last year and really getting into it.  Why should he mention a team like Ark that, other than McFadden, really doesn't have too many elements that make us a top tiered team like an LSU or the hype of an Alabama.  Once DMac is outta here, there will be no reason to even bring up Arkansas unless someone like Spurrier comes over and we get a vibrant, non-polluted AD to take over the reigns.

On game day he said we were the best team in the SEC.

Michael_Porkleone

Quote from: whostolemyhogs on August 22, 2007, 10:23:49 am
Quote from: Michael_Porkleone on August 22, 2007, 10:18:55 am
Corso didn't mention Arkansas because he knows the history of the program. So we jumped up and had a rare 10 win season last year. Does that automatically put us ahead of LSU and Alabama this year ? As a Hog fan I'll get mad at Corso when he overlooks us without a good reason, like when we have a new coach who really is a winner and a fighter.

Ahead of LSU... not necessarily......Alabama...yes.

Michael_Porkleone

I actually enjoy Corso but part of his persona is to taunt fans into disliking him... it's what makes him so popular and helps Gamedays ratings.... which makes it so easy and enjoyable to beat him down:)

lookinupthehill

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on August 22, 2007, 09:37:47 am
Quote from: TexasHogfan on August 22, 2007, 08:48:33 am

As their players get worse??!  This is their recruiting classes for the last couple year with Miles
Year Rank  Team  Total *   5*  4*  3*  Avg *
2007: 4       LSU     26       2   19   5    3.88
2006: 7       LSU     25       2   12  11    3.64

I don't see these players getting worse

I didn't say his players were worse already, I said as his players get worse.  I don't see Les as anything close to Saban as a recruiter, which means "his" assistants and the remaining Saban players are bringing in the goods.  As Saban's gold runs out, you will see the incoming talent decline.  Mark it down.  And this is not to mention that NS could probably still walk into just about any school in Louisiana and get their stars to come to Tuscaloosa.  I guarantee he still has tons of pull in that state for what he built.  Even if he's at a different school now.

tigerLSU

LMAO

Yeah Miles is suking so bad at recruiting..last year's recruiting was bad

we lost all the good players that Saban had
Sky is falling

;)

Michael_Porkleone

I have a feeling that Miles will have a rather short stay at LSU..... it's just a gut feeling.    Not that Saban was Mr Personality but I think that the fans will have little patience for him if he falls short of expectations... which I think will happen this year. They lose 2 games minimum.

lookinupthehill

Quote from: tigerLSU on August 22, 2007, 10:47:57 am

LMAO

Yeah Miles is suking so bad at recruiting..last year's recruiting was bad

we lost all the good players that Saban had
Sky is falling

;)

Well, it's good to see Arkansas isn't the only fanbase with a small percentage of delusional fans hopelessly supporting a less than popular coach.  :D

Jim Harris

Quote from: hopefullyapathetic on August 22, 2007, 07:51:53 am

he's not always right, in fact he's right maybe half the time at best, sometimes below half the time, but he may be right on this. Saban will probably go 7-5 with this year's team, but Alabama and LSU will be dominating the West soon enough, while Auburn's headed for a fall, which is why I think Tuberville wants out soon, but that's another story. So, in this case, I'd say Lee was half-right. But mostly I think he's a half-wit.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: Michael_Porkleone on August 22, 2007, 11:10:16 am
I have a feeling that Miles will have a rather short stay at LSU..... it's just a gut feeling.    Not that Saban was Mr Personality but I think that the fans will have little patience for him if he falls short of expectations... which I think will happen this year. They lose 2 games minimum.

Les Miles will be the coach at Michigan in 2008, no matter what he accomplishes this season at LSU (which, I believe, will be a great one for the Tigers nonetheless). LSU will hire back Jimbo Fisher as head coach and he'll be left with an awesome amount of talent to build on.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: Dugann on August 22, 2007, 08:13:29 am
good points you two.... but he dose hate arkansas it seems ....it must be a plot by the FBI I tell ya. hehe

Lee doesn't hate Arkansas, he just still vividly remembers when he picked Arkansas to beat Miami in Little Rock back in 1987, then watched as Arkansas looked like Clinton High against Miami.

darkhogfan

This is the bottom line:  respect is earned.  Not given but earned.  Arkansas is seen as having a decent team, but not as a contender year in and year out.  Want that respect?  Report for duty Sep.1 against Troy.  That's where the road to respect starts.  Prove that Arkansas was no fluke last year and they can be a contender.
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

hogsrock

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 22, 2007, 09:35:00 am
I agree with Corso's prediction.  LSU is the clear favorite to win the West.  Saban will get the most out of Bama this year, and I think they have a good chance to finish second.  Auburn and the Hogs are in the mix.  I see Auburn, Bama, and Arkansas fighting to finish second through fourth, and I wouldn't bet ten cents on any of them beating out the other two.

We all keep talking about how Bama's defense is going to suck this year...but what about our own?  We lost Olajabutu, Chris Houston, Keith Jackson, Jr., and Jamal Anderson off a defense that gave up 50 to USC, 33 to LSU, and 38 to Florida.  Heck, go ahead and throw in the Wisconsin game and we still gave up an average of 35 ppg to the four top ranked teams we played.

We caught Auburn with a QB who couldn't move because of two bad ankles, and Tennessee with a freshman QB who was downright terrible in a game in which he was making his first start.  South Carolina moved the ball at will on us in the second half once they changed QBs, and only Shula's typical idiocy kept Alabama's offense at bay.

Even Vanderbilt put up 364 total yards...AND RUSHED FOR 240 YARDS...against our defense.

Ask yourselves who our starters in the defensive backfield and at the linebacker positions are, then consider how many of them have proven they can play at the SEC level at their current positions...then tell us all why you think our defense is going to be any better than anyone else's.

This is one post that really makes sense and just tells it like it is.
"It's easy to fix mistakes if the exposed flaws are unusual.  But when these flaws are fundamental weaknesses that haven't been corrected for years the idea that a problem may be too serious to correct is sobering."  Bacon

Tripod1

Quote from: budcampbellfan on August 22, 2007, 09:15:16 am
Corso is like most people/sports fans across the country.  They see Arkansas as an also ran.  Kind of like an Ok St. or Ole Miss.  They never think of us.  As soon as they predict us to do anything we don't come through.  They don't hate us.  It's worse.  They don't consider us at all.

We have only ourselves to blame because we could be a top 10 program.  We have allowed JFB to dupe us for decades.  We are just now starting wake up to what he is and to demand excellence and you see the deeply determined resistence we are getting!

Excellent take on the national media.  You hit the nail on the head.  We are such a non-factor why would they hate us? 

weresoclose

August 22, 2007, 11:43:59 am #47 Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 11:50:54 am by weresoclose

tigerLSU

Miles is going to michigan after this season

tigerLSU

Quote from: drakehog on August 22, 2007, 11:17:48 am

Les Miles will be the coach at Michigan in 2008, no matter what he accomplishes this season at LSU (which, I believe, will be a great one for the Tigers nonetheless). LSU will hire back Jimbo Fisher as head coach and he'll be left with an awesome amount of talent to build on.

LSU will never hire Jimbo as a head coach

I think Jack DelRio would be the next one..LSU was very close to hiring him before we got Miles
My second choice Craig shiano (rutgers)..long shot