Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heard Georgia Head Coach M. Richt

Started by hogman64, August 19, 2007, 05:55:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Le Hogtre on August 19, 2007, 07:15:14 pm
Didn't Richt lose to Vandy (at home) last year?
Didn't HDN loss to Vandy (at home) year before last? If that was an excuse to get rid of a coach HDN should be long gone.
Pittman or Bust!

hogman64

Quote from: BeoPig on August 19, 2007, 10:55:16 pm
Quote from: hogman64 on August 19, 2007, 05:55:08 pm
being interviewed on Sporting News Radio today.......Part of the interview centered on how he handled his freshman QB, Mathew Stafford, last year.  Never, ever , ever would he have benched Stafford after starting 7 winning games and basically not let him see the field again for 4 games.  Hearing a Coach like Richt just reminds me of how stupid, vindictive and petty  our coach is......

For those of you that want to say move on, Mustain is goine......This post is about the stupidity of Nutt not Mitch and Nutt is still here.
What kind of crazy leader puts his job security ahead of one player???  Oh yeah, they all do.  I want Nutt gone but this arguement is just silly.  His job was on the line and everyone knew it.  Richt did not have that worry.  He did what he thought he had to, to win.  That is smart.  MM was floundering against the SEC.  CD did not do much better but that was a risk he took.  Easy to call a man out when you have nothing to lose.

I am not arguing MM being pulled when he was against SC .. I am arguing what happened after that.  No good coach would have made a freshman with the potential MM had feel isolated like Nutt did... He did that because he was petty and spiteful toward MM. He put his hurt ego above the Arkansas program.  He literally ran off a player that had great potential because of his juvenile jealousness..........I am not even arguing CD playing the rest of the game at SC.   What I do think shows Nutt's ineptness as a coach was basically leaving MM on the bench for the next 4 games.......for much of those 4 games Dick could not have looked worse, yet he kept trotting out there possession after possession with MM sitting the bench, getting no encouragement whatsoever from his coach......It was pathetic and the point of  my original point was M. Richt would never have handled a similar situation like that.  He is too good a coach to do that.

SteelShot

Quote from: TransAmHawg on August 19, 2007, 06:18:58 pm
Yeah but does Richt have an SEC west championship ring?

I thought not, carry on.

LMAO, +1
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

cbjagman

Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 20, 2007, 12:46:45 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 20, 2007, 11:18:54 am
Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 20, 2007, 10:13:59 am
Quote from: Albert Einswine on August 19, 2007, 10:19:58 pm
Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 19, 2007, 09:40:46 pm
Mustain should have been pulled at South Carolina...that was the right decision. 

After 3 plays?    Care to appy the same logic to the LSU game?

Yes, after 3 plays.  Go back and watch that first pass MM threw.  It was possibly, I'm serious here, the worst D1 football pass I've ever seen.  It was horrible...

You must have missed the Pete Burks, Robert Johnson, Peanut Adams days here at Arkansas.

Quote from: stevenwayneslane on August 20, 2007, 11:08:50 am
NO coach in his right mind would have pulled a kid who one seven games like that. Look some kids are just winners. That is the bottom line. Mustain has only lost two games in his whole football carreer. That is HS,JH, and college ball. One of the two games that he lost he broke his arm in two places. Any other coach that pulled the redshirt off a kid like that would have stuck with him out of respect for the kid and what he gave up for the team hiself.

I could't disagree with you more.  I think you are absolutely crazy...you're literally dilusional...if you think MM won those 7 games.  We won in spite of his play...be honest, we won because we had a good O-line and the most lethal backfield in all of college football.  Mustain was along for the ride.  I'm not knocking the kid...he has great potential and he showed flashes of brilliance...but he was a true freshman, playing in the SEC and it definetly showed.  He played like absolute crap against Alabama...it was a miracle we won that game.  And the interception he threw against South Carolina was an example of some of the worst QB play I've ever seen.  He telegraphed his pass for about 5 seconds and threw it straight into the gut of the USC defender.  Pulling him was the right decision.

As for your comment about loyalty, you need to wake up.  You don't play a kid out of loyalty, you play the person who will give you the best chance to win.  Period.
I agree that the throw that Mitch made early in the South Carolina game was definitely not a good play. However, if we're going to pick one game then let's go over to ole "fireball" Casey against LSU. Now what were his stats in that game? I rest my case.

wbs gurl

I thought not, carry on.

SEC West ring?  Oh you mean the ring that signifies that we DIDN'T win the SEC Championship?

wholehog92

Quote from: CabotHog on August 19, 2007, 10:24:35 pm
Quote from: jdlew on August 19, 2007, 10:08:28 pm
MM called his coach a dork and wanted him fired (in a book no less)....since when is this ok....... If the qb at Ga was silly enough to do that....he may have found his way to the bench.......

Mustain didn't call his coach a dork. He called Nutt a dork. Gus was his coach when those comments were made.

When the timeline is further examined, Nutt was indeed being a dork at the exact time in question.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

HoopHog

I thought not, carry on.

No...not yet.  But, he does have an SEC Championship ring.  Ironically, he does not wear his SEC Championship ring, yet Nutt wears his SEC west ring like he just won a national championship.  Rock on Mark Richt,...for being a REAL college football coach.

bucknasty

Quote from: hawgalujah on August 19, 2007, 07:27:24 pm
Quote from: bfosh on August 19, 2007, 06:26:09 pm
I didn't hear the interview and can't say I agree with how the qb situation was handled, but also seems like Georgia knew they were out of the SEC East chase at a certain point, so it was a little easier to stick with your talented freshman and get him the experience moreso than living down by down on a title chase.

HOW THE HECK HARD IS IT TO STICK WITH A GUY THAT HASN'T LOST?

Caps intended!

This is the same Nutt that wasted the first series of every game by starting Ryan Sorahan over Matt Jones just because we seemed to win games that way.  It seems Nutt would think superstition was on his side with a QB that was 8-0.  Guess not.

PigWig

August 20, 2007, 04:08:40 pm #58 Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 04:15:00 pm by PigWig
He was also interviewed on ESPN Radio Saturday around noon and said he looked for Arkansas to be the team to surprise everyone and win the SEC West.