Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whoever the lead recruiter on Winston Guy is needs to crank it back up

Started by WizardofhOgZ, August 19, 2007, 11:43:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgballz

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 19, 2007, 11:43:46 am
. . . and start "showing the love" again.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070819/SPORTS11/708190572/1002/SPORTS

I have read other articles by less biased writers and he seems pretty strong to Arkansas, but we need to keep an eye on the situation.  I hear he and D'Anthoy Curtis have developed a pretty good relationship.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 19, 2007, 11:52:23 am

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070819/SPORTS11/708190572/1002/SPORTS

I have read other articles by less biased writers and he seems pretty strong to Arkansas, but we need to keep an eye on the situation.  I hear he and D'Anthoy Curtis have developed a pretty good relationship.

Well, I'm not hitting the "panic button" yet, but we've seen this song before; in fact, we've been on both sides of it (remember D. Williams and B. Cleveland 2 years ago).  Big time recruit makes a commitment in the summer to an out of town school, but the local school keeps recruiting them and they face  mos. of intense hometown prodding to switch to the local school.

It bears watching.  I'd hate to lose this kid.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jackflash

you new somebody would come after him. If the season goes as expected most recruit will stay. 

Hugehogsfan

I certainly hope that whoever is the coach that is recruiting him, calls him right now or if we are in some type of dead period, that he is blowing up his phone after that is over.  The kid is getting all sorts of great press and we really need to hold onto him.

ntubjr

Wu Tang Clan

Unfortunately  Winston Guy's new rating has created buzz and the big schools who he was interested in before will come in.  I believe this is a situation where the biggest school that was recruiting the hardest and showing him the most love was Arkansas and he chose to commit before the season starts.  He said early on in the process he was interested in schools like Florida and Florida St. but would commit to Arkansas if they did not come through with offers and increase their interest in him.  I saw this coming.  When he decommits you can not blame Arkansas coaching staff because they have recruited him the hardest and gave him the most attention. 

Wingo Hog

mbgrulz

maybe if we thrash KY pretty severe this year, it'll reassure him that this is the place to be.

Hawgballz

Quote from: mbgrulz on August 20, 2007, 06:22:08 am
maybe if we thrash KY pretty severe this year, it'll reassure him that this is the place to be.

I don't think Kentucky is our real competition here.  If we win this year in Georgia, we won't have to worry about losing any recruits.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

TMc

Said he's a solid commit per Dudley.  He got a text from him in the last day or 2.

songofthesword

wear to god morst schools probably use rivals more than we do

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

rzrbcks2120

Guy: "But I am still open to everybody." Uhh, then why did he commit?

TX HOG

Albert Einswine

Quote from: D-MAC#5 FAN on August 20, 2007, 01:59:11 am
Why did he even commit if hes still ''open to everybody''? ??? ???

Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on August 20, 2007, 08:02:28 pm

Because commit doesn't exactly mean in the 21st century what it used to mean.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

staffhog

LR Hog

It is way too early to be worrying about any of commits actually ending up here.  This doesn't surprise me one bit.
Like a boss.

Kevin Bacon

Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on August 20, 2007, 08:02:28 pm

See the Kentucky paper in which it was written.

The_Bionic_Pig

That article is much to do about nothing if he isn't lying Dudley whom called him concerning that article a few days ago.   ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*