Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC fans must not know much about football.

Started by TulsaHogFan, August 18, 2007, 04:43:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Hawg Buff

Quote from: kennedy on August 18, 2007, 07:29:07 pm
Big Deal...you got it.

Very astute I must say.

There are other USC "real" posters that have noticed that and said so on other boards.

Familiar names indeed.

kennedy...do you think Houston regrets losing Mitch Mustain?

jabohog

Quote from: Lady Hawg Buff on August 18, 2007, 08:13:29 pm
Big Deal...you got it.

Very astute I must say.

There are other USC "real" posters that have noticed that and said so on other boards.

Familiar names indeed.

kennedy...do you think Houston regrets losing Mitch Mustain?
Not yet!

gohawgsgo

Quote from: minister on August 18, 2007, 06:44:01 pm
It could remind us of Troy Aikman going from OU to UCLA. We know how his story ended.

I wish our story would end the same too.  OU won a national title with a guy named Jamel Holloway.  I thought Mitch would be our version of Peyton Manning.  Think he might could have been.  I think Mitch was screwed at Arkansas by many adults and Nutt was a patsy and a scapegoat in this particular deal.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 18, 2007, 09:27:18 pm
It could remind us of Troy Aikman going from OU to UCLA. We know how his story ended.

I wish our story would end the same too.  OU won a national title with a guy named Jamel Holloway.  I thought Mitch would be our version of Peyton Manning.  Think he might could have been.  I think Mitch was screwed at Arkansas by many adults and Nutt was a patsy and a scapegoat in this particular deal.

Nutt the patsy and scapegoat? I would love to hear your foundation for that.
Go Hogs Go!

JD Hogg

Big Deal...you got it.

Very astute I must say.

Familiar names indeed.

I think you and your big dealdo friend are reaching. ;)  I understand you don't want it to be true, but, that doesn't make it untrue.

macgyver hawg

Quote from: CallMeHog on August 18, 2007, 06:57:44 pm
You have to remember that Arkansas lost nothing by Mitch transferring because under Nutt and Nutt's system he would have performed no better than the Dick brothers. The lost is that Nutt was not fired and Butch Davis hired. As long as Nutt is here not having Mitch is a non-factor in how the Hogs run the offense.

Basically every QB looked the same in his passing offense.
T-Jack, Jones, RJ, Dick, MM, Zak Clark, Hampton, etc.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 18, 2007, 04:43:01 pm
www.insidesocal.com/usc/archives/2007/08/stat_of_the_nig_1.html#comments

I mean come on, I have heard from a ton of people on here that MM will never even see the field.  Yet these people are saying he could be looking at starting?  You gotta be kidding me.
[/sarcasm]

You can really tell a lot from a quaterback who throws 3 passes in a scrimmage. 

Btw, Go get em Mitch.

kennedy

Not reaching...

and no Lady....I don't think he does.

My opinion only.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 18, 2007, 09:41:12 pm
Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 18, 2007, 09:27:18 pm

Nutt the patsy and scapegoat? I would love to hear your foundation for that.

I think Mitch wanted to be a Hog and I think people close to him always thought he was too good to be a Hog.  I think Mitch was somewhat of a loner like many great ones and I think people close to him didn't allow many of the coaches to help him by undermining them behind the scenes.  I think Mitch wanted to be a Hog and I sure wanted him to be one and he would have been much better off to get away from those people and played out of state for the get go.  Mitch had no chance to develop a relationship with his teammates and Coach Nutt from the very beginning and I don't believe it his fault or Coach Nutt's. 

TulsaHogFan

Wu Tang, Mitch's first series for the Hogs told me all I needed to know about Mitch.  And he only threw 2 passed.

They said he looked great.  I believe them.

That's all I need to know.

He is better off now and I wish him the best.  To both him and his mother.  The BAC got what they wanted.  Mitch, Damian, Norman, and Gus are all gone, why do they still care to attack them?

I have a feeling we will see a lot more from Mitch.  One year till the competition for playing time really starts.

albafish

So happy for Mitch.  It sickens me that he is a Trojan.  When he was here from here.   USC is just as excited as we were this time last year.  DumbNUTTS just blew it.  Makes me sick!  Here we are a couple of weeks away from game time and I don't believe there is much confidence in our QB situation.

Go Mitch I will support you as a player.  Just not as a trojan.  Good luck

razorback3072

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 18, 2007, 10:11:43 pm
Wu Tang, Mitch's first series for the Hogs told me all I needed to know about Mitch.  And he only threw 2 passed.

He is better off now and I wish him the best.  To both him and his mother.  The BAC got what they wanted.  Mitch, Damian, Norman, and Gus are all gone, why do they still care to attack them?

I have a feeling we will see a lot more from Mitch.  One year till the competition for playing time really starts.

They also weren't just talking about his performance in the scrimmage.  they were referring to his practice performances also.  The fact that they were talking about Sanchez giving Booty a run for the starting job this year and are now talking about MM beating out Sanchez next year tells me all I need to know about how he's doing.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

kennedy

From an article I read....MM has not gotten many practice reps at all.(PC himself said this) Just this last week...Sanchez broke his thumb....that is why he has gotten more lately.

In the first scrimmage...last Sunday...MM did not even get in the game. He was quoted as saying he understood because they have so many QB's right now.

He did well in the 2nd scrimmage. I'm glad for him.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Best of luck MM.  Hate it that you have left, but very glad to see you are being appreciated where you are now.  HDN is a dork, but then a lot of us new that already.
Let's make some waves.

BigDeal

Quote from: JD Hogg on August 18, 2007, 09:46:48 pm
Big Deal...you got it.

Very astute I must say.

Familiar names indeed.

I think you and your big dealdo friend are reaching. ;)  I understand you don't want it to be true, but, that doesn't make it untrue.

You are wrong. On both accounts. I want him to have a great career. However, I know a fraud (posts on that blog) when I see one.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: BigDeal on August 18, 2007, 06:34:06 pm
I'm 100% behind MM and hoping he has a great career.
Having said that, I smell a rat on that blog you linked over. MM can't even play this year. Why would there be so much discussion about him like that now ? I think those "posters" over there, would have familiar names on this board.

TY. I thought I was the only one who noticed that.  3-3 and he's America's QB.  I support all Arkansas players regardless of were they play.  I have not seen America's QB in MM.  But he has alot better coaching now..lets wait to 2008 before we crown him.

jodygaston

Quote from: bigrod155 on August 18, 2007, 10:58:45 pm
Quote from: BigDeal on August 18, 2007, 06:34:06 pm
I'm 100% behind MM and hoping he has a great career.
Having said that, I smell a rat on that blog you linked over. MM can't even play this year. Why would there be so much discussion about him like that now ? I think those "posters" over there, would have familiar names on this board.

TY. I thought I was the only one who noticed that.  3-3 and he's America's QB.  I support all Arkansas players regardless of were they play.  I have not seen America's QB in MM.  But he has alot better coaching now..lets wait to 2008 before we crown him.

Smell a rat?  What does that mean?  An entire thread was faked on the USC board?  Not likely.

As for Mitch, I am witholding judgment on whether he is a) the messiah snubbed, b) a good college q-b or c) would have been a starter at the U of A but will be a career back up at USC.  Whaterver the result, I guarantee that his NFL prospect went up at least 300% leaving HDN for Pete

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 18, 2007, 10:11:43 pm

Then he turned around and threw a terrible pass that was picked off.  It is obvious he has all the tools to become a good quaterback and he may or may not become that.  But he will not beat out Mark Sanchez next year.  He may get some mop up time but there will not be a qb  competition at USC next year.  This is an unbiased opinion, because I don't care one way or the other about the latest rumor or any other useless bs that goes on at the U of A.  All the gossiping and checking of e-mail records is extremely feminine.  Old women gossip.

Hog in MO

I'm definitely happy for Mitch, but forgive me if I don't do cartwheels.  Reading that blog just nauseates me. 

porkurina

Wu Tang Clan, You need to read some USC boards and newspapers.  Not many of them think Sanchez is very good.  It started last spring and has continued this fall.  His stats and practice have not been up to par. They think he will transfer.  If your opinion is unbaised where are you getting your info.

Hollywood_HOGan45

oh what could have been.

screw you houston nutt!!

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

Quote from: 93hog on August 18, 2007, 05:57:43 pm
Kind of makes you sick reading how they are so pumped about Mitch as a qb and he can't even play till 2008.  And then, you read our message board and I don't see anybody jumping up and down singing the praises of any of our qb's.  Just makes you sick.

I hear ya, when will we all be able to feel like this:

I was also at the Patron's Dinner. Not only was that the best dinner I have ever had at an SC athletic event (not too difficult if you have ever been to any pre-game lunches!), but the enthusiasm I saw displayed for Mitch Mustain among the alumni was infectious. I am so excited by this boy, I can hardly contain myself today.
Mitch is very consistent and has the best arm I have seen in a long time. He is fast and reads defenses as well as any QB I have ever seen at the college level.
I made some new alumni friends last night and we all saw that the Trojans are in great hands next year when Mitch starts for us. To see him an entire year before the rest of the country sees him make his debut for USC was quite a thrill for all the alumni in attendance.
Pete Carroll was as enthusiastic and gracious as ever to all the alumni at the dinner and I now see what he saw when he recruited Mitch several months ago. A talent like this comes along once in a generation and I am so enthused he chose to become a Trojan.
The Trojan football program is in great hands next year with Pete Carroll and Mitch Mustain leading us. We should all be very proud of what lies ahead for us and enjoy these glory days while we can.
If you can make it to the public scrimmage next week, do yourself a favor and go see Mitch a year before he can play in a game. You will not be disappointed.

Well, we all know the anser to that question....

hoggystyle78

Way to go Mitch!, I hope before he leaves SC he wins back to back NCs and a Heisman. Dale you're a schitt stain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hook 'em Hogs

I'm buying the hype that USC fans are having for Mitch--I think that many on this board, future darksiders and huggers alike posted many very positive things about Mitch before he ever stepped foot on campus.  They're excited!

I'm selling the thoughts that Mitch wouldn't have amounted much as long as he was a hog and that the hogs wouldn't have benefited much either.  I really think Casey Dick's going to have a pretty good year, I believe that with all of my heart--he's a junior.  We could have had Mitch back as a sophomore!  I know his stats, passes/incompletes/td's/int's, and W/L's.  I'll tell you this, I sat on the 40 yard line and watched him throw a TD pass to Cleveland against Alabama to win a BIG football game.  That was an incredible pass, he threw like 3 interceptions in that game, but in the end got it done.  Houston seemed pretty excited after that game too.  Mustain's a winner, I wish we had him, he would improve, we would improve, but he did the right thing, and I expect to see him leading out the pre-season #1's for the 2008-9 football season next year.

Congrats Mitch.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 50/50HogFan on August 19, 2007, 12:29:30 am
I'm buying the hype that USC fans are having for Mitch--I think that many on this board, future darksiders and huggers alike posted many very positive things about Mitch before he ever stepped foot on campus.  They're excited!

I'm selling the thoughts that Mitch wouldn't have amounted much as long as he was a hog and that the hogs wouldn't have benefited much either.  I really think Casey Dick's going to have a pretty good year, I believe that with all of my heart--he's a junior.  We could have had Mitch back as a sophomore!  I know his stats, passes/incompletes/td's/int's, and W/L's.  I'll tell you this, I sat on the 40 yard line and watched him throw a TD pass to Cleveland against Alabama to win a BIG football game.  That was an incredible pass, he threw like 3 interceptions in that game, but in the end got it done.  Houston seemed pretty excited after that game too.  Mustain's a winner, I wish we had him, he would improve, we would improve, but he did the right thing, and I expect to see him leading out the pre-season #1's for the 2008-9 football season next year.

Congrats Mitch.

He will serve USC well, and they will do the same for him........provided he can live through the traffic jams of SoCal.........and they are EVERYWHERE! :)
Go Hogs Go!

hawaiianhogster

For me, I don't even know Mitch personally, this is exciting news. I'm happy as heck he will have a chance to shine on a national stage. I knew he had what it takes and I still believe he will lead the best team in America to another NC and win. I can't wait to see him play Hawaii in Hawaii 2010 if he's still there. You go Mitch. FIGHT ON!!!!

P.S. Houston please find another job somewhere else.

jcam61

Man...   If only our offensive coordinator would've utilized Mitch like he should have.   He was too busy accepting mediocrity I guess...   :puke:

bythelake

Quote from: swisshog on August 18, 2007, 04:45:55 pm
Quote:

I was at the scrimmage at the Coliseum last night as part of the Patron's Party, which consisted of about 350-450 influential alumni that were being wined and dined by the athletic department. The general curiosity among the guests for Mitch Mustain turned into being completely impressed. Everyone just talked about young Mr Mustain and his fabulous performance.

Mr Mustain is the future of the USC football program and never was there a better time for him to put on such an impressive performance as last night for the Patron's Party. Simply stunning! I cannot say enough how everyone in attendance was impressed by him. I want to thank Coach Carroll for bring this young man to USC. We all now expect great things from him next year when he gets to start for the Trojans. He is a Heisman Trophy caliber player and I am proud to say that I saw his debut as a Trojan in person.

That is the funniest thing that I have seen in a while. HaaaaaHaaaaHaaa.  Did you dance with the princess too?

Scott E.

Amazing what a level playing field and quality coaching will do for you.

TulsaHogFan

HangTenHog

Anyone else get the gut feeling we're going to have a curse like the curse of the Bambino? It took the Red Sox a long time to break that curse as the Yankees piled win upon win.

Never mind...our curse will last until the nutts get castrated.

AFWarrior83

I'm happy for him, hopefully he will excel at USC.  The Hogs will be fine, but it does hurt.
Hogville member since 2005.

Boarcephus

Here's the quote from Pete Carroll after being ranked #1 in the AP football poll in todays paper, "It's exactly where we hope and expect to be.  It's a smybol  of what we're all about".

Now let's compare that to Nutt's "Please don't pick up first" quote.  Those two quotes define the men and their programs.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

arkfanchip

Quote from: razorsox on August 18, 2007, 08:04:30 pm
Quote from: arkfanchip on August 18, 2007, 07:17:27 pm
Lets at least see him on the field before we all start talking about a heisman.  One scrimmage isn't playing at Cal, Nebraska, or ND.  I think he will do fine but lets not count our chicks before the eggs hatch. 

We've seen him and the field and he didn't lose a game.  Heisman stats, no.  The most important thing is walking away with the W, which is what he managed to contribute to perfectly.

Yea we did see him on the field against Utah State, Vandy, Alabama, Auburn, Monroe, Semo, and Ole Miss.  Not excately murders row.  I don't know this for sure but I'd be willing to put my next two paychecks on it that he would not have been undefeated if he would have played Tenn, LSU, Florida, and Wisconsin

snortyann

Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building, but Mitch Mustain can be seen on ESPN in 2008.

Hogphilia

Quote from: swisshog on August 18, 2007, 04:45:55 pm
Quote:

I was at the scrimmage at the Coliseum last night as part of the Patron's Party, which consisted of about 350-450 influential alumni that were being wined and dined by the athletic department. The general curiosity among the guests for Mitch Mustain turned into being completely impressed. Everyone just talked about young Mr Mustain and his fabulous performance.

Mr Mustain is the future of the USC football program and never was there a better time for him to put on such an impressive performance as last night for the Patron's Party. Simply stunning! I cannot say enough how everyone in attendance was impressed by him. I want to thank Coach Carroll for bring this young man to USC. We all now expect great things from him next year when he gets to start for the Trojans. He is a Heisman Trophy caliber player and I am proud to say that I saw his debut as a Trojan in person.

And our lame a$$ coach benched him for Casey Dick....This peformance which apparently had the whole Coliseum buzzing does not surprise anyone really (except USC fans)....What does one expect of the POY, Gatorade All American QB?

I think USC fans were surprised because he was benched at Ark. by our "mental giant" and relegated to a seat on the bench....At least Pete Carrol is not the pettty, juvenile, silly, hillbilly that is Li'l Abner and the MSM.

Thanks Abner for another fine mess you have gotten this program into.

blue

anybody want to give me odds that MM wins a Heisman before Dmac?

lovethosehogs

GO MITCH. WHEN HE WINS THREE RINGS AT USC WHAT WILL NUTT DO???

Silver Hog

Quote from: lovethosehogs on August 19, 2007, 08:57:09 am
GO MITCH. WHEN HE WINS THREE RINGS AT USC WHAT WILL NUTT DO???

Text Bragg some more.

lovethosehogs

August 19, 2007, 09:31:55 am #89 Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:42:41 am by lovethosehogs
 I am reading more quotes from the trojan board.

" I'm sold on the kid. in mitch we trust!"

This is yet another stellar performance we have come to expect from America's Quarterback, Mitch Mustain, has he heads towards his destiny of becoming USC's next starting quarterback next year.

Mr Mustain is the future of the USC football program and never was there a better time for him to put on such an impressive performance as last night for the Patron's Party.

I knew Mitch Mustain was excellent and this just shows the difference between him and the other QBs on the roster in the last two scrimmages. I am completely convinced now that he is our next starter and I look forward to seeing him lead the Cardinal & Gold next year.

Fight on!!!!

Here is only a few quotes from u.s.c alumni.  They are used to a winning tradition and a great coach.  I am glad mitch is with u.s.c. because he will shine in that systym.  Nutt wont be here long enough to regret the decsion.   

PorcineSublime

Quote from: BigDeal on August 18, 2007, 10:35:37 pm
Quote from: JD Hogg on August 18, 2007, 09:46:48 pm
Big Deal...you got it.

Very astute I must say.

Familiar names indeed.

You are wrong. On both accounts. I want him to have a great career. However, I know a fraud (posts on that blog) when I see one.

Only problem with your theory is that no one shot down the "bogus" posters. Pretty much all were in agreement that he was impressive. If it were Arkansans posing, they would have been shot down quickly. If you read the same blog a few months ago, MM's arrival was greeted with a collective yawn. Time will tell if Mitch is the man, but these folks are impressed and they are NOT all from AR.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

pretty much saying the posters on that blog are all fake sounds like more sour grapes from the huggers.  Hey Huggers one and all.  Your BOY HOUSTON DALE NUTT screwed it up just like everything else his hands touch.  Lets just hope he doesn't find a way to screw up d-mac and felix
Let's make some waves.

The Great Hambino

snortyann

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 19, 2007, 07:22:12 am
Here's the quote from Pete Carroll after being ranked #1 in the AP football poll in todays paper, "It's exactly where we hope and expect to be.  It's a smybol  of what we're all about".

Now let's compare that to Nutt's "Please don't pick up first" quote.  Those two quotes define the men and their programs.

With the type of players that Pete Carrol has on his roster, it should be a crime if they don't win or at least play in the national championship game.  The talent at USC is unreal.  Arkansas recruiting has not been close to what it should be, with 08 being the only exception, but Arkansas could never come close to getting the same type of players that USC is able to get, regardless of who is coaching.  USC is able to cherry pick Cali, and then target the best players in the country.  The state of Arkansas is near the bottom in education, economy, has a reputation for being rural and population, yet so many people come on here and act like Arkansas should compete for National Championships year in and year out.  If Arkansas could become Nebraska of the late 90's it would be a great accomplishment, but they will never be USC.

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on August 19, 2007, 10:58:35 am

With the type of players that Pete Carrol has on his roster, it should be a crime if they don't win or at least play in the national championship game.  The talent at USC is unreal.  Arkansas recruiting has not been close to what it should be, with 08 being the only exception, but Arkansas could never come close to getting the same type of players that USC is able to get, regardless of who is coaching.  USC is able to cherry pick Cali, and then target the best players in the country.  The state of Arkansas is near the bottom in education, economy, has a reputation for being rural and population, yet so many people come on here and act like Arkansas should compete for National Championships year in and year out.  If Arkansas could become Nebraska of the late 90's it would be a great accomplishment, but they will never be USC.

You make NW Arkansas sound like it is on the friggen moon or something - when you come to NW Arkansas to go to school you are not in Arkansas proper that you describe - get a grip... our recruiting should be better

Lady Hawg Buff

For all of you Mitch Mustain haters, which usually means Houston Nutt Huggers that are trying to act like all of this is not real, three words...GET OVER IT.  USC fans love the kid.  He's in the spotlight, he's the talk of the town, he's performing awesome.  GET OVER IT.  If you can't handle the truth, go to another thread.

Feralhog

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on August 19, 2007, 10:58:35 am

With the type of players that Pete Carrol has on his roster, it should be a crime if they don't win or at least play in the national championship game.  The talent at USC is unreal.  Arkansas recruiting has not been close to what it should be, with 08 being the only exception, but Arkansas could never come close to getting the same type of players that USC is able to get, regardless of who is coaching.  USC is able to cherry pick Cali, and then target the best players in the country.  The state of Arkansas is near the bottom in education, economy, has a reputation for being rural and population, yet so many people come on here and act like Arkansas should compete for National Championships year in and year out.  If Arkansas could become Nebraska of the late 90's it would be a great accomplishment, but they will never be USC.

WE ARE ummmm..... poor little arkiesaw.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

bearcathog

Quote from: lovethosehogs on August 19, 2007, 09:31:55 am
 I am reading more quotes from the trojan board.

" I'm sold on the kid. in mitch we trust!"

This is yet another stellar performance we have come to expect from America's Quarterback, Mitch Mustain, has he heads towards his destiny of becoming USC's next starting quarterback next year.

Mr Mustain is the future of the USC football program and never was there a better time for him to put on such an impressive performance as last night for the Patron's Party.

I knew Mitch Mustain was excellent and this just shows the difference between him and the other QBs on the roster in the last two scrimmages. I am completely convinced now that he is our next starter and I look forward to seeing him lead the Cardinal & Gold next year.

Fight on!!!!

Here is only a few quotes from u.s.c alumni.  They are used to a winning tradition and a great coach.  I am glad mitch is with u.s.c. because he will shine in that systym.  Nutt wont be here long enough to regret the decsion.  

One More Quote from Scott Wolf's USC page:

Believe it or not, Mustain's had few reps in practices. The first-string defense knew virtually nothing about him because they never saw him in training camp.

BTW, good luck, MM.
"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy