Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most overrated team this preseason

Started by darkhogfan, August 16, 2007, 01:05:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

darkhogfan

Who do you think is the most overrated team this preseason?  I think it actually might be Nebraska.  They are ranked in the top 25 in almost every poll but they haven't shown much of anything against quaily opponents as of late.
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

VANVONDENBURGH

For some reason I don't think LSU is going to live up to the hype.

bcdrules

yeah...i really think LSU is very overrated this year.

HawgAdvocate

Florida is overrated the most to me.

Tebow isn't ready to live up to the hype just yet.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hogomatic

razorrog1

My normal response every year to this would be Notre Dame.  This year I think Nebraska or West Virginia might have the crown.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 16, 2007, 01:10:51 pm

I agree they lost a ton of talent.

LSU also  is going to have a hard time this season with a huge target on their backs. Everyone will be gunning for them.

razorrog1

August 16, 2007, 01:15:26 pm #7 Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 01:20:44 pm by razorrog1
Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on August 16, 2007, 01:12:42 pm
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 16, 2007, 01:10:51 pm

I agree they lost a ton of talent.

LSU also  is going to have a hard time this season with a huge target on their backs. Everyone will be gunning for them.

LSU is good for a "stumble game".  Trouble is, it happens earlier in the year.  Unlike what we have done, they finish up stronger than almost any team in the nation due to the depth they always seem to have.

Spiral_cut

Notre Dame
Ohio St. (Wisconsin wins the Big Ten)
Louisville
Rutgers
Texas - Blechhhh

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

SteelShot

Florida.  Lost the entire defense and starting QB.  I think they will be good but dont think they are top five in the country. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

bamahogfan

AUBURN

Road Games:  Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, LSU

bd93

Razorback Jedi

The rankings are overrated. I put ZERO stock into the validity of preseason rankings. They are based soley on how the team was last year and what kind of talent they bring back this year. The same thing happens every year, one of the top 5 teams will lose a couple of games and be considered a bust. At the same time, a team in the 15-25 range will start the season hot and will be in the top 5 in October and be considered a Cinderella.

Play a month, then look at the standings and make judgments.

Conway Cool Daddy

August 16, 2007, 01:22:35 pm #14 Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 01:26:47 pm by Conway Cool Daddy
Just took another look at the ESPN poll.
I think both Auburn and Tennessee are a little high at 14 and 15.

They'll be good, but they have some major weaknesses.

Auburn must play LSU, Fla, Ga, Vandy, Ark, and Bama. I expect they'll lose at least three if not more.

Tenn plays Cal, Fla, Ga, Vandy, Bama, SC, Ark, and Kentucky. They could easily lose 4 or more of those games.

rutgers = easy schedule.
Louisville, Wv, Pitt, Maryland are about as tough as it gets for them.

Baseball Hog

notre dame no doubt.

6 or 7 loss season coming up, garunteed.

Rooka

Quote from: bd93 on August 16, 2007, 01:20:45 pm
Florida, LSU, and Rutgers.
Dude your sig made me laugh so hard, props on that, but yea to say an overrated team.

Notre Dame

stevenwayneslane

ALLVOL

Hogginitall

Wisconsin is overrated.  They are ranked in the top 10 by most polls I've seen.  It's because they return 17 starters from last year's team that went 12-1 with a win over a good Arkansas team in the Capital One Bowl.  If you take a strong look at their year last year, however, you see that even though they were 12-1 last year it was about as unimpressive as you can get.  If they didn't have such a simple schedule this year, they would be exposed fairly early.  However, they have an easy schedule until they play Ohio St and Michigan back-to-back in November.  They might have another 12-1 year, but it's not going to be because they have a really good team.  It will be mostly because they have an easy schedule again this year.

I also think WV and Louisville are overrated.  But, like Wisconsin, they both have fairly easy schedules which will allow them to stay overrated throughout the entire season.  Their conference is so weak....I don't care if they went 5-0 in bowl games last year, look at who they played and it isn't as impressive as their fans will try and have you believe.

Ramble on Barbershop

member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

ballhog88

abraHAM_lincoln

Quote from: hogomatic on August 16, 2007, 01:11:27 pm
same team as every year notre dame

I hear ya...   ND can be 7-5 and still get a BCS bid....   and they Always have one of the Easiest Schedules...

LSUFan

songofthesword

biggiepiggie

Quote from: superhogfan on August 16, 2007, 01:05:24 pm
Who do you think is the most overrated team this preseason?  I think it actually might be Nebraska.  They are ranked in the top 25 in almost every poll but they haven't shown much of anything against quaily opponents as of late.
We'll find out fast.  They play So Cal early.

slopinhogs

i don't think Florida or LSU deserve all their headlines this year . they lost a ton of players off the offencive and defencive lines and new QB and running backs to boot . Auburn's just hasn't been the team they were 10 years ago the last five years, i don't see that changing. Notre Dame is Notre Dame , they will have their problems. they will compete with pride however. Kentucky scares me and so does So. Carolina. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

AirForceHog

I think it would have to be Rutgers! Those guys are not that good.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

demonHOG1013

I say Michigan. They lost too many playmakers on defense.

davehog

Tennessee without a doubt...They have NO experience at WR, TB (with Coker being a smoker) is a weakness, and they only have a few starters returning on defense.  I can see a 6 win season for the Vols this year and A LOT of Vol fans calling for Fulmer's resignation.

Stella

Could be us.  Our HC and OC sure are overrated!

TechHog

Florida-  I don't think Tebow is as good as advertised.  The defense lost a bunch of talent as well.

Stella

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 16, 2007, 02:04:58 pm
Quote from: VANVONDENBURGH on August 16, 2007, 01:06:25 pm

They have probably the most favorable schedule around in the SEC and almost everyone back on defense.  The only thing that could get in the way is Les Miles and we'll certainly see about that one.  I'm thinking anything short of a BCS National Title Game will disappoint the Tiger faithful.

Miles is almost as bad as Nutt.  His time at LSU will be short!

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: Stella on August 16, 2007, 02:06:07 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 16, 2007, 02:04:58 pm
Quote from: VANVONDENBURGH on August 16, 2007, 01:06:25 pm

They have probably the most favorable schedule around in the SEC and almost everyone back on defense.  The only thing that could get in the way is Les Miles and we'll certainly see about that one.  I'm thinking anything short of a BCS National Title Game will disappoint the Tiger faithful.

Miles is almost as bad as Nutt.  His time at LSU will be short!

Houston has been here for ten years.  If you use his standard Miles will be at LSU for fifteen.

EXCEPT:  LSU expects, not hopes, to win championships.  Miles could not last two seasons without a BCS bowl.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

HoopHog

Every team you guys mentioned will have better seasons than Arkansas.  What a bunch of pipe dreaming homers!

We have a QB that is doing squat in practice...and no proven backup.  Players are getting injured and others are doing worse...and you don't think "ARKANSAS" is the answer to this question?  Here is the skinny...even though our skilled position players are great they can't do it all.  Our scondary is going to be absolutely picked apart...and some of you know it, but won't admit it.  Our depth is more than questionnable.  We can still have a good season, but too many Hog fans are already booking their trips to Atlanta -- to pie in the sky right now.

rzrbckfan426

August 16, 2007, 02:22:13 pm #36 Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 02:23:59 pm by rzrbckfan426
Oklahoma.......other than us hoop hog

ALLVOL

Quote from: davehog on August 16, 2007, 01:56:17 pm
Tennessee without a doubt...They have NO experience at WR, TB (with Coker being a smoker) is a weakness, and they only have a few starters returning on defense.  I can see a 6 win season for the Vols this year and A LOT of Vol fans calling for Fulmer's resignation.
Actually we may have one of the best D's in the Conf. Our starting RB will be back and we have more WR with talent sitting the bench than most schools have starting.

arkjay19

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 16, 2007, 02:37:41 pm
Actually we may have one of the best D's in the Conf. Our starting RB will be back and we have more WR with talent sitting the bench than most schools have starting.

Tennessee plays a brutal schedule. I just don't see them winning more than 8.

hogfan064

Boise State.  The program has still yet to ever win a single road game of importance.  How can you consider yourself a legit contender when you get stomped everytime you play a decent team on the road?

HoopHog

Quote from: hogfan064 on August 16, 2007, 02:40:48 pm
Boise State.  The program has still yet to ever win a single road game of importance.  How can you consider yourself a legit contender when you get stomped everytime you play a decent team on the road?

You don't call the Orange bowl a single road game of importance.

The BCS tote board:
Boise State - 1
Arkansas - 0

BradyHolzhauer

USC.  Why? Because they have talent but no chemistry.  It causes them to lose games they shouldn't lose, but this year they are just too young, and John David Booty just doesn't come across as that great a QB to me.
-B

press ham

Hogginitall

Quote from: HoopHog on August 16, 2007, 02:21:31 pm
Every team you guys mentioned will have better seasons than Arkansas.  What a bunch of pipe dreaming homers!

We have a QB that is doing squat in practice...and no proven backup.  Players are getting injured and others are doing worse...and you don't think "ARKANSAS" is the answer to this question?  Here is the skinny...even though our skilled position players are great they can't do it all.  Our scondary is going to be absolutely picked apart...and some of you know it, but won't admit it.  Our depth is more than questionnable.  We can still have a good season, but too many Hog fans are already booking their trips to Atlanta -- to pie in the sky right now.

How can we be overrated when half of the polls don't list us in their top 25 or have us between #'s 20-25?  If we were ranked in the top 10, I would understand saying that we are overrated coming into the year.  But, we're not in most polls I've seen.  There are a couple (Sports Illustrated comes to mind) that rank us in the top 15, but not many.

I'd say anywhere from 20-25 would be a pretty good preseason ranking for Arkansas.

HoopHog

You guys are going to be FAR better than many people expect.  You just have to get past that Cal game.

press ham

Quote from: HoopHog on August 16, 2007, 02:44:42 pm

You guys are going to be FAR better than many people expect.  You just have to get past that Cal game.

who's playing wr for tenn?

AandB

I believe LSU will faulter and USC both. Notre Dame is always there and they always fall so i'm not worried let them feel good right now. West Virginia seems like the biggest joke to me...they play weak teams every year and this year they want to reward them for that.