Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memo to the SEC.....

Started by rockbama, August 12, 2007, 02:14:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rockbama

We(Alabama), already have 15 early commitments and 10 of them are 4 stars or better.

Saban is about to awaken this sleeping giant in a big way. Good luck to you guys and see ya sept 15.

Roll Tide....

That is all....

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: rockbama on August 12, 2007, 02:14:32 am

We(Alabama), already have 15 early commitments and 10 of them are 4 stars or better.

Saban is about to awaken this sleeping giant in a big way. Good luck to you guys and see ya sept 15.

Roll Tide....

That is all....

Congratulations.

9/15/07

Bacon out...

Veritas Arkansas

Want a cookie?  See you on the 15th indeed.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

whatsshakinbacon

Hey bama, what's your response to that message been like on the LSU board?

Bacon out...

rockbama

Bacon, it has been rather strange indeed. I have a very good LSU friend and I remember when we hired Saban, he drank for a week straight lol.

All that aside, you wont see the full effect of the Saban era this year as I believe we will go 8-4 or 9-3, it will be in 08 and 09 that we start kicking a$$ again.

Can Sept get here fast enough?

Roll Tide!!!!

That is all....

WindyCityHog

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 12, 2007, 02:36:28 am
Hey bama, what's your response to that message been like on the LSU board?

Bacon out...

About the same....

They have a coach.....a real one.

Alabama and their fans got what they wanted.

I admit I am jealous.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: rockbama on August 12, 2007, 02:39:29 am

Bacon, it has been rather strange indeed. I have a very good LSU friend and I remember when we hired Saban, he drank for a week straight lol.

All that aside, you wont see the full effect of the Saban era this year as I believe we will go 8-4 or 9-3, it will be in 08 and 09 that we start kicking a$$ again.

Roll Tide!!!!

That is all....

Nice post.

Thanks for being nice......The Hogs have to get the Tide this year.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: WindyCityHog on August 12, 2007, 02:42:38 am

Roll Tide!!!!

That is all....

Nice post.

This will be it for a while.

Thanks for the response bama.  Don't talk smack just yet.  But next August you can roll it out.

Bacon out...

Wes Craven

Memo to Alabama... Bear Bryant has been dead for over 20 years. Quit wearing plaid pants and hats and heaping unreachable goals on your new coaches. You aren't the national powerhouse you guys think you are. You aren't even the best team in your own state.

rockbama

August 12, 2007, 02:48:26 am #9 Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 02:52:00 am by rockbama

Roll Tide!!!!

That is all....

Nice post.

You guys will have your day because Nutt is history after this season. All Arkansas needs is a good coach that will take control of that program and take it to heights it hasnt seen in quite some time.

Saban is doing this to Tubberville in recruiting. As I have said before, Auburn flurished because we shot ourselves in the foot due to probation. Now that we are past that, Auburn will not be able to recruit the state of Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi or Texas to the capacity that we will because those states have traditionally been a strong hold for us recruiting wise.

It has already begun, 5 of the top 10 prospects in the state have already committed, Auburn has 1 in state commit as of now.

Cartoon Man

Rockbama, Tide will be lucky to stay off of probation. They can't help themselves.

MuskogeeHogFan

Roll Tide!!!!

That is all....

Bama, my opinion may give you a little boost in confidence or, maybe not, not sure. I'll tell ya what is going to happen with you guys. You are going to win a lot more games this year than you think. Alabama will over achieve this season and be headed to a nice, respectable bowl(you'll probably go 9-3 or maybe even better this year). Next year, you guys will be a big time force to be reckoned with and probably win 1 or 2 more regular season games than this year. The next year you may contend for a national championship and then guess what? I hope you will have enjoyed the ride because someone will wave a bunch of dollars at Saban and he'll have the truck loaded before he even makes his announcement that he is leaving. This may sound like I am being mean spirited, but I assure you, that is not my intent. The fact is, when it all comes down to money, it all becomes very mercenary and at that point, performers go to the highest bidders and there is little if any loyalty involved. Enjoy Saban while you can. You may not have him for very long.
Go Hogs Go!

rljjr

That may be true of Arkansas, too, minister. I hope not, but man, so many shady folks associated with college football.

mbgrulz

memo to bama: ya'll might want to make sure you get a kicker with all those great recruits.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 12, 2007, 07:53:06 am

Roll Tide!!!!

That is all....

Bama, my opinion may give you a little boost in confidence or, maybe not, not sure. I'll tell ya what is going to happen with you guys. You are going to win a lot more games this year than you think. Alabama will over achieve this season and be headed to a nice, respectable bowl(you'll probably go 9-3 or maybe even better this year). Next year, you guys will be a big time force to be reckoned with and probably win 1 or 2 more regular season games than this year. The next year you may contend for a national championship and then guess what? I hope you will have enjoyed the ride because someone will wave a bunch of dollars at Saban and he'll have the truck loaded before he even makes his announcement that he is leaving. This may sound like I am being mean spirited, but I assure you, that is not my intent. The fact is, when it all comes down to money, it all becomes very mercenary and at that point, performers go to the highest bidders and there is little if any loyalty involved. Enjoy Saban while you can. You may not have him for very long.

So are you saying you wouldn't trade with them?

I would.

Bacon out...

RhodeHog

Roll Tide!!!!

That is all....

Nice post.

True enough...this might be our last year to beat them for a while.  :puke:

pigmania

Roll Tide....

That is all....
Can we pleaaaaase have your coach!

hawgbawb

The Tide and the Hogs are both on the post-probation upswing. I wouldn't count either one of them out.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

razorrog1

I may be wrong, but isn't Saban's record against Nutt 3-2?  Before everyone starts jumping off the 40th story, we have beaten him before.

hogfan064

Roll Tide....

That is all....

You do realize that 5 other SEC teams will have top 10 recruiting classes this year also.  Talent is everywhere in the league.

oldtimerhog

Quote from: hogfan064 on August 12, 2007, 09:53:39 am

Roll Tide....

That is all....

You do realize that 5 other SEC teams will have top 10 recruiting classes this year also.  Talent is everywhere in the league.

Yeah, well Nutt doesn't recruit 4 star and better recruits.  He has to have 2 star and worse recruits to be able to claim he does more with less.  He also thinks he is very popular in Alabama.  If Saban doesn't work out, I'm sure he would talk to you!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

ALLVOL

Quote from: hogfan064 on August 12, 2007, 09:53:39 am

Roll Tide....

That is all....

Thank you.
bammer will lose 6 games this year and the bammer nut jobs will be going crazy.
They lose the following games.
Hogs
UT
Florida St
Aub
UGA
LSU

ALLVOL

Also remember this. A ton of the talent won't commit this early.

Tone

August 12, 2007, 11:01:03 am #23 Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:08:47 am by Tone-Loc
I've said this before:  New coaches are like a new girlfriend.  In the beginning you are infatuated with them and they can do no wrong, but before long you will see their bad side as it is (not with rose-colored glasses).  Like when your gal passes gas it is funny, but before long it is disgusting.  When they don't shave their legs or armpits, it is European but before long you discover they are just lazy. 

Alabama and Saban are in the early part of their relationship.  Before long people will start harping on his faults.  Or like other fans, they will find something wrong to bring the coach down a little.  Or they will pay a high school coach 100,000 dollars and get busted again.

Immensehog

Quote from: Wes Craven on August 12, 2007, 02:47:34 am
Memo to Alabama... Bear Bryant has been dead for over 20 years. Quit wearing plaid pants and hats and heaping unreachable goals on your new coaches. You aren't the national powerhouse you guys think you are. You aren't even the best team in your own state.

Ouch baby,  very ouch.

But true.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

atekido

Quote from: Immensehog on August 12, 2007, 11:04:13 am

Ouch baby,  very ouch.

But true.

agreed ahha.   though we arent much better.  but heh some times the tide fans still think bear bryant is their to make miracles happen.

ALLVOL

Quote from: PorkOpine on August 12, 2007, 12:11:59 pm
Arkansas better take a "W" from Bama this year.  Starting in '08 they will come few and far between.  Saban will have the Tide headed back in the right direction while the Hogs are going to fall off the proverbial cliff.
The meltdown will be in Tuscalooser this year. Those toothless kooks have expectations of 10 or more wins this year. I don't think you realize how crazy out of touch bammer land is. They will lose at least 6 games and mybe more. A bit of advice for Hog fans going to the game. Pack all your stuff and go to the game with a full tank of gas and don't stop until you get cell service. That is a good sign you are out of that hell hole. After the beat down McFadden and crew give the Rusty Shackleford nation, being around there will not be safe. McFadden and Jones will run like Kenyans on bammers horrible defense. 

pigmania

Quote from: razorrog1 on August 12, 2007, 09:51:32 am
I may be wrong, but isn't Saban's record against Nutt 3-2?  Before everyone starts jumping off the 40th story, we have beaten him before.
May be, but you sure didn't see Bama going after Nutt like they did Saban, now did you?

Break & Run

OUCH!!!!   do you need some ice for that charred burn?
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Hogs-n-Roses

Congrats Bama on that recruiting class, it is looking awsome. Your pretty much on the money with that sleeping giant analogy. Hats off to the school and fans for a job well done, and not being willing to settle. Just wish we had y'alls commitment to football.

piggingout

Doesn't shock me about the recruiting class for 'Bama.  He'll bring them back to a top 10 program in no time.  I just can't wait till the first time he goes to LSU.

ALLVOL

You all just watch. bammer will implode this year and the crazies will be out. I remember the whole "look out SEC, Spurrier is back and he will win the SEC and a NC"

bammer will lose at least 6 games this year. Many of the talent out there is not going to commit this early and star ratings go up and down according to how they play their final year. It is so early it is crazy to get excited one way or another.

WBChogfan

I'm sorry.  I'll believe the hype when I see results.

Bama fans need to stop acting like their moneygrubbing coach is the second incarnation of Christ.

Kevin Bacon

I have a very good LSU friend and I remember when we hired Saban, he drank for a week straight lol.

So he is not doing anything differently?  Strange.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Roll Tide!!!!

That is all....

Funny, around these parts some seem to consider 8-4 as "kicking a$$."

guthhog

very classy posts bama....good luck to u guys in the future but i hope we still kick your butt!
Give a man a beer and he will waste an hour.  Teach a man to make beer, and he will waste a lifetime.

HawgAlude

Hogs beat the tide again this year. Just deal with it. Your coach will have you turned around soon enough...

TransAmHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 12, 2007, 12:44:13 pm
Quote from: PorkOpine on August 12, 2007, 12:11:59 pm
Arkansas better take a "W" from Bama this year.  Starting in '08 they will come few and far between.  Saban will have the Tide headed back in the right direction while the Hogs are going to fall off the proverbial cliff.
The meltdown will be in Tuscalooser this year. Those toothless kooks have expectations of 10 or more wins this year. I don't think you realize how crazy out of touch bammer land is. They will lose at least 6 games and mybe more. A bit of advice for Hog fans going to the game. Pack all your stuff and go to the game with a full tank of gas and don't stop until you get cell service. That is a good sign you are out of that hell hole. After the beat down McFadden and crew give the Rusty Shackleford nation, being around there will not be safe. McFadden and Jones will run like Kenyans on bammers horrible defense. 

Replace the bama reference's with Vols and you've got the Knoxville story ready to print, too.

Neylan Stadium= worlds largest tree stand.

P. S. you know why the vols wear prison orange?

So they don't have to change before the game.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

Razorback Jedi

I am jealous of Bama, no doubt. However, I'm sick of saying "wait till next year". So, with that I'm thrilled you guys have him this year because I think we'll field a better team overall in 2007. Next year will be next year, and we can discuss in the Spring of 08.

oldtimerhog

Ouch!  We may not be the best team in our state either!  We will have to wait and see.
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

rockbama

Contrary to popular belief, Bama fans do not expect to win the NT, or even the SEC west this year. We know the good times are a year or two away.

That being said, I dont see Saban leaving if he wins here. He is already the highest paid coach in the country at one of the top 5 programs of all time and he is putting together a USC type of recruiting class.

It's the same as Stoops at OU and Carrol at USC, once they started winning why would they want to leave one of the best programs in the country? I realize how he left Miami, but he wasn't happy in the NFL and I have never seen or heard a coach say "Yeah, im interested in another job, please fire me from my present one so I can accept it". Saban himself said he wishes he had never left the SEC and is happy to be back and at one of the places he considered a "Dream Job".

Roll Tide!!!!

That is all....

saywhat?

Quote from: rockbama on August 12, 2007, 11:51:51 pm

Contrary to popular belief, Bama fans do not expect to win the NT, or even the SEC west this year. We know the good times are a year or two away.

That being said, I dont see Saban leaving if he wins here. He is already the highest paid coach in the country at one of the top 5 programs of all time and he is putting together a USC type of recruiting class.

It's the same as Stoops at OU and Carrol at USC, once they started winning why would they want to leave one of the best programs in the country? I realize how he left Miami, but he wasn't happy in the NFL and I have never seen or heard a coach say "Yeah, im interested in another job, please fire me from my present one so I can accept it". Saban himself said he wishes he had never left the SEC and is happy to be back and at one of the places he considered a "Dream Job".

Roll Tide!!!!

That is all....

USC type of recruiting class?  He's not even close to a USC type of recruiting class.  Replace those 4 stars with 5 stars and you'll have a USC type recruiting class.

VandyHog

Saban will open his career at Bama with losses in Nashville to Vandy and at home to Arkansas. They should bring a little reality back to the Tide.

rockbama

Quote from: VandyHog on August 13, 2007, 12:32:52 am
Saban will open his career at Bama with losses in Nashville to Vandy and at home to Arkansas. They should bring a little reality back to the Tide.

I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt because you love your team, vandy, and take what you have said with a grain of salt.

Do you honestly believe we will lose to Vandy? We havent in 20 years and I do not see it happening now. Sure, Vandy may give us a tough game, as they tend to do from time to time, but you honestly believe Vandy will beat us by 14 points as you stated earlier?

And you call Bama fans out for being "unrealistic"

That is all....

mtnmusic

I feel the hogs have got to count on Alabama beating LSU in order to have any kind of realistic chance at a return to Atlanta. That's the only way we can play LSU for all the marbles 'cause its pretty sure they'll have a better season than we otherwise.

mtnmusic

What I'm sayin is that I intend to root for the hogs and anybody playing LSU.

ALLVOL

Quote from: PorkOpine on August 12, 2007, 05:36:18 pm
Quote from: ALLVOL on August 12, 2007, 02:21:32 pm
You all just watch. bammer will implode this year and the crazies will be out. I remember the whole "look out SEC, Spurrier is back and he will win the SEC and a NC"

bammer will lose at least 6 games this year. Many of the talent out there is not going to commit this early and star ratings go up and down according to how they play their final year. It is so early it is crazy to get excited one way or another.

You seem a little nervous.  Are you trying to convince us Bama is going to implode or yourself?

Are you kidding? I know them well. He is a good coach but he is in bammer land. Trust me, I hav NO fear what so ever of bammer. And the Hogs will beat them as well. Book it.

Silver Hog

Quote from: atekido on August 12, 2007, 11:24:41 am
Quote from: Immensehog on August 12, 2007, 11:04:13 am

Ouch baby,  very ouch.

But true.

agreed ahha.   though we arent much better.  but heh some times the tide fans still think bear bryant is their to make miracles happen.

We can counter that with Paul now.

ALLVOL

Quote from: rockbama on August 12, 2007, 11:51:51 pm

Roll Tide!!!!

That is all....
Popular belief! Hell I was going off of what YOUR fellow aluminum foil hat wearing, black helicopter, Rusty Shackleford bammer kooks have been saying. You maybe one of the VERY few with realistic expectation but you sir are not the norm. When bammer loses 6 or more games this year we shall see all the love that your newest coach has. As far as recruiting goes, it is so early! Most of the talent will not commit this early and those who do stand a chance to see their star ratings go up or down based on their final year. Enjoy this preseason bammer. This is as good as it's going to get.

PennHOG

Nicely done!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!