Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nolan's comments on ESPN.com (Yes, it's been posted. Don't start yet another thread about it. Read more, post less.)

Started by forrest city joe, March 26, 2007, 08:12:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgAdvocate

blah whatever..he should love Billy G......like Nolan, Billy thinks the world of Don Haskins, has the obvious UTEP connection, is a west Texas guy, and plays balls to the wall defense.

Nolan just can't let sleeping dogs lie.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

booogaga

i love how he mentions the double standard in football
GO HOGS!

quest4excellence

HDN SHOULD BE FIRED. 

Word to ya motha! -Vanilla Ice

razorhead69

Nolan needs to get a job and quit being so bitter. I think I was fired once by somebody but hell I can't remember who did it. Move on Nolan!!

If Nolan cared about Heath, he wouldn't have left him all of that crap on the roster.

WILL CLINTON

+1 million to Nolan.

Still telling it like it is years down the road. 

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

IronHog

Iconic Darksiders.

1. Nolan
2. Mustain
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Dugann

Thanks for that link Joe, great one Nolan..... he sure the hell don't pull no punches dose he! Ya frank you da man coach us!  But for sure who ever the coach is next year they do have a loaded and primed team to do some damage I didn't think Stan was long term what we needed but I sort of feel he should have had one more year too, but he didn't get it so again I just hope we get some one proven and that going take us where we want to be.  Go hogs.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Italian Stallion

I think he's just jealous because he's not coaching here anymore.  He misses it.
Stan Heath = WHAT A GAME

weresoclose

March 26, 2007, 08:26:10 pm #12 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 08:30:31 pm by weresoclose
Since Nolan is completely irrelevant, his opinion means jack squat.

The Doom and Gloom Patrol can squeal that we're gonna face a BCA backlash from this firing, but I'll believe it when I see it--and then I'll laugh when they once again prove themselves reactionary and effectively removed from reality and the greater cause of their movement.  Anyone can be fired for underperformance, and whether or not a different coach in a different sport was or wasn't fired for different reasons--that has nothing to do with Heath.

Fire Dale!!  But for godsake, Thanks Frank for pulling the trigger on Heath.  You have just shown that our basketball program may be committed to winning again!  Now if you would just do the same for football...

Thank god Nolan and co. aren't in charge of the bb program.  One more year for Heath was NEVER an option, and why would you let a lame duck coach stay for just one more year so he could recruit SEVEN players for someone else?  Why give one more chance to someone who doesn't have the ability to be nationally competitive?  All the Chicken Littling will be for naught when we start winning on a nationally competitive level again!  Blow the hot air, Nolan and co., but your time would be better spent supporting our soon to be new coach.

forrest city joe

Quote from: booogaga on March 26, 2007, 08:15:13 pm
i love how he mentions the double standard in football
Bingo. sometimes the truth hurts.

moses_007

Nolan kept quiet for a long time but has opened up his take on things considerably the last few months.  The U of A has been paying him $.5 million a year since he was fired in 02.  When you add another $300,000 they will be paying Heath, that's $800,000 a year to two fired coaches.  Broyles, quit extending contracts like you have or you will break the Piggy Bank. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

moses_007

Nolan kept quiet for a long time but has opened up his take on things considerably the last few months.  The U of A has been paying him $.5 million a year since he was fired in 02.  When you add another $300,000 they will be paying Heath, that's $800,000 a year to two fired coaches.  Broyles, quit extending contracts like you have or you will break the Piggy Bank. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

moses_007

Nolan kept quiet for a long time but has opened up his take on things considerably the last few months.  The U of A has been paying him $.5 million a year since he was fired in 02.  When you add another $300,000 they will be paying Heath, that's $800,000 a year to two fired coaches.  Broyles, quit extending contracts like you have or you will break the Piggy Bank. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Toad Suck Pork

Everybody is watching flightaware.com right now, but somebody better get on tankaware.com.  Nolan's tanks are going to be rolling into Fayetteville!

whatsshakinbacon

Maybe this will add a little fuel to the "FIRE NUTT" movement.  Maybe not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2813852

Bacon out...

HogFan1st

76-72...i remember it like it was yesterday...Charlotte, NC 1994

booogaga

does it shock you. doesnt me. and yes houston nutt sucks.
GO HOGS!

razordan

Quote from: booogaga on March 26, 2007, 08:34:47 pm
does it shock you. doesnt me. and yes houston nutt sucks.
He sucks so bad that there is no word to describe it.

RBLtoHOG

I knew it was only a matter of time
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

whatsshakinbacon

No shock here. 

But then again, Nolan wouldn't much care for a new national championship banner in Bud Walton Arena hung by Coach Billy Clyde Gillispie, now would he?

Bacon out...

Pigroast

yeah weresoclose, 

when is the last time you won the NCAAT?

Frank has been shooting blanks lately, let someone else hire our coach.

"We're gonna pick them up when they get off the damn bus" -Mike Anderson

WestMemphisHogFan

I just wonder if Nolan will ever stop putting his nose where it doesn't belong?

MikeCapshaw

Nolan will have no say in HDN's resignation.

He got the guy out he wanted out.

Nolan said he could win with this team, why not give him a chance?

Just kidding. 8)

Houston h

Nolan has every right to question the way things have been done in Fayetteville!
In spite of all his accomplishments, he was always treated like a second hand citizen by the University.  Yes he was paid handsomely, but over time even that doesn't overshadow the fact that you are second fiddle to a sport that had produced nothing!  Nolan won it all!  Enough said!!!!!!!!!

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pigroast

Give me a break, let Nolan say whatever he wants...........at least he is entertaining. Alot more than I can say for Heath's style of basketball.

Awesome that he called Frank out on HDN, that is priceless.

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: BeoPig on March 26, 2007, 08:43:46 pm
Nolan = Great Coach but a moron with a big mouth.

Short, too the point, accurate... I like it.  +1

Did you notice how Nolan complimented Heath on his recruiting?  Said he ought to have a chance to coach his recruits?  Never said a single positive thing about Heath's coaching ability.  Interesting...

whatsshakinbacon

To all:

My apologies for starting a second thread on this.  I didn't see the first.

Bacon out...

AnthroHog

dbaileyway7

Maybe Nolan will bring some things to light about Nutt that the media is afraid to bring out.   P.S.  FIRE NUTT!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

lrar1974

The man will carry ALL his bitterness to the grave.. God Bless Him. He must never experience real peace.

hawgdog2005

When is it going to come to light about HDN and his other lady.  Nutt should have been gone long before Stan.  Oh did I say we need to fire NUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HaWg 10

and the racist speaks again. Looks like a moron everytime he opens his damn mouth. what a tool
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Jellohawg

CoachHogT

I know I will get hammered, but Nolan has a valid point. The problem is they stood by HDN after two losing seasons and fired Stan after two winning seasons. The University set the standard for employment as a coach with Nutt. Nolan is just saying what he believes and he will not be the only one that believes this. The problem is the university.

Me personally am OK with letting Stan go, however, if they fired him just to hire another up and coming I will have problems with that.

HairyHog

...and some of you here wanted him back...  How fickle is that?  I think his contract is up this year, and I say good riddance.  Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

ThunderHog

So...an AP reporter calls Nolan and asks for his take on the situation.  Big deal.  You think that someone who refused to take any crap off of Broyles is going to make no comment.  Get real.  Nolan was right and still is right about the double standard.  Hooten is proof of that.

mykidsdad

Quote from: HaWg 10 on March 26, 2007, 09:09:17 pm
and the racist speaks again. Looks like a moron everytime he opens his damn mouth. what a tool

That is what I thought when I saw that you posted. "The racist speaks again", what a tool.

atlheff

Quote from: HogFan1st on March 26, 2007, 08:34:35 pm
he is a bitter bitter man...

May be so but he is right. Not playing any race card here but why in the world would they continue to give a guy who has openly flirted with other coaching vacancies and continually underachieved, extension after extension? They fired the wrong coach and if the BCG deal doesn't pan out then Broyles needs to be shown the door 5 minutes later. If it does then never mind : )

oldbooniehog

No-lan
No-lan
No-lan!

I think he's dead right on about the "white haired devil."

You reckon Heath agrees with him about JFB now?

Heath should have never been hired here in the first place, if it weren't for the cluster that JFB's arrogant mismangement created.

JFB is also the reason why Nutt was kept on after back-to-back losing seasons.

I say, let's hear more Nolan on JFB.

I love it.

oldbooniehog

pigmania

The sad thing is, if Nolan doesn't let some of his bitterness rest, he's going to die someday an unhappy, bitter man.

RedyorNot

Considering the lackluster, in the gutter way he left the program, he has the guts to say "let him finish this out with his recruits"? That pompus idiot is the reason we went from prominence to mediocrity because he gave up on the program, the tradition, turned everything personal and left the team with with nothing? What a joke!

If you don't bring a solution to the table along with your issue, your opinion means nothing as all you are is an addition to the existing problem. I could care less how many different "championships" you have won at different levels, the level of your character is how you measure a man. I can measure that on a short ruler as you have no character, no courage, and no right to even comment on the program that gave you your livelihood that you chose to sue because you called "race" when it was really "performance".

Quit grasping for the limelight, which should look a lot like the nightlight in your bathroom at this point. Good night Mr. Richardson, leave us, the True Hog Fans alone!

Pigroast

Quote from: oldbooniehog on March 26, 2007, 09:43:10 pm
Heath should have never been hired here in the first place, if it weren't for the cluster that JFB's arrogant mismangement created.

amen