• 377,034 Topics
• 20,989 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 ... 346   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Trips: 3 Hots and a Cot  (Read 644860 times)

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
Re: Best Route to Lot 74A Coming from Springdale
« Reply #16800 on: September 16, 2016, 04:05:13 pm »

The foundation website recommends MLK exit from I49, then left on Eastern Ave. The lot is west of  Razorback Rd. across from the track.

If I exit I49 onto Wedington Rd., and go right on Sang Ave., does Sang go thru to the lot? A map indicates it does not go thru and it looks like pre-game traffic on Razorback Rd. is one way north so I would not be able to go south to the lot.

For post-game, it looks like I could take Nettleship to Stone St., then Futral and get on I49 at Wedington?

Nope, Sang is just going to take you to Cleveland, and then to Razorback Road. I think Razorback Road to both ways up to Meadow?? pre-game. It depends how  early you go, as to what's best. I park in 46, it's MLK to RZ Rd. Afterwards, I do get to take Nettleship west to Stone. Sometimes I use that to go, but it's if I'm early and they let me in the lot the back way.

factchecker

• All-American Hogvillian
  • RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #16801 on: September 16, 2016, 04:15:56 pm »

The foundation website recommends MLK exit from I49, then left on Eastern Ave. The lot is west of  Razorback Rd. across from the track.

If I exit I49 onto Wedington Rd., and go right on Sang Ave., does Sang go thru to the lot? A map indicates it does not go thru and it looks like pre-game traffic on Razorback Rd. is one way north so I would not be able to go south to the lot.

For post-game, it looks like I could take Nettleship to Stone St., then Futral and get on I49 at Wedington?

Don't take Wedington expecting to get back to campus unless you arrive before 2:30.  2:30 is when the traffic flow enforcement begins.

Here are the traffic flow maps:

Pre and Post Game Routes -

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf/football/2016/traffic-flow/pregame.pdf

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf/football/2016/traffic-flow/pregame-regional.pdf

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf/football/2016/traffic-flow/postgame.pdf

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf/football/2016/traffic-flow/postgame-regional.pdf

RF Parking:

http://www.razorbackfoundation.com/images/razorback-football-fayetteville-parking-map.png

Stadium Map:

Road Conditions and Traffic Map:

https://www.idrivearkansas.com/

Fan Guide:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf/football/2016/fan-guide.pdf

Quick guides:

Permitted and Prohibted Items - http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/permitted-prohibited-items/

Here is the schedule for gameday events:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/game-day-information-texas-state/

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #16803 on: September 16, 2016, 04:30:52 pm »

Wrong on the Wedington pre-game, it will take you to Sang, or Garland pre-game.

You are correct.

I always tell my family to take Exit 60 (Razorback Rd/Cato) :

FraggleHog

• My name is on Senior Walk
« Reply #16804 on: September 16, 2016, 04:44:06 pm »

Technically, you could get to your lot if you took the route highlighted on the map attached... Although I'm not 100% certain some of the back roads are blocked off (but I've never seen any, just Razorback Road). We take Sang to Hallsell to get to our tailgate and almost never have any traffic. Good luck, and Go Hogs!

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16805 on: September 16, 2016, 04:56:11 pm »

Technically, you could get to your lot if you took the route highlighted on the map attached... Although I'm not 100% certain some of the back roads are blocked off (but I've never seen any, just Razorback Road). We take Sang to Hallsell to get to our tailgate and almost never have any traffic. Good luck, and Go Hogs!

Pretty sure the different lots in 74 can only be accessed from Razorback Rd.

FraggleHog

« Reply #16806 on: September 16, 2016, 05:00:22 pm »

Pretty sure the different lots in 74 can only be accessed from Razorback Rd.

But if you have the correct credentials, and get far enough south on Razorback rd, then couldn't you turn left onto razorback rd and into your lie?

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16807 on: September 16, 2016, 05:16:27 pm »

But if you have the correct credentials, and get far enough south on Razorback rd, then couldn't you turn left onto razorback rd and into your lie?

That, I'm not 100% sure of. I know I can get to Lot 46 the back way, but I remember my son having a Lot 74 last year and there wasn't a back way in. But if he makes it to Razorback Rd, he's fine either way. I don't know 100% if he can exit on Nettleship leaving, first he'll have the throng of foot traffic walking down the road, and cars exiting Lot 46.

ok hog fan

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #16808 on: September 16, 2016, 07:01:51 pm »

I plan to arrive about 1 1/2 hrs before kickoff. This could be a factor on which route to take. The Wedington-Sang route is appealing unless some of those back streets are blocked off. I used to take that route to the lot opposite the stadium when I had season basket ball tickets.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply.

hogwildinhotsprings

• Bench Warmer
  • Go Hogs Go
Razorback Watch Parties
« Reply #16810 on: September 19, 2016, 11:31:28 am »

My son plays in high school band and we are traveling to Owasso, Ok this Saturday for a band competition.  is there any good family friendly places to watch the hogs around Tulsa, OK?  Also my son will be in Dallas, TX on October 8th for another band competition.  Any recommendations for a good family friendly place to watch the hogs in Dallas.  Woo Pig

nationwish

• Senior
Re: Razorback Watch Parties
« Reply #16811 on: September 19, 2016, 11:52:48 am »

The Greater Tulsa Razorback Club has been meeting at Dave & Busters in Tulsa. You can find the group on Facebook. I won't be there for games in October as I work a haunted house, but there was a decent turnout for the TCU game. Just be sure and RSVP if you intend to go so they can get a room reserved.

Trm123

• Varsity
Jacksonville, FL Watch Party
« Reply #16812 on: September 19, 2016, 11:53:06 am »

I am gonna be in Jacksonville, Florida, this weekend anybody have any suggestions where to watch the Razorback game Saturday?  :razorback:

FraggleHog

Re: Jacksonville, FL Watch Party
« Reply #16813 on: September 19, 2016, 12:09:54 pm »

I am gonna be in Jacksonville, Florida, this weekend anybody have any suggestions where to watch the Razorback game Saturday?  :razorback:

Not familiar with Jacksonville, but a quick google search pulled up quite a few options.

hogwildinhotsprings

• Bench Warmer
  • Go Hogs Go
« Reply #16814 on: September 19, 2016, 12:33:02 pm »

Thank you nation. 

Trm123

• Varsity
« Reply #16815 on: September 19, 2016, 12:38:39 pm »

Not familiar with Jacksonville, but a quick google search pulled up quite a few options.

Yeah I saw some sports bars that caught my eye, was just hoping there was a razorback gathering somewhere

HawginFL1991

• Bench Warmer
  • Do Good!!
« Reply #16816 on: September 19, 2016, 12:41:24 pm »

I live in Jacksonville. You might try Sneakers in Jax Beach. It is a huge sports grill with tons of TVs and pretty good food. Culhane's Irish pub is also a good one. It has been featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. They advertise college football watching all the time (mostly for Georgia, but its not the Gators or the Noles) on the radio. I haven't found a local Razorback club and I have been here for about 10 years. There are quite a few Hog fans around because I always get complimented when I am in my Hog gear. Good luck! WPS! :razorback:

FraggleHog

« Reply #16817 on: September 19, 2016, 12:44:48 pm »

Yeah I saw some sports bars that caught my eye, was just hoping there was a razorback gathering somewhere

I just found this on the Arkansas Alumni Association blog. Apparently this is the local gathering place for all Arkansas Alumni:

http://blog.arkansasalumni.org/tag/jacksonville/

**Edit: that was the gathering place for the Hogs in the NCAA tourney in spring of '15. I know the Alumni Association has chapters all over the place though. I would just give them a call to see if there's a gathering in the area.

Trm123

• Varsity
« Reply #16818 on: September 19, 2016, 12:50:50 pm »

I just found this on the Arkansas Alumni Association blog. Apparently this is the local gathering place for all Arkansas Alumni:

http://blog.arkansasalumni.org/tag/jacksonville/

**Edit: that was the gathering place for the Hogs in the NCAA tourney in spring of '15. I know the Alumni Association has chapters all over the place though. I would just give them a call to see if there's a gathering in the area.

It appears on their website they only have one in Ft. Lauderdale and one in Tampa looks like normal sports bar it is

Hammibal Lecter

• Hogvillian
  • "Cry havoc and unleash the Hawgs of war!"
Anyone staying at Hilton Anatole?
« Reply #16819 on: September 19, 2016, 01:50:30 pm »

Was going to rent a cabana for Saturday. Didn't know if anyone had before or had any reviews of the pool scene, etc. thanks

31to6

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
Re: Anyone staying at Hilton Anatole?
« Reply #16820 on: September 19, 2016, 02:55:23 pm »

Was going to rent a cabana for Saturday. Didn't know if anyone had before or had any reviews of the pool scene, etc. thanks
It's very nice.

If you are looking for a resort, well that is a stretch, but the facilities and grounds are well above what you would expect from a hotel that close to downtown, and the staff, restaurants and amenities are top notch.

I stay there regularly when I travel to Dallas for business.

rhames

Re: Anyone staying at Hilton Anatole?
« Reply #16821 on: September 19, 2016, 03:11:06 pm »

Omni

cpohog

• Senior
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16822 on: September 19, 2016, 03:56:36 pm »

Hey Jacksonville Hog fans, I have lived in Jax for 23 years.....As mentioned Sneakers at the beach. Any Buffalo Wild Wings location, if you are in the Fleming Island area Taps bar and grill has a lot of Tvs. There are about 4 Miller's Ale Houses (Mandarin, Orange Park, Regency and Tinseltown area) World of Beer and Tilted Kilt both are also in Tinseltown.

Let me know where you decide to go.

Cmheinley

• Varsity
  • WPS
« Reply #16823 on: September 19, 2016, 09:36:34 pm »

How about Houston area? I'll be moving down there around the first of the year. Hopefully we'll still have a game left to play at that point :)

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #16824 on: September 19, 2016, 09:38:45 pm »

Buffalo Wild Wings in Addison (DFW) on Beltline Road is the official watch party spot in Dallas..........    there's always quite a few Hog fans watching from there......

Birminghog

• Hogvillian
  • Ludwig calls the Hogs at Hogville.net
« Reply #16825 on: September 19, 2016, 09:47:21 pm »

My son plays in high school band and we are traveling to Owasso, Ok this Saturday for a band competition.  is there any good family friendly places to watch the hogs around Tulsa, OK?  Also my son will be in Dallas, TX on October 8th for another band competition.  Any recommendations for a good family friendly place to watch the hogs in Dallas.  Woo Pig

Lol, I'm in charge of a band contest this Saturday night. Wish it were an afternoon game. My wife will text, and I will sneak a peek at Watch ESPN when I can.

Trm123

• Varsity
« Reply #16826 on: September 20, 2016, 11:15:43 am »

Thanks @cpohog and @HawginFL1991. I plan on going to Kickback at gastros at some point Friday. Still undecided about Saturday message me if you want to get my contact info and we can all watch the game together somewhere.

hogwildinhotsprings

• Bench Warmer
  • Go Hogs Go
« Reply #16827 on: September 20, 2016, 11:54:47 am »

Thank you DLUX. 

Lookout Block

• Walk-On
Any recommendations on where to watch the aTm game in Kansas City?
« Reply #16828 on: September 21, 2016, 05:03:50 pm »

I'm going to be at Kansas City this weekend, so I won't be able to watch the aTm game from my usual skybox at Farrell's.  Are there any bars in KC that are refuge bars for hog fans?

RazrRila99

Re: Any recommendations on where to watch the aTm game in Kansas City?
« Reply #16829 on: September 21, 2016, 05:17:26 pm »

Just did a quick on Facebook, since that group seems to move around a lot - Gran Falloon at Country Club Plaza (Ward Parkway) appears to be the area watch party. 

hogrocker

• Varsity
« Reply #16830 on: September 21, 2016, 05:51:58 pm »

I'd watch it in Dallas.

popcornhog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #16831 on: September 21, 2016, 05:55:13 pm »

I'm going to be at Kansas City this weekend, so I won't be able to watch the aTm game from my usual skybox at Farrell's.  Are there any bars in KC that are refuge bars for hog fans?

Watch parties in the City proper have moved from Johnny's downtown to Gran Faloon on the Plaza this year.

I believe there's also a watch party in OP every Saturday, if you're out that way.

Lookout Block

• Walk-On
« Reply #16832 on: September 22, 2016, 05:17:38 pm »

Thanks so much to all that replied. Gran Falloon it is.

DallasHogFan

• Senior
  • It's hip to Bē
Tickets outside Jerry World
« Reply #16833 on: September 22, 2016, 05:51:43 pm »

Soooo I've got some buddies here in Dallas (non-hog fans) and we have a guys weekend this weekend. None of them were willing to through down $250 for decent seats so I brought up the idea of hitting up some tailgates to hang out a cpl hours then hang out outside the stadium and trying to scalp some leftover tickets 10 min or so after kick off. I'll have it DVRd and will watch it full through when I get home. Anyone every used StubHub or seat geek after kick off or right before? Figured they'd be willing to throw down $50-75 or we'll just find a bar across from the stadium.

Uncle SI

• Varsity
Parking at Jerry World
« Reply #16834 on: September 22, 2016, 07:38:28 pm »

First time going. Where's the best place to park? Would like a place that we can get out fairly quickly.

HogPharmer

• Hogvillian
  • KCCO
Re: Parking at Jerry World
« Reply #16835 on: September 22, 2016, 08:02:38 pm »

Good luck... Prepare to pay $50+ and don't get in a hurry. Unless you plan on leaving before the 2nd OT

sasnakrafan

• Senior
Re: Tickets outside Jerry World
« Reply #16836 on: September 22, 2016, 08:05:09 pm »

Fair warning you'll easily pay 30-50$ for parking. I usually go there to tailgate and I don't see very many tickets. I did see some on ticket master for 85 the other day so you may try that.

20hog11

• Varsity
« Reply #16837 on: September 22, 2016, 09:25:57 pm »

Park at J Gillian's in Arlington. $8 shuttle per person to the game. Easier to get away from traffic. We did this last year and will be doing it again this year.

http://www.jgilligans.com

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #16838 on: September 22, 2016, 09:35:06 pm »

Park at J Gillian's in Arlington. $8 shuttle per person to the game. Easier to get away from traffic. We did this last year and will be doing it again this year.

http://www.jgilligans.com

If you use a shuttle, make sure you know EXACTLY where it will be after the game.  The place is a mad house.

cvhog

• Band Nerd
« Reply #16839 on: September 22, 2016, 09:36:49 pm »

A few years ago we tried to sell some tickets outside of Cowboys stadium less than face value.  A police officer came over to us and said there was an Arlington city ordinance that says you can't sell any tickets outside the stadium.  There was a registered ticket broker across the street at a gas station that could buy and sell, but the public could not.  So be careful if you try to do this.  My experience is about 4 years old so this could have changed.

Pigsknuckles

• When you least expect it...
« Reply #16840 on: September 22, 2016, 09:40:55 pm »

Thankfully, there is not a Rangers game that night. I'm sure they coordinate those things, but I had to check. There is a lot I parked in for the OM/OSU Cotton Bowl a few years back. Was about a half mile North of the Jerry Dome, adjacent to Globe Life Stadium (Rangers). Was $40.00 then. Probably more now. Was an easy in and out if you pre-planned.

Mr. Porkleone

« Reply #16842 on: September 22, 2016, 09:46:52 pm »

60$ last year around stadium.   best bet i'd park at holiday inn or crown plaza. call uber, will cost you 12$ and will drop off right in front stadium. will pick you up st chase bank after game. it's fast and only way we do it.

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #16843 on: September 22, 2016, 11:20:02 pm »

Always park in Lot 10, leave as soon as the game is over and never have any problems leaving. That is parking right by the gates to get out.

GirlHog

• Senior
« Reply #16844 on: September 23, 2016, 01:12:20 am »

We always use a parking sight on the web that's really cheap. $24. Easy in and out and close to 360

Uncle SI

• Varsity
« Reply #16845 on: September 23, 2016, 04:47:06 am »

Thanks everyone. Can't wait to kickoff. WPS

WooPig90

• Hogvillian
« Reply #16846 on: September 23, 2016, 08:51:06 am »

Uber

Uncle SI

• Varsity
« Reply #16847 on: September 23, 2016, 10:11:55 am »

Did Uber last year after the game in Knoxville. It was a mess trying to sink up with a driver and thousands of cars driving by.

MAL3

• Varsity
Interstate 30 updates?
« Reply #16848 on: September 23, 2016, 01:54:32 pm »

Not sure if it's back open but Hope - Texarkana was one lane a month ago and took about an hour to get 30 miles. Anyone passing through that can update this hourly would be greatly appreciated

oldman1015

• Hogvillian
Re: Interstate 30 updates?
« Reply #16849 on: September 23, 2016, 01:59:31 pm »

Arkansas, the orange barrel state. Other states close 2 miles and work on it. We close 15 miles with orange barrels and no one is there.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 ... 346   Go Up

Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please. KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas