Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs Kansas?

Started by stillslimshady, March 17, 2007, 10:32:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Bacon

Calimari also wouldn't renew us in scheduling with Mempiss because he wanted to play better teams, or something to that effect.  He's a jack leg.

MM-gohogs

Quote from: shake2005 on March 18, 2007, 08:23:04 am
Quote from: DaniHog on March 17, 2007, 11:27:45 pm
Word is Bill Self is unhappy at KU and wants to get closer to his Tulsa home.  He has always loved Bud Walton Arena.  Coach Heath has to leave before any of this becomes an issue.  If he does leave, there is not guarantee that Self will come here.  But I think there is a better chance than KU fans might think.  The Vandy coach (Stallings, former KU assistant) would be a top candidate for KU job if Self came here. 

Bill Self is NOT from Tulsa, He's from OKC (Edmond)

thanks to the magic of wikipedia, i find that self is from okmulgee, closer to tulsa than okc, so slim is technically wrong. but it doesn't matter you'd have to be extremely unhappy to leave a top 10 program like kansas
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

shake2005

Bill Self was born in Okmulgee, his family is from Morris and he grew up in Edmond where his father was Edmond High School's basketball coach.

Specifically.

HOG71

Quote from: stillslimshady on March 18, 2007, 10:00:49 am
Quote from: HOG71 on March 18, 2007, 09:17:06 am
Let me help you out.

http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/history

Looks like Kansas is right in the "cellar" with Arkansas. 

Kansas 2.....over 30 years between.....last NC, 36 years ago.

Ark 1.....13 years ago.

Kansas is so much more of a top program than Arkansas
Kansas actually has 4, 2 that predate the NCAA tourney.  Still twice as many ncaa champioships as Ak, just like twice as many final fours..............

I guess Harvard, Yale, and Princeton are the king of football, if we want to go back to the stone age.  Kansas has one modern NC as well as Arkansas......and that is all that matters. 

Final fours.....you are counting "almosts"??

Check UCLA, KY, and Duke.....if you were talking about one of those schools, then I would have to agree.  Oh no, and none of those schools are in the Big 12......surely not