Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Stan Heath going to be fired? If so when?

Started by Hollywood_HOGan, March 16, 2007, 11:10:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jackflash

I like Stan, my question is if your going to kept him one more year then fire him, is next year when we have seven scholarship open, I can't see the sense in that. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jbcarol

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 18, 2007, 10:45:10 pm
Michigan fired a coach after winning the NCAAT. So did UCLA. Firing Heath after one and done two years in a row is nothing compared to that.

You made me think on that one and I checked the sources to make sure.

After winning in 1995 Jim Harrick coached one more year at UCLA.  He left in 1996.  I can't recall if he made the tournament that year but his record indicates a bubble.

Of course John Wooden retired on his own terms after winning in 1975.

Bill Friedan announced during the tournament that he was leaving Michigan for Arizona St.  He was either let go or left.  (Don't the the door hit ya...)  Steve Fisher, an assistant took over as interim and Michigan won the tournament.  People don't leave or get fired now until the job is done (unlike football and bowl participation).

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pigonometry

Harrick is not a good comparison.  He broke some rules and lied about it.  Heath has not done that.
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

Philip Seaton

Sorry to some if this thread seems a bit off — including those that started threads — but since everyone is still asking the same questions, I went ahead and made on thread (merge 6 or 7 on the same topic) for an easier read...carry on.

jbcarol

Quote from: Pigonometry on March 19, 2007, 05:59:42 am
Harrick is not a good comparison.  He broke some rules and lied about it.  Heath has not done that.

Like comparing apples to rotten apples
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: philip.seaton on March 19, 2007, 06:27:19 am
Sorry to some if this thread seems a bit off — including those that started threads — but since everyone is still asking the same questions, I went ahead and made on thread (merge 6 or 7 on the same topic) for an easier read...carry on.

Good call.  Thank you!!!

pikehog

HDN was not fired after not making a bowl game for 2 years (football equal to NCAA tourney), why should Heath be fired after making the NCAA tourney 2 years straight?

hawgaramus

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on March 16, 2007, 11:10:26 pm
they said he's fired UNLESS we make the ncaa tournament.

well we made the NCAAT but played like pure horsecrap.
this is unacceptible at Arkansas or SHOULD be unacceptible at Arkansas.

wish this crap was over with earlier in the day. Frick!!!!!!

How are we going to get rid of him when he accomplished the ultimatum?

All that was said was that if he doesn't make the tournament that he is definitely fired.  I don't think anybody ever said that he wouldn't be fired if he did make the tournament.  I personnally don't think that being the last team in the tournament, and being a very debatable pick should be a benchmark for anybody keeping their job, much less a coach at Arkansas.

IBreal

Either way Arkasas will ending up on the losing end of things.  If they fired Heaht, then it'll take them years to rebuild the program that is on the way up.  If they don't fired him, the fans still will not give him the chance to do what he's suppose to do and then he'll quit.  He is gone IMO either way.  They say that Arkansas has the most terrific fans anywhere.  IMO, these fans here at Ark are all losers and whinners.  Crybabies that can't stand the fact that this is just a game.  There's winning and losing in sports.  One can't possibly think that the Razorbacks were going to make the sweet 16 with the guys that they've got.  For them to make it to the Big Dance was an accomplishment already.  Everybody was so upset over how USC beat Arkansas.  Hell, look at the way Texas got beat.  Texas is a lot better team than Arkansas.  Now I know all of those people that were crying like little babies when USC won are now speechless because they know now that they reacted in wrongway.

hawgtime

Quote from: tenhog on March 17, 2007, 02:49:29 pm
How can you fire Heath who has done as well as Nutt???  The only difference is that Heath has character and Nutt is an egotistical slime ball.

i agree.... FIRE THEM BOTH!!!!!