Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBS March Madness On Demand (Seriously, ALL posts go here. Don't start a new thread!)

Started by NuttinItUp, March 15, 2007, 09:16:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

http://ncaasports.com/mmod

Sign up if you haven't yet. Most of the NCAA tournament games will be available to be seen online for free it looks like.

I think it will only allow you to see games that aren't the featured game in your area, but of course there are always ways around that.  ;)

NuttinItUp

By the way, for anyone that has already signed up. I would go ahead and get in line. It doesn't appear they are letting anyone in yet, but the line keeps getting longer and longer on the little pop up page, so when they do start letting people in, you will be further up in line.

(Line is up to about 10,000 people in regular and 5,500 in VIP so far)

Hogtropolis™

Just thought I would let everyone know that the line is now open in the waiting room to get in and watch the tournament games.  I am 13,596 out of 15,854 (the number of people in the room is growing fast)

BrooklynRoss

Wow, I logged in and apparently I'm a VIP member and I get bumped up in line a bit. I'm so going to get fired today. Any advertising copywriter positions available in Northwest Arkansas?
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on March 15, 2007, 09:47:44 am
Wow, I logged in and apparently I'm a VIP member and I get bumped up in line a bit. I'm so going to get fired today. Any advertising copywriter positions available in Northwest Arkansas?
What number in line are you?  And I won't get anything done either.

Grag T

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Hogtropolis™

Now the line is up to almost 26,000 people in the VIP line.  It's growing fast too.  I'm 13,596.  Where are some others at?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 15, 2007, 09:16:44 am

Sign up if you haven't yet. Most of the NCAA tournament games will be available to be seen online for free it looks like.

I think it will only allow you to see games that aren't the featured game in your area, but of course there are always ways around that.  ;)
What are the ways around that? Changing my zip code?

Hogtropolis™

I know it says they will start letting people in 30 min before the first game, but does anyone have any clue how many they are going to let in?

Hogtropolis™

Check that, it now says they are targeting 11:30 EST to let people in (10:30 our time).

CTHOG

I'm 19,307 but its filling fast. Another alternative to watch CBS would be to install TVUPlayer.

h**p://www.tvunetworks.com/

CBS is on the list today, If you have never used TVUPlayer, it takes a bit for the stream to catch up, but, the quality is great!

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 06, 2007, 10:13:22 pmI hereby dub you "ThesaurusHog"!

Quondo Omni Flunkus Mortati

If it moves, its Biology.
If it stinks, its Chemistry.
If it doesn't work, its Physics.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 15, 2007, 09:51:56 am
Quote from: BrooklynRoss on March 15, 2007, 09:47:44 am
What number in line are you?  And I won't get anything done either.

Here's what it says on their site:

31,078 people in the VIP line

YOU ARE HERE - No. 17,593 

If you were in General Admission, you would be: 30,181

------------

Did you know?

If you didn't have VIP access, you would now be 30,181 in the General Admission line.
It's good to be you! 61,309 people in the General Admission line

YOU WOULD BE HERENo. 30,181

KingoftheHill

This is so stupid.  Why don't they just let anyone sign up to view it.

GorillaJMonsoon

I know it wont matter for the friday game but if we win does anyone know how to set up the TOR/firefox deal so you can see games that are blacked out?  I did it last year but forgot how.  It masks your IP adress so they dont know where you are and therefore you dont have games blacked out.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 15, 2007, 10:01:37 am
Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 15, 2007, 09:16:44 am

What are the ways around that? Changing my zip code?
Well, you can try that (or register a new account with a different zip if that doesn't work), but I think last year we decided that did not work. I believe they use your IP to determine where you are coming from, so you would need to use an anonymizer (like Tor which is the one I use) to show your IP as something else. (Note: you would probably have to also change your zip)

Luckily I am in a place where I can watch the local games on my regular tv, and the out of area games on the computer. (That's what I call multitasking!)

jhudson84

I was 8,000 earlier but had to reboot now I am 18,000 out of 71,000

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 15, 2007, 10:01:14 am
Now the line is up to almost 26,000 people in the VIP line.  It's growing fast too.  I'm 13,596.  Where are some others at?

I am at 3,156.  :P

CTHOG

The TVU Broadcast should not get blacked out. The broadcasts are from individuals and can come from anywhere in the country. The CBS streaming today is from San Francisco.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 06, 2007, 10:13:22 pmI hereby dub you "ThesaurusHog"!

HogFan1973

that thing was such a joke last year, I didn't even bother signing up this year.  Let me know how it goes for you guys this year - maybe they have improved it for this year.

CTHOG

Someone is even streaming the Dallas Cowboys Network.  :)

dirthog

"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

KingoftheHill

Quote from: Air It Out Gus on March 15, 2007, 10:25:20 am
that thing was such a joke last year, I didn't even bother signing up this year.  Let me know how it goes for you guys this year - maybe they have improved it for this year.

I didn't do it last year, so I can't tell you if it's improved but I'm willing to bet that it hasn't.  I've now got to wait on 90,000 people before I can watch.  This is beyond stupid.

zebra

dirthog

how many do they let in at one time
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

jhudson84

when can we start getting in?

KingoftheHill

Quote from: CTHOG on March 15, 2007, 10:08:04 am
I'm 19,307 but its filling fast. Another alternative to watch CBS would be to install TVUPlayer.

h**p://www.tvunetworks.com/

CBS is on the list today, If you have never used TVUPlayer, it takes a bit for the stream to catch up, but, the quality is great!

+1 to you.  Screw CBS online.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: KingoftheHill on March 15, 2007, 10:13:54 am
This is so stupid.  Why don't they just let anyone sign up to view it.

I'm not sure, but my best guess is that I signed up last year so I'm already a unique registered user in the database(s) so there's no lag on the servers (which are insanely busy today) to sign me up. People who are registering are using server muscle, and since it seems like they're spacing requests out in order to accommodate everyone, it probably places registering members behind other actions. Or something. Anyone with an IT background know how this works?

jhudson84

up to 92,000....we can we expect to get in?

Bomis Hawg

I'm 38+ out of 50 and a half thousand.
This could be interesting.

zebra

I heard they can let 300,000 at a time.

dirthog

for some reason I just got bumbed out of my 4000 spot to 90000 what gives.

also tvu is showing the morning show

NuttinItUp

Red Tusk

I'm 89978. They show letting one in every 20 sec yet my # is not dropping. At that rate I'll get to see the final.
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

zebra

They are now letting people in.

Hogtropolis™

I'm now at 6,000 something

Red Tusk

If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

KingoftheHill

Quote from: dirthog on March 15, 2007, 10:35:30 am
for some reason I just got bumbed out of my 4000 spot to 90000 what gives.

also tvu is showing the morning show

I know.  TVU is like 2 hours behind.  I guess we'll see which one comes in first.

HoopS

i'm #38,975 and dropping.... was 49,000 just minutes ago.

KingoftheHill

I've jumped up fast.  I'm now at like 17,000 or something.

Hogtropolis™

jhudson84

down to 4800 let those of you know how it is when i get in....this is like waiting outside of a club.  your the dork and you just know the bouncer gonna throw you...(our case boss coming around the corner)

HoopS

around 31,000 now...dropping fast... almost to the orange section :puke:

A-Town Hog Fan

I am number 47000.  Son of a bi*ch
Lord help us all!

KingoftheHill

Are they gonna kick people out if they've been in watching for too long?  Cause I'm not moving for a while.

GiantFoamFingerMak

Quote from: KingoftheHill on March 15, 2007, 10:02:14 am
I'm 46,110.  This sucks.

it will move fast and you will get to watch all you want...this whole vip thing is just a way to get your information so they can market you through email.
Definition of HDN:  "College football's most aptly-surnamed sideline stalker twitches and fidgets like a snake-handling minister preaching a revival in a circus tent by the river while taking crystal meth and being jabbed in the backside by a cattle prod."

GiantFoamFingerMak

Definition of HDN:  "College football's most aptly-surnamed sideline stalker twitches and fidgets like a snake-handling minister preaching a revival in a circus tent by the river while taking crystal meth and being jabbed in the backside by a cattle prod."

Hogtropolis™

What does the "Boss Button" do?  I'm afraid to push it in fear that it might kick me out.