Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why the interest in Tulsa and Gus Malzahn?

Started by taoteching, March 14, 2007, 05:35:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

taoteching

First, let me say that I agree that any head coach has the right and privilege of hiring anybody who he wants. Period.  I feel that every head coach is responsible for the team's performance and should direct the offense, defense, and anything else.  He must do what he feels is best for the team.  If Houston Nutt wanted to bring in David Lee, that is his privilege of being head coach.  In this case, Gus Malzahn wanted to be the offensive coordinator and Houston Nutt wanted something else. Period.  Gus went to Tulsa because he felt like he could run the offense as he wanted. Houston and Gus are both in a situation where they are more comfortable.  I personally understand and hope everybody does well.

Second, I will follow all aspects of Razorback sports and they are first in my heart.  I sincerely hope the Razorbacks do very well.  They should. 

However, Guz Malzahn has a rare opportunity at Tulsa.  The head coach at Tulsa is defense oriented and wants Gus to take charge of the offense.  The Tulsa team is returning a very good quarterback. The Tulsa team should be very good even without Gus Malzahn. 

Gus Malzahn has a proven record of running the HUNH offense.  Texas Tech and several other schools are using a version of the HUNH.  It will be very interesting to see how well Gus Malzahn does with the HUNH at Tulsa.

I am making this post because I am a sports fan.  I think Arkansas should have a good season next year if key players do well and stay heathy.  I am excited about the seeing Daren McFaddin make a run for Heisman.  And....I don't see anything wrong with following the progress of the Tulsa team.

Fayetnam

OK! Lets get this right. What Gus runs and what Texas Tech runs is NOT THE SAME OFFENSE! So many people say that and don't know the facts. Texas Tech run a pass happy offense....a version of the run and shoot! Gus runs a Hurry Up but bases each drive on what the defense give him. I have officiated Gus 7 times in four years and have seen him run the ball 9 straight time with Clinkscale when the opposing team had 7 d'backs! Then when the team adjusted and put in the line backers and went with 4 d'backs, he passes until the team adjusted again. Gus takes what the D gives him. Texas Tech passes....passes.....passes. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since 1894

Because we will always wonder,

"What could have been"
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

taoteching

Quote from: Fayetnam on March 14, 2007, 05:43:17 pm
OK! Lets get this right. What Gus runs and what Texas Tech runs is NOT THE SAME OFFENSE! So many people say that and don't know the facts. Texas Tech run a pass happy offense....a version of the run and shoot! Gus runs a Hurry Up but bases each drive on what the defense give him. I have officiated Gus 7 times in four years and have seen him run the ball 9 straight time with Clinkscale when the opposing team had 7 d'backs! Then when the team adjusted and put in the line backers and went with 4 d'backs, he passes until the team adjusted again. Gus takes what the D gives him. Texas Tech passes....passes.....passes. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the post.  I really appreciate hearing more about the Malzahn HUNH. I have never had the opportunity to see it in action but have heard a lot about it.

Swing

" He Will Return "
So why shouldnt we be interested in what he does at Tulsa?

Silver Hog

Quote from: Since 1894 on March 14, 2007, 05:49:33 pm
Because we will always wonder,

"What could have been"
Sing it on high brother , sing it on high.

HawgAlude

you got to see a flash of it on the final drive in the USC game. It was ran with like 3 minutes or something left in the 4th quarter when MM hit DW for a 50 yard touchdown pass. We won't see that next year....

pignation

Yes...we ran it when the scrubs were in...never got to see it against everyone else.  Wished we could have seen if it was worthwhile or not.  But, I'm not about to say it was great when it was in the last 3 minutes of an incredibly lopsided game.

stratpkr

Quote from: pignation on March 14, 2007, 06:30:46 pm
Yes...we ran it when the scrubs were in...never got to see it against everyone else.  Wished we could have seen if it was worthwhile or not.  But, I'm not about to say it was great when it was in the last 3 minutes of an incredibly lopsided game.

Yep, it was against their scrubs, but I bet their scrubs probably could've had the same record against our schedule that we had.

Sao Ming

There is no interest.  It's all posturing to see who adores Gus the best without ever making the actual committment to attend a game.

Duh!

oldhawg

Quote from: Sao Ming on March 14, 2007, 06:36:08 pm
There is no interest.  It's all posturing to see who adores Gus the best without ever making the actual committment to attend a game.

Duh!

The fact that people are reading and posting indicates at least some degree of interest-----especially since this topic keeps coming up and people keep reading and posting.

Sao Ming

March 14, 2007, 07:00:45 pm #11 Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 07:04:45 pm by Sao Ming
Quote from: oldhawg on March 14, 2007, 06:57:27 pm

Duh!

The fact that people are reading and posting indicates at least some degree of interest-----especially since this topic keeps coming up and people keep reading and posting.

I smited you back by the way.  And you're wrong too.  I have a thread to prove it.

razorback3072

Quote from: stratpkr on March 14, 2007, 06:33:29 pm

Yep, it was against their scrubs, but I bet their scrubs probably could've had the same record against our schedule that we had.

this is not necessarily true.  It was run on MM's first series in the game with 9:41 left to play.  PC still had several starters in on D and the rest were backups.  Remember, backups doesn't necessarily mean scrubs.  I'm not saying it was against all their first teamers but also remember PC doesn't call off the dogs until like a minute left.  This link has been posted before but watch it and pay attention.  They RUN the ball with Felix for about a 20 yard gain, out of the HUNH.  80 yards in 1:18 for a TD.  It's all about keeping the D off balance. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRa3uv_lKwg
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Silver Hog

"This may be the start of the Mitch Mustain Era!"

DOGALUM

The pass to Williams wasn't for a TD.  Mitch ran it in himself. 

That said.....enough with the "it was against their scrubs" crap.  According to Nutt, we did that with our 2nd string QB.  (might have been 3rd string had Dick been healthy) 

You drive against any USC defense with that much success and you've done something. 

Bottom line.....Nutt is a tool....Gus knows football.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

jabohog

Quote from: DOGALUM on March 14, 2007, 07:28:56 pm
The pass to Williams wasn't for a TD.  Mitch ran it in himself. 

That said.....enough with the "it was against their scrubs" crap.  According to Nutt, we did that with our 2nd string QB.  (might have been 3rd string had Dick been healthy) 

You drive against any USC defense with that much success and you've done something. 

Bottom line.....Nutt is a tool....Gus knows football.
That's right DOGALUM, Pete Carrol was quoted in the paper as saying that drive really turned them around and was the only one we had worth a hoot all night.

Jellohawg

It's time we all move on!! Nothing is going to change for the upcoming football season.  I wish Gus and all the athletes that left the best!  The future status of the current coaching staff is in their hands!  I know it will be hard for the Razorback Nation to come together, but we have got to try! We have to support the student athletes.

Annax10

Quote from: swisshog on March 14, 2007, 07:24:33 pm
"This may be the start of the Mitch Mustain Era!"

That makes me so sad to listen to now!  But, oh the memories...

mcb

Gus ran the ball 55% of the time and passed the ball 45% of the time with out a huddle. He probably would have won just as many by huddling.  Gus lift to go to Tulsa because DL was hired to help with the QB's and share the responsibilities with GM as OC. Gus had already been talking to the new HC at TU about a job!  Packed his bags and left!                                                       End of story!.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Sao Ming on March 14, 2007, 07:00:45 pm

Duh!

I smited you back by the way.  And you're wrong too.  I have a thread to prove it.

You still haven't answered me.  Do you need tickets to the OU game, or are you going to buy them yourself?

Come on Sao, i need to know soon.

31to6

USC's scrubs are faster and more talented than alot of teams starters.

Yes, we can't read too much into it's success on that one drive. But I guarantee you if that drive had been 3 and out or an interception and we'd have heard about it non-stop.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: wdremington on March 14, 2007, 07:55:21 pm

Yes, we can't read too much into it's success on that one drive. But I guarantee you if that drive had been 3 and out or an interception and we'd have heard about it non-stop.

If my uncle were a woman, she would be my aunt.  What if?  Good grief.  It didn't implode did it.  It was successful.  And what did we do?  We told everyone we couldn't run it.

We told everyone in freaking spring it would take a while to put in.

Yet Tulsa is going 100% to it this year. 

It was successful.  Is it perfect?  Hell no.  Is it better than what we ran in 04 and 05?  Hell ya it is.

mcb

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 14, 2007, 07:58:53 pm
Quote from: wdremington on March 14, 2007, 07:55:21 pm

If my uncle were a woman, she would be my aunt.  What if?  Good grief.  It didn't implode did it.  It was successful.  And what did we do?  We told everyone we couldn't run it.

We told everyone in freaking spring it would take a while to put in.

Yet Tulsa is going 100% to it this year. 

It was successful.  Is it perfect?  Hell no.  Is it better than what we ran in 04 and 05?  Hell ya it is.

Where you a coach at the UOFA last season and if not where?

Fayetnam

Go Gus! You are a classy person! And you will again return to the hill! ONE DAY, ONE DAY!

The Marmot

I was a smart a$$ in some other Tulsa posts, and I guess I should have stated my opinion better. The only problem I have is with people who have started posting and commenting about how they now will be "supporting" Tulsa and buying their tix and attending their games, only b/c of their animosity about what has happened on the Hil, when a year ago they wouldn't have thought twice about Tulsa... even if Gus had gone there straight from Springdale. Its all about hoping they can throw it back at Nutt and his supporters, not being an actual fan of Tulsa.

If you truly are a Golden Hurricane fan, great... support them, support Gus, and let those other GH fans on here know about them. I personally wish Gus the best and hope he does well... but for me, he is no longer a Razorback, and I have no interest in Tulsa.

Once again, its my opinion there are quite a few people on here who are claiming to now be Tulsa "fans", just to spite Nutt, and I think thats pretty sad.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Hog Realist

mcb

Quote from: heater on March 14, 2007, 08:07:21 pm
I was a smart a$$ in some other Tulsa posts, and I guess I should have stated my opinion better. The only problem I have is with people who have started posting and commenting about how they now will be "supporting" Tulsa and buying their tix and attending their games, only b/c of their animosity about what has happened on the Hil, when a year ago they wouldn't have thought twice about Tulsa... even if Gus had gone there straight from Springdale. Its all about hoping they can throw it back at Nutt and his supporters, not being an actual fan of Tulsa.

If you truly are a Golden Hurricane fan, great... support them, support Gus, and let those other GH fans on here know about them. I personally wish Gus the best and hope he does well... but for me, he is no longer a Razorback, and I have no interest in Tulsa.

Once again, its my opinion there are quite a few people on here who are claiming to now be Tulsa "fans", just to spite Nutt, and I think thats pretty sad.

+1 for you post. What is this with this Karma thing? Do you get free tickets to a TU game add a big mac from the TU fans if you have more + than -.

HawgAlude

and do you think 70,000 fans were at the opening game of last season to see another NUTT led football team?

How about No- they were there to see the future of razorback football. The great heights this squad could have achieved is not going to be known because Houston Felt insecure about have GUS on the staff and the writing was on the wall. Like it or not, Houston Nutt was not the reason we went 8-0 -- he was the main reason we went 2-5 including a bowl loss to an inferior Wisconsin team.

mcb

I have always like TU football. Long before GM went there. But some are using it as a tool for the funny of it.

TulsaHogFan

Let me put it to you this way.

Lets say you walk into McDonalds and ask for a Burger with extra onions.  They say, "Absolutly" and then proceed to open the burger, spit in it, and then serve it to you, all while you watch them from 10 feet away.  They then thank you and ask if you would like another burger. 

You complain.  HOW DARE THEY!  You scream and all they say is, "Thank you, would you like another burger?"  You relent.  And order another burger.  Cause surely, they won't do it again.  Well they proceed to get a few people from the back to spit in the burger this time.  Now they ask you, if you would like to pay extra in the form of a donation to your next burger, just so you have the opportunity to purchase a burger again.

You flip and say hell no, and say your going to Wendy's.  You go over to Wendy's and they sell you a burger, and in front of you explain everything they do to make it the best burger you have ever had.  However you have had some damn good burgers in your time.  Its not the best, but its a damn good burger.  They tell you if you ever want another burger, they will do everything in their power to try and make the next one a better burger.

Meanwhile at McDonalds.  They are out front telling people, you're a spoiled brat and a slap for not just buying the damn burgers and being happy with it.  Your not a true fan of burgers unless you're buying their burgers.

People on the radio being paid by McDonalds in various ways such as free burgers, or because McDonalds got them their jobs, go on the radio to tell everyone they can, that anyone who does not buy burgers from McDonalds is not a true burger fan.

Well sorry buddy, but they spit in my burger in 04, 05 and 06 by firing Gus and running off two very very talented players. 

I am shopping somewhere else.  I liked the burgers Arkansas was selling, but until management fires the SOB's spitting in my burgers, i ain't buying a damn thing from them.

The Marmot

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 14, 2007, 08:24:58 pm

Lets say you walk into McDonalds and ask for a Burger with extra onions.  They say, "Absolutly" and then proceed to open the burger, spit in it, and then serve it to you, all while you watch them from 10 feet away.  They then thank you and ask if you would like another burger. 

You complain.  HOW DARE THEY!  You scream and all they say is, "Thank you, would you like another burger?"  You relent.  And order another burger.  Cause surely, they won't do it again.  Well they proceed to get a few people from the back to spit in the burger this time.  Now they ask you, if you would like to pay extra in the form of a donation to your next burger, just so you have the opportunity to purchase a burger again.

You flip and say hell no, and say your going to Wendy's.  You go over to Wendy's and they sell you a burger, and in front of you explain everything they do to make it the best burger you have ever had.  However you have had some damn good burgers in your time.  Its not the best, but its a damn good burger.  They tell you if you ever want another burger, they will do everything in their power to try and make the next one a better burger.

Meanwhile at McDonalds.  They are out front telling people, you're a spoiled brat and a slap for not just buying the damn burgers and being happy with it.  Your not a true fan of burgers unless you're buying their burgers.

People on the radio being paid by McDonalds in various ways such as free burgers, or because McDonalds got them their jobs, go on the radio to tell everyone they can, that anyone who does not buy burgers from McDonalds is not a true burger fan.

Well sorry buddy, but they spit in my burger in 04, 05 and 06 by firing Gus and running off two very very talented players. 

I am shopping somewhere else.  I liked the burgers Arkansas was selling, but until management fires the SOB's spitting in my burgers, i ain't buying a damn thing from them.

I see your overall point, and I agree that Nutt and the rest are thumbing their nose at a large protion of the fanbase, but its a bad analogy. You want me to compare buying a burger to 20+ years of being a Razorback football fan. I will be a fan LONG after Nutt is gone... and I was indifferent to Tulsa before, and still are.

Were you a Tulsa fan before Gus was hired there? If so, I can understand your excitement. If not, if Gus fails, will you still "support" them"?
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: heater on March 14, 2007, 08:36:09 pm

I see your overall point, and I agree that Nutt and the rest are thumbing their nose at a large protion of the fanbase, but its a bad analogy. You want me to compare buying a burger to 20+ years of being a Razorback football fan. I will be a fan LONG after Nutt is gone... and I was indifferent to Tulsa before, and still are.

Were you a Tulsa fan before Gus was hired there? If so, I can understand your excitement. If not, if Gus fails, will you still "support" them"?

Lets say this.  No matter how long i have been a Razorback fan (almost 20 years), it does not excuse them spiting in my burger or thumbing their nose at me.  I am a fan and a customer.  I can still be a fan, yet purchase my product from someone else. 

I was a TU fan when they hired Burns from us.  Unfortunatly, Burns never did anything, however Kragthorpe did. 

Now its Graham and the rest of the staff's turn.  If they don't show a complete and utter focus on attempting to achieve the top results, i will request that they are removed.  Thats the difference.  While Arkansas states we can't afford nor attract a top quality coach (Broyles words not mine), while TU states, that with a quarter of the budget, just competing is not good enough.  They want to win. 

I don't care about how tough it is, you either do every damn thing in your power to win, or you aren't.  Arkansas isn't and therefore is not worthy of me spending money i bust my ass on.  TU does, and therefore is worthy of me spending my hard earned money on.

It doesn't mean i am not a fan, just i won't waste my strength working for money for them, if they are not going to work to earn my money.

Sao Ming

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 14, 2007, 07:52:15 pm
Quote from: Sao Ming on March 14, 2007, 07:00:45 pm

Duh!

You still haven't answered me.  Do you need tickets to the OU game, or are you going to buy them yourself?

Come on Sao, i need to know soon.

So no UCF and Orlando in October?  The road trip seems like more fun.  70-17's are no fun to watch.

The Marmot

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 14, 2007, 08:46:56 pm

Lets say this.  No matter how long i have been a Razorback fan (almost 20 years), it does not excuse them spiting in my burger or thumbing their nose at me.  I am a fan and a customer.  I can still be a fan, yet purchase my product from someone else. 

I was a TU fan when they hired Burns from us.  Unfortunatly, Burns never did anything, however Kragthorpe did. 

Now its Graham and the rest of the staff's turn.  If they don't show a complete and utter focus on attempting to achieve the top results, i will request that they are removed.  Thats the difference.  While Arkansas states we can't afford nor attract a top quality coach (Broyles words not mine), while TU states, that with a quarter of the budget, just competing is not good enough.  They want to win. 

I don't care about how tough it is, you either do every damn thing in your power to win, or you aren't.  Arkansas isn't and therefore is not worthy of me spending money i bust my ass on.  TU does, and therefore is worthy of me spending my hard earned money on.

It doesn't mean i am not a fan, just i won't waste my strength working for money for them, if they are not going to work to earn my money.

You were a fan before, so I can respect your support for Tulsa... and I can respect your choice to not support the Hogs with your $$$. I have decided not to go to that extreme, even though I want coaching changes as much as you. We all know change is on the way, with Frank on the way out. Like phony54 said... "coaches may come and go, but we, as fans, remain"... I hope you return soon, and maybe we'll have seats near each other and root the Hogs together. Until then, have fun at the GH games.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

razornole

haven't finished this page, but just in case nobody corrected the statment that is was USC scrubs, I'd like to call you attention to the fact that 7 of the SC's players started the game. *spit*
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

oldtimerhog

Nothing abo

Nothing that spites Nutts is bad.
Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 14, 2007, 08:24:58 pm

I sure hope you are a fan long after Nutt is gone, SOON!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

oldtimerhog

Because Tulsa and Gus are INTERESTING unlike Nutt and his pathetic offense. 
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

mcb

March 14, 2007, 09:28:59 pm #37 Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 09:45:34 pm by mcb
I hope GM is successful at TU. But before I pat him on the back he must do it with his offence. He was successful at Ark to, not running his offence as he has said. I know I keep bring this up but he got OCOTY running HN offence. That is the spit in my Wendy's burger.

[/quote]
TulsaHogFan
Well sorry buddy, but they spit in my burger in 04, 05 and 06 by firing Gus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is the first time that this was said! Is it true? The firing of Gus.

slopinhogs

i don't attend the games anymore azs i am now disabled and on homer oxygen 24-7. but that doesn't stop me from being adament about the hogs. it is my right as much as those who go to the games. i have been calling the hogs since 1948 and i didn't see any of you there.

but when the program is handled the way this one was last year it Pizzes me off. and i'm not sure i'm over it yet. if that offends you or makes you feel better because i no longer go to the games then so be it brothur.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Sao Ming

This should be in General Sports Forum with the other great Tulsa threads.

(see GSF for one hell of an informational tour on Tulsa Football and how to get YOUR Tulsa season tickets!)

mikeirwin

Quote from: Sao Ming on March 14, 2007, 09:50:28 pm
This should be in General Sports Forum with the other great Tulsa threads.

(see GSF for one hell of an informational tour on Tulsa Football and how to get YOUR Tulsa season tickets!)
Give it up. You do not moderate this board.
If you don't like the thread don't post in it.

mcb

Quote from: mcb on March 14, 2007, 09:28:59 pm
I hope GM is successful at TU. But before I pat him on the back he must do it with his offence. He was successful at Ark to, not running his offence as he has said. I know I keep bring this up but he got OCOTY running HN offence. That is the spit in my Wendy's burger.

TulsaHogFan
Well sorry buddy, but they spit in my burger in 04, 05 and 06 by firing Gus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is the first time that this was said! Is it true? The firing of Gus.
[/quote]

Has TulsaHogFan  changed names to keep from answering Q"s .

Mike  did  Gus get fired at Ark?  Or is this a way to cover up the fact that he was talking to the new HC at TU about a job will he was still the OC at ARK.

TulsaHogFan

I misspoke 100%

My apologies to anyone who it confused.

Prior to Gus being demoted to simply a position coach he entertained and accepted an offer from TU.

In the same manner HDN entertained and accepted an offer from Nebraska before backing out at the last second.

Again my apologies to anyone it confused.  Gus was demoted not fired.  Hell of a way to reward the Rivals OCOTY.

Can we do the same thing to the SEC COTY?

mcb

I did
Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 14, 2007, 10:19:51 pm
I misspoke 100%

Prior to Gus being demoted to simply a position coach he entertained and accepted an offer from TU.

In the same manner HDN entertained and accepted an offer from Nebraska before backing out at the last second.

Again my apologies to anyone it confused.  Gus was demoted not fired.  Hell of a way to reward the Rivals OCOTY.

I did not think he had been fired. Everyone knew HN was looking at Neb. Thy asked the UofA permission too talk to him. TU never ask. I think thats against NCAA rules? People have been trying to demot/fire HN.

mcb

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 14, 2007, 10:19:51 pm
I misspoke 100%

Thank you for answering  my Q.

hillhog

Who is PC to comment on football anyway??? Wait, he is a proven consistent winner isn't he!!! Sorry about that, I had HDN on my mind.

ozarkhog

Because Nutt does what he thinks is best for Nutt, not what is best for the Team.
Always has Always will.
AKA: Snowflake  
Watch your thoughts; they become your words.
Watch your words; they become your actions.
Watch your actions; they become your habits.
Watch your habits; they become your character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

Mr. Hog

Get your facts straight, It was against 7 USC starters and 4 other guys that would be starters before year's end !

Know the facts !
Go Hogs Go!

Porkerpower

If Malzahn was a stock, I for one would be all over it, as with many others on here.

He's dripping with class and integrity, to traits the UA is desperate for. 

It's no big deal for Gus and Hooston to not "click".  Expected really.  That's a compliment to Gus for all of you Huggers.

The Nutt regime is in its twilight, not long for the history books.  Some of us wish it was tomorrow.  But it'll be very soon.

Empty seats will speak volumes this fall.  Boo birds will sing from the mountaintops.  Nutt will walk out on his own.  The fans will speak and finally be heard.

It's all coming this fall.  Be patient.