Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Way to go Drexel - you really showed Arkansas and the world you belong....

Started by BrotherBerle, March 14, 2007, 09:23:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on March 14, 2007, 05:29:56 pm
Arkansas got lucky...period, now way around it. Kansas State, Drexel, Syracuse all deserve to be in over them. Illinois and Stanford should not be in either.

Hate on Drexel all you want, so they got beat by NC State. NC State beat North Carolina, Va Tech among others

Drexel = fourth place in the Colonial.  If the fourth-place team in the Colonial ever goes to the NCAAT in the long history of mankind, I'll be shocked.
[CENSORED]!

sharks89

TU -

piss and moan all you want.

Cuse is out

Hogs are in,...

Make excuses about the RPI and SOS all you want, other less deserving teams made the field and the Hogs will prove the deserve to be in Friday night!

And Stanford is showing the country they had NO BUSINESS in the NCAA's.
If USC plays like the Cardinal, we should do well.

GO HOGS!! Beat the prophylactics
Go Hogs!

Butkus51

Let's just enjoy the game and see if Ark. deserves to be in the tourney. ;D

Jim Harris

Quote from: Butkus51 on March 15, 2007, 01:32:17 pm

Arkansas is a 12th seed. If the win it may prove they belong, but if they lose it won't prove anything, since 12th seeds aren't supposed to beat 5th seeds.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

jbcarol

Arkansas got lucky...period, now way around it. Kansas State, Drexel, Syracuse all deserve to be in over them. Illinois and Stanford should not be in either.

Hate on Drexel all you want, so they got beat by NC State. NC State beat North Carolina, Va Tech among others

Drexel is looking good compared to Stanford right now.  They were Sunday too.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

newTUfan

Quote from: drakehog on March 15, 2007, 12:03:53 pm

Obviously, from following the newTUfan plan of college basketball analysis and watching hours of it on TV, I have judged the past two nights that, indeed, Drexel, Syracuse and K-State DID NOT belong in the dance. They are in the tournament they belong in, and Syracuse and K-State are BARELY still in it, while Drexel is now packing up the basketballs.
Oh, I know: They're not as inspired playing the NIT as they would have been in the NCAA. Right. Find any other spin you want to try to justify your position, but the fact is, 10 guys in a room decide who's in and they decided Arkansas, Illinois and Stanford are in and that Drexel, SU and KSU in fact did not measure up for at-large spots, and my eyesight says they were correct.

Again, while I'm at it, if you're going to come over here as an Iowa fan and continue the crap-stirring four days after Selection Day, you're not going be around long.

Would you be more inspired to go on a date with Carmen Electra (NCAA tournament) or Orpah (NIT)?
Didn't the Hogs have a problem with being inspired a few weeks ago?
Tell me you really think that the Hogs would have beat NC State and I will know just how much you know about basketball.
NC State would have beaten Ark, Stanford, and Illinois.
What happens in the NIT means nothing when it comes to the Big Dance.

dowils

Lets see, Arkansas is in the Dance and Syracuse is NOT.....    Case closed!!!!!!!!!LOL   Go Hogs!!!

newTUfan

Quote from: dowils on March 15, 2007, 02:51:44 pm
Lets see, Arkansas is in the Dance and Syracuse is NOT.....    Case closed!!!!!!!!!LOL   Go Hogs!!!
Nice way to run from a debate.........

jbcarol

The 7th best team in a conference is dissatisfied about not getting in the tournament.  They do not leave their home state during the pre-conference schedule (recipe for not getting in the Tournament if you are on the bubble).  Best non-conference road win:  Canisius in Buffalo (short road trip).  Lost at home to Drexel.  Best conference road win is at Marquette (not bad an 8 seed, Vandy is a 6 seed).  Lose in round two of the conference tournament.  I'd blame it on the schedule maker.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Butkus51

Quote from: drakehog on March 15, 2007, 02:02:38 pm
Quote from: Butkus51 on March 15, 2007, 01:32:17 pm

Arkansas is a 12th seed. If the win it may prove they belong, but if they lose it won't prove anything, since 12th seeds aren't supposed to beat 5th seeds.

You missed my point- I was trying to keep your debate w/ NewTUfan as friendly as possible.

jbcarol

How did Methuselah die (concern for Coach Broyles if Broyles = Methuselah) ?

jbcarol

hog.goblin

Quote from: jbcarol on March 15, 2007, 10:30:37 pm
He drowned

Excellent thought...actually he died right before the rest of the world drowned in the flood.  Let's hope this doesn't result in JFB and the football program "drowning" after his departure.

jbcarol

Quote from: hog.goblin on March 15, 2007, 10:43:19 pm
Quote from: jbcarol on March 15, 2007, 10:30:37 pm
He drowned

Excellent thought...actually he died right before the rest of the world drowned in the flood.  Let's hope this doesn't result in JFB and the football program "drowning" after his departure.

That is an urban legend.

Thanks for getting the analogy back to the Football program :)