Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tulsa spring football begins

Started by hound dog, March 13, 2007, 12:08:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hound dog

Tulsa spring practice starts March 20 at 4 pm

TulsaHogFan

Awesome.  I emailed Gus about it today.  I hope to be providing some photos and coverage for only those interested.

If you don't care about the coverage, I am sure there are plenty of other topics to keep you informed.

Wow 4pm?  Why not 5am?  lol.  Gonna have to take off early next week a bit.

hound dog

Hogs play ORU baseball March 27 at 7 pm.  Good day to watch Tulsa football at 4 pm then on to baseball

_Collin1

I flew out of Tulsa yesterday morning.  Paul Smith was on the same flight with his wife.  He was talking about how he is jacked about Spring practice and the new offense starting next week.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

The Marmot

Just curious... is all this interest expressed on this RAZORBACK board for Tulsa based solely on Gus going there? Would you have this same interest if Gus had gone straight from Springdale to Tulsa, with no controversy in between? If not, then this is really about tracking Gus' progress to hopefully throw it back at Nutt and his supporters and has nothing to do with actually being a fan of the Golden Hurricane. Maybe the mods should start a whole forum within HOGville.NET for Tulsa. I seriously doubt they have much chatter about the Hogs on their fan boards.

I hate what Nutt as perpetuated on the Hill and want him gone as much anybody else, but give me break...
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

ballhog88

Can we get an update on Arkansas State spring practice also. Is this still A razorback board?

hogsailor

March 13, 2007, 01:20:40 pm #6 Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 01:22:37 pm by hogsailor
Quote from: heater on March 13, 2007, 01:07:11 pm
Just curious... is all this interest expressed on this RAZORBACK board for Tulsa based solely on Gus going there? Would you have this same interest if Gus had gone straight from Springdale to Tulsa, with no controversy in between? If not, then this is really about tracking Gus' progress to hopefully throw it back at Nutt and his supporters and has nothing to do with actually being a fan of the Golden Hurricane. Maybe the mods should start a whole forum within HOGville.NET for Tulsa. I seriously doubt they have much chatter about the Hogs on their fan boards.

I hate what Nutt as perpetuated on the Hill and want him gone as much anybody else, but give me break...

Shouldn't you be working and not posting such profound nonsense about things you know nothing about?

I like the idea of the separate forum though... ;)

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

pgmhawg

thank you heater........very good point. who cares and who will care about what tulsa is doin? like i've said before, if you want to talk tulsa football, i'm sure they have a message board somewhere. find it, and talk about all the sweet tuesday night football games next fall

OzarkHighs

hogsailor

Quote from: hogsailor on March 13, 2007, 01:20:40 pm

Shouldn't you be working and not posting such profound nonsense about things you know nothing about?

I like the idea of the separate forum though... ;)

Don't smite me too much...

heater is my nephew, just giving him shiite..

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

Porkerpower

Hey, I sure want to hear about Gus and the excitement he generates at Tulsa. ON THIS BOARD.

Gus is a good Arkansan done wrong, and I care very much about how he does at Tulsa.  I'm sure they're all excited over there.  Good for them.

Opposite the atmosphere in Fayetteville generated by the Nuttsack.

But by gollie Hooston is in charge.

Good for him and his idiot brothers/MSM.

Please go to La Tech.

gumby013

If you don't want to know about Tulsa, don't click on the thread named "TULSA SPRING FOOTBALL BEGINS."

Silver Hog

Quote from: gumby013 on March 13, 2007, 01:59:27 pm
If you don't want to know about Tulsa, don't click on the thread named "TULSA SPRING FOOTBALL BEGINS."
Hmmmm.. good point!

Silver Hog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 13, 2007, 12:12:23 pm
Awesome.  I emailed Gus about it today.  I hope to be providing some photos and coverage for only those interested.

If you don't care about the coverage, I am sure there are plenty of other topics to keep you informed.

This begs the question, has HDN ever emailed anybody other than Mitch?  At least Gus emails back to his fans.

dirtydoghog

Quote from: swisshog on March 13, 2007, 02:01:29 pm

This begs the question, has HDN ever emailed anybody other than Mitch?  At least Gus emails back to his fans.

I'm sure that doesn't take very much time away from him.  :)

VinnyW

GrumpyHog

Lets stop with the negativity. If Lanny wants a Tulsa thread removed he or another Administrator will do so. There is no need to come to a thread just to give posters who are interested in whats going on at Tulsa grief. There are many other threads you can read in MMQB. This board is trying to be postitive, and personally I'm tired of the negativity.

GrumpyHog

cmoorehogs

So negativity towards our own team is acceptable, just not towards Gus' team. Is that the way the board is being run? Hilarious.

Hog_One_Stop

dowils

Who cares about Tulsa football, this is a Razorback board....Go Hogs!!!

Anon2

Quote from: swisshog on March 13, 2007, 02:00:24 pm
Hmmmm.. good point!

They couldn't help themselves.  They really want to know what's going on at Tulsa as much as some of us do but won't admit it.

Silver Hog

Quote from: Anon2 on March 13, 2007, 03:33:03 pm
Hmmmm.. good point!

They couldn't help themselves.  They really want to know what's going on at Tulsa as much as some of us do but won't admit it.
Maybe they can't admit it. Maybe their subconscious is crying out for a decent passing game, and it knows our best chance left when Gus took his bus to Tulsa.  So they react to this thread, not really understanding why, just knowing that it feels good somehow.

hogsanity

Quote from: swisshog on March 13, 2007, 03:36:46 pm
Hmmmm.. good point!

Maybe they can't admit it. Maybe their subconscious is crying out for a decent passing game, and it knows our best chance left when Gus took his bus to Tulsa.  So they react to this thread, not really understanding why, just knowing that it feels good somehow.

Maybe we want to see who is following Tulsa Fb so we can put them on IGNORE. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razornole

Would appreciate it.  Thanks.  It was nice last year to be excited about something new with the Hog's O
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

James K. Pork

Hell with that brutha.  You call Gus an innovator?  Who needs Tulsa?  We got all the innovation you need at Arkansas:

bucknasty

Personally, I can not stomach anymore HDN & CO.  Considering the info from UA Spring Practice will come from Houston or another mouthpiece, I am interested in what's going on in Tulsa.

razornole

Don't know about everyone else, but for me, YES!

davis01

We're just keeping up with the future of Razorback Football, GM.

razornole

Quote from: VinnyW on March 13, 2007, 02:05:02 pm
Quote from: hound dog on March 13, 2007, 12:08:08 pm

well since you posted, which means you also opened this thread, I'd say you do.

Who cares?

Sao Ming

Tuesday at 4:00 huh.  Appropriate, considering that will be the TV times they get this fall.  Tulsa sucks.  I have a source Mods, if I need to PM it.

James K. Pork

Folks are interested in Tulsa because they would like to see what Malzahn had in store for Arkansas' future on offense.

Malzahn built a Fort Knox of good credit amongst football coaches, players, and fans across this state over his time coaching at different levels in Arkansas.  Many of us are interested in his future and wish him all the best at Tulsa.  I welcome the updates on his progress over there. 

If you don't want to read a Tulsa thread on this board, then don't click on it.

hogmaster

Who gives crap!!!-this is a razorback board,carry your a** to Tulsa board

Sao Ming

Quote from: James K. Pork on March 13, 2007, 04:22:23 pm
Folks are interested in Tulsa because they would like to see what Malzahn had in store for Arkansas' future on offense.

Malzahn built a Fort Knox of good credit amongst football coaches, players, and fans across this state over his time coaching at different levels in Arkansas.  Many of us are interested in his future and wish him all the best at Tulsa.  I welcome the updates on his progress over there. 

If you don't want to read a Tulsa thread on this board, then don't click on it.

I clicked to make fun of Tulsa.  It was the right move.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: justwinbaby. on March 13, 2007, 12:50:34 pm
who cares about tulsa. i hope they lose every game they play

You better worry about your favorite head coach Nutt losing all his games. Troy is gonna whoop the bejesus out of him.

wishyjoshy

Quote from: Sao Ming on March 13, 2007, 04:20:43 pm

Tuesday at 4:00 huh.  Appropriate, considering that will be the TV times they get this fall.  Tulsa sucks.  I have a source Mods, if I need to PM it.
Quote from: hogsanity on March 13, 2007, 03:38:36 pm
Quote from: swisshog on March 13, 2007, 03:36:46 pm
Hmmmm.. good point!

Maybe we want to see who is following Tulsa Fb so we can put them on IGNORE. 
Quote from: dowils on March 13, 2007, 02:33:22 pm
Who cares about Tulsa football, this is a Razorback board....Go Hogs!!!
Quote from: Hog_One_Stop on March 13, 2007, 02:25:37 pm
Who cares
Quote from: OzarkHighs on March 13, 2007, 01:45:55 pm
Take your Tulsa talk to Tulsa.
Quote from: justwinbaby. on March 13, 2007, 12:50:34 pm
who cares about tulsa. i hope they lose every game they play

Haters . . .

blake

I like hearing about Gus and I will follow what he is doing along with Burns, Ziemba,DW,MM,and the other Arkies. Eventhough they are not a Razorback I still hope for them to do well. Go Hogs.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: GrumpyHog on March 13, 2007, 02:08:33 pm
Lets stop with the negativity. If Lanny wants a Tulsa thread removed he or another Administrator will do so. There is no need to come to a thread just to give posters who are interested in whats going on at Tulsa grief. There are many other threads you can read in MMQB. This board is trying to be postitive, and personally I'm tired of the negativity.

GrumpyHog

If it was trying to be positive, you would get rid of threads like this that dwell on the past and Gus Malzahn. It just causes arguments.

razornole

pb: it also makes me want to sing "What Might Have Been"

_Collin1

Quote from: rzrbkman on March 13, 2007, 04:42:16 pm
Can you still get into Tulsa football games for $5.00 and an empty potted meat can?

Yes.  And there are still Beer vendors all around each entrance too.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Silver Hog

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on March 13, 2007, 04:42:56 pm

GrumpyHog

If it was trying to be positive, you would get rid of threads like this that dwell on the past and Gus Malzahn. It just causes arguments.
Only for those that are not big enough to just walk on by...

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: swisshog on March 13, 2007, 05:29:34 pm
Quote from: ilovepinebluff on March 13, 2007, 04:42:56 pm

GrumpyHog

Only for those that are not big enough to just walk on by...

Ok, well, I didnt see too many people posting Arizona State's schedule and when spring football started when Wittke was hired there. People who are obsessed with Gus and Tulsa are trying to stir up trouble, because if you arent rooting for Tulsa and arent hoping Arkansas loses every game, then your not an Arkansas fan. Gus was replaced. Get over it.

Silver Hog

Gus may be back, best to pay attention and track him n'est-ce pas?

TulsaHogFan

LMAO,

Everyone bitching about how they DONT want to hear about Tulsa Football clicked on a thread titled Tulsa spring Football and then proceeds to bitch.

What hilarity we have.

Who cares?

Seriously.

Do you think I give two craps when someone posts about a Matt Jones thread about his time at Jax?  Do we get pissy about someone posting that Utah has Brewer in getting some minutes?

What is the big deal?  Its a past Razorback.  Let it go.

To answer Hater, err Heaters question, after the intensity Gus and his Springdale team created in 05, if he would have went directly to Tulsa, I probably would have STILL been interested.

Yet you guys bitch because someone wanted to share news about a former Razorback.

Put me on ignore.  I really could care less.

If Brewer were with the Jazz here in Tulsa and I could provide coverage and photos, I bet a ton of people would welcome it.  Yet because its Gus and he left, you guys whine like children after getting their favorite toy taken away.  Its hilarious.

Seriously, if you don't care, don't click.

Sao Ming

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 13, 2007, 05:50:01 pm
LMAO,

Everyone bitching about how they DONT want to hear about Tulsa Football clicked on a thread titled Tulsa spring Football and then proceeds to bitch.

What hilarity we have.

Who cares?

Seriously.

Do you think I give two craps when someone posts about a Matt Jones thread about his time at Jax?  Do we get pissy about someone posting that Utah has Brewer in getting some minutes?

To answer Hater, err Heaters question, after the intensity Gus and his Springdale team created in 05, if he would have went directly to Tulsa, I probably would have STILL been interested.

Yet you guys bitch because someone wanted to share news about a former Razorback.

If Brewer were with the Jazz here in Tulsa and I could provide coverage and photos, I bet a ton of people would welcome it.  Yet because its Gus and he left, you guys whine like children after getting their favorite toy taken away.  Its hilarious.

Seriuosly, I clicked primarily to make fun of Tulsa.  It's easy material.

ilovepinebluff

March 13, 2007, 06:13:40 pm #44 Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 06:16:20 pm by ilovepinebluff
Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 13, 2007, 05:50:01 pm
LMAO,

What hilarity we have.

Who cares?

Seriously.

Why couldnt this go in the General Sports forum? Those other things can go in there too, i dont care.

TulsaHogFan

To make fun of Tulsa?  On a Razorback forum?  Lmao...

We could use the laughter.

Sao Ming

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 13, 2007, 06:14:12 pm
To make fun of Tulsa?  On a Razorback forum?  Lmao...

We could use the laughter.

Did you just say Razorback Forum?

Anyway...here's a laugher.  SMU owns scoreboard on Tulsa.  They better be more 'committed to winning' to change that.

TulsaHogFan

So Sao, when did Coach Malzahn stop being a former Razorback coach.

I expect you to go forum nazi from now on in all the Matt Jones threads, the MM threads, the threads about Ronnie Brewer or any other threads not specifically linked to active Razorback sports.

The scoreboard crap doesn't bother me, cause at one point in time Citidel along with VANDY owned my favorite team on the scoreboard.

JimBoT

Just wondering if this web page has changed? I have not checked it out in a few days but it must now be TULSAVILLE. Who cares about Tulsa? Hog fans are Hog fans regardless. . . .

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on March 13, 2007, 06:31:41 pm
So Sao, when did Coach Malzahn stop being a former Razorback coach.

I expect you to go forum nazi from now on in all the Matt Jones threads, the MM threads, the threads about Ronnie Brewer or any other threads not specifically linked to active Razorback sports.

The scoreboard crap doesn't bother me, cause at one point in time Citidel along with VANDY owned my favorite team on the scoreboard.

Because people love Matt Jones, not everybody is head-over-heels with Malzahn. A lot of people are tired of hearing about him, including me. We had a chance, we lost him. Now lets get over it.