Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wimp Sanderson on Houston Nutt yesterday. Darksiders will hate this!

Started by Pigonometry, March 13, 2007, 08:10:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

Quote from: BigDeal on March 13, 2007, 10:09:27 am
Quote from: TheHogFan on March 13, 2007, 10:06:25 am
Quote from: opineonswine on March 13, 2007, 08:11:56 am
Quote from: Pigonometry on March 13, 2007, 08:10:25 am
Let me preface this by saying that I don’t have a dog in this fight.  College football is my third favorite sport ---a distant third behind major league baseball and college basketball.  I really am in the middle on this debate.  I don't think Houston is a great football coach but neither is he a poor one.  I also don't believe the Hogs will ever do much better than last year, regardless of who coaches them.

With that said, here is the story………….

Yesterday I was at the Downtown Tip-Off Club in North Little Rock to hear guest speaker Wimp Sanderson, the former Alabama and UALR coach. 

Following his talk about his time at Bama and UALR, his take on the NCAAT and the Hogs, and a few questions, he said that he had one more thing to say and “it is free, not gonna cost you a thing.”

I’m very roughly paraphrasing here ----  Wimp says, “You got football coach named Houston Nutt who took you to the SEC Championship game in Atlanta.  There are five other teams from the West that didn't get to go.  I don't care if he ran that ball, threw it or dropped kicked it, he did a good job.  If you can't be happy with that, you are just being selfish.  And if that guy hadn't fumbled in the end zone, you might have beat Florida.”

And here is the part that will drive you Nutt-haters crazy ----- he got a standing ovation from about half the room of over 200 people.

None of this was even reported in the Dem-Gaz this morning.  Read into that what you will………

Wimp Sanderson is a washed up basketball coach who got fired.  I read nothing into it and neither should anyone else. 
Wow I couldn't see this response coming. Now if he had said the opposite, what would the response have been?

I can answer that question. The response would have been "Listen to Wimp Sanderson folks. Here is a coach that was voted SEC Coach of the decade for the 1980s. He knows what it takes to build a program. I have always admired and respected Wimp Sanderson, and his comments just re-affirms those feelings".

There. The official Darksider response that was waiting in the wings had the comments been different.

BigDeal,  haven't you grown tired of this charade yet?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Dr. Leonard Ford

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on March 13, 2007, 10:09:43 am
Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on March 13, 2007, 09:53:41 am
Let me preface this by saying that I don’t have a dog in this fight.  College football is my third favorite sport ---a distant third behind major league baseball and college basketball.  I really am in the middle on this debate.  I don't think Houston is a great football coach but neither is he a poor one.  I also don't believe the Hogs will ever do much better than last year, regardless of who coaches them.

Yesterday I was at the Downtown Tip-Off Club in North Little Rock to hear guest speaker Wimp Sanderson, the former Alabama and UALR coach. 

Following his talk about his time at Bama and UALR, his take on the NCAAT and the Hogs, and a few questions, he said that he had one more thing to say and “it is free, not gonna cost you a thing.”

I’m very roughly paraphrasing here ----  Wimp says, “You got football coach named Houston Nutt who took you to the SEC Championship game in Atlanta.  There are five other teams from the West that didn't get to go.  I don't care if he ran that ball, threw it or dropped kicked it, he did a good job.  If you can't be happy with that, you are just being selfish.  And if that guy hadn't fumbled in the end zone, you might have beat Florida.”

And here is the part that will drive you Nutt-haters crazy ----- he got a standing ovation from about half the room of over 200 people.

None of this was even reported in the Dem-Gaz this morning.  Read into that what you will………

Wimp Sanderson is a washed up basketball coach who got fired.  I read nothing into it and neither should anyone else. 

That is a personal attack on a coach.  I expect more from a "mod". 

I'm failing to see the attack in that statement.  Any other lectures you care to give out to those that run this board?

That was not a lecture.  When you call someone "washed up" that is not a valid critique.  That is an attack.  He is retired.  He did get fired.  Maybe the game passed him by.  Those are opinions, not personal attacks.  Very hypocritical of some on this board so run with the "no personal attacks" theme but then it still happens and people get upset.  If you are just letting it slide that is one thing, but to defend those who do it is baffling. 

cityhog

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on March 13, 2007, 10:32:28 am

I'm failing to see the attack in that statement.  Any other lectures you care to give out to those that run this board?

That was not a lecture.  When you call someone "washed up" that is not a valid critique.  That is an attack.  He is retired.  He did get fired.  Maybe the game passed him by.  Those are opinions, not personal attacks.  Very hypocritical of some on this board so run with the "no personal attacks" theme but then it still happens and people get upset.  If you are just letting it slide that is one thing, but to defend those who do it is baffling. 

You think his secretary felt "personally attacked"?  Men who hit women deserve ZERO repect EVER.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on March 13, 2007, 10:32:28 am

Dr. Ford,  if you honestly consider that an attack I'm afraid you're not cut out for message boards.  You should probably stay away from Sports Talk Radio as well.  A lot of the things said on the airwaves could be fatal to a sensitive creature like yourself.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

BigDeal

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 13, 2007, 10:31:44 am
Let me preface this by saying that I don't have a dog in this fight.  College football is my third favorite sport ---a distant third behind major league baseball and college basketball.  I really am in the middle on this debate.  I don't think Houston is a great football coach but neither is he a poor one.  I also don't believe the Hogs will ever do much better than last year, regardless of who coaches them.

With that said, here is the story.............

Following his talk about his time at Bama and UALR, his take on the NCAAT and the Hogs, and a few questions, he said that he had one more thing to say and "it is free, not gonna cost you a thing."

I'm very roughly paraphrasing here ----  Wimp says, "You got football coach named Houston Nutt who took you to the SEC Championship game in Atlanta.  There are five other teams from the West that didn't get to go.  I don't care if he ran that ball, threw it or dropped kicked it, he did a good job.  If you can't be happy with that, you are just being selfish.  And if that guy hadn't fumbled in the end zone, you might have beat Florida."

None of this was even reported in the Dem-Gaz this morning.  Read into that what you will.........

Wow I couldn't see this response coming. Now if he had said the opposite, what would the response have been?

I can answer that question. The response would have been "Listen to Wimp Sanderson folks. Here is a coach that was voted SEC Coach of the decade for the 1980s. He knows what it takes to build a program. I have always admired and respected Wimp Sanderson, and his comments just re-affirms those feelings".

There. The official Darksider response that was waiting in the wings had the comments been different.

BigDeal,  haven't you grown tired of this charade yet?

He asked a question and I answered it ! Wouldn't you agree I should know what the response would be ?

Albert Einswine

HogasaurusRex

Sanderson resigned from Alabama on May 18, 1992, days after Nancy Watts, his longtime secretary, filed a sex-discrimination suit -- a precursor to a lawsuit -- against him and the university with the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission. Both Sanderson and Watts admitted they had had an affair from about 1970 to 1985, but both offered conflicting stories about what happened on March 17, 1992.[3]

Watts said that on that day, two days before Alabama was to play Stanford in the NCAA Tournament, Sanderson punched her in the face, giving her a black eye, during an argument. Sanderson said Watts had become hysterical and that, in an effort to defend himself, he stuck out his hand. She collided with it, giving her a black eye. More than a year later. Watts' lawsuit against Sanderson, the university and then-athletic director Cecil (Hootie) Ingram, was settled out of court, days before it was scheduled to go to trial. Alabama and Sanderson's homeowner's insurance policy paid Watts $275,000. Sanderson's 32-year relationship with Alabama, in which he had been a graduate assistant, assistant coach or head coach for more than half of the basketball games the school had ever played, was over.[3]

"It was a situation where if you're accused of anything, you're guilty, and that's not right. I know what happened," Sanderson says, almost whispering. "I gave the university 32 years, all I could give them. Tried to do everything the right way. It was a sad day in my life. I loved the school, but it's behind me. It's over."[3]

David Hobbs, a former assistant was promoted as as head coach when Sanderson resigned.

Anyone that listened to that IDIOT and in turn stood supporting anything he said is sadly misinformed and applauding a woman beater.

Wimp is TRASH.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: HogBaptist on March 13, 2007, 09:08:23 am
Quote from: Nashville Fan on March 13, 2007, 08:44:43 am
Quote from: HogBaptist on March 13, 2007, 08:35:59 am
Quote from: swisshog on March 13, 2007, 08:22:34 am
Notice he didn't mention the new offensive coordinator and 8-0 starting quarterback that helped him win , nor the 3 losses in a row at the end after it was 100% nuttball again.

the 8-0 QB didn't help him win 8 games.  you can thank the DMac for those and offensive line and D for that. 
You can't be serious. DMAC didn't show up until the 5th game. The o-line was good all year. But DMAC had little to do with the OT TD against AL.

i am serious, check this out.

Utah:
Mitch - 9-17 1 Td 0 Int
Dmac - 184 yds 2 Td

Vandy:
Mitch - 13-20 3 Td 1 Int
Dmac - 71 yds 0 Td

Bama:
Mitch - 7-22 97 yds 1 Td 3 Int, Did make a big throw in OT
Dmac - 112 yds 1 Td

Auburn:
Mitch - 7-10 87 yds 1 Td
Dmac - 145 yds 1 Td
Felix - 104 yds 1 Td

Se Mo St:
Mitch - 5-13 51 yds 1 Td
Rushing by committee - 381 yds 5 Td

Ole Miss:
Mitch- 12-15 157 yds 1 Td
Dmac - 65 ysd 1 Td

UL Monroe:
Mitch 7-18 71 yds 2 Td 2 Int
Rushing by comm. - 331 yds 3 TD

Look at this.  Mitch did help in some wins, but he didn't do much in all wins.  I would say I would credit Mitch with 2 wins, Vandy, and Ole Miss.  He made a good throw against Bama, but he got us into that predicament by throwing 3 Interceptions. 

Don't forget that in the Ole Miss Game McFad took a screen pass 70 yards for a TD.  It was the one where he tightroped it down the sideline.

BigDeal

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 13, 2007, 10:40:58 am
I asked a question BigDeal, you didn't answer it.

Wimp is missing the point. Nutt can't be trusted. Fans such as myself were really excited about the upcoming season in 2006 because we were told it would be different. The hiring of Gus and the signing of 4 and 5 start recruits that followed. I, like many fans thought we would see an exciting,balances offense that complimented the running ability of D-Mac. That didn't happen. Instead, people left because they felt they have been mis led, to put it lightly. And who can blame them ? Now we have the same song different verse this year. This program will not be able to move forward until Nutt is gone.

Do you feel better , Al ?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: BigDeal on March 13, 2007, 10:57:01 am

Wimp is missing the point. Nutt can't be trusted. Fans such as myself were really excited about the upcoming season in 2006 because we were told it would be different. The hiring of Gus and the signing of 4 and 5 start recruits that followed. I, like many fans thought we would see an exciting,balances offense that complimented the running ability of D-Mac. That didn't happen. Instead, people left because they felt they have been mis led, to put it lightly. And who can blame them ? Now we have the same song different verse this year. This program will not be able to move forward until Nutt is gone.

Yep, thanks Brotha.  I was getting tired of the act.

pikehog

So now we take football advice from a guy who got fired at UALR's basketball coach?

little pigee

Wrong.  It would have been, "See, B.D.'s buds on the Tenn. board didn't know what they were talking about, after all."
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

razornole

you gotta like getting props from a "wife beater" - yes I know it wasn't his wife
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

razornole

um did you join the darkside?  if so l'd be very honored to award you +1 heehee
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

little pigee

Quick! Shut that closet door!!  He's out!!

little pigee

MaconBacon

Quote from: razornole on March 13, 2007, 11:15:31 am
you gotta like getting props from a "wife beater" - yes I know it wasn't his wife

Heck, a 15 year affair. It might as well have been his wife.

franks.shoes

"And if that guy hadn't fumbled in the end zone, you might have beat Florida."

Let me get this straight...

Wimp Sanderson is allergic to fish? 

hogfan47

Yea how dare he give Coach Nutt any credit ( sarcasm intended )
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

philobeddoe

What do you expect?  These folks turned on former and current Razorbacks for supporting thier own coach.  They tore Butu up for holding a team meeting, and tore Ugoh up for supporting Coach Nutt on Cold Pizza.  I'm tellin' ya, some of these folks not only speak with forked tongue, but are outright ruthless.

HaWg 10

"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Phaedrus

Quote from: HogasaurusRex on March 13, 2007, 10:43:45 am
Sanderson resigned from Alabama on May 18, 1992, days after Nancy Watts, his longtime secretary, filed a sex-discrimination suit -- a precursor to a lawsuit -- against him and the university with the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission. Both Sanderson and Watts admitted they had had an affair from about 1970 to 1985, but both offered conflicting stories about what happened on March 17, 1992.[3]

Watts said that on that day, two days before Alabama was to play Stanford in the NCAA Tournament, Sanderson punched her in the face, giving her a black eye, during an argument. Sanderson said Watts had become hysterical and that, in an effort to defend himself, he stuck out his hand. She collided with it, giving her a black eye. More than a year later. Watts' lawsuit against Sanderson, the university and then-athletic director Cecil (Hootie) Ingram, was settled out of court, days before it was scheduled to go to trial. Alabama and Sanderson's homeowner's insurance policy paid Watts $275,000. Sanderson's 32-year relationship with Alabama, in which he had been a graduate assistant, assistant coach or head coach for more than half of the basketball games the school had ever played, was over.[3]

"It was a situation where if you're accused of anything, you're guilty, and that's not right. I know what happened," Sanderson says, almost whispering. "I gave the university 32 years, all I could give them. Tried to do everything the right way. It was a sad day in my life. I loved the school, but it's behind me. It's over."[3]

David Hobbs, a former assistant was promoted as as head coach when Sanderson resigned.

Anyone that listened to that IDIOT and in turn stood supporting anything he said is sadly misinformed and applauding a woman beater.

Wimp is TRASH.

This pretty much destroys all credibilty this man has in my opinion. Any man that hits a woman should have to face a man who despises that trait. What a coward. Glad to see Frank and Dale have him out pitching the program. Another show of the virtue and values of the leaders of our athletic department.

hogfan47

Quote from: philobeddoe on March 13, 2007, 12:42:01 pm

What do you expect?  These folks turned on former and current Razorbacks for supporting thier own coach.  They tore Butu up for holding a team meeting, and tore Ugoh up for supporting Coach Nutt on Cold Pizza.  I'm tellin' ya, some of these folks not only speak with forked tongue, but are outright ruthless.

philobeddoe  you sir have hit the proverbial nail on the head with that quote
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

bosshawg38

Quote from: Question-Man on March 13, 2007, 09:37:24 am
Quote from: BigDeal on March 13, 2007, 09:10:39 am
Don't take Wimp's word for it. Look what some others around the SEC have to say

http://www.volnation.com/forum/sports-forum/26234-si-article-state-arkansas-football-nutt.html?highlight=Nutt

No flame war here.  Just conversation.
I have a very good friend from Michigan.  He's a die hard Maize and Blue fan.  Anytime I talk to him about college football, he just goes ballistic on Lloyd Carr.  From where I sit, Carr seems rather successful (won a NC not too long ago) with a few subpar seasons (although still winning) by Michigan's standards here and there.  He certainly wouldn't be a coach that I'd expect to see on a "hit list".

My friend though, knows the program inside and out.  He has stats about wins, yardage, defense, etc.  After actually listening to him, Carr has been underperforming by Michigan's standards.

Long story short.  There isn't a one size fits all litmus test for college football, and when you become a little more intimate with a program besides just looking at records and seeing what ESPN has to say, other tales come come to light.

Therefore, I don't place much, if any, stock in what fans from other schools think about OUR situation.

Excellent example and an excellent reply. +1

Pork Salad Annie

The fact that ole washed out Wimp Sanderson (at a basketball tip-off club) appearance had to even bring ole Dale up and try to defend him speaks volumes.

Nutt is the most devisive coach in the history of Arkansas athletics and the whole world (even the non-football one) knows it.

HawgAlude

Yeah no kiddin Wimp Sanderson is so over that nothing he says should be relevant. Maybe he was looking the room over for some women to proposition or barbecue to eat...  ???

jamie72921

Only half the room stood up in Nutt's hometown?

That says something right there.
Bless your heart

dowils

Sometimes it does take an outsider to keep things in perspective.  Sometimes we get worked up over things and become so adament about how we feel that we are not as objective as we think we are..... Go Hogs!!

jbcarol

Quote from: HogasaurusRex on March 13, 2007, 10:43:45 am

Wimp is TRASH.

I think this is totally consistent.  In relation to how he worked with people in an SEC Athletic Department, I think there is no better spokesperson for the Razorback football program than Wimp Sanderson.  I could not find a shot of Wimp readily on file, but here is that fashion plate Rick Pitino showing off his best Wimp Sanderson jacket.  Wimp's were usually a lot less tasteful.  Imagine that.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

pneaville

Let me preface this by saying that I don't have a dog in this fight.  College football is my third favorite sport ---a distant third behind major league baseball and college basketball.  I really am in the middle on this debate.  I don't think Houston is a great football coach but neither is he a poor one.  I also don't believe the Hogs will ever do much better than last year, regardless of who coaches them.

With that said, here is the story.............

Following his talk about his time at Bama and UALR, his take on the NCAAT and the Hogs, and a few questions, he said that he had one more thing to say and "it is free, not gonna cost you a thing."

I'm very roughly paraphrasing here ----  Wimp says, "You got football coach named Houston Nutt who took you to the SEC Championship game in Atlanta.  There are five other teams from the West that didn't get to go.  I don't care if he ran that ball, threw it or dropped kicked it, he did a good job.  If you can't be happy with that, you are just being selfish.  And if that guy hadn't fumbled in the end zone, you might have beat Florida."

None of this was even reported in the Dem-Gaz this morning.  Read into that what you will.........

booya opineswine!  +1!
God is a Razorback

jamie72921

Quote from: jbcarol on March 13, 2007, 02:44:59 pm

I think this is totally consistent.  In relation to how he worked with people in an SEC Athletic Department, I think there is no better spokesperson for the Razorback football program than Wimp Sanderson.  I could not find a shot of Wimp readily on file, but here is that fashion plate Rick Pitino showing off his best Wimp Sanderson jacket.  Wimp's were usually a lot less tasteful.  Imagine that.

You forgot to mention that he also liked to slap around women he was a having affairs with that worked for him in the athletic dept.
Bless your heart

007 License To Squeal

I don't give a rip about what Wimp Sanderson said.....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

jbcarol

Jamie 72921:

I just set it on the tee.  You guys can drive it 300+ yards down the fair way (or in the rough as the case may be).
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Biggus Piggus

About half is right.
[CENSORED]!

jamie72921

Quote from: jbcarol on March 13, 2007, 04:04:23 pm
Jamie 72921:

I just set it on the tee.  You guys can drive it 300+ yards down the fair way (or in the rough as the case may be).

Relax man, I didn't adjust your karma.

Just wanted everyone to know the reason that Bama fired him was for hitting a woman that also worked for him.
Bless your heart

hawaiianhogster

No matter how you spin it Nutt must go. Keep him and you'll always be on the bottom of respect and wins. Even though he had a good season he never brought us respect. If y'all want him you can have him and his disappointments. I'll never support ruthless behavior. Keep him. I hope your happy being a loser.

rude1

Wimp Sanderson was run out of Bama, and couldn't win at UALR, plus his sport is basketball. I don't think there is any point in putting any stock into what he has to say.

d1nonlyhogfan

Notice he didn't mention the new offensive coordinator and 8-0 starting quarterback that helped him win , nor the 3 losses in a row at the end after it was 100% nuttball again.

the 8-0 QB didn't help him win 8 games.  you can thank the DMac for those and offensive line and D for that. 
He didn't do anything to lose them, either. Oh, by the way, most of that O Line is gone, along with the best defensive players we had (Nutt couldn't "re-recruit" the juniors), Nutt demoted (ran off) the Rivals National OC of the Year who helped the offense--which was composed of the EXACT same roster from 2005, besides the freshmen--improve from 66th to 32nd nationally, and his brother dictated an email that ran off the best player out of Arkansas to ever committ to the Razorbacks (you have to be batty to think he didn't know about it).
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

jbcarol

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 13, 2007, 04:07:33 pm
Quote from: jbcarol on March 13, 2007, 04:04:23 pm
Jamie 72921:

Relax man, I didn't adjust your karma.

Just wanted everyone to know the reason that Bama fired him was for hitting a woman that also worked for him.

I was being purposely vague.  Because you did not clarify who "he" was in your earlier post that was an appropriate caution.  :) 

Besides that, is that anyway to respond to a woman?  You are not showing tendencies toward being another Wimp Sanderson?  I didn't think so.  Just the problems of text only without the visibility to laughing faces.  I think we are on the same side on this one :)

HogBaptist

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 13, 2007, 04:16:31 pm

He didn't do anything to lose them, either. Oh, by the way, most of that O Line is gone, along with the best defensive players we had (Nutt couldn't "re-recruit" the juniors), Nutt demoted (ran off) the Rivals National OC of the Year who helped the offense--which was composed of the EXACT same roster from 2005, besides the freshmen--improve from 66th to 32nd nationally, and his brother dictated an email that ran off the best player out of Arkansas to ever committ to the Razorbacks (you have to be batty to think he didn't know about it).

i agree with that, but he got pretty close in the bama game....

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 13, 2007, 04:05:44 pm

About half is right.

Half a standing ovation is exactly what I'd expect for a Wimp propping Houston.  A mediocre ovation to match a mediocre record over the past 9 seasons.

Smite away.

razorjacket2006

Why did he support nuttyboy to begin with?  Who cares how he feeels about nutty, but nutty himself.  We all know he is a selfish person/coach that has a problem with hearing and telling the truth.(nuttyboy that is)  He hasnt done anything good let alone great in the last 9 years for our football program except bring in D-Mac and Felix.
D-Mac is great at RB and QB so lets see what he can do at Head Coach

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: HogBaptist on March 13, 2007, 04:19:34 pm
Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 13, 2007, 04:16:31 pm

i agree with that, but he got pretty close in the bama game....
Felix Jones equaled Mustain's turnover count in a single half of the USC game, which ended as a loss. Just being fair.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 13, 2007, 04:21:15 pm
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 13, 2007, 04:05:44 pm

About half is right.

Half a standing ovation is exactly what I'd expect for a Wimp propping Houston.  A mediocre ovation to match a mediocre record over the past 9 seasons.

Smite away.

no smite here...+1
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.