Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone finished their brackets yet?

Started by bosshawg38, March 11, 2007, 10:35:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomis Hawg

March 12, 2007, 02:56:36 pm #50 Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:58:34 pm by Bomis Hawg
Quote from: Hog Realist on March 12, 2007, 02:26:36 pm
Actually we, I'm from Murfreesboro, lost to Maryland by 4 in the last 3 minutes.  We were up the whole game. 
Gave it to Georgia pretty handily.  Lost at UT by about 18 but was close until late.
Lost to the best independent in the nation after a hangover from Maryland game South Dakota State (27-5) 
Beat every Sun Belt team by about 20. 
We were beating Utah last year and they hit a shot in the last minute to win the game in the first round.  Beat NC State the year before and UNC the year before all in the tournament. 
Their style of play is extremely hard to prepare for and this bodes well for them in the tournament, especially with experience and an All-American and multiple 1000 point scorers.  They force 20+ turnovers a game.  Their seniors total record over 4 years is 62-11.  They are dangerous and will go far

Another thing that is scary is Danile Don Don or whatever her name is, the Female Lebron coming up.  Her final four teams include MTSU and most think they have a serious shot at her.  Rick Insell has already recruited one top 10 class in the nation

I swore they beat Maryland.  Maybe I was thinking of Georgia.

Elena Delle Donne, sister of Gene Delle Donne (top qb recruit a few years ago).  I thought he walked on to MTSU after leaving Dook.  It wouldn't be a disappoint to watch her play for four years, if you get my drift. ;D

I used to live in Murfreesboro.  I root for them, unless they play Arkansas.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 12, 2007, 12:55:57 pm
Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 12, 2007, 12:52:21 pm
Where's all this love for G'town coming from? I have yet to project them in the Final Four on any of my brackets. I think they will be upset in the Sweet 16.

I think they'll lose to BC in the 2nd round.
Me too.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

bosshawg38

I actually think Georgetown makes it to the Elite 8. They are well coached and have a good inside/outside game.

ozarkhog

Gators, kansas, NC, ohio state
Gators take it home.
AKA: Snowflake  
Watch your thoughts; they become your words.
Watch your words; they become your actions.
Watch your actions; they become your habits.
Watch your habits; they become your character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

AHogalypto

My upset picks: #9 Purdue over #8 Arizona
                      #12 Arkansas over USC and #4 Texas (optimistic I know) ;)
                      #14 ORU over #3 WSU                 #11 Winthrop over #6 ND and #3 Oregon
                      #10 Ga Tech over #7 UNLV           #4 Souther Ill. over #1 Kansas in the Sweet 16
                      #9 Xavier over #8 BYU            #13 Albany over #4 Virgina
                      #3 Texas A&M over #2 Memphis in the Sweet 16

My Final Four and Championship picks: #1 Florida beats #2 UCLA and #2 Georgetown beats #1 Ohio State, Florida beats Georgetown

bosshawg38

Quote from: AHogalypto on March 12, 2007, 04:29:56 pm
My upset picks: #9 Purdue over #8 Arizona
                      #12 Arkansas over USC and #4 Texas (optimistic I know) ;)
                      #14 ORU over #3 WSU                 #11 Winthrop over #6 ND and #3 Oregon
                      #10 Ga Tech over #7 UNLV           #4 Souther Ill. over #1 Kansas in the Sweet 16
                      #9 Xavier over #8 BYU            #13 Albany over #4 Virgina
                      #3 Texas A&M over #2 Memphis in the Sweet 16

My Final Four and Championship picks: #1 Florida beats #2 UCLA and #2 Georgetown beats #1 Ohio State, Florida beats Georgetown

Some upsets I have picked:
14 Oral Roberts over 3 Wash. St.   -ORU gets to Sweet 16
10 Gonzaga over 7 Indiana, and 2 UCLA   -Zags pull off their usual magic in March
10 Georgia Tech over 7 UNLV and 2 Wisconsin   - I just don't see either team beating GT.

I have more "minor" upsets, but these three are probably my biggest.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I had that 12 seeded Arkansas team beating the 5th seeded USC in the first round also.  :P

Coondog Hog

Florida   Kansas  Texas  Tennesee

Florida   Texas

Florida

I had a vision after eating a burito before bed.

:razorback:
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

dirtydoghog

I hate what I am about to say but here is mine, and just for the record I HATE TEXAS!

Florida over UCLA on one side
Texas over Texas A&M on the other

Florida wins again.....

Ryan-O

Wisconsin, UCLA, Georgetown, and Ohio St. in final four.  Ohio St. and UCLA in championship with Ohio St. winning it

Pigzwillfly

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 11, 2007, 11:03:59 pm
I picked Florida, Kansas, Louisville, Arkansas (call me crazy). Florida beats Kansas, Louisville beats Arkansas. Florida repeats.

Let Ark make it that far, beat all those teams, then lose to Louisville?

Pigzwillfly

My Upset picks:

#5 Butler over #4 Maryland 2nd round

#11 Winthrop over #6 Notre Dame and #3 Oregon

#9 Villanova over #8 Kentucky

#11 VCU over #6 Duke

#10 Gonzaga over #7 Indiana

#9 Michigan State over #8 Marquette

#12 Arkansas over #5 USC

#14 ORU over #3 Washington State

#9 Xavier over #8 BYU

#13 Albany over #4 Virgina

#6 Louisville over #3 TAMU

#7 Nevada over #2 Memphis

Upsets are gunna happen you just gotta pick em'!

gumby013

Florida
                         Florida
Southern Illinois
                                     Florida
Texas
                         Texas
Memphis

ilovepinebluff

I have BYU and UNLV in the Elite 8. UNLV in vastly underrated.

Pigzwillfly

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on March 12, 2007, 05:39:13 pm

You heard it here. If BYU beats OSU, I will mail you a coke.

Ouachihog

Remember this one.....

Creighton over Memphis in the 2nd round.
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

TushCrush

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: Sweet_P on March 12, 2007, 06:29:07 pm
Quote from: ilovepinebluff on March 12, 2007, 05:39:13 pm

You heard it here. If BYU beats OSU, I will mail you a coke.

Big Ten basketball sucks. I think every team in that league averages 32 ppg.

Hog Realist

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 12, 2007, 02:56:36 pm
Quote from: Hog Realist on March 12, 2007, 02:26:36 pm
Actually we, I'm from Murfreesboro, lost to Maryland by 4 in the last 3 minutes.  We were up the whole game. 
Gave it to Georgia pretty handily.  Lost at UT by about 18 but was close until late.
Lost to the best independent in the nation after a hangover from Maryland game South Dakota State (27-5) 
Beat every Sun Belt team by about 20. 
We were beating Utah last year and they hit a shot in the last minute to win the game in the first round.  Beat NC State the year before and UNC the year before all in the tournament. 
Their style of play is extremely hard to prepare for and this bodes well for them in the tournament, especially with experience and an All-American and multiple 1000 point scorers.  They force 20+ turnovers a game.  Their seniors total record over 4 years is 62-11.  They are dangerous and will go far

Another thing that is scary is Danile Don Don or whatever her name is, the Female Lebron coming up.  Her final four teams include MTSU and most think they have a serious shot at her.  Rick Insell has already recruited one top 10 class in the nation

I swore they beat Maryland.  Maybe I was thinking of Georgia.

Elena Delle Donne, sister of Gene Delle Donne (top qb recruit a few years ago).  I thought he walked on to MTSU after leaving Dook.  It wouldn't be a disappoint to watch her play for four years, if you get my drift. ;D

I used to live in Murfreesboro.  I root for them, unless they play Arkansas.
Ah I didn't know that about her brother.  But yes they dominated Maryland, it was first game of the season and their legs disappeared last 3 minutes and Maryland went on a run to win by 4.  They have as much experience in the tourney as any team out there.  And Insell is a high school legend who is going to do wonders there, and already is.  It would be amazing to see her at Middle and there is a chance, the man can recruit.  Dateline did a special on his high school teams two years ago. 
I went to High School at Siegel High in Murfreesboro, the new school over off of Thompson lane area if you moved a while back. 

OKCHogFan

I have florida, NC, Texas A&M and Kansas.  I'd love to see A & M win, but i have to go with FLA.

Hog Realist

wow MTSU just got screwed.  Georgia with the same record got a 3 seed and MTSU got a 5 seed in the hardest bracket even though they beat them. 

AirForceHog

UNC                
                       UNC
Texas A&M
                                        UNC
Florida
                      Florida
Duke
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

MDH

Quote from: bao187 on March 11, 2007, 11:03:37 pm
Florida
                      Florida
UCLA
                                            Florida Gators
Georgetown
                      Ohio Sate
Ohio State

Ditto
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

demonHOG1013

I have Florida, Georgetown, Memphis, and Pittsburg, with Florida beating Memphis 82-77

ARF

Florida/Pitt
G'town/Ohio St.

Florida/G'town

Florida
Quote from: Polecat on November 20, 2011, 09:29:39 am
I'm satisfied that we're potentially one win away from the BCS title game while Nutt's opponents have to take a knee in the red zone to keep from running up the score. That tells us all we need to know

~W88PIGS88IE~

chiefsfan

Florida
Kansas
Georgetown
Texas A&M 

Florida wins it all
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

weevilhogg

This has been the toughest bracket I've ever filled out.

I also have this sick feeling that it will be my worst:

Florida / UCLA
G'Town / aTm

Florida / G'Town

G'Town

I have George Washington, Arkansas, Butler, Kentucky (elite 8) and Nevada as my sweet 16 upsets.
Oh my!

bosshawg38

Quote from: weevilhogg on March 12, 2007, 10:26:17 pm
This has been the toughest bracket I've ever filled out.

I also have this sick feeling that it will be my worst:

Florida / UCLA
G'Town / aTm

Florida / G'Town

G'Town

I have George Washington, Arkansas, Butler, Kentucky (elite 8) and Nevada as my sweet 16 upsets.

A lot of parody in this year's tourney. It's gonna make a lot of people happy and a lot of people frustrated.