Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dick Vitale's comments (ALL POSTS GO HERE)

Started by Oliver, March 11, 2007, 05:54:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cream$$$

IMO, the truth is that the entire SEC was mediocre with the exception of FL.  Screw DV, we're dancing.

Newport Hog

Man why dont u go up to New York and cry to them about it.   Hey Stan here let get rid of Nutt!!!!

No_nuts

Dickie the other day said Arkansas should be in
if they make it to the final game.

Apparently he didn't think that was possible.

Killean

When you're talking about Bubble Teams you're not discussing teams with a shot to win the national title.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

hogfan064

Quote from: cream$$$ on March 11, 2007, 06:16:05 pm
IMO, the truth is that the entire SEC was mediocre with the exception of FL.  Screw DV, we're dancing.

None of it matters now.  They said the SEC was down last year and we ended up with a National Champ, 2 final 4 teams and a NIT Champ.

HognotinMemphis

Dickie is basing that on history...the last 6 or 7 years. And based on that, he's probably right. But this year's NCCAT selections are not based on the last 6 or 7 years. Rather, it's based on this season alone of course. And based on this season, the Hogs definitely deserve to be in this NCAAT given the power of the SEC and given Hogs' wins over So Ill and over WV out of conference.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hoggy Bear

Also, Dickie V saying that Xavier wouldn't have gone if they played in the ACC.....well, I'll give you my house if Drexel makes the tourney if they played in the SEC.  Can' have it both ways Dickie V!!!!

weresoclose

Ok Ok, I just happen to think he's right.

weevilhogg

would you be happier if he were complaining because we were left out?

Someone has to take up for the teams who were unfairly left out.
Oh my!

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 11, 2007, 06:17:03 pm
Quote from: cream$$$ on March 11, 2007, 06:16:05 pm

None of it matters now.  They said the SEC was down last year and we ended up with a National Champ, 2 final 4 teams and a NIT Champ.
True that. It's just like how they were playing up the Big Ten in football in 2006. We see how that ended up, too.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

razorrog1

Who cares?!!!  He can flap his bald yapper from here to eternity.  We're in, Drexel's not.  Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.......  :P 

forrest city joe

I don't care what they say. we are in the Dance. go hawgs.

jamie72921

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 11, 2007, 06:16:52 pm
I'm asking a mod to step in at this point and silence the crap spewed by this individual.  Enough is enough.  This should be a time for celebration.

The fact that it is debatable contradicts that there is cause for celebration.

If you don't like it, there are other threads with your point of view. Hitler!
Bless your heart

alohawg

Stan has plenty of bulletin board material already! GO :razorback:
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Uncle Jed

I call BS on Vitale!  The Hogs EARNED it!
Note to John White:   Please do your job.     Frank and Nutt have repeatedly demonstrated that they are not capable of theirs.    Time to find somebody that who is capable ....and end this nightmare.   The players and fans deserve better than this.

ozarkhog

I don't agree with him, but he has the right to his opinion without having  you squealing moderator.
Back off.
AKA: Snowflake  
Watch your thoughts; they become your words.
Watch your words; they become your actions.
Watch your actions; they become your habits.
Watch your habits; they become your character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

Snoop Hoggy Hog

bobetty

the black dude along with them was just whining about Illinois getting in from the "Big East Conference" - what knowledge and expertise is on display!  When they were on their tirade about Arkansas getting in over Drexel, the Arkansas SOS was 15th on the screen next to Drexel's 95th ranked SOS - and Digger and Dick both screaming they didn't see how this travesty could happen!  Look at the screen you are showing the national audience and the comparison numbers on display, you numb nuts!!

cream$$$

Is any credence given to a team's performance in tournaments through the year, because that is the one argument in our favor no one is making.  We won and played well in Orlando and now we played well and got to the final game in Atlanta.  Considering this is a tournament, why isn't a team's tournament experience for the year mentioned and instead just the end of the year tournament is mentioned?  Maybe Orlando is what the gave us the edge with the selection committee and none of the talking heads can figure that out.

ballhog™

If RPI and S.O.S. mean anything then I don't see how there is a debate.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

kgr

polandhog

LOL!

I AM SO HAPPY

WHO CARES IF WE LOSE, DICKIE V IS RABID!!!!!!!!!!!

hog.goblin

Let's beat USC and really tick off Digger and Dicker.

hoggystyle78

Choke on it Dickie V!!!!!!, the Hogs are dancing no matter how much you bitch, piss and moan. Who the heck is Drexel anyway??

1836andon

Quote from: weresoclose on March 11, 2007, 06:17:50 pm

I'm confused with your screen name.  Are you trying to say that we were so close or that we are so close?  And so close to what?

Sao Ming

Start one freakin thread dude.  ONE.  Stick to it.  Everytime someone says something don't think you should banter about it.  Good Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: Sao Ming on March 11, 2007, 06:23:12 pm
Start one freakin thread dude.  ONE.  Stick to it.  Everytime someone says something don't think you should banter about it.  Good Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No joke he starts a thread every 5 minutes.

Hog in MO

Its just a show people.  Can't you see that they only say these things because they know we're watching to HEAR THEM SAY IT???  Nobody watches ESPN just to get the scores anymore - just like nobody has watched MTV for music since the 80's.  I'd wager that most of the crap they spew they don't even actually believe - they're just getting people fired up one way or another so they come back to hear the next outrageous comment.  The first word in ESPN is Entertainment - Sports comes second. 

weresoclose

Quote from: ballhog on March 11, 2007, 06:21:06 pm
If RPI and S.O.S. mean anything then I don't see how there is a debate.

I hardly know what these things really mean.

I do know wins and losses, and we lost to BAD teams all year long.  To me, beating a Vandy team who got smokin hot and upset Florida (so did LSU) does not make a worthy season.

I'm happy we're going, but I have to say that our "body of work" was VERY MEDIOCRE this year.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Hog in MO on March 11, 2007, 06:25:43 pm
Its just a show people.  Can't you see that they only say these things because they know we're watching to HEAR THEM SAY IT???  Nobody watches ESPN just to get the scores anymore - just like nobody has watched MTV for music since the 80's.  I'd wager that most of the crap they spew they don't even actually believe - they're just getting people fired up one way or another so they come back to hear the next outrageous comment.  The first word in ESPN is Entertainment - Sports comes second. 

MTV used to play music?  Seems like that sounds familiar.  Good points.  Dicker and Dugger have been Hog promoters in the past so I think you are on the money - it's all about making strong statements (good or bad).

weresoclose

Quote from: 1836andon on March 11, 2007, 06:22:46 pm
Quote from: weresoclose on March 11, 2007, 06:17:50 pm

I'm confused with your screen name.  Are you trying to say that we were so close or that we are so close?  And so close to what?

We were so close.  Now we're three years away for BB, unless Stan leaves on his own.  And we're still one year away from a new FB HC, so I guess that's what we're closest to right now.

Five™

Does anybody have the quotes from when Dickie V said the derogatory stuff about Joakim Noah and the Gators? Thanks
FIVE™.

budcampbellfan

I am never listening to Dick V. again!  From now on it's just Rick Schaeffer for me!

(just kidding)
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

kgr

When Dickie V. coached the Pistons, he had a draft pick ahead of the Bucks and passed on Sidney.  That shows exactly how much bb he knows.

DEVICEHIGH

Dicks' just not the novelty he used to be.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

huntsducks

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 AM
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

Mister_BS

razor5396

Judas we are almost half hour into the show and Vitale is still mentioning Drexler. Somebody change his Pampers.

coolhog

Dickie says Drexel lost to VCU but VCU has stature!  WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!
He likes the David vs Goliath theme. They lost to Rider, William and Mary,
now thats stature.

Five™

Oh my godddd , Dickie V said Duke will lose to UCLA!! OMGG the world is ending.... but he said they'll rise to the occasion against Pitt
FIVE™.

Hog Fan from Camden

So Arkansas's RPI and Strength of schedule mean nothing. 

hogninja

I am happy that Dicki V is pissed about us over Drexel.  Ha Ha Ha, Na Na Na,
BooYah!  Waa  Waa  Waa.  We are in and Drexel is not.  Get over it and we will beat USC.   :razorback:

Pigskin_Porker

It was nice to see him get pi$$ed.  He's never really liked Arkansas anyways over the years. . .
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

Five™

Yeah he's real pissed.....I think he wants more air time to get his point out.
FIVE™.

Juicemeister

What a turnaround, he was praising Arkansas last week on 40/29. Wonder how much they paid him for that spot.

jeffisahog

everyone is dogging the fact that we got in,i still think the sec is 2nd best confereces,and i also think georgia,ole miss,and msu should have made it also

hogsrmyfav36

Vitale has always had an agenda that to promote ACC and east coast teams almost exclusively.  Nothing new
F&*!NG INTRANET

LordStanleysHog

Dickie V is an idiot, how the hell does he qualify as an expert?  He never leaves the state of North Carolina.  Quick, when was the last time he coached a winning team?

southeasthog

And they want to put this idiot in the College Basketball Hall of Fame under "contributors to the game." :puke: