Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, I think this should be it for Heath.

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, March 11, 2007, 01:41:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfansince1964

If the Hogs are an 8 or 9 seed and win their first round game then those calling for Heath's head will change their tune.

strawhog

Quote from: swisshog on March 11, 2007, 02:04:18 pm
Quote from: Hog Realist on March 11, 2007, 01:46:49 pm
lol beautiful...after all the worshipping that goes on in the last 3 days, as soon as things aren't perfect your calling for his head again.  Good fans you are
He had his second chance, he didn't produce, he's gone.
is that why houston has been around for 10 yrs

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: SuperHog on March 11, 2007, 01:45:10 pm
Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 11, 2007, 01:41:53 pm
Running the table in the SEC tourney was the only thing that would justify retaining him but it was not to be.  Time to open the purse strings and get a coach this program deserves.   :razorback:

I think Heath has earned another year.  His team had no chance today.  Completely unmanned, then thomas going down doesn't help either.  Unlike our other "coach" and I use that term very loosely...Heath's team seems to be playing better at the end of the year.  Plus-how can you fire a coach after back to back 20+ win seasons?  If you can't fire a coach in football for winning 10 games ONE time on a turmoil filled team which included assistant coaches harrassing players to the point that they transfer, then how can you fire a basketball coach that has shown improvement every single year?

Amen; no way can the board of trustees justify firing Heath, especially as  they lack the testosterone level necessary to fire Nutt.  Oh wait, Heath isn't a yuck-yuck good 'ole boy.  I hold out some hope of reason, however, and think Heath *may* have turned the corner...  I'm much more excited thinking about next year under Heath than I am contemplating next season under HDN.  If anyone deserves another year, it's Heath, not Nutt.  P-Bev, Washington, and Welsh are as talented a trio of frosh as we've had on campus, and with some new found chemistry with next year's seniors, the bball Hogs could be a force to be reckoned with next season.  The football team, conversely, will be fortunate to squeak into a lower to mid-tier bowl with one healthy RB before Nutt leaves the cupboard bare...
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

M6

If we get in they will jump on board. If we don't get in they will bail. What you are seeing is the weak in action. they are not man enough to take losing. If we hire a new coach and he doesnt produce they will just say we hired the wrong guy and blame who hired him. Not a one of these guys ever coached in College. Some of them don't have jobs yet, still in high school. But they are judging a guy that makes 700+ a year. High Schoolers are smart. PHD's and 50 year AD's are stupid. It would be funny except that actual belive that. The me generation..

Fatty McGee

Quote from: opineonswine on March 11, 2007, 02:15:21 pm
Quote from: nobballconcept on March 11, 2007, 01:43:40 pm
I agree.  Heath made a valiant effort, but 5 years and no NCAA tourney wins and an SEC record like his should send him packing.

Shouldn't even be a debate.

It shouldn't, but it is because of what has happened with the football program.  Had we demanded excellence in both sports, we wouldn't be in this position.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

hoghearted

Quote from: M6 on March 11, 2007, 02:04:28 pm
Uncle, quoting a reporter to support yourself. The SEC Coaches disagree with you and reporter. You very much over matched and in doubt. Why again should we listen to a reporter and not the SEC Coaches? I mean the Heisman  thought Houston did pretty well. What's the name of the trophy you give out?
Could you translate this into english, please?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Dwight_K_Shrute

If we are going to do it, do it quickly, like by tomorrow.  If we are going to keep him then announce that quickly as well.

One reason I want to do it quickyl is so we can mess with teams with hot coaches.  Start calling agents and moving planes around so their fans will get all hot and  bothered on their message boards.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

M6

DoneWith. What is your record in coaching Divsion 1?

3kgthog

Say bye bye to Stan, Ramona, Jordan, Joshua, and Patrick Beverley. 

arkyvol

folks, the hogs played the odds on national champion today.  considering, i think they did a darned credible job.  florida is  a veteran team with a national title under its belt.  arkansas is on the way up.  i think we need to keep the man who put it together.

WilsonHog

A few of you need to remain objective enough to debate the point without coming off like a total and complete ass.

Publius

Can any pro Heath person on this board make their argument without bring HDN into the equation?  I challenge any pro Heath person to back their position up with cold hard facts and not analogies with the football coach.  

M6

The guy just took you to the SEC Championship game and you want to fire him? So far, as of right now. It's the most rewarding season in 7 years at this time.

M6

Pub. Houston won this year. that's all anyone is saying. your complaining about 10 wins season and SEC West championship. My proof is results. What is yours rumor?

elkhog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 11, 2007, 02:16:02 pm
Quote from: opineonswine on March 11, 2007, 02:15:21 pm
Quote from: nobballconcept on March 11, 2007, 01:43:40 pm
I agree.  Heath made a valiant effort, but 5 years and no NCAA tourney wins and an SEC record like his should send him packing.

Shouldn't even be a debate.

It shouldn't, but it is because of what has happened with the football program.  Had we demanded excellence in both sports, we wouldn't be in this position.

Agreed.
GO HOGS!!!

hawggonnit

Who's to say Heath doesnt already have plans of his own.  I can see him taking the first good offer out of Fayetteville.  How can he want to come back after "THE LEAK"?  I'm not saying the PTB should fire him.  My only concern is I want my Hogs to play like they have the last two weeks.  And I dont care who the coach is that takes us there.  Let's just return to the days where we arent waiting 3 hours to see if we even make the dance.  WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

M6

Wait a minute. Stan did not inherit a winning or competative team. The program was in a downward spiral by 2001. Nolan left us in peril . Stan stopped that and got us back on the right track. To be fair he's had 2 or 3 years after having a real team again. Saying 5 years is simply unfair.

granny grunt

Heath should keep his job....  These players will be awesome next year!!!   I think the Hogs get in the NCAA today........

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: M6 on March 11, 2007, 02:23:15 pm
Pub. Houston won this year. that's all anyone is saying. your complaining about 10 wins season and SEC West championship. My proof is results. What is yours rumor?

Results:  Cost us 2-3 games EVERY year due to coaching decisions and game management.
Results:  Instead of allowing the team to grow and sustain momentum from 10 win season...he runs off his top offensive assistant and top recruits from the year before.
Results:  Can't recruit after his best year.

One good season a decade is not enough for me.  His lack of leadership is sickening.

You can fire a coach that is a bad leader and an incompetent coach when left to his own devices.  Obviously, HdN things you can replace/demote the OC coordinator of the year after a ten win season.  HdN believes you can fire or demote in the circumstance you state...So, we should do that to him.

Results don't lie.
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

March 11, 2007, 02:30:57 pm #69 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 02:34:26 pm by Richard_white
Quote from: M6 on March 11, 2007, 02:21:28 pm
The guy just took you to the SEC Championship game and you want to fire him? So far, as of right now. It's the most rewarding season in 7 years at this time.

So if a HC took his team into the Tournament Championship game with a .500 winning percentage, he shouldn't be fired because he made it to the game?

IMO Any team that comes together for 3 or 4 games and makes it to the tournament championship game, shouldn't exclude them from accountability. 

Remember Nolan's team in 2000?  What was his record going into the SEC tourney?

The 2 best teams don't always play in the BB tournament championship game.

spankinbacon

I agree, those back to back 20 win seasons shouldn't be enough for a coach that took over a team whose stud player was Chris Walker five years ago.  The fact that he was able to land studs like Washington, Townes, Thomas, Beverly, and Weems is a testament to his recruiting ability, those players chose to walk into a program in SHAMBLES because they believed in Stan Heath, not because of BWA, not because of national exposure (for sure), and not because it was the easiest team to play for in order to get a championship (ncaa, sec, or otherwise), they chose to play for Stan!!!  He has taken a core of young players over the course of this year and had them playing their best at the right time, it took some time for Weems, Welsh, Beverly, and Washington to adjust to SEC basketball, and some time for Ervin to learn how to play in Heath's system, but they are doing it now.  I doubt either Self or Gillespie will leave their respective programs to come to Arkansas, I certainly could be wrong, but I don't see leaving a team that has been in the top 15 virtually all year for what is at best a lateral move.  Any other year 21 wins, a SOS in the top 15, and a RPI in the 35-42 range would be a no brainer, this year it may not be enough, but I don't see that as justification for firing Stan.

HogFan1973

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on March 11, 2007, 02:04:16 pm
You know how I feel about Nutt. As for Stan, I like Heath, but I just don't think he is the best we can do. It's time for a new HC in both sports.

Just who is going to come here?  Seriously.  I don't want to "hear" that we have good info that so and so is coming.  I have been hearing that our fb coach is leaving and he is still here.

HogFan1973

Quote from: hawggonnit on March 11, 2007, 02:25:41 pm
Who's to say Heath doesnt already have plans of his own.  I can see him taking the first good offer out of Fayetteville.  How can he want to come back after "THE LEAK"?  I'm not saying the PTB should fire him.  My only concern is I want my Hogs to play like they have the last two weeks.  And I dont care who the coach is that takes us there.  Let's just return to the days where we arent waiting 3 hours to see if we even make the dance.  WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Well I can see where he might question whether or not to come back after the leak, but look at our fb coach.....I can't believe any coach that went through what he went through would want to stay here, but he is still here.

weresoclose

Quote from: Hog Realist on March 11, 2007, 01:46:49 pm
lol beautiful...after all the worshipping that goes on in the last 3 days, as soon as things aren't perfect your calling for his head again.  Good fans you are

I, for one, have never wavered.  Fire Heath!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Publius on March 11, 2007, 02:20:44 pm
Can any pro Heath person on this board make their argument without bring HDN into the equation?  I challenge any pro Heath person to back their position up with cold hard facts and not analogies with the football coach.  

You have to make those analogies because they are a factor.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Publius

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 11, 2007, 02:35:53 pm
Quote from: Publius on March 11, 2007, 02:20:44 pm

You have to make those analogies because they are a factor.
How so?

M6

March 11, 2007, 02:38:50 pm #76 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 02:42:45 pm by M6
Pub, Still waiting for the facts, the TRUTH, about Houston. The 'leak'. Wow call it a leak and half the people instantly think it's true. Well I've got a leak for you and it is true. Everyone knew Stan's job was on the line before the season started. But not a one of you including the reporter knows the truth. When exactly was it that the TRUTH became fiction and rumor became truth? Here's you a leak that is The truth. Stan was told Ark was going to terminate him. Barring an NCAA tournament RUN he was gone. The SEC Championship game obviously has an impact on the decision. The reporter was wrong. Stan was not told the tournament or else He was told barring a run in the NCAA. A run in the SEC deserves an atta boy. Stan was hire to stop the bleeding. To reverse the downward spiral. To put a competitive team back on the floor. He stopped the bleeding, turned it around and put a competitive team on the floor. No one went into this thinking much else. If he did that AND took us to the NCAA then great. But he was a perfect choice at the time and did exactly what he was asked. Stan has no shame but you fair weather weak fans do.

elksnort

Quote from: Air It Out Gus on March 11, 2007, 01:44:22 pm
Running the table in the SEC tourney was the only thing that would justify retaining him but it was not to be.  Time to open the purse strings and get a coach this program deserves.   :razorback:

Maybe so, but we will not be able to hire BG or BS.
Yeah, they are the only choices out there. ????

Doc Holiday

March 11, 2007, 02:39:45 pm #78 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 02:41:30 pm by Doc Holiday
Quote from: SuperHog on March 11, 2007, 01:45:10 pm
Running the table in the SEC tourney was the only thing that would justify retaining him but it was not to be.  Time to open the purse strings and get a coach this program deserves.   :razorback:

I think Heath has earned another year.  His team had no chance today.  Completely out-manned, then thomas going down doesn't help either.  Unlike our other "coach" and I use that term very loosely...Heath's team seems to be playing better at the end of the year.  Plus-how can you fire a coach after back to back 20+ win seasons?  If you can't fire a coach in football for winning 10 games ONE time on a turmoil filled team which included assistant coaches harrassing players to the point that they transfer, then how can you fire a basketball coach that has shown improvement every single year?
I agree.....Stan kept his team together.....lets not fire him until this year has played out...we still could make the dance....and if not and we could win the NIT.....I'd say after losing our two top scorers from last year, that wining the NIT is good compared to one and out.......Have you checked out the football records???? At least he isn't causeing trouble...one more year here.

weresoclose

Quote from: elksnort on March 11, 2007, 02:39:14 pm
Running the table in the SEC tourney was the only thing that would justify retaining him but it was not to be.  Time to open the purse strings and get a coach this program deserves.   :razorback:

Seriously.  There are literally DOZENS of coaches better than Heath who would drop everything to come to Arkansas.  I'll take almost any of them.

Doc Holiday

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on March 11, 2007, 02:02:11 pm
Quote from: cbad on March 11, 2007, 01:54:20 pm

WOW, Heath got this team to the SECCG and you want to fire him.
Glad I don't work for you.

Keep in mind, we had to replace over 40% of our scoring this year.
This team has a huge upside next year.

Rebuttal #1--we had the easiest draw imaginable.  USC is a joke, Missy St. is an NIT team, and Vandy will get a 8, 9, or 10 seed.  did that honestly win you over?  or were you just so impressed with our 7-9 conference record and 1 win over a top 25 school that  the SEC tourney didn't matter for you.

Rebuttal #2--this is NOT an inexperienced team.  we have the second most seasoned frontcourt in the country, behind only florida.  townes, thomas, and hill were thrown into the fire as freshmen, and have played THREE full years of college ball.  our point guard just finished his FOURTH year at a major college university, and weems has played THREE years of upper level basketball.   so we have one freshman we rely on...most teams usually do.

so why does stan get another chance?
Where is everyone getting this only one win over a top 25 school.....Correct me if I'm wrong please, but wasn't Vandy ranked both times we beat them....wasn't Alabama also???? wouldn't that be 4 wins vs. ranked teams?

M6

Yes DOZENS that would come now. But there was almost no one that wanted to take over the mess that Nolan left us in. Your statement actually validates Heath. We had no team when he arrived. Now there are DOZENS that would take it from here. THINK

Publius

Quote from: M6 on March 11, 2007, 02:38:50 pm
Pub, Still waiting for the facts, the TRUTH, about Houston. The 'leak'. Wow call it a leak and half the people instantly think it's true. Well I've got a leak for you and it is true. Everyone knew Stan's job was on the line before the season started. But not a one of you including the reporter knows the truth. When exactly was it that the TRUTH became fiction and rumor became truth? Here's you a leak that is The truth. Stan was told Ark was going to terminate him. Barring an NCAA tournament RUN he was gone. The SEC Championship game obviously has an impact on the decision. The reporter was wrong. Stan was not told the tournament or else He was told barring a run in the NCAA. A run in the SEC deserves an atta boy. Stan was hire to stop the bleeding. To reverse the downward spiral. To put a competitive team back on the floor. He stopped the bleeding, turned it around and put a competitive team on the floor. No one went into this thinking much else. If he did that AND took us to the NCAA then great. But he was a perfect choice at the time and did exactly what he was asked. Stan has no shame but you fair weather weak fans do.
So because he made a good run in this year's tournament, that dispels the fact that it was his own piss poor coaching that put him in the position where he had to run the table to begin with?  Do you seriously believe that a 7-9 conference record was the result of good coaching?  A 7-9 record that very well may keep us out of the big dance?

spankinbacon

Quote from: weresoclose on March 11, 2007, 02:40:50 pm

Seriously.  There are literally DOZENS of coaches better than Heath who would drop everything to come to Arkansas.  I'll take almost any of them.

DOZENS of coaches better than Stan who would drop everything to come here????Are you serious?  Please give me One Dozen, and don't give me Pitino or Coach K or any of those other unrealistic names that some people have thrown around on this board.

HogFan1973

Quote from: spankinbacon on March 11, 2007, 02:47:30 pm

DOZENS of coaches better than Stan who would drop everything to come here????Are you serious?  Please give me One Dozen, and don't give me Pitino or Coach K or any of those other unrealistic names that some people have thrown around on this board.

I second this?  Who are a dozen that would drop everything and come here?

Doc Holiday

Dickey Nutt :-)    did I say that.....I think the brain washing on the hill is working...

spankinbacon

Quote from: Air It Out Gus on March 11, 2007, 02:50:49 pm

Crickets....

M6

PUB, I  asked for facts and you give rhetoric. Remember what Stan was hired to do. Nolan had created a messy and racially significant change. It was Nolan's teams that won just 9 and 13? games. Once Stan got his guys on the floor they started coming back up. Stan had just taken Kent into rare air. His primary purpose was to turn it around and he did. You are judging him unfairly. Nolan left us in a royal mess. If Stan leaves we have nothing remotely resembling a mess. There are a lot of coaches that would take the program from here. Of course none of you have any knowledge or truth it's just rethoric. Stan resurrected us. He guided us from Ashes to the SEC Championship game. Fire him or not. But if your going to judge him then judge him fairly.

weresoclose

There have been dozens of viable coaches' names thrown out, in case you've been under a rock.  Shoot, there are a dozen mid major coaches I would rather have than Heath.  If you don't think Arkansas could have 25 interested coaches better than Heath, you don't know our program very well.

M6

weresoclose. thrown around? by who reporters and boarders. Gosh man get a grip on yourself. Our coach has not been fired. We may make the bubble. No coach has said anything publicly about taking the Ark job. You've lost a grip on reality. Saying something without any proof is called BS.

Publius

March 11, 2007, 02:59:28 pm #90 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 03:04:53 pm by Publius
Quote from: M6 on March 11, 2007, 02:54:26 pm
PUB, I  asked for facts and you give rhetoric. Remember what Stan was hired to do. Nolan had created a messy and racially significant change. It was Nolan's teams that won just 9 and 13? games. Once Stan got his guys on the floor they started coming back up. Stan had just taken Kent into rare air. His primary purpose was to turn it around and he did. You are judging him unfairly. Nolan left us in a royal mess. If Stan leaves we have nothing remotely resembling a mess. There are a lot of coaches that would take the program from here. Of course none of you have any knowledge or truth it's just rethoric. Stan resurrected us. He guided us from Ashes to the SEC Championship game. Fire him or not. But if your going to judge him then judge him fairly.
Is it rhetoric that we went 7-9 in conference with 10 games against the western division?  Is it rhetoric that SH has won 7 regular season road games in five years?  Is it rhetoric that this team still can not attack a zone defense out of a half court set?  Is it rhetoric that attendance at BWA has dropped every year he has been there?  Is it rhetoric that his teams have consistently found ways to blow big leads or chronically get down double digits when playing on the road?

spankinbacon

Quote from: weresoclose on March 11, 2007, 02:54:41 pm

There have been dozens of viable coaches' names thrown out, in case you've been under a rock.  Shoot, there are a dozen mid major coaches I would rather have than Heath.  If you don't think Arkansas could have 25 interested coaches better than Heath, you don't know our program very well.

I don't want 25, just give me 12, watch it with the mid majors though, if you list them they better have a better track record than Stan did at kent state

M6

There have been dozens of viable coaches' names thrown out, in case you've been under a rock.  Shoot, there are a dozen mid major coaches I would rather have than Heath.  If you don't think Arkansas could have 25 interested coaches better than Heath, you don't know our program very well.

That you want? Why does that matter. Are you qualified to make that decision? Do you influence the decision? Or are you just saying you have an opinion? I've read your post on this thread for about 10 minutes and I wouldn't touch anyone you recommended. That's why you don't see me confessing like you. I don't hire coaches. I just buy the ticket. I go to watch football or basketball to spend quality time with my son.  I have coached, not at D1 but past high school level. It's NOT as easy as you say. There is no easy button.

dbaileyway7

Quote from: hogfansince1964 on March 11, 2007, 01:58:07 pm
Stan Heath should keep his job.

He will! There is no way those chickenshiets in control{ supposed to be in control }will have the balls to fire Stan, knowing Nolan is waiting in the wings for an excuse, and no, I'm not a Nolan fan! Mark it down.

Publius

Quote from: dbaileyway7 on March 11, 2007, 03:06:12 pm

He will! There is no way those chickenshiets in control{ supposed to be in control }will have the balls to fire Stan, knowing Nolan is waiting in the wings for an excuse, and no, I'm not a Nolan fan! Mark it down.

Excuse for what?

M6

Nolan is a proven winner. He's in town and after a few more 41,000 monthly checks will be without a job.

M6

HogFansince, Ah nolan's case was heard by the highest courts several times and was not successful. And when you call the admin CS what is your proof. I don't mean rumor or opinion. I mean proof, or the truth

dbaileyway7

Quote from: Publius on March 11, 2007, 03:07:08 pm

Excuse for what?

To say he was right all along. White coach verses Black being treated differant. If Stan is fired, it will happen.

Publius

Quote from: dbaileyway7 on March 11, 2007, 03:10:57 pm
Quote from: Publius on March 11, 2007, 03:07:08 pm

Excuse for what?

To say he was right all along. White coach verses Black being treated differant. If Stan is fired, it will happen.
Did he not do that twice in a court of law and lose twice?  PLEASE!!!

spankinbacon

Quote from: spankinbacon on March 11, 2007, 03:04:39 pm
Quote from: weresoclose on March 11, 2007, 02:54:41 pm

I don't want 25, just give me 12, watch it with the mid majors though, if you list them they better have a better track record than Stan did at kent state

That's odd...crickets again, let me help you out, Phil Jackson is not coming here, Pat Riley is not coming here, Coach K---No, Roy Williams, kind of doubt it, Bill Self, Why would he, Gillespie---see Self.......