Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The only reason the media threw Stan under the bus was ...

Started by madxbayhog, March 10, 2007, 02:51:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

madxbayhog

to take the pressure off HDN.

If I were Stan I would find a new job and tell the U of A and it's spin machine to kiss my as*!

Hollywood_HOGan

thats what i thought this morning when i read they had a buyout plan in the newspaper.

guess nice guys do finish last up there.

polandhog

that's so frustrating...

i want heath to succeed here, but the ua admins are tools

Rsvlhog

Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

weresoclose

I'm so glad they threw him under the bus, and you all should be too.

If not for that we wouldn't be celebrating today.  GO HOGS!

:razorback:

pigmania

Quote from: madxbayhog on March 10, 2007, 02:51:31 pm

If I were Stan I would find a new job and tell the U of A and it's spin machine to kiss my as*!
My first thought was Chuckles Barrett. In Chuckles eyes, Dale is the 2nd coming of Christ, but when it comes to Stan, not only does Chuckles throw him under the bus, he runs over him twice. Barrett is the most pathetic waste of billions of cells, I have ever seen.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: pigmania on March 10, 2007, 03:13:45 pm

My first thought was Chuckles Barrett. In Chuckles eyes, Dale is the 2nd coming of Christ, but when it comes to Stan, not only does Chckles throw him under the bus, he runs over him twice. Barrett is the most pathetic waste of billions of cells, I have ever seen.

I freakin cannot stand that moronic human being.

STICK IT CHUCK!

LilRounDevil

Watergate happened and President Kennedy was killed for the same reason.

PIGINAPOKE

+1   The smart ones like you can see the light.....
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

rude1

I have to agree. While I was critical of Heath all season long, I thought it was extremely bush league to have some one leaking that if he doesn't go to the NCAA tourney he will replaced. Even more disturbing to me besides the leak, was there was never attempt by the PTB to uncover who leaked that and to get rid of that said individual. This program as a whole seems to be heading no where because there is a clear lack of leadership and professionalism at the top. In retrospect, Nolan was a 100% correct, and now i do understand what it was that made him so angry.

mudslog

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on March 10, 2007, 03:26:06 pm

+1   The smart ones like you can see the light.....

Heath's marketability sure has gone up the past few days.   I don't think Heath has to personally worry about anything.   He is set either way.   

LilRounDevil

Quote from: mudslog on March 10, 2007, 03:27:52 pm
Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on March 10, 2007, 03:26:06 pm

+1   The smart ones like you can see the light.....

Heath's marketability sure has gone up the past few days.   I don't think Heath has to personally worry about anything.   He is set either way.  

If he wins a few more he should get some offers.

ChrisD

Stan is on the verge. Fact is he was 5 years away from being qualified for this job when he got it. 
If we keep him, I am sure we will be good next year, and he will have a basis for a great recruiting year. I have this feeling that he is about to make a serious run of about five years that will rival anything we have seen so far at Arkansas. JMHO no facts, 

rude1

You
Quote from: ChrisD on March 10, 2007, 03:29:47 pm
Stan is on the verge. Fact is he was 5 years away from being qualified for this job when he got it. 
If we keep him, I am sure we will be good next year, and he will have a basis for a great recruiting year. I have this feeling that he is about to make a serious run of about five years that will rival anything we have seen so far at Arkansas. JMHO no facts, 
[/quote You have to be kidding me, we won a NC, and was runner up the next season. What is it you think we are about to do that rivals that? Let's don't get carried away here with the hyperbole.

mikeirwin

"It wasn't "the media" who threw Stan under the bus. It was people employed by the U of A.
They leaked that story.
KFSM did not report Heath was out for the very reason you're complaining about. We felt they wanted that story out there to take the focus away from the football program.
Another reason we didn't report it is because there was always the possibility this basketball team could get hot (which they did). At that point those who leaked the story can always say they knew nothing about it leaving those reporters who reported it with egg on their faces.
Don't think little games aren't played like this all the time.

LilRounDevil

Quote from: rude1 on March 10, 2007, 03:32:09 pm
You
Quote from: ChrisD on March 10, 2007, 03:29:47 pm
[/quote You have to be kidding me, we won a NC, and was runner up the next season. What is it you think we are about to do that rivals that? Let's don't get carried away here with the hyperbole.

That's what happens when you win a few games against decent teams - fans rally 'round you until your next loss and then they try to scalp you again.

weresoclose

Well Mike I personally believe the main reason I am able to enjoy this great feeling today is because the "Win or Get Canned" line was leaked.  For whatever reason, it took a threat of Coach Heath getting fired to make the team start playing with heart.  I don't buy the meeting/movie thing--that happened after the catalyst, which was the hot seat leak.  JMHO, but I don't care whether it took focus off Nutt.  We've long since passed the "Fire Nutt" window for this offseason.  What it did do was accurately guage fan and team support for Heath.  Both parties have spoken, and Heath will probably keep his job.

M6

You guys weren't in the meeting with Stan. You don't know anything for fact. That leak may be incorrect. That leak may be a designed leak. You hear a leak and you say 'oh yea, that's the truth'.  It could already be over for Stan at Ark. You guys don't know. Reporters don't know. Frank has been threatening to retire for 3 years. The people that REALLY know will tell you that frank was going to do it after 50, in December, anyway. The board forced him to make the announcement early. That's it. None of the other rumors on this board have panned out. There is no pressure on HDN. Gus didn't stop the ego-parents. They forced their hand and all paid the price. Once Gus was gone poor Mitch is left hanging in the wind. Stop blaming the reaction. Blame the action.

Shoe Strings

Quote from: M6 on March 10, 2007, 03:43:13 pm
You guys weren't in the meeting with Stan. You don't know anything for fact. That leak may be incorrect. That leak may be a designed leak. You hear a leak and you say 'oh yea, that's the truth'.  It could already be over for Stan at Ark. You guys don't know. Reporters don't know. Frank has been threatening to retire for 3 years. The people that REALLY know will tell you that frank was going to do it after 50, in December, anyway. The board forced him to make the announcement early. That's it. None of the other rumors on this board have panned out. There is no pressure on HDN. Gus didn't stop the ego-parents. They forced their hand and all paid the price. Once Gus was gone poor Mitch is left hanging in the wind. Stop blaming the reaction. Blame the action.

Diana, go send some more emails.......

Hoop

Quote from: M6 on March 10, 2007, 03:43:13 pm
tell your buddy Nutt he's a dipshiit!
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

Ridgerunnerpiggie

You people must think that Oliver Stone movies are historically accurate...geesh!

M6

Diana,, Nutt? Boy you are struggling. Seriously think about it. You hear there's a leak and you instantly take it for the truth. How stupid of you. If you have an issue and you don't respond yourself someone else will and you probably won't like the outcome. Detractors think you are smarter than the PH'd's that make the decisions at the UofA. How funny.  The ego-parents force their hand. They demanded a meeting with Broyles. That much is known. The meeting was designed to get their way. They lost that is apparent. Just eat your crow, go in the closet and get your thinking cap back on.

madxbayhog

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 10, 2007, 03:33:04 pm

"It wasn't "the media" who threw Stan under the bus. It was people employed by the U of A.
They leaked that story.
KFSM did not report Heath was out for the very reason you're complaining about. We felt they wanted that story out there to take the focus away from the football program.
Another reason we didn't report it is because there was always the possibility this basketball team could get hot (which they did). At that point those who leaked the story can always say they knew nothing about it leaving those reporters who reported it with egg on their faces.

Mike I'm sorry I used the word media. I know that once the story was leaked everyone had to go with it. But the Uof A spin machine made sure it got out on the radio, Sports Rap and Drivetime, and through the internet. Hell Dudley even claimed the next coach would be named Bill. They would never do to HDN.

Torqued pork

Arkansas isn't a top 5 job, but it's still a pretty darn good job. I doubt Stan will have any better options than staying here and coaching a very experienced Hog team next year. Regardless of how he may feel slighted by the ptb, I think he will stay for the players.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on March 10, 2007, 03:54:08 pm
Arkansas isn't a top 5 job, but it's still a pretty darn good job. I doubt Stan will have any better options than staying here and coaching a very experienced Hog team next year. Regardless of how he may feel slighted by the ptb, I think he will stay for the players.

I agree.  Apart from the top of the U of A AD Stan has no one to hate.  JFB will be gone  before next year is over and I don't think the new AD will be such a hater.  Besides, if Stan did want to leave the program, the end of next year would be the perfect springboard to a big program.  He won't gain much leaving in the next month or two.

Rsvlhog

Just my opinion I think the scuffle against MSU when we saw the players stepping up and rallying around Irvin was a turning point with this team. They have been a different team since that incident. I am not sure this stupid leak has had as much to do with it but I am not saying it has not made the team rally around Stan either just maybe not the most influential. I really like this teams potential and Stan's for next year.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

M6

I guess a lot of you never had a job. In the real world there are power struggle near daily. Sometimes a CEO or VP leaves, sometimes it's an employee. If there is a lot of unrest it may be necessary for a CEO/ Boss whatever to terminate someone for little or no reason to show he is in charge. Let me tell you from experience. Right or wrong, if you toast someone for what looks like no reason. If you do it just because you can. You will crush the opposition quickly. You will also gain a lot of haters. But the short term needs of a few are often are less important than the long term needs of the masses. The reason Truman dropped the bomb was not to kill all those innocent people in Nagasaki and Hiro. He did it to stop the war then and there. Destroying a 100 thousand innocent people stopped a conflict that had taken millions an could have taken even more and continued for years. That's why I think Houston is still there an Gus is gone. Gus and the Ego-parents attacked the coach and AD. That's why the school didn't terminate Houston. That is why he got a raise and vote of confidence. If the BOT and white and suggs have the guts and power to force an early announcement from frank for firing Gus why do you think they couldn't and wouldn't do that to Houston. Two reasons. Houston had a great season. And Houston is not guilty. Gus and Ego-parents attacked and they were repelled. Frank could have taken a different approach. He choose to code red and he paid a price. Notice though how it's always the guy who hits last gets the flag. No one sees the initial attack, just the poor sap fighting back. The media showed they weren't thinking. So the UofA, the leak, used the media as a tool against itself. THINK, PEOPLE, THINK.

malzhanista

Quote from: M6 on March 10, 2007, 03:53:36 pm
Diana,, Nutt? Boy you are struggling. Seriously think about it. You hear there's a leak and you instantly take it for the truth. How stupid of you. If you have an issue and you don't respond yourself someone else will and you probably won't like the outcome. Detractors think you are smarter than the PH'd's that make the decisions at the UofA. How funny.  The ego-parents force their hand. They demanded a meeting with Broyles. That much is known. The meeting was designed to get their way. They lost that is apparent. Just eat your crow, go in the closet and get your thinking cap back on.

That's the dumbest darn I've ever heard on this board.

Hog Fan from Camden

I will admit, like a lot of people on this board, I was getting tired of Stan too!  But I'm glad we are winning to stick it to those guys.  Looks like the little media leak did more than just rally the players around Stan.  It rallied alot of the fans who, for obvious reasons, had given up.  Still it was a low down ploy against the one good coach of character that we have at Arkansas! 

barry150

Quote from: M6 on March 10, 2007, 04:22:27 pm
I guess a lot of you never had a job. In the real world there are power struggle near daily. Sometimes a CEO or VP leaves, sometimes it's an employee. If there is a lot of unrest it may be necessary for a CEO/ Boss whatever to terminate someone for little or no reason to show he is in charge. Let me tell you from experience. Right or wrong, if you toast someone for what looks like no reason. If you do it just because you can. You will crush the opposition quickly. You will also gain a lot of haters. But the short term needs of a few are often are less important than the long term needs of the masses. The reason Truman dropped the bomb was not to kill all those innocent people in Nagasaki and Hiro. He did it to stop the war then and there. Destroying a 100 thousand innocent people stopped a conflict that had taken millions an could have taken even more and continued for years. That's why I think Houston is still there an Gus is gone. Gus and the Ego-parents attacked the coach and AD. That's why the school didn't terminate Houston. That is why he got a raise and vote of confidence. If the BOT and white and suggs have the guts and power to force an early announcement from frank for firing Gus why do you think they couldn't and wouldn't do that to Houston. Two reasons. Houston had a great season. And Houston is not guilty. Gus and Ego-parents attacked and they were repelled. Frank could have taken a different approach. He choose to code red and he paid a price. Notice though how it's always the guy who hits last gets the flag. No one sees the initial attack, just the poor sap fighting back. The media showed they weren't thinking. So the UofA, the leak, used the media as a tool against itself. THINK, PEOPLE, THINK.
I swear you are one of the most brainwashed individuals I have ever seen on this board.  You have absolutely no understanding whatsoever about what transpired between Houston, Malzahn, MM and the parents this year.  Every time you post you show your ignorance. 
Chuck showed his butt where Heath was concerned these past few weeks, and you are showing yours now with your constant "Houston was attacked" crap. 
The ONLY reason the man still has a job is there WERE a few people involved who showed a bit of restraint

Reaganite

The fact that the U of A SURROGATES in the media took it and ran with it is what I think people are shaking their heads at Mike.

Chuck and Rick saw this as a great opportunity to get the attention off their hero (Nutt) and give them someone they COULD BE tough on, don't care about, and are not friends with.  This is evidence by the clear double standards employed.  What's applicable to Heath, was not applicable to Nutt.

What's funny though is that most people can see through it.  The afternoon radio, drive by media types are becoming so transparent it's laughable.  They really do think most of us are stupid and as moldable as clay. 

weresoclose

Quote from: Reaganite on March 10, 2007, 04:48:59 pm
The fact that the U of A SURROGATES in the media took it and ran with it is what I think people are shaking their heads at Mike.

Chuck and Rick saw this as a great opportunity to get the attention off their hero (Nutt) and give them someone they COULD BE tough on, don't care about, and are not friends with.  This is evidence by the clear double standards employed.  What's applicable to Heath, was not applicable to Nutt.

What's funny though is that most people can see through it.  The afternoon radio, drive by media types are becoming so transparent it's laughable.  They really do think most of us are stupid and as moldable as clay. 

Really, I usually respect your posts, but you've got to be kidding me.

After underperforming year number 3 with Heath, you're darn straight his ass was on the line.  As a bonus, NOW we get to see our team actually play with their hearts!  And public support for Heath has never been higher.  I still want him gone regardless, but as long as we're playing like we are, I'm content to enjoy the victories, even though I know this pink cloud we're on will eventually fade into lackadaisical gray.

jk591

Well, said. +1.

Dugann

i think there is some truth to that espically from the tools chuck, randy and gangs.. yep I think u r right on that one +1
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

weresoclose

Sigh.  Listen, I want Nutt gone.  But we've long since passed the "Fire Nutt" window this offseason.  If a byproduct or even the main reason the story was leaked was to get everyone to shut up about something that wasn't going to happen, period (HDN getting canned), then who cares?

That still has NOTHING to do with the truth of the leak.  I'll tell you one thing, if Heath was not on the hot seat after the poor underperforming regular season, then something was terribly terribly wrong.  If you think it wasn't/isn't true, you're crazy.  You don't have to agree with it, but that doesn't mean squat as to it's truthfulness. 

And as an added bonus, we now get to play Florida in the SEC finals, and are going to The Dance -- two things that would not have happened otherwise.  And maybe it's lit a fire under Heath, too.  He never understood what it meant to bleed hog red.  Maybe now he's getting the picture. :razorback:

LilRounDevil

The media doesn't do anything wrong.  Just ask them.

Reaganite

Quote from: weresoclose on March 10, 2007, 04:55:14 pm

After underperforming year number 3 with Heath, you're darn straight his ass was on the line.  As a bonus, NOW we get to see our team actually play with their hearts!  And public support for Heath has never been higher.  I still want him gone regardless, but as long as we're playing like we are, I'm content to enjoy the victories, even though I know this pink cloud we're on will eventually fade into lackadaisical gray.

No, no, no.  You're misunderstanding me.  I'm not debating Heath's worth or whether or not he should be canned.  I'm talking about the double standard imposed by the likes of Chuck and Rick.

Remember all the excuses they were all to willing to put out for Nutt in '04 and '05?  They will bend over backwards to protect a buddy when he deserves to get the same thing Heath has been getting. 

Make no mistake where I stand, Heath brought the heat on himself.  I just find it laughable that some who are being holier than thou when it comes to Nutt are picking up boulders to throw at Heath.

That's all.

weresoclose

Quote from: Reaganite on March 10, 2007, 06:45:35 pm
Quote from: weresoclose on March 10, 2007, 04:55:14 pm

No, no, no.  You're misunderstanding me.  I'm not debating Heath's worth or whether or not he should be canned.  I'm talking about the double standard imposed by the likes of Chuck and Rick.

Remember all the excuses they were all to willing to put out for Nutt in '04 and '05?  They will bend over backwards to protect a buddy when he deserves to get the same thing Heath has been getting. 

Make no mistake where I stand, Heath brought the heat on himself.  I just find it laughable that some who are being holier than thou when it comes to Nutt are picking up boulders to throw at Heath.

That's all.

My bad, I thought you were challenging the idea that Heath's job was really on the line. 

I'll say it again, though, HDN was never going to be fired after a 10 win season and w/o BD available, and to tell you the truth, I'm sick of having to hear about it all the time.  Whatever the reason the Sunshine Co. ran with it, we both agree that Heath put the heat on himself.  And I'm glad he showed he could respond under pressure.  It'll be good for his next job.

budcampbellfan

March 10, 2007, 07:15:16 pm #38 Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 07:17:01 pm by budcampbellfan
Reaganite and all:

Chuck and Rick don't think anything.  They originate no strategy of their own.  They simply take their orders from the BC.  It is that simple.  I don't think they have any personal preferences of coaches or opinions except the ones they are fed.  They are pure unadulterated 100% puppets of the establishment.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

bwbcpa

I jumped off Heath's bandwagon after the Kentucky game, but I have to give kudos where it is due. The team AND Heath have made an outstanding comeback and I'm actually seeing emotion out of Coach Heath. I think he's become a Hog fan! Let's see now if the media that was so quick to throw down on Heath is willing to pick him back up and dust him off.  I am! I owe him an apology. Stan - I'm sorry. The operatives on the "Hill" are so pathetic. I watched Rick at the Bball games go over to HDN and pat him on the shoulder during the timeouts, then he gets on DTS and spouts "...if Stan is even here next year..." Wow, where's the standard!  I've always felt the only reason the story on Stan's contract was leaked was to divert attention away from HDN and, yes, I am so sick of the "Hill" and their media wonks that I don't listen to their broadcasts. BTW, did anyone pick up on Stan's comments during the pregame defending the strength of the SEC West? I think he's really come around doesn't have anyone on the hill to defend him but himself and the team. GO HOGS - GO STAN!

Uncle Jed

Quote from: weresoclose on March 10, 2007, 03:41:32 pm
Well Mike I personally believe the main reason I am able to enjoy this great feeling today is because the "Win or Get Canned" line was leaked.  For whatever reason, it took a threat of Coach Heath getting fired to make the team start playing with heart.  I don't buy the meeting/movie thing--that happened after the catalyst, which was the hot seat leak.  JMHO, but I don't care whether it took focus off Nutt.  We've long since passed the "Fire Nutt" window for this offseason.  What it did do was accurately guage fan and team support for Heath.  Both parties have spoken, and Heath will probably keep his job.

Did you actually listen to the tripe that the sunshine pumpers were spewing out?   It wasn't "win or be fired" as you say.   These idiots already had Stan buried and were talking about which new coach we were going to get.    And no, we have NOT passed the "Fire Nutt" window.   It only gets larger and more talked about the more games Heath wins.   Heath has a winning program and is a class act - meanwhile, we still have Bozo The Clown and his three ring circus running our football program - a national embarassment.

If I were one of these sunshine pumpers, I'd be ashamed to show my face in Bud Walton Arena.   How does Schaeffer live with himself?   
Note to John White:   Please do your job.     Frank and Nutt have repeatedly demonstrated that they are not capable of theirs.    Time to find somebody that who is capable ....and end this nightmare.   The players and fans deserve better than this.

sechawgfan

Its amazing how Nutt gets the blame for everything around here...... Even the basketball program.... simply ignorant.

alohahog

REAGANITE, Is bringing it tonight!!!   Thank God for Stan Heath!! this whole thing is just another example of the spin on the HILL of a few crooked/bad people.Now what are they going to say??? instead of Gus busting them out, I wish Stan would call them out.I can't believe this many huggers are still this BLIND.All of these people need to be fired NOW. They started the negative Stan spin,just a couple of days after TYSON was appointed.Stan winning gives us a better chance for the media to tell the true story on the hill.ATTENTION-HUGGERS,if you are still confused on these matters please inquire with one of us and we will be glad to fill you in with the facts you have inadvertently overlooked.   THE REVOLUTION BEGINS NOW!!!!!!!

gohogs3218

I don't get why people think the football season was so great. We beat only three teams with winning records and we finished the season with a BUST! I was at all three of those games and it was NUTTBALL at it's finest. Houston was not responsible for anything great that did happen with our season. We won in spite of Nutt being our coach.

weresoclose

March 10, 2007, 08:42:56 pm #44 Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 08:51:52 pm by weresoclose
Quote from: Uncle Jed on March 10, 2007, 08:12:23 pm
Quote from: weresoclose on March 10, 2007, 03:41:32 pm

Did you actually listen to the tripe that the sunshine pumpers were spewing out?   It wasn't "win or be fired" as you say.   These idiots already had Stan buried and were talking about which new coach we were going to get.    And no, we have NOT passed the "Fire Nutt" window.   It only gets larger and more talked about the more games Heath wins.   Heath has a winning program and is a class act - meanwhile, we still have Bozo The Clown and his three ring circus running our football program - a national embarassment.

If I were one of these sunshine pumpers, I'd be ashamed to show my face in Bud Walton Arena.   How does Schaeffer live with himself?   

The amount of people who listen to those fools pales in comparison to the newspaper readers of the Arkansas.  Most people don't spend more than their mornings and maybe the evening news on Hog sports.  And the papers all said that Heath had to go to the Dance or his a$$ was grass.  I don't even bother listening to Sportscrap anymore, and until HDN is gone i suggest the same for you.

You can go ahead and believe the fantasy that HDN will be fired if you want to waste your time.  But it's not gonna happen, and I've learned to live with it.  You would do well accepting the same thing.  

As far as fantasy goes, you probably are one of the people who believe that "Facing the Giants" was the reason for the turnaround.  Puke.  Plain and simple, the team learned that their qualms and bottled emotions and lackadaisical effort was going to get their coach canned, and they responded with their hearts.  You can't make this stuff up.  It is what it is.

One "airing of grievences" and a shoving match later, and we've got ourselves a ball team.  And fans are calling for Heath to stay.  And guess what, he probably will next year.  And as a consolation prize I get to watch the Hogs go to The Dance.

weresoclose

Quote from: alohahog on March 10, 2007, 08:36:14 pm
REAGANITE, Is bringing it tonight!!!   Thank God for Stan Heath!! this whole thing is just another example of the spin on the HILL of a few crooked/bad people.Now what are they going to say??? instead of Gus busting them out, I wish Stan would call them out.I can't believe this many huggers are still this BLIND.All of these people need to be fired NOW. They started the negative Stan spin,just a couple of days after TYSON was appointed.Stan winning gives us a better chance for the media to tell the true story on the hill.ATTENTION-HUGGERS,if you are still confused on these matters please inquire with one of us and we will be glad to fill you in with the facts you have inadvertently overlooked.   THE REVOLUTION BEGINS NOW!!!!!!!

I wanted Stan to go last year.  So did a ton of other people.  Bud Walton was missing 1/3 of its capacity long before Johnny T. showed up on the board.  Get real.  Your blind hatred of HDN keeps you wanting mediocrity on the basketball court at all costs.  I could care less if it's fair.  I'll take what I can get.  And since I can't get HDN canned this year, I'll take Heath.

For the love of God, Hogball used to mean something.  We beat SC, Vandy and MSU and you all crap your pants in joy!  Jesus, man.  I guess I still carry around some Barnhill in me.  I guess I miss the old days.  Heathball sucks.

fred ziffel

March 10, 2007, 08:50:28 pm #46 Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 08:54:02 pm by fred ziffel
Mike, why not divulge who was the source of the leak if you know? To me this kind of politics are deplorable. Far worse than anything we have seen thus far. The persons responsible should be held accountable. This reeks of slime....and someone should take them to task over it.

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 10, 2007, 03:33:04 pm

They leaked that story.

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

M6

Gohog, I didn't see that. We lost to LSU by 1 play when the sprinter ran one back. One play. We lost to Florida by a couple of special teams plays. We lost a chance to go OT with Wisconsin by one kick. Buddy that's not a bust by any stretch. We easily beat those easy teams. When Tenn and Auburn came to play we thumped them too. Your just mad because Gus and Mitch quit. Period. Your trying the best you can to defend their action. You don't even know the truth but you still blame. Blame the Quitters. Blame the Ego-parents. They are the ones that couldn't just shut up and soak in the wins. If things are as bad as you say the BOT doesn't agree. The SEC coaches don't agree. College Gameday doesn't agree. Whoever put us on TV 11 times doesn't agree. The SEC Coach of the Year doesn't agree. The guy that finished 2nd in the Heisman doesn't agree. Last and certainly least I don't agree. I don't see it. To me ALL of this negative crap is just because one player and one coach quit. Yea that is not good. But they demanded an audience with the AD. They quit a winning team. What reason would you have to quit a winning team. Selfishness. We won but it was not done in the manner Great Gus or Mighty Mitch wanted so they quit. That's what started this. Regardless of what they were promised during recruiting. Houston knew he had to get these guys. Everyone was already talking about how we should fire him if he didn't get these guys. He probably told them they could have the moon to get them. If I had been recruiting them I would have told them whatever they wanted to hear.

alohahog

weresoclose you have some valid points.I was one of those students who camped out for days to get tickets @ BARNHILL.I tell everyone I was there during the Robertson,Walker,Kline,Drexler,Young,Hakeem days. You have made me think which is what this forum is for (NOT-FIGHTING).I am just so SAD about our F-Ball coaches actions & deceitfullness.I pray that they RID us of him.

Pigmund Freud

It's truly amusing to watch the scramble of the huggers to deal with Heath's sudden success. It is painfully obvious that Heath was to be sacrificed(deservedly so) so that the spotlight on Houston running off the best talent that ever wanted to come here would be dimmed. Even Rick and Chuck , IMO, were given the word when it was time to begin the assassination  on the airwaves.

But Heath and his team refuse to play.

What a conundrum for the huggers, who are down to citing attendance figures to justify their man's job. They can't cite his overall record.

How uncomfortable it must be to support a man like HDN.