Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is what Sports Illustrated and ESPN are saying about Heath................

Started by redbarn, March 09, 2007, 06:38:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hillhog

If they run Heath off now, I would encourage any and every kind of lawsuit, investigation, boycott, etc.

hview

Call me stupid, but I think they make it to the CG, beat Florida and advance to the sweet 16. Not sure what I am on!

mcb

I think we all wish to see us win all the time in fb & bb. And if the right hires would have been made we would .But like a lot of schools that have had winning  programs it is hard to find the right coach to fit the times. How has UF done it in the last few years?   Thy seem to be able to get the right coach at the right time. FB was Run oriented and we have stayed that way for years so was OU ,Neb, Penn state,Ohio, Alabama, Texas,and Michigan just to name a few. So why haven't we been able to be the national power we were under FB. For one thing we had  Great D not Good. We had a Great kicking games. And we had people who new how to read D and call the right play at the right time. FB had some great coach working with him thur the years and that is one thing  that we have not had in a long time and I mean in a longgg time. Those type of coach don't come a long very often and when thy do will we be lucky a nuff to get them to come to the UA? In BB & FB. First we have to pay the price to get them to come to the UA, Pay them the wage that the top schools are paying and be prepared to to pay more for tickest in BB and FB. And pay not only the HC good money but all the coach good money to. We have the best sports fatalities in the country now it is time to start paying the big time money. Wining pays for its self. Go Hogs Win the SECT

Albert Einswine

Quote from: M6 on March 09, 2007, 10:22:38 pm
Rsvlhog. I don't understand is that pro or con stan. Oh and by the way your tag line. The wildcat was used by florida before Gus showed up. It's history goes way back. Calling the play is not a stroke of genius for anyone. The wildcat was successful because of Darren McFadden. No Gus did not invent the wildcat. He called the play as did Urban Meyer and a lot of others. In fact with a running quarterback like Mike Vick you run it nearly every down. Matt Jones ran the wildcat a lot. The only difference was he was a QB before he was a RB. Al Gore wrote all the major bills to fund the military arpanet. He was riducled at times in congress for putting all the time and effort into it. He pushed and pushed and pushed The arpanet until it was rolled out. Then he funded it over and over. The military used it for years. Colleges were allowed to use it. They continued the growth and it became the internet. Invented may not be the right word. But he was a primary reason the internet came to be. Sorry to divert to this tangent but your tagline is assuming something that is not so.

Funny there's no mention of Al Gore anywhere in here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET

However,  in the 26 to 27 year interval between the conception of ARPANET and introduction of the "Gore Bill" we're to believe Gore was pulling all the strings making it happen?  I think that's a bit of a stretch. 

Gore was first elected to the House in '76 and ARPANET had already been up and running for 7 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore#Political_career_.281976-2000.29
"In the late 1980s, Gore introduced the Gore Bill, which was later passed as the High Performance Computing and Communication Act of 1991. The bill was one of the most important pieces of legislation directly affecting the expansion of the internet."

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

beachhawg

Guys, think about this.  We HAVE NOT done anything in Stan's tenure.  Getting to the dance means one of two things.  You are one of the best 65 teams in the country or you had a successful run in the conference tourny.  Nothing else.  Just getting to the tourny means nothing in success of a major program.  20 wins is a BARE MINIMUM to make the dance.  Is THE BARE MINIMUM acceptable?  I think not.  Those that are happy with our BBall and FBall programs, do you accept mediocrity.  This is what it is, MEDIOCRITY.  I for one want to strive higher and higher to become the best at whatever it is we do.  No more minimums, no more free passes.  We should make all those in the position of authority down to the waterboy acceptable and accountable for their actions.  Then and only then will we be a force to be dealt with.  We have been there before, why did we let it slip away?

NuttinItUp

Temprees

Quote from: Rsvlhog on March 09, 2007, 09:48:24 pm
Quote from: nutted on March 09, 2007, 09:36:57 pm
So if the UA has the chance to land a Bill Self it should take it but pass on the lock to get Butch Davis after the 05 season.

If that's not Arkansas'ish I don't know what is.

This is true. Sad but true. There is a double standard up there. Also where are all the people who argue to not boycott football games because of the players. Evidently it is OK if it's the basketball team judging by the attendance as of late. This is proof that attendance matters as Heath has taken the heat and Nutt continues on because of people scared to lose their seniority on the ticket seating chart.
You are so correct.

pigmania

Quote from: polandhog on March 09, 2007, 06:43:54 pm
Quote from: football17 on March 09, 2007, 06:43:12 pm
20 games means nothing. Geeze. They're on a 4-game winning streak. Big whoopity do.

Lose tomorrow and Heath is gone and no NCAA Tournament. Heck, I think he may be gone regardless what happens.

Some of you are going overboard.

you're insane.  he's coming back.
If winning the last 4 games means he is coming back, then every person in power on the Hill has a case of short term memory loss. It amazes me that a major university would allow a 4 game winning streak to cause them to forget the 3 game conference losing streak in early to mid January and the sub 500 regular season conference record. I'm proud of these guys playing hard to save their coach's job. This has really motivated them. But tell me what's going to motivate them to win consistently next year, if Stan comes back and his job is once again safe?

LilRounDevil

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on March 09, 2007, 06:48:17 pm
Quote from: redbarn on March 09, 2007, 06:38:32 pm
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/men/recaps/2007/03/09/43242_recap.html

"Arkansas officials already are preparing a $900,000 contract buyout for Heath if the Razorbacks do not receive an NCAA bid, The Mobile Press Register reported Friday. Heath's contract runs through 2011.

According to the paper, Arkansas would decline an invitation to the NIT and immediately launch its search for a new coach."

FWIW Schaeffer said today that Arkansas would accept an NIT bid if it doesn't make the Big Dance.

Yeah, but he just spews the official line. What does he know.

polandhog

Quote from: pigmania on March 10, 2007, 11:23:30 am
20 games means nothing. Geeze. They're on a 4-game winning streak. Big whoopity do.

Lose tomorrow and Heath is gone and no NCAA Tournament. Heck, I think he may be gone regardless what happens.

If winning the last 4 games means he is coming back, then every person in power on the Hill has a case of short term memory loss. It amazes me that a major university would allow a 4 game winning streak to cause them to forget the 3 game conference losing streak in early to mid January and the sub 500 regular season conference record. I'm proud of these guys playing hard to save their coach's job. This has really motivated them. But tell me what's going to motivate them to win consistently next year, if Stan comes back and his job is once again safe?

Ronnie Brewer (NBA)
Pookie
Eric

75% of team poitns

GONE!

replaced by....

Ervin (sat out a year)
Bev (frosh)
Washington (frosh)
Thomas (30? lbs smaller)
Welsh (frosh)
McCurdy (zero confidence as pg after lsu ft misses)

To have a .500 sec record (which we do, we are 9-9) losing that and replacing with kids that NEED TO LEARN TO PLAY AS A TEAM in the conference that sent 2 final four teams, the nat'l champ, the nit champ, and 6 teams to the dance last year and will probably send another NEW team in vandy to the dance this year, is ASTOUNDING!

pigmania

Quote from: polandhog on March 10, 2007, 11:30:34 am
Quote from: pigmania on March 10, 2007, 11:23:30 am

Ronnie Brewer (NBA)
Pookie
Eric

75% of team poitns

GONE!

replaced by....

Ervin (sat out a year)
Bev (frosh)
Washington (frosh)
Thomas (30? lbs smaller)
Welsh (frosh)
McCurdy (zero confidence as pg after lsu ft misses)

To have a .500 sec record (which we do, we are 9-9) losing that and replacing with kids that NEED TO LEARN TO PLAY AS A TEAM in the conference that sent 2 final four teams, the nat'l champ, the nit champ, and 6 teams to the dance last year and will probably send another NEW team in vandy to the dance this year, is ASTOUNDING!

When I said sub 500 conference record, I clearly stated regular season. Tournament wins/loses do not count in the SEC regular season record. Look at the official record on hogwired.com, it has us at 7-9 conference record. The question still remains, What is going to motivate this team next year if Heath returns? It is apparent that they only play their best when the heat is on. Next year when the heat is off, will we have a repeat of this years poor conference performance?

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on March 09, 2007, 06:51:11 pm
If they fire Stan now and keep Nutt, I am freaking finsihed with Razorback football and basketball. No point in firing him now. these are his kids, let him coach them. He's won 20 back to back and loaded for an elite 8 or Final 4 next year. He should have that opportunity.
No offense here, but we won't miss you when you are gone.

Siems56

It would be a mistake to fire Heath right now.  Because of back to back 20 win seasons?  No.  Because it would look bad as far as double standards go between him and HDN?  No.  Simply put, the team is playing for him now.  They are gelling and everyone is playing together.  Ever since Heath has been really under the gun, the team has responded and played harder than they have all year.  These kids love this coach, and are finally playing hard, which is something they haven't done all year.  Part of that is the young guard play, but another part of that is learning how to play together.  The players have turned it up a notch for Heath.  And what is more amazing is that Townes is finally playing hard, something he has not done in 3 years with the team.  We are finally rolling because the TEAM is playing together for their coach.  It would be a tragedy to fire him and bring in a coach that changes things up with everyone of significance coming back.

James K. Pork

I think there was a tournament within a tournament here.  There is the tournament for the SEC Championship and then there is the tournament amongst SEC-West programs to see who will get the one slot to the NCAA.

The SEC will send 5 programs to the tournament.  SEC-East teams have four of those slots taken.  The last spot looks like it belongs to Arkansas as the last SEC-West team standing (Ole Miss is not coming back from this deficit.).

Great moment for Stan Heath.  Great moment for all of us.  He represents Arkansas with complete class.  If he has learned a bit about how to get the best out of his players over the course of this season, then I think Arkansas will have a complete package in a head coach just as we have in baseball with DVH and in track with JM.