Started by polandhog, March 08, 2007, 04:34:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

polandhog

I'll fill in for Hogtropolis on this game

Arkansas is 19-12
Vanderbilt is 19-10

thoughts?

Bomis Hawg

Vandy, with the day off, is playing in the dome for the first time.
Arkansas has one game under the belt.

Right now... 

I'll go Arkansas 82, Vanderbilt 77.

litmachog

I think the Hogs can take them.  The inside game is working well.  (That is what Vandy struggled with)  We now have Hill, Townes, and Thomas playing well and Washington has picked up the game  He could be the difference.

We actually had a game where we controled the ball and didn't turn it over.  I think the back court is starting to work well.  It is in the big dome and it always seems to take the 3 point shoots time to adjust.  We have had our first game and Vandy hasn't.

Because of all this I say,

Hogs 72
Vandy 61

I just hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment, again!!

jwhite_13

I'm gonna say 79-70, Arkansas! We need to keep up that second half shooting! Go HOGS

polandhog

pigfeet

Ouachihog

Hogs - 79
Vandy - 74

Don't think vandy will shoot 31% again.  Hopefully we will still play well enough to beat them.  Needless to say, biggest game of the Stan Heath era other than the NCAAT game last year. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

HamShank

Hogs - 219
Vandy - 0

In the final second, Patrick Beverly will jump the backboard flatfooted while farting the "Star Spangled Banner" and nursing a Darfur orphan.

(I'll believe anything after today.)

hawaiianhogster

We know the hogs are good enough to win out. The question is will they show up full speed and not look back or half speed and call it quits?

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: HamShank on March 08, 2007, 04:41:54 pm
Hogs - 219
Vandy - 0

In the final second, Patrick Beverly will jump the backboard flatfooted while farting the "Star Spangled Banner" and nursing a Darfur orphan.

Beverley and Weems in 2008 for President!

hoginsanfran

Hogs  21
Dores 19

Vandy's Hahnfeldt blows a 44-yard kick on 4th and 3 after Nutt calls timeout and gets a gust of wind thanks to his "special" clock management skills.

HamShank

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 08, 2007, 04:43:03 pm
Quote from: HamShank on March 08, 2007, 04:41:54 pm
Hogs - 219
Vandy - 0

Beverley and Weems in 2008 for President!

Independent ticket.  They get my vote.

PigWig

I think Hogs keep rolling.

Arkansas- 76
Vanderbilt- 59

OnYourToes

Higher scoring game favors Hogs.
I didn't get to see the first time they played so I'll say. . .

:razorback: - 75

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

HogSkinsDisease

stan the man

Hill and Townes playing well but certainly not Thomas.  He has become a non factor lately.  Can't remember when he played a good game.

bigyellowdog

weevilhogg

I thought we'd lose to MSU.  I thought we'd lose to Vandy.  I wasn't sure about SC.

Therefore, I think we'll get thrashed by Vandy :)
Oh my!

slopinhogs

game is on tomorrow at the same time as todays game was. i think we can take Vandy, but we will have to play a good game ,and rebound a little better than today.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

ceegar

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

moncrieffan

HOGS are on a roll.

ARKANSAS  74
vandy         62

GO HOGS!

hogfan064

If we win we'll be playing Sunday.  Unfortunately Heath is the most inconsistant coach I've seen and is impossible to predict. 

Razorback88

Hogs win 86-53......in OT.  After today, nothing would surprise me.

Seriously though.....4 turnovers??

jtgreer

Porkem

We will beat Vandy.  I promise you that.  Kentucky will beat Miss State and we will beat Kentucky.  We can't beat Florida in the championship game though.  Will we get in the tournament?  Absolutely.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

harmonyhog

Hogs lose in overtime  80-75. Hogs tire at the end.

So long,Stan.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: polandhog on March 08, 2007, 04:34:45 pm
I'll fill in for Hogtropolis on this game

Arkansas is 19-12
Vanderbilt is 19-10

thoughts?

Thanks polandhog.  I'll go with...

Final Score Prediction:
    Arkansas: 84
    Vanderbilt: 72

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

zek

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

pigger10

Blue35

Arkansas 86
Vandy 75

The hogs have momentum and newfound energy.  Where they got it, I don't know. Perhaps a spark from Washington off the bench and improved point guard play. Someone or something pushed their button and it is working. With a win tomorrow they are in the NCAA.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Blue35 on March 08, 2007, 09:30:06 pm
Arkansas 86
Vandy 75

The hogs have momentum and newfound energy.  Where they got it, I don't know. Perhaps a spark from Washington off the bench and improved point guard play. Someone or something pushed their button and it is working. With a win tomorrow they are in the NCAA.
I hope you're right! They sure have been playing as well as we suspected they could all season. Great stuff. I hope they keep it rolling.

Break & Run

Quote from: Blue35 on March 08, 2007, 09:30:06 pm
Arkansas 86
Vandy 75

the movie FACING THE GIANTS is what pushed their button.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Pigskin_Porker

"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

riccoar

Just don't see us beating Vandy twice.  Hope I'm wrong.

Vandy  74
Ark      61

alohawg

Well I picked 66-63 Hogs today so I think....66-63 Hogs over 'dores :razorback:
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

mword

owl

Hogs by 14 :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
OWL says SUPPORT THE HOGS

Hogtropolis™

About six hours till game time, anymore predictions?

Shocktheman

Hogtropolis™

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 09, 2007, 10:54:24 am
Just over 3 more hours till game time.  GO HOGS!

depends how long the UK-MSU game lasts. the next game usually starts 20-30 minutes after the previous game ends.