Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For all you people wanting the hogs to make NCAA....

Started by dmac_iz_kin, March 05, 2007, 06:49:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dmac_iz_kin

Think again. If the PTB have promised SH he can stay if he gets in, and thats all you want to see happen,you are not a logical minded fan. SH has done nothing, and will Never do Anything here but maybe get to the NCAA every 4 or 5 years.  He wins a nice game ever so often against a decent team such as Vandy. What Chuck says about commiting to him longterm if you don't fire him this year is correct. he didn't straddle his recruiting very well and if this thing is not managed properly in the next 1 or 2 recruiting classes we are dead another 4 years.  For the good of the program please let SC beat us and put all my worries to bed.
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

ilovepinebluff

Nothing gets me more excited than seeing my hogs playing in the NCAAT. Sorry dude. I just cant root against them.

gopigsgo

I'm rooting for them to get in for 1 reason and it isn't very popular.

dmac_iz_kin

Your crazy! They will get beat by 15 by another Bucknell, then we might be Stuck with Heath. If I was running things there Heath would have to make final 4 to stay. That team didn't even start playing until word came heath would be fired
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

George S. Pigton

I figure superior coach by Vandy will put us out, just don't see the emotion the boys
played with last week sticking around long enough to pull them out this week as well.

\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

lunchbox72703

sorry, won't root against this team.  Especially now since Chuckles and grit are drooling at the mouths and chomping down with all this buzz over Heath leaving.  I'd like to see it explode in their face Gene Hackman Style!!!!  Measure the floor, boys, its still 96 feet to each basket!!!

porkpistol

Short of a final 4 appearance he should be gone. If by chance they do make the tournament and White, Broyles whoever makes the decision to keep him for "one more year" then it just confirms the total lack leadership and vision the AD has for this program.

This is a business and it has to be thought as such. His total record is what is in question and ultimately what he should be judged on. He has not met the expectations of this great program and we should move on and expect better.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

rcowen

tannerspapa

those of us wanting the hogs to make the NCAAT are what most people would call FANS. People who root against their team are putting their own personal agenda ahead of the team.

Stan has improved every year over the prior year until now and if they can win an NCAAT game then that is further progress.  This is not a situation like the FB team where there is widespread concern over integrity or character.

everybody is entitled to an opinion but yours make me  :puke:

MDH

There is no way I won't root for them to get in the dance and I do think we need a new coach, but if the kids can get in there I'm behind them all the way.

Edit: that was one awful piece of grammar.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

darth sooie

First off, your going under the assumption stan won't get it done next year. The team loses nobody this year + gains 2 newcomers so  next year's team could be very good, should make the NCAA easy. Also, there are 6 open scholarships and i don't mind having stan sign 6 players next fall, it is what he is best at. The real ? is if stan is the man to take the hogs to a final four level? and the answer to that won't be known untill next season plays out.

upperdeck_hawg

i'm not rooting against them, but i do want heath gone. we've been sucking for way too long in basketball.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

dmac_iz_kin

Quote from: tannerspapa on March 05, 2007, 07:37:06 pm
those of us wanting the hogs to make the NCAAT are what most people would call FANS. People who root against their team are putting their own personal agenda ahead of the team.

Stan has improved every year over the prior year until now and if they can win an NCAAT game then that is further progress.  This is not a situation like the FB team where there is widespread concern over integrity or character.

This is a well articulated statement but i have to disagree. Sometimes for the good of the programs long term success youhave to wish for immediate failure. we are in the verge of firing a bad coach, please let that happen.  This man is not a leader and theres several highschool coaches in this state that i'd bet are better than Heath.

Also, as far as nutt goes. No one would be questioning his integrity had he won 2 of the last 3 games. your upset that he lost 3 games in a row to end the season now you want to find any excuse to oust him. for the record I think he's a terrible coach too but all this melodramatic "Nutt lies ,nutt vs the S5 nut vs malzhan" is getting silly

M6

Your assuming something that just isn't true. Stan accepted this job and stop the downward spiral. He got talent back on the floor and has progressed each year. We had no basketball TEAM when Stan came. Remember? National headlines. Racial Discrimination trials. He guided this program throught some of the roughest seas that ANY coach has seen. You give him no credit for that? My gosh what planet are you on. He has done what he was asked until now. Comparing the last 4 or 5 years to the future is hogwash. He took his first head coach job, turned this team around. He's quietly lived through the Nolan aftermath. He got us in the tournament last year. At the beginning of the year all we wanted was to return and win a game or two. The results are not in. This is his test. These are his guys and system. He deserves far more. You should be ashamed rooting for him to lose. A guy comes into the mess we had and turns the program around and you root for him to lose. I agree with some of your thoughts. But you've given up hope. You folded your tent. You want him gone and he hasn't lost yet. I sure wouldn't want you as my coach or on my team. Just my opinion not trying to slam you.  

lunchbox72703

March 05, 2007, 08:06:06 pm #15 Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 08:08:09 pm by lunchbox72703
Quote from: dmac_iz_kin on March 05, 2007, 06:49:56 pm
Think again. If the PTB have promised SH he can stay if he gets in, and thats all you want to see happen,you are not a logical minded fan. SH has done nothing, and will Never do Anything here but maybe get to the NCAA every 4 or 5 years.  He wins a nice game ever so often against a decent team such as Vandy. What Chuck says about commiting to him longterm if you don't fire him this year is correct. he didn't straddle his recruiting very well and if this thing is not managed properly in the next 1 or 2 recruiting classes we are dead another 4 years.  For the good of the program please let SC beat us and put all my worries to bed.

quick question?  aren't logic and passion essentially opposites of each other?  Can a man be "logical" and "passionate" about the same thing?  Afterall, one involes intellect, the other emotion.  These two human responses live far apart from each other. 

Now, passion and intellect do seem to switch on and off in a rotation, and one person can be both, but just not at the same time.  So, if you are wishing for a quick exit so to ensure a possible brighter future for the hogs, then I have to say yes....you are a logical man at the current moment.  If you still are wishing for South Carolina to beat us while watching the game, the yes, you are logical person at that time.  But then, there's the problem.  Intellectually you may be wanting what you believe is the right thing, but at that exact moment, you are not passionate.  But, let's say beverly hits a three and you pump your fist in joy, then you are passionate at that point, And the intellect has gone out the door until you let it back in, pushing your logical assumption for the betterment of the program back to its rightful place....wanting a loss. 

I dunno, seems like a hell of a wasted afternoon for me.  I think i'll just leave my brain at the door for 2 hours and enjoy the razorbacks.....win or lose, but passionately rooting them on!!!

tannerspapa

Quote from: dmac_iz_kin on March 05, 2007, 07:53:17 pm
Quote from: tannerspapa on March 05, 2007, 07:37:06 pm

This is a well articulated statement but i have to disagree. Sometimes for the good of the programs long term success youhave to wish for immediate failure. we are in the verge of firing a bad coach, please let that happen.  This man is not a leader and theres several highschool coaches in this state that i'd bet are better than Heath.

Also, as far as nutt goes. No one would be questioning his integrity had he won 2 of the last 3 games. your upset that he lost 3 games in a row to end the season now you want to find any excuse to oust him. for the record I think he's a terrible coach too but all this melodramatic "Nutt lies ,nutt vs the S5 nut vs malzhan" is getting silly

You made an incorrect assumption about my opinion of Nutts future. I was only trying to say that at least i can see some of those peoples point of view and if the "stuff" is true then termination is not altogether unreasonable.

As far as SH goes, we do disagree. I do not think he is a bad coach. His players have shown improvement for the most part every year under him. He is improving as a coach and he is a very good recruiter. WELSH, Beverley, and Washington are excelllent cases in point. I did not think we should have gone after and up and comer but with Nolan's buyout and lawsuit it was a financially motivated decision.

We further disagree on wishing for shortterm failure for the LONGTERM good of the program. I as a HOGFAN believe wholeheartedly that my duty is to ROOT for my TEAM. The best thing for the program would be for us to win a first round NCAA game and for Stan to get a little better as a coach and the team to improve over the summer and be an ELITE 8 or better team next year. At that point the goal should be at least a FF appearance every five years. And Heath wil get better you can book that, maybe not here, but he WILL continue to improve and he may even be a very good caoch in the not too far future.

hoginsanfran

Quote from: dmac_iz_kin on March 05, 2007, 07:06:46 pm
If I was running things there our sports program will be on par with Hendrix

fixed that for ya!!!!!!!!!!

chrisbracadabra

Some of you guys who call yourself a Razorback "Fan" make me sick. Rooting for YOUR team to lose? Give me a break. Good Point M6, +1.

towneofbeverlyhills

ur not a dumbass but this is a dumbass thing to say and wish upon out program....

turkey bacon out

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: towneofbeverlyhills on March 05, 2007, 08:25:41 pm
ur not a dumbass but this is a dumbass thing to say and wish upon out program....

turkey bacon out

nice originality.

Bacon out...

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on March 05, 2007, 08:32:00 pm

turkey bacon out

nice originality.

Bacon out...

Have you ever accidently forgot to type "Bacon out..." before?

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on March 05, 2007, 08:34:43 pm

turkey bacon out

nice originality.

Bacon out...

It's almost automatic.  Problem is when I send it to people in my business emails.

;)

Bacon out...

towneofbeverlyhills

whatsshakinbacon

NuttinItUp

I just can't justify rooting against the Hogs, no matter what.

whatsshakinbacon

dmac - it is very possible to want change but hold that subserviant to our greater desire...to win.  Stan leaving is only the proverbial silver lining to a dark cloud that our season and non-invite to the NCAAT would be.

And I find it bittersweet to want a coach gone who I think highly of, but Stan is not getting the job done and it is mutually beneficial for us to part ways.  I suspect in 10 years he'll be leading some Big 10 team to the big dance and possibly doing well.  I just don't want to take 10 years for him to learn his way here.

Bacon out...

brooks74

I can't root against the hogs no matter how bad I want to sometimes.  But, I just don't see anyway we win 4 games in 4 days, especially when we are going to end up playing Vandy and Florida in two of those.

Thermonuclearpig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 05, 2007, 08:42:45 pm
I just can't justify rooting against the Hogs, no matter what.
Ditto
I'd rather lose as a razorback, than win as anything else.

alaback

Quote from: M6 on March 05, 2007, 08:00:22 pm
Your assuming something that just isn't true. Stan accepted this job and stop the downward spiral. He got talent back on the floor and has progressed each year. We had no basketball TEAM when Stan came. Remember? National headlines. Racial Discrimination trials. He guided this program throught some of the roughest seas that ANY coach has seen. You give him no credit for that? My gosh what planet are you on. He has done what he was asked until now. Comparing the last 4 or 5 years to the future is hogwash. He took his first head coach job, turned this team around. He's quietly lived through the Nolan aftermath. He got us in the tournament last year. At the beginning of the year all we wanted was to return and win a game or two. The results are not in. This is his test. These are his guys and system. He deserves far more. You should be ashamed rooting for him to lose. A guy comes into the mess we had and turns the program around and you root for him to lose. I agree with some of your thoughts. But you've given up hope. You folded your tent. You want him gone and he hasn't lost yet. I sure wouldn't want you as my coach or on my team. Just my opinion not trying to slam you.  

Well said M6.  This thread is absurd.  A true hog fan would never root against the team under any circumstances.  For those of you who think this is really Stan's 5th year have a very short memory and do not appreciate the circumstances under which he took the job.  Granted, he has appeared kind of lost at times and discipline sometimes appears to be lacking, but I have only seen one team under Heath quit and that was the 2005 team.

Some forget that the Hogs had every opportunity to quit last year after some devastating losses.  They started the conference 0-2, lost an overtime heartbreaker to Alabama, another tough loss at UK, a rip your heart out loss at LSU, and what seemed to be the nail in the coffin at Ole Miss.  They had every chance to lay down and didn't.  Well, how did they respond?

They took what appeared to be a sure UF win away from them in front of a sparse crowd at the Bud due to a blizzard.  Came back from way down to take a thriller from Bama in the closing moments, and came from double digits down in the last 10 minutes at top 10 UT in Knoxville.  They lost by 3 to the champs in the SEC tourney and just didn't appear ready against a veteran tourney tested Bucknell team.  It happens, just ask Bill Self how it happens.  It happened to him 2 years in a row.

We were ready to bury Stan and his boys again this year, but they once again are showing they are not quitters.  I have no idea what will happen in the tourney, but one thing Stan has shown is that his teams will not throw in the towel. 

Let's let this week play out before the final verdict is delivered.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Dugann

1. I do think we need a change at coach
2. I do like Stan, and I wished he'd had more success while he was/is here.
3. There is nothing at all bad or negative I can say about the man he is a class act
4. I think he's a GREAT assistant coach and a super recruiter.
5. I hope like hell the hogs and Stan get into the NCAA tourney
6. I hope they go all the way if they do, (won't happen but u get what I mean)
7. If they do get in, it still dose not change my mind that I like to see a new coach.
8. I WILL not or never even if HDN is the football coach for 25 more year root againest the Hogs.

This is just way I feel about it, and way I see it.  I am a hog fan even if I maybe a docksider or what ever you want to call me, but I still will not wish or root againest the hogs too much lub and pride for that.  After all the players not the coach deserves that 100% and more.   Go hogs.  :razorback:
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

mountainhog

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on March 05, 2007, 08:35:28 pm
Quote from: ilovepinebluff on March 05, 2007, 08:34:43 pm

turkey bacon out

nice originality.

Bacon out...

It's almost automatic.  Problem is when I send it to people in my business emails.

;)

Bacon out...

I bet those business aqaintances are saying ,  what the hell!!

inhognation

Can't root against the hogs just so we can fire a coach!!!

wawa111

GO HOGS GO...I don't care who the coach is I want them to make the tourney and Heath to keep the job...He is a good man that builds Character, has had hardly no off the court trouble, I mean what do we want?

OH YEAH AND TRUE HOG FAN WOULD WAN THEM TO WIN REGUARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES...

GO HOGS

gopigsgo

They haven't shown me enough Sack to fire a coach yet,deserving or undeserving. I'll take the wait-n-see on this one. Too much politics for me. I started a thread weeks ago about when we were going back to hiring coaches for just that, being a good coach. Hadn't seen it in any sport except baseball since Richardson. I mean Nutt was 4-7 and certainly unproven, Heath was unproven but a good assistant. Maybe both weren't ready for the SEC.

wawa111

I'm not sure but I think Heath took Kent State to the "Sweet 16"...hmmmmm...i think he proved he can coach..

dmac_iz_kin

I just want another leader, such as Eddie sutton type or Nolan Richardson. One quote SH had this year I thought was interesting was "I told them this___ . **I'm not sure if they were listening** ..."yadda yadda. I just don't see leadership qualities. I don't see a guy that can make on the fly x&o adjustments. I dont see a guy that can teach his kids how to break a press.  I don't see a guy that shows hardly any emotion about anything.  I don't see a guy that can coach his guys to stop throwing the ball away. If this man is retained we might do a little better next year with all those seniors coming back, and we might even win an NCAA game for once in several years, But this man will never get us to a final 4 you can forget it. We will always underacheive with him and he is no longer useful to this program.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: wawa111 on March 05, 2007, 09:11:08 pm
I'm not sure but I think Heath took Kent State to the "Sweet 16"...hmmmmm...i think he proved he can coach..

I'm going to take issue with this.  One year at a program doesn't prove much.  Many times first year coaches install a hybrid system leaning heavily on what the kids they inherited already know.  Over time they migrate more towards their system and only after several years of recruiting and teaching do you really see what a coach is made of.

I, for one, don't ever want to see Arkansas hire a coach without some long-term track record on their resume.

Bacon out...

Squealsonwheels

Quote from: dmac_iz_kin on March 05, 2007, 06:49:56 pm
I have as much of a dark side as the fresh prince of bel air but I still cant root against my hogs

HairyHog

I Would NEVER root against the Hogs.... No Matter what!!!  Even if it meant that you would be our new coach.

HawgG

Anybody and I mean anybody that roots against that team is not a fan of that team.

I had to catch myself with the FB Hogs last season as I almost enjoyed watching them lose to LSU, Florida, and Wisconsin.I am not a Nutt fan but if the Hogs are winning with him there then so be it.

People don't have to be a fan of Stan, hell I got issues with the way he has recruited and I don't like Hipsher's offense, but I want the Hogs BB team to win as many games as they can.

I'm not a fool that thinks hiring another Coach  means striking Gold next season.Anybody that is not blinded with rage can see that it is best Stan stick around a little longer.

I am not the AD or the decision makers about UA athletics or would want to be.All I can say is if Stan's team wins 20 games and is fired then the UA and we fans better not cry over the National Ass Kicking that will be coming our way.