Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Alabama
22 (12.9%)
Kentucky
148 (87.1%)

Total Members Voted: 159

polandhog

wow... Kentucky ends the 1st half on a 24-6 run.. Bama implodes!

KENT 35
BAMA 27

Half!

WILL CLINTON

Bama shooting 46% in the first half, and Kentucky shooting 47%.

Burning up the nets. 

Quote from: Tomcat on March 08, 2007, 12:48:43 pm
Thanks to Yahoo, I can watch this while I 'work'....

You better hope David Miller doesn't see the spike in internet usage.  HAHA
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

RunDMCforHeisman

polandhog

that was quick...  18m left

KENT  37
BAMA 33

RunDMCforHeisman

poland hog since you so valiantly started this thread, would you so kindly post what channel this is on.  It would be much obliged.

polandhog

RunDMC, i don't know... i would guess the ABC affiliate in NWA?  surely it's on.  if not, watch it online by going to the main monday morning quarterback page and scrolling to the ***VIDEO LINK*** page up top.

im not in fayetteville so i cant tell you who the LFS affiliate is.

rest assured, though, it's either on ABC or CBS (*NOT* nbc)

or even try those secondary wgns for daytime games.

its on, believe me.

polandhog

RunDMCforHeisman

Quote from: polandhog on March 08, 2007, 01:16:51 pm
RunDMC, i don't know... i would guess the ABC affiliate in NWA?  surely it's on.  if not, watch it online by going to the main monday morning quarterback page and scrolling to the ***VIDEO LINK*** page up top.

im not in fayetteville so i cant tell you who the LFS affiliate is.

rest assured, though, it's either on ABC or CBS (*NOT* nbc)

or even try those secondary wgns for daytime games.

its on, believe me.

Very much appreciated

lightsout

polandhog

10 min left

Bama had cut it to 5, 52-47, but Bradley scored 5 straight (the guy who torched us), and Kentucky is up 57-47 with 10 Min left... timeout.

polandhog

LJHOG

bama on the edge of elimination ....... KY up 12

polandhog

zebra

polandhog

Bama's hendrix already with 16 pts
Kentucky's bradley has 17 pts

polandhog

Alabama: Worst 20 win Major conference team ever?

4 Blowouts by 20+ points?
like 7 times  lost by 10+ points?
one of espn's preseason Final Four Locks?

jbcarol

Quote from: opineonswine on March 08, 2007, 01:41:54 pm
Assuming KY wins, I think Bama's bubble is burst.  A given?

Yes.  The Committee will take the late injuries into account.  That will nullify what I have called the "Davidson sympathy factor" for the tough series of events the young man has had to endure.  I hope he as strong family and other support.  It is tough to "man up" and go that alone.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

polandhog

Wow... Bama losing by 16 pts, 71-55, 5:00 left

from what, peaking at #5, to not making the tourney?

i think LSu was a #5 at one time as well....

can't feel sorry for bama, i do feel sorry for davidson, but that guy will sign a $10M contract first thing out of bama, and will make a nice career in the NBA.

jbcarol

Quote from: polandhog on March 08, 2007, 01:42:02 pm
Alabama: Worst 20 win Major conference team ever?

4 Blowouts by 20+ points?
like 7 times  lost by 10+ points?
one of espn's preseason Final Four Locks?

Rated so highly early on, 'Bama got some terrible breaks during the season (Steele injury, Davidson loses brother and girlfriend).

Kentucky, if they choose, gets a chance to rest some starters for tomorrow with 18-point lead and 4:07 to go.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

LJHOG

New topic.  The 'cuse up on ND early.  Need the 'cuse to lose.

polandhog

anyone know where i can listen to the hogs pregame on the radio (on the net) for free?

Bomis Hawg

Bama just looks about as flat and not nearly as good as they were earlier in the season.
They beat LSU and lost in OT to UT.  Otherwise, they stunk up the road.

They won the tournament in the Virgin Islands, beat Xavier and Iowa there.
I think their margin of loss in a lot of games would be in the discussion when they talk about Bama.
4 20+ losses & LSU being your significant road win is not good.

Arkansas has one bad loss in league play (24 to MSU).  22 to Mizzou in the pre-conference slate.  15 to Tech.

jhudson84

Kentucky leads by 13 lead with 2 1/2 to go

jbcarol

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 08, 2007, 01:52:43 pm
Bama just looks about as flat and not nearly as good as they were earlier in the season.

I think their margin of loss in a lot of games would be in the discussion when they talk about Bama.

Arkansas has one bad loss in league play (24 to MSU).  22 to Mizzou in the pre-conference slate.  15 to Tech.

It was no way b/4 the Vandy game and you guys are starting to show some hope now.  That's the way to be.

zebra

jbcarol

jhudson84

Kentucky wins 79-67 advances to face MISS St.

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: jbcarol on March 08, 2007, 01:54:49 pm
It was no way b/4 the Vandy game and you guys are starting to show some hope now.  That's the way to be.

I've maintained some optimsm.  I still have my reservations, though, until Arkansas gets a couple of wins. 

My opinion of this bid process changes too much.  This is going to be a great NCAAT, regardless if Arkansas is in it.  Plenty of good teams and lower-seeds that could do well. 

Hogtropolis™

Hogtropolis™

Is it now safe to say that Bama won't be in the NCAAT?

polandhog

yep... ironically now our rpi is 50 and bamas is 49... course we can move up with any win.

go hogs!

jbcarol

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 08, 2007, 02:11:42 pm

Rated so highly early on, 'Bama got some terrible breaks during the season (Steele injury, Davidson loses brother and girlfriend).

The Committee will take the injuries into account and 'Bama should not get an NCAA bid.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on March 08, 2007, 05:41:38 pm
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 08, 2007, 02:11:42 pm

The Committee will take the injuries into account and 'Bama should not get an NCAA bid.

I am only glad that Thomas' injury was not a factor in the Committee decision on the last teams.  Who ever from U of A who gave the report to the press, did a good job, regardless of what his real condition is.  Now get well Charles!!!

KY had a trainer named "Fast Eddie" during the Pitino era with a carryover year for Tubby.  Jeff Sheppard severely injured his ankle in the SEC Semifinal.  Looked like a grapefruit.  "Fast Eddie" got him functioning in the final game and I think he was tournament MVP.

Whereever "Fast Eddie" Gimel is, find him, and pay what it takes to get him to Fayetteville.  (As long as his methods are legal of course :) )

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on March 08, 2007, 01:54:49 pm
Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 08, 2007, 01:52:43 pm

Way to support our team, Hogville.