Who wins?

Alabama
22 (12.9%)
Kentucky
148 (87.1%)

Total Members Voted: 159

polandhog

March 04, 2007, 07:29:05 pm Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 12:35:58 pm by polandhog
not much going on tonight, sorry for the clutter... whaddaya think?

game at 1:00 eastern

vs

Bomis Hawg

I don't think Alabama has the momentum, or confidence, to win this game.  I accidentally voted for Bama, though.

For those wanting to be the SEC#4, I am glad the Hogs got the 3 seed.  Because, likely Bama will get beat by Kentucky.  That's one and done, which won't cut it for the NCAAT.  Advantage Arkansas.  Huge difference in SOS, which Arkansas is inside the top 12 while Bama is pushing 50. 

This might be an ugly game.  60-48 type score.  Could be higher, though, if both teams show up.

94 Hawg

'bama thought they got thumped today, the cats will maw them early & often
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

HawgG

I know Kentucky is glad to see Bama on Thursday.The Wildcats will win by 20 points and get to rest their key guys halfway through the 2nd half.They will be fresh for Friday's game against MSU and Kentucky will need to be.The Bulldogs have alot of talent and it has clicked in at the right time for them.

hoginsanfran

I think Kentucky wins, by sheer force of tubby will not go down kicking and screaming to gottfried!   

Bama becomes latest bcs school to miss the NCAAs with 20 wins!

Bomis Hawg

Since the BCS is associated with football, not sure if that reference would float over to hoops.
But, whatever refernce people want to use. ;D

I don't think 20 wins is the magic mark, though.  Not always.
Clemson at 36.  Bama at 42.  Florida State at 45.  And, Arkansas at 51.  Top teams in the RPI with losing conference records. 

BC, Va. Tech, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Florida State, and Arkansas are the only teams in the top 51 in the RPI without 20 wins.  That's not good.

hoginsanfran

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 04, 2007, 08:15:40 pm
Since the BCS is associated with football, not sure if that reference would float over to hoops.
But, whatever refernce people want to use. ;D

I don't think 20 wins is the magic mark, though.  Not always.
Clemson at 36.  Bama at 42.  Florida State at 45.  And, Arkansas at 51.  Top teams in the RPI with losing conference records. 

BC, Va. Tech, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Florida State, and Arkansas are the only teams in the top 51 in the RPI without 20 wins.  That's not good.

yep... having 19 at this point would be extra nice, but i guess we have to root for all bubble teams to tank, and root for no upsets in the acc/beast/b12, etc....    i think both virginia schools will not perform well in the tourney, something about their style of play lately.

Dugann

love seeing them as a 5th seed but don't count them out winning at least one.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Fayetnam

KY never plays on the first day! I am sure it's a shocker to them. They either win 1st or 2nd in the west and have the first day bye! Looks like Tubby will be available sooner rather than later!!!!

Pigskin_Porker

Kentucky has the better talent and should play well for their coach who's on a very hot seat. . .
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

polandhog

While bama should have all the motivation (i doubt they are in if they lose, embarrassed too many times in losses), kentucky will play harder, maybe for tubby, maybe for "catlanta" fans.... anyway, hogville agrees so far, a full 86%

PigWig

Kentucky is nearly unstoppable in Atlanta. I'm glad that we do not have to play them the first day.

zebra

How mad would the KY faithful be at Tubby, if they lost the first game on the first day??  WOW!

hogfursty

rcowen

polandhog

Quote from: zebra on March 05, 2007, 10:13:21 am
How mad would the KY faithful be at Tubby, if they lost the first game on the first day??  WOW!

Suffice to say they get in the NCAA because of the NAME, but they go 1 and done and finish as the 'worst' 20 win team EVER... in that scenario, tubby COULD be gone... amazing, the man has a championship and multiple 25 win seasons... just not good enough for KY i guess...

litmachog

Has Kentucky ever played on Thursday of the SEC Tourney before?

Bomis Hawg

This is the first time Kentucky has played on Thursday since the expansion.
1979 was the last time Kentucky had to play 4 games in 4 days.

tigerLSU

Brand X Hog Fan

I picked the Tubbycats but I hope Bama wins. It will help our RPI, won't it?
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Hogtropolis™

polandhog

NO faith in the Tide from Hogville i see... 1 more day!

catfanNar

Kentucky played ole miss last season on the opening thursday, this makes back to back seasons!!!

bigyellowdog

PAHog

East > West.  They've proved it all season.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Conway Cool Daddy

Is Ronald Steele playing? If not this could be ugly from the get go.

If he is playing it will be ugly by halftime.

polandhog

No i think steele is still out due to injury...

polandhog

Go Bama?  That would help our RPI right?

BUT.... we want Bama to be eliminated from the NCAABubble talk, so... Go Kentucky?

Franchise_Hog

I'm not pulling for Kentucky, but rather have them win.  It's always extremely difficult to beat someone 3 times in a row if we have to play Alabama down the road.

Plus, I want the Cats in Atlanta.  We've had them beat twice bad and blew it late.

hoginsanfran

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on March 08, 2007, 07:16:07 am
I'm not pulling for Kentucky, but rather have them win.  It's always extremely difficult to beat someone 3 times in a row if we have to play Alabama down the road.

Plus, I want the Cats in Atlanta.  We've had them beat twice bad and blew it late.

agreed.  stan is due to beat tubby!

PeytonManningSUCKS

KY's probably got the edge, but I'm pulling for the tide.  As long as we don't hire tubby after he gets fired for bowing out first day of the tourney.

Hogtropolis™

1 hour till game time.  Any more votes?

BCShogs

Bama won the regular season meeting with KY, which should boost their confidence. I still think KY wins.

polandhog

45 minutes until the Tourney kicks off... any thoughts?

polandhog

polandhog

KY started hot, but then missed their next EIGHT SHOTS

KENT 2
BAMA 3

16:00 left

hoginsanfran

pretty awful shooting display.....  and these teams are fighting to get in the NCAAs?  5 total points after 4 minutes and 16 possessions?

GOOD GRIEF!

polandhog

10 minutes left first half

ALABAMA 18
KENTUCKY 9

wow...

steele is in for bama

polandhog

March 08, 2007, 12:30:49 pm #40 Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 12:35:26 pm by polandhog
now 21-13 Bama

polandhog

polandhog

just one more :)\

KY up 22-21, takes the lead

Hogtropolis™

RunDMCforHeisman