Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

**OFFICIAL SEC TOURNAMENT BRACKET***

Started by coach, my back hurts, March 04, 2007, 02:56:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coach, my back hurts

March 04, 2007, 02:56:49 pm Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 03:11:00 pm by coach, my back hurts
It appears MSU is going to win, so.....

W5 Bama
                      W1 Miss
E4 Kentucky

E6 SCAR
                      E2 Vandy
W3 ARK

E5 Georgia
                      E1 Florida           
W4 Auburn

W6 LSU
                      W2 MSST
E3 Tenn

If someone has already posted then sorry.  Just hoping this can make it a little clearer is all.

polandhog

March 04, 2007, 02:58:00 pm #1 Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 03:06:46 pm by polandhog
4E-- Kentucky (1EST)
5W--Alabama
                                    1W--MISSISSIPPI ST
--------------------------------------------------
3W--Arkansas (315EST)
6E --S Carolina
                                    2E--VANDERBILT
==========================================================
4W--Auburn (730EST)
5E --Georgia
                                    1E--FLORIDA
3E --Tennessee (945EST)
6W--LSU
                                    2W--OLE MISS

http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=9954

polandhog

I bet no one expected the e4-W5 matchup of Kentucky-Bama when this year started.... the first thursday game- tide and wildcats?

wow...

razorbackfan4life

I like our chances in that bracket!  Hopefully we can pull off 2 wins or more.

HawgAdvocate

Well, we DID finish 3rd in the West, just as so many predicted.  ;)

Time will tell if we win 2 or 3 games in the SEC Tourney and make it to the Big Dance.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

razorbackfan4life

Also playing in that tournament earlier this year will help us with all the games.

polandhog

yeah... everyone had us pegged W3

but NO ONE had LSU W6 and Bama W5...

hogfursty

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on March 04, 2007, 02:56:49 pm
It appears MSU is going to win, so.....

W5 Bama
                      W1 Miss
E4 Kentucky

E6 SCAR
                      E2 Tenn
W3 ARK

E5 Georgia
                      E1 Florida           
W4 Auburn

W6 LSU
                      W2 MSST
E3 Vandy

If someone has already posted then sorry.  Just hoping this can make it a little clearer is all.

Vandy is the 2 seed in the East.

http://www.secsports.com/doc_lib/bkc_2007_bracket.pdf

missippihog

MS state is one seed in west too

dotnet

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 04, 2007, 03:04:17 pm

Time will tell if we win 2 or 3 games in the SEC Tourney and make it to the Big Dance.

Two more wins will NOT get us into the Big Dance.  I'm not even sure that three will.  There is no way that two will though.

coach, my back hurts

My bad on the Vandy/Tenn.  I figured the first thing it went to was head to head.  I guess they went with the team that did best in the division.  Oops!!!!!!

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: dotnet on March 04, 2007, 03:12:03 pm

Two more wins will NOT get us into the Big Dance.  I'm not even sure that three will.  There is no way that two will though.

How will two wins NOT get us in?  We have a good SOS and RPI.  With 20 wins I think there's a possibility.

Bomis Hawg

I'm just glad we're not the late game on Thursday.  That's a hard game to turn around from if you advance to Friday.

killamon

March 04, 2007, 03:14:20 pm #13 Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 03:16:53 pm by killamon
Quote from: razorbackfan4life on March 04, 2007, 03:13:41 pm

How will two wins NOT get us in?  We have a good SOS and RPI.  With 20 wins I think there's a possibility.

no chance we get in with 2 wins.....only way we get in is if we get to finals and win....however, getting into the finals might be enough to get us in (regardless if we win of lose)

HawgAdvocate

Matter of opinion of course..but winning 4 of the last 5, or 5 of the last 6, with 2 being against a ranked team (Vandy), and another against the top team in the west, could get us a 8 or 9 seed.

Just cause Joe Lunardi says it aint so at the moment, doesn't mean it aint gonna happen. Anything is possible at this point.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: killamon on March 04, 2007, 03:14:20 pm
Quote from: razorbackfan4life on March 04, 2007, 03:13:41 pm

no chance we get in with 2 wins.....only way we get in is if we get to finals and win....however, getting into the finals might be enough to get us in (regardless if we win of lose)

HOW IS THERE NO CHANCE?

Bomis Hawg

2 wins would be a massive stretch.
3 wins and we might be in the discussion.
If Arkansas has 3 wins and playing well (even if they aren't winning or don't win), that helps.

The committe will be putting everything to gether by the time the game is wrapping up.  Finals will be over around 3pm.  We'll see what 3 wins will do.  But, I doubt 2 wins will do much for us.

Hollywood_HOGan

if we only get two wins, that would be Ws over Carolina and Vandy. Yeah the two Ws over VU looks good and all but we have a LOT of ground to make up.

We need to get those two wins and beat Kentucky in the semis. That combo of wins would look much better to the committee.

Only thing im really worried about is beating Vandy for the second time in less than a week.

coach, my back hurts

I believe we will have to win 3 or maybe the whole thing.  There are alot of teams in the BigEast and ACC that have 20+ wins and have a better conf record than us.  Not to mention they play in a better conf.  It will take more than 2 IMO.

dhornjr1

We got about as good a draw as you could hope for under the circumstances. If they keep playing with a chip on their shoulder they could knock off South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Kentucky/Mississippi State.

If they did that and made the championship game and gave a strong showing against Florida or Tennessee then the selection committee might consider them for a lower seed. Maybe a 10-12 seed.

That's a lot of "what ifs" but that's all we have right now.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 04, 2007, 03:37:01 pm
We got about as good a draw as you could hope for under the circumstances. If they keep playing with a chip on their shoulder they could knock off South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Kentucky/Mississippi State.

If they did that and made the championship game and gave a strong showing against Florida or Tennessee then the selection committee might consider them for a lower seed. Maybe a 10-12 seed.

The one thing I know is that they won't make us a 10-12 seed. We're not losing to mid-majors or weaker conference champs. IF we get in, we'll be in the 7-9 range. That's a given.

I don't think I've ever seen a SEC team be a 11 or 12 seed in the past 15 years. Our level of competition is just to high to think we're the 10th-12th best team in a region.

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

dhornjr1

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 04, 2007, 03:41:50 pm

The one thing I know is that they won't make us a 10-12 seed. We're not losing to mid-majors or weaker conference champs. IF we get in, we'll be in the 7-9 range. That's a given.

I don't think I've ever seen a SEC team be a 11 or 12 seed in the past 15 years. Our level of competition is just to high to think we're the 10th-12th best team in a region.

Arkansas was a 12 seed in 1996. They beat Penn State, a 5 seed in the first round on their way back to the Sweet 16.

dhornjr1

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 04, 2007, 04:04:12 pm

Arkansas was a 12 seed in 1996. They beat Penn State, a 5 seed in the first round on their way back to the Sweet 16.

Alabama wasn't an 11 or 12 seed in 2003 but they were a 10 seed.

NuttinItUp

I think 3 will get us in, especially after beating Vandy yesterday.

dhornjr1

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 04, 2007, 04:10:23 pm

Arkansas was an 11 seed in the 2000 NCAA Tournament after floundering all year and then winning the SEC Tournament. They played 6 seed Miami(Fla) and got beat 75-71 in the first round.

Michaelt

Might as well go ahead and win out, and remove all doubt. ;)
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

chiefsfan

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on March 04, 2007, 03:13:28 pm
My bad on the Vandy/Tenn.  I figured the first thing it went to was head to head.  I guess they went with the team that did best in the division.  Oops!!!!!!

no you got that part right... head to head is first tiebreaker...   But I dont think Tenn swept Vandy
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

dhornjr1

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 04, 2007, 04:15:24 pm

Arkansas was an 11 seed in the 2000 NCAA Tournament after floundering all year and then winning the SEC Tournament. They played 6 seed Miami(Fla) and got beat 75-71 in the first round.

LSU was an 11 seed in the 1993 NCAA Tournament.

dhornjr1

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 04, 2007, 04:20:26 pm

Florida was a 10 seed in the 1995 NCAA Tournament.

dhornjr1

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 04, 2007, 04:21:54 pm

Vanderbilt was a 10 seed in the 1997 NCAA Tournament.

Bomis Hawg

dhornjr1

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 04, 2007, 04:23:38 pm
Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 04, 2007, 04:21:54 pm

Vanderbilt was a 10 seed in the 1997 NCAA Tournament.

South Carolina was a 10 seed in the 2004 NCAA Tournament.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 04, 2007, 04:24:14 pm
Villanova won it all as an 8 seed. ;D

The lowest seed to ever win it all, correct?

Bomis Hawg

Correct.  Nova was the lowest.  Rollie Massamino and Ed Pinkney?

LSU in 86 and George Mason last year were the lowest seeds to make the final four.  I believe the year was right on LSU.  Both were 11 seeds.

dhornjr1

Quote from: opineonswine on March 04, 2007, 04:34:54 pm

But Nolan was the coach!

Good point.

weevilhogg

I'm thinking 12 is the lowest at-large seeding. . . . could be wrong.
Oh my!

masonselby

i hope they can just relax and take one game at a time and i think we will be ok, i like our bracket, IMO i think we have the 2nd most talented team next to florida
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

Junkyard Hog

That's the best possible bracket we could hope for.

HeathWimp

We still must win the SEC tourney to make the NCAA's - no two ways about it.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

jbcarol

Quote from: polandhog on March 04, 2007, 03:01:54 pm
I bet no one expected the e4-W5 matchup of Kentucky-Bama when this year started.... the first thursday game- tide and wildcats?

wow...

And the winner gets rewarded with a little more rest time.  Imagine that.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

mayjumpoffwagon

for us to make it to the NCAA tourney--we need 4 wins.

slopinhogs

go hogs be stingy, root under the fence,and take it all.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

darazorback

Quote from: polandhog on March 04, 2007, 02:58:00 pm
4E-- Kentucky (1EST)
5W--Alabama
                                    1W--MISSISSIPPI ST
3W--Arkansas (315EST)
6E --S Carolina
                                    2E--VANDERBILT
==========================================================
4W--Auburn (730EST)
5E --Georgia
                                    1E--FLORIDA
3E --Tennessee (945EST)
6W--LSU
                                    2W--OLE MISS

http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=9954

Everything up to the final seems like if we play the type of game we can, should be easily winnable games.

jbcarol

Quote from: weevilhogg on March 04, 2007, 05:08:47 pm

12 is generally the lowest at-large seeding.  It depends on how many teams (esp. mid-major) that would get a bid win or lose go ahead and also win their conference.  That opens up more at-large bids. 
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

polandhog

Quote from: jbcarol on March 04, 2007, 06:16:39 pm
Quote from: weevilhogg on March 04, 2007, 05:08:47 pm

12 is generally the lowest at-large seeding.  It depends on how many teams (esp. mid-major) that would get a bid win or lose go ahead and also win their conference.  That opens up more at-large bids. 

i would hate if we got in and knocked out missouri state... im a big bears fan, but right now they are about an 11 or 12 and can't afford too many conference upsets, like memphis in the Cusa or butler from the horizon.

devildog

Fust things Fust

Beat the Cocks :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

polandhog

Quote from: devildog on March 04, 2007, 06:27:07 pm
Fust things Fust

Beat the Cocks :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

amen to that.. i am hoping the players don't get all cocky thinking 'wow we just beat vandy we can win against them again'.. because a hungry CAROLINA team is in our way FIRST!

hoginsanfran

i doubt they overlook carolina... seriously, though, this is about the best bracket we could have hoped for!

camelt

I disagree.  Winning 2 gets us to 20 wins and our SOS is top 15 with a RPI in the lower 40's.  Were are definatly in the conversation with bubble teams.  2 wins in the tourney would also make us 5-2 Vs ranked teams.  I bet no other teams on the bubble could make that argument.