Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

up to the minutw rpi ranking

Started by cityhog, March 03, 2007, 02:43:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 05, 2007, 02:25:15 pm
I think its more of what happens to other teams than Arkansas.
A team could pull an upset.  The team that is ahead of Arkansas could've beat the team that got beat, thus Arkansas jumping them.

Just a thought.
Yeah, I just didn't know there were any games going on late last night and today, but then I realized that there are a lot of mid-major conference tournaments going on right now and the WAC tourney was late last night.

jbcarol

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 05, 2007, 02:22:14 pm
Quote from: deucea729 on March 04, 2007, 03:37:11 pm
Dropping like a rock - #50
We got down to #51 yesterday and now we are back up to #48.  What happened since last night that effected the RPI?

Other teams play which affects the SOS of everyone like dominoes.  It's like the Butterfly Effect:  Supposedly a butterfly flickers its wings in China and your roof gets damaged with hail in Chickendale.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: opineonswine on March 05, 2007, 02:48:49 pm
Quote from: cityhog on March 03, 2007, 02:53:42 pm
I'm starting to wonder if 2 wins in the SECT might get us in.  Esp. if one is against a higher ranked opp/RPI than us. Or are all RPI rankings sort of thrown out the window at conference tourney time?

we'll need 3 wins at least

I think you are right Opine.  The second win would be against Vandy again and that helps.  If the third round loss were against a team that is a lock rather than another bubble team, and its a good game, then maybe, just maybe.

Separately, most folks on here saw no chance 4 days ago.  Beauty of electronic archiving :)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Bomis Hawg

3 wins would make you comfortable about your chances.  If you win 2 and lose on Saturday, you'll be sweating it like Drexel and Mizzou State.

I think Arkansas, right now, is ahead of quite a few mid-majors looking for at-large bids.  If George Mason beats VCU, that would not help.

jbcarol

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 05, 2007, 02:55:36 pm
3 wins would make you comfortable about your chances.  If you win 2 and lose on Saturday, you'll be sweating it like Drexel and Mizzou State.

I think Arkansas, right now, is ahead of quite a few mid-majors looking for at-large bids.  If George Mason beats VCU, that would not help.

And given past glory, can you imagine how difficult it is to type that last sentence?

ICEman

Our history, though it is getting a little long in the tooth, dictates that we should get in with a seed somewhere in the 9 - 12 range.  This only happens with us making it past, at least, the first two rounds of the SECCT.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

jbcarol

Quote from: ICEman on March 05, 2007, 03:01:46 pm
Our history, though it is getting a little long in the tooth, dictates that we should get in with a seed somewhere in the 9 - 12 range.  This only happens with us making it past, at least, the first two rounds of the SECCT.

If you make it too the last day, good things can happen but I think the Seed digits will be two.  The Committee is under time pressure and these Sunday title games "just mess 'em up".  They talk about contingencies but I think sometimes they just say whatever. 

In other words, making it to Sunday might be as good as winning the SEC-T but you may not get more points for winning the SEC-T.

Of course it did not help poor So. Carolina last year who they sent to defend their NIT Title.