Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nolan Richardson defends Stan Heath, attacks Nutt, claims racism

Started by allyoucaneatbuffet, March 01, 2007, 06:44:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GBPackerFan

Quote from: IBreal on March 01, 2007, 02:59:36 pm
Right on, man.  You ask why did FB hired 2 black coaches in a row.  Well, the hiring of Stan Heath was for the convenience during the Nolan vs. the U of A episode.  It was wrong to fire Nolan in the first place and the hiring of Heath at the time was even worse.  I predict more bad news for the U of A program in the very near future.  NCAA recruiting violation is one of them
Firing Nolan was wrong?  Do you remember what happened at all?  The guy straight up told the U of A to buy out his contract and give him his money.  He asked to get fired. 

pork-e-pine

i guess he isn't interested in being stan's replacement.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Fayetnam

If it would get Nutt out of here, I could care less what "card" they played!!!!! :o

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: GBPackerFan on March 01, 2007, 03:26:40 pm
Quote from: IBreal on March 01, 2007, 02:59:36 pm
Right on, man.  You ask why did FB hired 2 black coaches in a row.  Well, the hiring of Stan Heath was for the convenience during the Nolan vs. the U of A episode.  It was wrong to fire Nolan in the first place and the hiring of Heath at the time was even worse.  I predict more bad news for the U of A program in the very near future.  NCAA recruiting violation is one of them
Firing Nolan was wrong?  Do you remember what happened at all?  The guy straight up told the U of A to buy out his contract and give him his money.  He asked to get fired. 

I bet some major B.S. led up to that request.  Maybe not all racial, but I bet he had to deal with some chit.  Plus Nolan's pretty crazy too.  To me, that was part of his charm.  He had swagger.

Oliverhogman

ALL Stan Heath has to do is tell them  "If you fire me I will tell about the basketball players getting paid".   It worked with Nutt if I were Stan I would try that route.  If it did not work I would ask for a 2 year pass.  Surely Frank (being the fair man) that he is would give him the 2 year pass.

gopigsgo

I might be crazy too man someone was crazy enough to shoot his horses(Nolans). That's pretty freaky. Nolan brought alot on himself but he got a lot of unnecessary grief especially for what all he accomplished. If someone would have done that to Frank, they'd of had the culprit behind bars in 24 hours.I think that used to be a hanging offense.

HaWg 10

what a surprise. who woulda thunk it?  Retardation isn't a disease that just goes away after 5 years. He is stuck with it for life.
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Nuttinbutaliar

man i miss my man nolan. he never pulls punches and he says what he means. a coach on the hill who doesn't backstab... go figure.

iamdent

I am anti-Nutt all the way, but I think Jack Crowe would dispute the white patience thing.

towneofbeverlyhills

he makes a point if u think its a race issue and if u want it to be nolan richardson court! unreal....this guy needs to be in a super maxi maxi security prison....throw away the frickin key while ur at it.

joedirt

Quote from: iamdent on March 01, 2007, 04:22:27 pm
I am anti-Nutt all the way, but I think Jack Crowe would dispute the white patience thing.

Finally....A very intelligent newbie!  First one I've seen on here in a while!

NuttSu

Quote from: PiggyBack on March 01, 2007, 10:52:16 am
Quote from: MGCAPRI on March 01, 2007, 10:46:12 am
Nolan why why why do you keep bringing up the race card?

Just look who He (Nolan) is sitting next to on the front page of the DemGaz.
That should tell you.
He keeps bringing it up because hes the one thats racists. Every time a black coach gets fired or doesnt get his way he screams RACISM. I for one am tired of hearing and watching this issue fly up every week on the news or where ever. Anyone who plays the race card is just making excuses for their failures . They need  to leave the 1920's behind and step back up to 2007.........ridiculas

stratpkr

Quote from: rev. tim on March 01, 2007, 11:13:18 am
Quote from: stratpkr on March 01, 2007, 10:54:35 am
Stan needs to be fired because he's not a good bball coach. Same can be said for nutt being a bad football coach. The difference is nutt is on the good old boy side and stan isn't. It's all about politics and anyone from Arkansas knows how that works. I stood up to the good old boy system in Arkansas and got wiped out. Totally ruined. I lost a lot. And I was just as white as the good old boys. Had nothing to do with race, just power. I guess some see it as the same thing but it's not. Nolan learned about standing up to the politics too, he just lost more and he didn't like losing. It has nothing to do with racism. Stan nees to go as well as nutt. Someone's gotta go first. Looks like stan.

Is that you Coach Hatfield?

I needed a good laugh. Thanks.

Hogphilia

Quote from: Bogarto on March 01, 2007, 07:30:54 am
Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on March 01, 2007, 06:44:29 am
says patience is slim for black coaches, says stan deserves more time with his own guys.

if you have the adg today check out the front page of the main section.  nolan is VERY grey.

Best quote:    "they're not as tolerant of us as they are a white coach"

:puke:

Hard to argue with him not just because Nutt is still here but also because of how Heath never had the protective shield from the media that Nutt always had.

Great Point!  There was nobody defending Nolan against criticism before his firing....furthermore Chuckles is pushing for Stan's dismissal, agreeing with callers who call for his head...

hoggystyle78

We had better hope the national media doesn't even sniff at racism, those tanks that Nolan mentioned just might very well be headed to the hill along with Jesse Jackson and others. How many games would we win in FB and BB with no African-American athletes in the SEC? You wanna talk about a PR nightmare.

Hogphilia

Go get 'em Nolan....Don't get me wrong, I think Stan should be dismissed but not until the Nuttboy is fired...Anything short of that APPEARS to be racisim all day long...

But actually, instead of racism, I think it is mostly the fact that Nuttboy has connections and is a shameless self-promoting liar and suckup.

Hogphilia

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on March 01, 2007, 05:42:38 pm
We had better hope the national media doesn't even sniff at racism, those tanks that Nolan mentioned just might very well be headed to the hill along with Jesse Jackson and others. How many games would we win in FB and BB with no African-American athletes in the SEC? You wanna talk about a PR nightmare.

Until Nuttboy is gone, let 'er burn.

Hogpuddin

I still love Nolan, but this race thing needs to die, and die quickly.  How many white players did he have on his teams?

Hogphilia

Quote from: Porkaholic on March 01, 2007, 08:40:38 am
I have great respect for Nolan's work ethic, for his record, for what he accomplished at Arkansas.  I respect him for holding things together during Yvonne's illness.  I respect him for his strength of character.

My respect for an individual is based on what he does with the gifts he has, not the color of his skin.  Nolan has my respect.

Nobody is perfect.  Nolan's biggest flaw is his view of race issues.  I can respect where it may have come from, and I'll bet it goes way back.

BUT, he is wrong on this one, and he does himself a disservice by throwing it out.  Stan's tenure at Arkansas will not be determined on the basis of race; it will be performance.  Further, if Nolan wants to coach again, he handicaps himself by continuing to talk race.  The good programs will be reluctant to hire someone who may be throwing race bombs with his temper tantrums.

Nolan, put it down and just do what you do best.

Great post Porkaholic...I think you nailed it...+1

SpareRib

Quote from: Hogphilia on March 01, 2007, 05:50:43 pm
Quote from: Porkaholic on March 01, 2007, 08:40:38 am
I have great respect for Nolan's work ethic, for his record, for what he accomplished at Arkansas.  I respect him for holding things together during Yvonne's illness.  I respect him for his strength of character.

My respect for an individual is based on what he does with the gifts he has, not the color of his skin.  Nolan has my respect.

Nobody is perfect.  Nolan's biggest flaw is his view of race issues.  I can respect where it may have come from, and I'll bet it goes way back.

BUT, he is wrong on this one, and he does himself a disservice by throwing it out.  Stan's tenure at Arkansas will not be determined on the basis of race; it will be performance.  Further, if Nolan wants to coach again, he handicaps himself by continuing to talk race.  The good programs will be reluctant to hire someone who may be throwing race bombs with his temper tantrums.

Nolan, put it down and just do what you do best.

Great post Porkaholic...I think you nailed it...+1

TY, Sir.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

disGUSted

Quote from: LA HAWG on March 01, 2007, 07:29:10 am
Gentlemen, from the outside looking in this does look like rascism.  This is a result of Frank's knee jerk reaction and hiring of Stan Heath.  Two black coaches fired in the span of a mediocre football coach with NO CHAMPIONSHIPS!  What else does it look like.  I am all for getting rid of Stan but for HDN to be bulletproof is rediculous.
It could be said that having to hire a minority just to pacify some liberal leftist watchdogs is racism in reverse. When is doing the right thing racism?
There is a Miss Black America that whites can't enter, United Negro College Fund, and we could waste time naming more, but the fact is, that there can only be equality when Dr. Martin Luther King's statement that a person should be judged not by the color of their skin but by the character of the heart is lived out in every facet of life.
You can't treat athletics any differently, with an adjusted set of rules to "insure" justice by race even coming in to play when any decision or hiring/firing is made.
Stan Heath is on the hot seat for sub-par performance and nothing else! He is a quality person who simply can't get the job done. I would fire ANY coach in the same situation.
OK...I've vented now ...getting my breath back...heart rate slowing....yes, I'm gonna make it!
Seriously, let's not be baited into Nolan's fictional world again. :razorback:

Hogpuddin

Quote from: disGUSted on March 01, 2007, 06:20:44 pm
Gentlemen, from the outside looking in this does look like rascism.  This is a result of Frank's knee jerk reaction and hiring of Stan Heath.  Two black coaches fired in the span of a mediocre football coach with NO CHAMPIONSHIPS!  What else does it look like.  I am all for getting rid of Stan but for HDN to be bulletproof is rediculous.
It could be said that having to hire a minority just to pacify some liberal leftist watchdogs is racism in reverse. When is doing the right thing racism?
There is a Miss Black America that whites can't enter, United Negro College Fund, and we could waste time naming more, but the fact is, that there can only be equality when Dr. Martin Luther King's statement that a person should be judged not by the color of their skin but by the character of the heart is lived out in every facet of life.
You can't treat athletics any differently, with an adjusted set of rules to "insure" justice by race even coming in to play when any decision or hiring/firing is made.
Stan Heath is on the hot seat for sub-par performance and nothing else! He is a quality person who simply can't get the job done. I would fire ANY coach in the same situation.
OK...I've vented now ...getting my breath back...heart rate slowing....yes, I'm gonna make it!

I am in total agreeance with you.  I have wondered if Nolan was told to have one token white player on each team, because he didn't have very many, and I wonder if he wanted any at all.  Like I said before, I still love Nolan, but this racism thing has to stop.

NuttSu

Quote from: Hogpuddin on March 01, 2007, 06:28:34 pm
Quote from: disGUSted on March 01, 2007, 06:20:44 pm

I am in total agreeance with you.  I have wondered if Nolan was told to have one token white player on each team, because he didn't have very many, and I wonder if he wanted any at all.  Like I said before, I still love Nolan, but this racism thing has to stop.
Nolan didnt have many whites on his team and the ones he had he hardly let play......  I SCREAM RACISM!!!!!!!!   But notice how nothings ever said when the shoes on the other foot.

rude1

Yeah it's all in Nolan's mind that the football coach who is white has been given the benefit of the doubt at every turn. Produced very little, yet has been constantly been rewarded a lot in raises and contract extensions. Has been given a free to suck for two year pass at the sametime he is rewarded with a raise and contract extension while admitting he is going to stink up the place. I can see no reason why Nolan would think any of this would be racially motivated.

Jellohawg

How long will Nolan continue to carry this BAGGAGE around?  Move on and take the money like you wanted!

HogasaurusRex

In other news, water is wet, grass is green, and the sky is blue!
Pictures @ 11. ;D

mykidsdad

What Nolan said is that in Arkansas the "good ol boy network" is still in place. This is true! The reason that it is considered racism, and I believe it is, is because the "good ol boys" like people who are like they are. Nutt is like they are, he is a good ol boy. Is Nolan? Is Stan? There is absolutely no diversity in college football. The boosters, the schools admins want someone who is like they are, someone that they can "relate to". If you don't think that this is racist, then I feel for you. Just because someone isn't using derogatory names about people of different races (I am not talking about Frank here because we all know that he does), doesn't mean that they are not a racist.

HOG71

I want rid of Nutt so bad, it makes me sick.  But a couple of posters have brought up the "2 year pass" that Nutt was given.  If I remember correctly, Nutt was sitting on an offer from Nebraska when he got a raise and received the "2 year pass".  Seems like part of a package to stay to me.......not, Nutt's white, let's give him a 2 year pass. 

What do you think would happen to Nutt if he held a press conference and started bashing the entire state, and calling HOG FANS WHO PAY HIS FAT CHECK(and still paying Nolan's) a bunch of Rednecks and Tu*ds, and the pay me my money b.s.?

Not even Nutt could remain employed.

To believe Nutt is still employed because he is white is insane.......if you honestly believe that, you need to stop visiting Hogville and go here --> http://www.rainbowpush.org/ 

Dr. Leonard Ford

Houston gets a pass because he went to school at UofA, had a dad in athletics, grew up a Hog fan, and was connected politically.  Stan had none of that.  That is why the difference.

HOG71

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on March 01, 2007, 09:43:26 pm
Houston gets a pass because he went to school at UofA, had a dad in athletics, grew up a Hog fan, and was connected politically.  Stan had none of that.  That is why the difference.

You can look at it objectively numerous ways......but not because he is white

Publius

You don't have to look at a calender to know that it's March.  All you have to do is listen for the baritone droning of a bitter ex-coach waxing philosophical about the ins and outs of getting done in by the "man".  I guess it was tolerable when he was winning 30 games a year and going to final 4's...but now his story has grown tiresome.  This preacher of victimology does his flock no good.  You know I find it funny that Nolan would bitch about the unevenness of the playing field in Fayetteville when he spent almost 17 years there as a coach, secondly only in tenure to the "white haired devil" who fired him.  I find it funny that a man who purports to love Arkansas so much would bemoan being forced to recruit home grown players as his teams were routinely getting stomped by the Keith Carter/Jason Flannigan Ole Piss squads.  I find it funny that people who extol the virtues of diversity and decry the "good ol boy network" never seem to apply that standard to places like Grambling or Southern when it comes to hiring white coaches or staff.  And I find it funny that these same racism-behind-every-corner types never seem to get upset when a more qualified white med or law school candidate is denied admission to our state schools in the name of diversity.  And I find it odd, that no one who thinks SH should be kept can argue their case on the merit of Heath's performance...but instead will use the bogeyman of racism to bolster their point of view.

HOG71

Quote from: Publius on March 01, 2007, 09:50:38 pm
You don't have to look at a calender to know that it's March.  All you have to do is listen for the baritone droning of a bitter ex-coach waxing philosophical about the ins and outs of getting done in by the "man".  I guess it was tolerable when he was winning 30 games a year and going to final 4's...but now his story has grown tiresome.  This preacher of victimology does his flock no good.  You know I find it funny that Nolan would bitch about the unevenness of the playing field in Fayetteville when he spent almost 17 years there as a coach, secondly only in tenure to the "white haired devil" who fired him.  I find it funny that a man who purports to love Arkansas so much would bemoan being forced to recruit home grown players as his teams were routinely getting stomped by the Keith Carter/Jason Flannigan Ole Piss squads.  I find it funny that people who extol the virtues of diversity and decry the "good ol boy network" never seem to apply that standard to places like Grambling or Southern when it comes to hiring white coaches or staff.  And I find it funny that these same racism-behind-every-corner types never seem to get upset when a more qualified white med or law school candidate is denied admission to our state schools in the name of diversity.  And I find it odd, that no one who thinks SH should be kept can argue their case on the merit of Heath's performance...but instead will use the bogeyman of racism to bolster their point of view.

Great points made, all of which would be hard to argue against

Blue35

I haven't seen an entire transcript of Nolan's testimony to the congressional sub-committee but from what I have read it seems that he was trying to re-litigate  his lawsuit against the UA.  That lawsuit ended several years ago when the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled against Nolan and affirmed the findings of the Federal District Court.  Four Federal Judges, all appointed pursuant to Article III of the US Constitution, have ruled against Nolan and yet Nolan still wants to argue his case.  What's up with this bird?  Is he in denial or what? I for one will be glad when he is finally paid off and moves out of state.  He serves no useful purpose. I think he needs therapy.

Publius

Quote from: Blue35 on March 01, 2007, 10:04:49 pm
I haven’t seen an entire transcript of Nolan’s testimony to the congressional sub-committee but from what I have read it seems that he was trying to re-litigate  his lawsuit against the UA.  That lawsuit ended several years ago when the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled against Nolan and affirmed the findings of the Federal District Court.  Four Federal Judges, all appointed pursuant to Article III of the US Constitution, have ruled against Nolan and yet Nolan still wants to argue his case.  What’s up with this bird?  Is he in denial or what? I for one will be glad when he is finally paid off and moves out of state.  He serves no useful purpose. I think he needs therapy.

You may be on to something with the therapy angle.  Last year at the UAB-Memphis game at FedEx forum, our down trodden elder statesman spokesman for his race ex-coach was dressed up in his best Blazer green and gold and talking trash with the Tiger fans sitting in his vicinity.  Fine conduct for a once big time high profile hall of fame leader of young men.  Isn't this the same guy who got kicked out of minor league game at Alltel arena?  Perhaps he needs some anger management courses?

cardinalhawg

Nolan got a golden opportunity to coach for the Hogs for a number of years, but he just can't get past throwing the race card around.  He should be very appreciate to have gotten the opportunity that he got at Arkansas.   I think it would do him some good to get on these message boards and realize that most posters are not racist, but just want their coaches to get the job done regardless of race. 

Tusker4life

Nolan was a god for years until he played the race card. If Stan gets fired, I dont believe you will see the same thing, as he is a class guy. I know he is trying hard, you can tell its eating at him probably worse than anyone, I feel bad for him, and if he does get fired, I will still support his next coaching gig, like I do Mike Anderson, Scott Edgar, and did Eddie Sutton when he was still coaching. He will forever be a Hog. I agree its probably a time to make a change, 5 years is a long time to not make a big turn around. Consistent play from the team we have today could without a doubt win the SEC tourney, and go far in the big dance, unfortunately its not going to happen unless there is a miracle. Nolan should have retired 5 years before he was fired at least and gone out as the best coach in UA history (which he is), but the race card unfortunately will tarnish that forever.

The world needs to learn from its past mistakes and not make them over and over, only then can we live together without all this racism.

:razorback:
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

HatfieldHog

says patience is slim for black coaches, says stan deserves more time with his own guys.

if you have the adg today check out the front page of the main section.  nolan is VERY grey.

Best quotes:    "they're not as tolerant of us as they are a white coach"   :puke:

Did you hear me say 'Give me two more years?'   :) :) :)

Can anyone legitimately say that Nolan is wrong on this one.  The cows seem to have come home with this one.  The talk show guys are letting Heath have it, and they sacrifice all dignity to defend Nutt?????

I think that I've just jumped on the Nolan bandwagon.

White-Haired-Devils....

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

mykidsdad

Quote from: Publius on March 01, 2007, 09:50:38 pm

I find it funny when people who are confronted with facts change the subject. The problem not that whether Stan should be fired or not. Why does Nutt get a free pass? What is the comparison of records between Stan and Nutt? They are basically the same. Has Stan sent his buddies after his players? Has Stan lied repeatedly to everyone within ear shot? I say again, if you do not think that the good ol boy network in alive and well in Arkansas, then I feel sorry for you. Nutt is the typical gool ol boy and that is the only reason that he is coaching. Nolan pointed that out again, however I guess that it hits home a little too much for some!

jhog

Nolan is cashing those UofA checks and laughing his arse off.  Surely he could have found somewhere suitable for him to coach or does he just want to remain a thorn?

All Stan had to do was make the tournament, simple as that and he would have kept his job. He also has the tools and the players. He is just not a very good coach.

Space Man

Best quotes:    "they're not as tolerant of us as they are a white coach"   :puke:

Nolan is completely wrong on Stan Heath's situation.  Many black coaches are identified as a group and not singled out and evaluated in most situations.  Stan Heath, nor any other black coach should get labeled and lumped into a group.  Stan Heath is not a good coach and has been outcoached consistently all year, and deserves to lose his job.  However it is absolutely ridiculous that only 7 of the 119 Division 1 coaches are black.  That is a joke and no one can tell me that there are only 7 black coaches who are capable of becoming head coaches.  The number was less than that before Miami stepped up.  Charlie Strong at Florida has been disrespected and not given the opportunity to become a coach at a high level and it is shameful.  The whole situation is shameful and racist in nature.  If some of the top 100 players started to become conscious and decide to play for black coaches, and that becomes a determining factor, the numbers would change dramatically.  The NFL, NBA, and college basketball has gotten it right and it is time for college administrators to take notice. 

Space Man

Quote from: jhog on March 02, 2007, 12:00:50 am
Nolan is cashing those UofA checks and laughing his arse off.  Surely he could have found somewhere suitable for him to coach or does he just want to remain a thorn?

All Stan had to do was make the tournament, simple as that and he would have kept his job. He also has the tools and the players. He is just not a very good coach.

Nolan Richardson = pimp

RZRBCK in Texas

I am not a racist person, but in this case Nolan needs to just shut up, stay out of the media with his opinions of how the program should be run and just go the h*** away. Enough is enough.

No_nuts

The problem is there can only be one AD pet,
and that is Houston Nutt.

The football and basketball programs don't have the same
standards.

LJHOG

Yadda yadda yadda .......... blah blah blah .................... SOS :puke:

Uncle Tusk

Let me preface this by saying, I'm no Houston Nutt fan.  I'm as ready as anybody to see him go.  That said, when you compare Nutt to Heath, this is my take.

Nutt has been here 9 years and we have been in post season play for seven of those nine years.  Not a bad percentage.

Heath has been here 5 years and we've had one post season appearence.

It's not race people.  It's winning and losing.  After nolan's championship season and folllow-up runner-up season, he was nothing special.  His teams stopped winning.  The reason I never respect what Nolan has to say is because it's always the same....it blacks against the whites.  I promise I'm not a prejudice person, but when you throw that at me continuously, it greatly looses its meaning.

And yes I'm white.

aloha_kid

Best quotes:    "they're not as tolerant of us as they are a white coach"   :puke:

Fire Stan and see just how bad it gets.  That was nothing.. just a shot across the bow by Nolan.

aloha_kid

Are you outta your mind.  Do you think the football team was in the same shape as the basketball team??  Really???

Pork Twain

Quote from: aloha_kid on March 02, 2007, 01:18:55 am

Fire Stan and see just how bad it gets.  That was nothing.. just a shot across the bow by Nolan.
I think Nolan did about all he could to tear our University down.  All he succeeded in doing is getting us stuck with Stan.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: aloha_kid on March 02, 2007, 01:20:18 am
Are you outta your mind.  Do you think the football team was in the same shape as the basketball team??  Really???
You gotta be outta your mind to compare the two sports.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Temprees

Quote from: Hogpuddin on March 01, 2007, 05:50:37 pm
I still love Nolan, but this race thing needs to die, and die quickly.  How many white players did he have on his teams?
I don't know, but he had a white players (Davor Rimac) to live with him, in Rimac's senior year in High School.  Nolan was good friends with Rimac's father.  Wait a minute.  How can this be.  I thought you guys said that ole Nolan was a racist.