Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Mississippippissippi State Game Thread

Started by Brand X Hog Fan, February 28, 2007, 07:01:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithian

First off, that post was more reflex.

Secondly, wasn't Ervin a year before Telfair?

If that was Ervin who player Telfair in the championship game in that ESPN documentary about Telfair, I might have to wtach it again.

TRUHOG718

Welsh player of the game. Good job freshman you earned it
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Pignominious

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on February 28, 2007, 09:27:10 pm

Welsh should have been getting pt a long time ago.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

TRUHOG718

http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on February 28, 2007, 09:29:27 pm
Quote from: TRUHOG718 on February 28, 2007, 09:27:10 pm

Welsh should have been getting pt a long time ago.

yes and no... he WAS 4-4 on 3's and shoot every time he touches the ball.  kentucky, it worked, but other games, he's been absolutely dreadful, jacking up 2 or 3 straights bricks when we need points.

he IS the future, but this year, i don't mind having him be the 8th or 9th guy instead of the 4th.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

hogninja

Quote from: returntoglory on February 28, 2007, 09:04:18 pm
it doesnt make sense to hold the ball in the corner like that. that is just poor basketball knowledge. it may come down to coaching but jr high players should know that.

We have player's doing things they shouldn't do during a game.  Things they didn't do in High School.  Coaching or players?  I don't know. :razorback:

jbcarol

Quote from: Smithian on February 28, 2007, 09:15:26 pm
Quote from: TRUHOG718 on February 28, 2007, 09:09:46 pm
Funny thing is Ervin was the second best point guard in the city his senior year. Behind Sebastian Telfair. I wish he was more consistent
As far as High School goes, never, EVER again type the words "Ervin" and "Telfair" in the same sentence again. Sebastian Telfair was amazing in HS, even though he is terrible in NBA.

It'a A Wonderful Life (Part II)

Chris Lofton continues to light it up as Kentucky has their best 3-point shooter since Travis Ford/Cameron Mills.  They surpass Florida setting up a 3rd straight SEC Tournament championship and a 3rd straigtht Final Four appearance.  Tonite the state's dream match up Kentucky/Louisville for all the marbles.

Rajon Rondo leads Louisville in points, rebounds, steals, assists.  He has even developed a long range shot under the tutelage of head coach Rick Pitino.  After two straight final fours and a Big East regular season and tournament win they are ready to face state rival Kentucky in the NCAA Championship game.

ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN Classic ad revenues have increased have they have never produced a reality series following the senior H.S. season of a basketball prima donna and his posse.

Oh, Sebastian Telfair it's a wonderful life.  Look what would have happened had you never been born.

(Sorry Hawg fans, I could not plausibly work an angle regarding Telfair and Gary Ervin.  Please add to the story if you have something good ...)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net