Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt: I'm a better coach the further south I go

Started by Mr. Prozac, February 27, 2007, 11:50:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigredone

We keep showing him how much we appreciate him but he still won't go away. We show him so much that we are accused of being "haters".......

3kgthog

Nutt is right. Cut him some slack. The Alabama fans do love him because they know if he's here and they have Saban that they can pretty much pencil us in as a W after 2007 is over and McFadden goes pro.

patgrl

Well then, Nutt, GO SOUTH and don't stop until you can't go anymore

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: PinkPig on February 27, 2007, 12:09:31 pm
Oh, this is rich!  Thanks for posting this link.  For everyone's reading pleasure, here are some excerpts:

“You know what’s good is that I find out I’m a better coach the farther south I go,” Nutt said. “When I went to Atlanta to pick up the coach of the year award, I had two Alabama alumni tell me, ‘I wish we could do what ya’ll do. I wish we could do what Arkansas does.’

“I asked what they meant, and they answered, ‘Ya’ll have won three Western Division titles and been to Atlanta twice, and we haven’t been there in 11 or so years. We want to do that.’ I asked them to come to Arkansas and repeat their feelings.”

It’s remarkable that Nutt wants to remain at Arkansas, considering everything he and his family have endured the past few weeks. He wasn’t hurting for enthusiasm Monday night, but admitted that recent circumstances had made this the “worst year” of his life.

“It is because of my family and the terrible rumors, vicious remarks that you know are lies on the Internet,” Nutt said. “It’s sad, but I know that’s not the true Razorback fans. Everytime we tried to face one of those remarks, they couldn’t prove it, and would run from it. It makes you sick, but you keep going because of the kids you’ve recruited.”

. . .

There’s evidence that the departure of Malzahn and the players left wounds, but they’re healing according to Nutt. It cost the Razorbacks at least one recruit to Alabama.

“Mustain and Williams leaving hurt us a little bit,” Nutt acknowledged. “You could tell when you went into some (potential recruits’) living rooms that there were some doubts. But what’s good is that the players we did get will really be pretty good in two or three years. They’re good, quality kids. We had 18 commitments when this thing broke, and we only lost one.”

My comment:  Well, we may not have to worry about firing HDN, after all.  Looks like he has had a complete psychotic break with reality, and we can go visit him in his padded room.

BTW, I can't wait to email this idiocy to the Bama fans in my family. 

good lord this man is full of crap!!

Alabama went to Atlanta and WON the thing in 1999!!!

The guy is seriously in love with himself.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on February 27, 2007, 12:53:02 pm

good lord this man is full of crap!!

Alabama went to Atlanta and WON the thing in 1999!!!

The guy is seriously in love with himself.
He certainly can't be accused of self-loathing.

HogNuttz

The next Toby Keith song played in the stadium will be "I Wanna Talk About Me".
Book it.

The "How Do You Like Me Now" was just a warm up.

Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

pigsnoter49

Not all of SW Arkansas loves Nutt I can assure you of that!!!!!

What is it going to take to casterate this cancer and move on?   This is sickening!
Ding Dong The Dork Is Gone Oh Happy Day!

Doyle Hograves

Nutt's timeline wrong again... It hasn't been 11 years since Alabama has played in the SEC CG.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Pork Salad Annie

It was great how he added his tiresome cliche: "we were three or four plays away from a BCS" again.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 12:39:49 pm
I think some people may be taking this the wrong way. It seems to me Coach Nutt wanted to show his love for the fans down there. Nothing more, nothing less. As a matter of fact, I appreciate his sense of humor through this ordeal.  My advice would be show Coach Nutt he is appreciated in NWA as well.
BigDeal: you are nothing if not consistent. I also have repect your persistence, even if I don't share your seemingly charitable view of HDN. I was wondering--do you really have such a positive view of things on The Hill with respect to football, or are you at times pulling our legs a little, trying to get a rise out of folks?..Either is fine with me, I just wondered.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 27, 2007, 12:36:00 pm
Quote from: HoggieStyle on February 27, 2007, 12:27:12 pm
It just occurred to me that the "better coach the further south I go" thing may be yet another shot at Springdale/NWA. What a goober.

I'm from NWA and that is kind of how I took this comment.  I had decided to just let things die, accept HDN as our coach and drive on, but every time I do that he comes out with some stuff like this.  Since when is a coach taking shots at the fans a good idea?

I think some people may be taking this the wrong way. It seems to me Coach Nutt wanted to show his love for the fans down there. Nothing more, nothing less. As a matter of fact, I appreciate his sense of humor through this ordeal.  My advice would be show Coach Nutt he is appreciated in NWA as well.

Even if he's not?
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

razornole

Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

King-Tusk

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 27, 2007, 12:36:00 pm
Quote from: HoggieStyle on February 27, 2007, 12:27:12 pm
It just occurred to me that the "better coach the further south I go" thing may be yet another shot at Springdale/NWA. What a goober.

I'm from NWA and that is kind of how I took this comment.  I had decided to just let things die, accept HDN as our coach and drive on, but every time I do that he comes out with some stuff like this.  Since when is a coach taking shots at the fans a good idea?

We will show nutt appreciation when he leaves our program and state.  To do so while he is still here would mean we are following his example and being dishonest.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

DeltaBoy

Bullcrap He sucks and he knows we know it too. I love it he used his old standby line

"just three or four plays away from maybe the BCS. That's what keeps you going."

Keep the pressure up this NUTT gonna crack!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

scootman

You should note that he never said the rumours weren't true, just that we couldn't prove them! I think that speaks volumes.
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

kgr

Quote from: HogNuttz on February 27, 2007, 01:07:19 pm
The next Toby Keith song played in the stadium will be "I Wanna Talk About Me".
Book it.

The "How Do You Like Me Now" was just a warm up.

I forgot about that disgraceful display of in your face fans.  I would like to seem the baz and the nutt in a room at the same time.  How would the egos fit? 

HogsGranpa

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on February 27, 2007, 12:14:48 pm
The only thing going south is his career.
[/quote

Just like the rabbit in the battery commercial, Nutt's football coaching career just keeps on going, going, going.

Hey, did you seen on the board where the Camden quarterback has committed to play football and baseball at Arkansas. 

Man, that is good news, is it not for Coaches Nutt, Van Horn, and the Razorbacks?

Love to watch and follow those Razorbacks!!!!

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: razornole on February 27, 2007, 01:24:24 pm
Prozac: I think he is playing with ya
Maybe so--but if so, judging by his posts in other threads, he has a great deal of "sticktoitiveness".

razornole

I think he is trying to get 1,000 smites b4 he receives 100 applauds lol
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

Jaison Black

Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 12:18:51 pm
I can tell you for a fact that I am from Southeast Arkansas and Coach Nutt is VERY much appreciated down there!

Dude you just opened yourself to all kinds of smiting and blasting.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

hog caller

well we are just the few who are complaining and we are all liars and he confronted the soothsayers and they ran like scaled dogs. who is he tyring to kid,himself. yeah we lost a couple of guys but we are healing. this guys is a real winner.he hurts for the lies about his family hell i thought she was the one who forwarded the email.if you don't want your name in the pot,stay off the porch. maybe he'll get far enough south one day to get his feet wet.I'm not worried because TIME CHANGES EVERYTHING.

mikeirwin

February 27, 2007, 01:51:45 pm #71 Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 01:53:49 pm by mikeirwin
Nutt is attacking messages boards with sweeping generalizations.
Since this is the largest Razorback message board by far and the 8th largest fan board in the nation I don't think it's insignificant that we have limited criticism of him to his professional life only.
As far as I can determine he's also off base is suggesting that his family has been attacked.
We do not allow that either.

King-Tusk

Quote from: mikeirwin on February 27, 2007, 01:51:45 pm
Nutt is attacking messages boards with sweeping generalizations.
On this board we have protected him from from rumors about his personal life.
Since this is the largest Razorback message board by far and the 8th largest fan board in the nation I don't think it's insignificant that we have limited criticism of him to his professional life only.
As far as I can determine he's also off base is suggesting that his family has been attacked.

Hey Mike, can we ban him? 
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

kgr

I thought when you had neither you threw people under the bus.  So here's to you Mr. Throw You Under The Bus Guy.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: opineonswine on February 27, 2007, 01:54:18 pm

As we all know, facts are optional with Dale.  When you have the facts, pound the facts.  When you have the stats, pound the stats.  When you have neither, pound the table.  Meet Mr. Table Pounder.
Given all the other recent slautes I've seen going out, perhaps Bud Light should salute "Mr. Table Pounder Guy".

razorpimp

He's probably right....he might be the best "american" football coach in South America or South Africa......that is pretty far south...

GO HOOTEN!

hogsNbeer

February 27, 2007, 02:04:34 pm #76 Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 02:07:09 pm by hogsNbeer
I couldnt' read the whole article...I quit after he said, yet again, how we were just 3 or 4 plays away from a BCS........   Does he actually think people listen to him?    What is so important about 10 wins outta 14 games?  Can someone please explain to me why Nutt, and his chief apologist Rick Schaeffer keep bringing up the fact we won 71% of our games this year, and that it was just special?    :puke:   

BigDeal

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 27, 2007, 02:04:34 pm
I couldnt' read the whole article...I quit after he said, yet again, how we were just 3 or 4 plays away from a BCS........   Does he actually think people listen to him?       

Special teams play hurt us directly in at least 2 of the last 3 losses. Had we won 2 or the last three, you know it was conceivable we could have been playing for a NC.  I don't understand how anyone would disaggree with those comments.

HogsGranpa

Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 02:07:28 pm
I couldnt' read the whole article...I quit after he said, yet again, how we were just 3 or 4 plays away from a BCS........   Does he actually think people listen to him?       

Special teams play hurt us directly in at least 2 of the last 3 losses. Had we won 2 or the last three, you know it was conceivable we could have been playing for a NC.  I don't understand how anyone would disaggree with those comments.

With all due respect Big Deal, and it is a good question you ask, but it is hard to understand and describe the thinking, that comes from "deep hatred".

hog_fan

Quote from: HogsGranpa on February 27, 2007, 02:10:05 pm
I couldnt' read the whole article...I quit after he said, yet again, how we were just 3 or 4 plays away from a BCS........   Does he actually think people listen to him?      

With all due respect Big Deal, and it is a good question you ask, but it is hard to understand and describe the thinking, that comes from "deep hatred".

Explain why Shibest is still here then since he coaches special team. deep hatred could be about lie after lie. read his own statements for what I mean. Three or four different stories about the email in relation to when he found out.

King-Tusk

I couldnt' read the whole article...I quit after he said, yet again, how we were just 3 or 4 plays away from a BCS........   Does he actually think people listen to him?      

The 2 or 3 plays away comment does fit our special teams woes this past year.  The problem is, every time we lose we're a few plays away.  Whenever we have a problem in our gameplan, we're a few plays away.  After nine years, you would think a coach could correct just a few plays.

kgr

Quote from: HogsGranpa on February 27, 2007, 02:10:05 pm

Mr. Big Deal, I know someone who can answer your question along the lines of Hogs Granpa's response.  Why don't you talk to T.P.  I bet she can explain all those inner feeling of hostility to you and how they boil over into a poor choice of words.  When you get her answer, share it with the rest of us.

BigDeal

Quote from: opineonswine on February 27, 2007, 02:13:45 pm

Frank Broyles didn't disagree.  He said in Dallas that Shibest should be relieved of his duties.  But he's a loyal MSM so can't do that.

I think we are beginning to have a hug fest here. I sense a line of agreement. If Coach Nutt released Shibest of his duties, would that change things ? I would support his decision to do that.

hogsNbeer

Well, then, I guess Alabama and Vandy were just a few plays away from beating us? right.....  Why does NUTT seem to be the only coach that makes excuses consistently...... We are always a play here, or a play there from winning..... Why are we always that far.....Like the other poster said, in 9 years you'd think he'd be able to give a few of those plays instead of making excuses....... Unbelievable....

kgr

Mr. Prozac is right.  You are consistent.  But did you have to use the word "hug". 

Biggus Piggus

"Everytime we tried to face one of those remarks, they couldn't prove it, and would run from it."

When? Which ones? Who ran?

What a load of crap.
[CENSORED]!

woodhog14

February 27, 2007, 02:24:16 pm #86 Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 02:26:47 pm by woodhog14

"I asked what they meant, and they answered, 'Ya'll have won three Western Division titles and been to Atlanta twice, and we haven't been there in 11 or so years. We want to do that.' I asked them to come to Arkansas and repeat their feelings."

That's funny.  He said Bama hasn't been to the SECCG in 11 years??? Bama went to the SECCG in 1999 and BEAT Florida 34-7. That was only seven years ago.  Dale never ceases to amaze me.  Not only has Bama been to Atlanta in the past 7 years, they WON the SEC Championship when they did go in '99, and they should have gone to the SECCG in 2002 when we did, but they were on probation(with a 6-2 SEC record compared to our 5-3 record and them smoking us in Fayetteville 30-12 earlier in the year), so we snuck in the back door with a little miracle on markham.  Dale is a moron.

PinkPig

February 27, 2007, 02:25:39 pm #87 Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 02:27:41 pm by PinkPig
Opine on Swine asked me to "Please go post this on a Bama board.  The entertainment value will be monumental."

(I managed to mess up the quote function and don't know how to fix it.)

Well, I found one board and posted it:

http://www.al.com/forums/tide/index.ssf

topic No. 431722

First response was we "can keep him" and that things are "going to be miserable" for us.  

Gotta get off here and do some real work.  If you know some better Bama boards, pm me, and I'll see what else I can stir up.  

"Censorship of anything, at any time, in any place, on whatever pretense, has always been and always will be the last resort of the boob and the bigot."
― Eugene O'Neill

King-Tusk

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 27, 2007, 02:22:50 pm
“Everytime we tried to face one of those remarks, they couldn’t prove it, and would run from it.”

When? Which ones? Who ran?

What a load of crap.

That about sums up our nutt.

HogNuttz

Quote from: mikeirwin on February 27, 2007, 01:51:45 pm

Apparently personal attacks are best left to the self proclaimed extended members of the Nutt family.  I must admit, as far as personal attacks go, she was pretty good.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

paraloma

QuoteNutt: I'm a better coach the further south I go

They absolutely love him in Baton Rouge,...

...just as long as he's on the visitors sideline.
Dallas Washington for Heisman

hogsNbeer

Quote from: PinkPig on February 27, 2007, 02:25:39 pm
Opine on Swine asked me to "Please go post this on a Bama board.  The entertainment value will be monumental."

(I managed to mess up the quote function and don't know how to fix it.)

Well, I found one board and posted it:

http://www.al.com/forums/tide/index.ssf

topic No. 431722

First response was we "can keep him" and that things are "going to be miserable" for us.  

Gotta get off here and do some real work.  If you know some better Bama boards, pm me, and I'll see what else I can stir up.  

Nutt is an embarrassment....Plain and simple....

BigDeal

Quote from: woodhog14 on February 27, 2007, 02:24:16 pm

"I asked what they meant, and they answered, 'Ya'll have won three Western Division titles and been to Atlanta twice, and we haven't been there in 11 or so years. We want to do that.' I asked them to come to Arkansas and repeat their feelings."

That's funny.  He said Bama hasn't been to the SECCG in 11 years??? Bama went to the SECCG in 1999 and BEAT Florida 34-7. That was only seven years ago.  Dale never ceases to amaze me.  Not only has Bama been to Atlanta in the past 7 years, they WON the SEC Championship when they did go in '99, and they should have gone to the SECCG in 2002 when we did, but they were on probation(with a 6-2 SEC record compared to our 5-3 record and them smoking us in Fayetteville 30-12 earlier in the year), so we snuck in the back door with a little miracle on markham.  Dale is a moron.

If you read it closely, Coach Nutt was only repeating what two Alabama alumini told him. Apparently, THEY relayed to Coach Nutt the wrong information. Besides, this is a nick picky thing to try and pen on Nutt, IMO.

LSUFan

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on February 27, 2007, 11:50:55 am
Haven't seen this posted. On Texarkana fish fry last night. If already posted...Sorry.

-Claims Alabama fans love him
-Claims internet rumors can't be proven and those making claims run from them when confronted

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2007/02/27/local_news/sports/sports01.txt
Providing non responsive answers to direct questions, is that not "running"?

hog_fan

Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 02:39:11 pm

“I asked what they meant, and they answered, ‘Ya’ll have won three Western Division titles and been to Atlanta twice, and we haven’t been there in 11 or so years. We want to do that.’ I asked them to come to Arkansas and repeat their feelings.”

If you read it closely, Coach Nutt was only repeating what two Alabama alumini told him. Apparently, THEY relayed to Coach Nutt the wrong information. Besides, this is a nick picky thing to try and pen on Nutt, IMO.

He actually believes it is what is sad. Bama fans were ready to kill themselves at Nutt name even be mentioned.

woodhog14

Quote from: hog_fan on February 27, 2007, 02:45:08 pm
Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 02:39:11 pm

He actually believes it is what is sad. Bama fans were ready to kill themselves at Nutt name even be mentioned.

Exactly hogfan.  That's my point, Dale actually believes that...oh and that when Bama did go to the SECCG last they won it!!!

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: LSUFan on February 27, 2007, 02:43:38 pm
Providing non responsive answers to direct questions, is that not "running"?
Yep...BTW, LSU--do you think the good folks in Baton Rouge regret not throwing the bank at HDN when Saban left?..I mean, they are further south--surely he would have had unfathomable success there by now.  (as if they haven't had enough)

JDHogg

If Nutt is a better coach the further south he goes, why is he 0-for in Gainesville, Baton Rouge, Athens and Atlanta?
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: JDHogg on February 27, 2007, 02:49:29 pm
If Nutt is a better coach the further south he goes, why is he 0-for in Gainesville, Baton Rouge, Athens and Atlanta?
But they've come so close.

Dbl D

In his mind negative email only travels in only 1 direction.