Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt: I'm a better coach the further south I go

Started by Mr. Prozac, February 27, 2007, 11:50:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNuttz

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on February 27, 2007, 02:49:18 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on February 27, 2007, 02:43:38 pm
Providing non responsive answers to direct questions, is that not "running"?
Yep...BTW, LSU--do you think the good folks in Baton Rouge regret not throwing the bank at HDN when Saban left?..I mean, they are further south--surely he would have had unfathomable success there by now.  (as if they haven't had enough)

Miami had an opening this last season.  What happened there?  It doesn't get any farther South than that.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

davis01

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on February 27, 2007, 11:50:55 am
Haven't seen this posted. On Texarkana fish fry last night. If already posted...Sorry.

-Claims Alabama fans love him
-Claims internet rumors can't be proven and those making claims run from them when confronted

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2007/02/27/local_news/sports/sports01.txt
That's why Wally challenged him to an open debate and he never responded.

Ā 

hogsrmyfav36

Why were Alabama alumni there when he picked up his award?
F&*!NG INTRANET

kgr

Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 02:39:11 pm
Quote from: woodhog14 on February 27, 2007, 02:24:16 pm
Quote from: PinkPig on February 27, 2007, 12:09:31 pm

"I asked what they meant, and they answered, 'Ya'll have won three Western Division titles and been to Atlanta twice, and we haven't been there in 11 or so years. We want to do that.' I asked them to come to Arkansas and repeat their feelings."

That's funny.  He said Bama hasn't been to the SECCG in 11 years??? Bama went to the SECCG in 1999 and BEAT Florida 34-7. That was only seven years ago.  Dale never ceases to amaze me.  Not only has Bama been to Atlanta in the past 7 years, they WON the SEC Championship when they did go in '99, and they should have gone to the SECCG in 2002 when we did, but they were on probation(with a 6-2 SEC record compared to our 5-3 record and them smoking us in Fayetteville 30-12 earlier in the year), so we snuck in the back door with a little miracle on markham.  Dale is a moron.

If you read it closely, Coach Nutt was only repeating what two Alabama alumini told him. Apparently, THEY relayed to Coach Nutt the wrong information. Besides, this is a nick picky thing to try and pen on Nutt, IMO.

They could have been

A.  Not alabama alums

B.  Jerking his chain

C.  He could be not telling the truth.

I go for C.

hogsrmyfav36

Quote from: kgr on February 27, 2007, 03:00:26 pm
Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 02:39:11 pm
Quote from: woodhog14 on February 27, 2007, 02:24:16 pm
Quote from: PinkPig on February 27, 2007, 12:09:31 pm

“I asked what they meant, and they answered, ‘Ya’ll have won three Western Division titles and been to Atlanta twice, and we haven’t been there in 11 or so years. We want to do that.’ I asked them to come to Arkansas and repeat their feelings.”

That's funny.  He said Bama hasn't been to the SECCG in 11 years??? Bama went to the SECCG in 1999 and BEAT Florida 34-7. That was only seven years ago.  Dale never ceases to amaze me.  Not only has Bama been to Atlanta in the past 7 years, they WON the SEC Championship when they did go in '99, and they should have gone to the SECCG in 2002 when we did, but they were on probation(with a 6-2 SEC record compared to our 5-3 record and them smoking us in Fayetteville 30-12 earlier in the year), so we snuck in the back door with a little miracle on markham.  Dale is a moron.

If you read it closely, Coach Nutt was only repeating what two Alabama alumini told him. Apparently, THEY relayed to Coach Nutt the wrong information. Besides, this is a nick picky thing to try and pen on Nutt, IMO.

They could have been

A.  Not alabama alums

B.  Jerking his chain

C.  He could be not telling the truth.

I go for C.

I agree.  It fits too well with his previous comments about "I bet Alabama would love to trade places with us!"

F&*!NG INTRANET

LSUFan

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on February 27, 2007, 02:49:18 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on February 27, 2007, 02:43:38 pm
Providing non responsive answers to direct questions, is that not "running"?
Yep...BTW, LSU--do you think the good folks in Baton Rouge regret not throwing the bank at HDN when Saban left?..I mean, they are further south--surely he would have had unfathomable success there by now.  (as if they haven't had enough)
There would have been mass suicides.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: LA HAWG on February 27, 2007, 11:52:25 am
Yeah, those Alabama fans threatened all out mutiny when HDN was mentioned as a candidate for their head coaching position.

I was down in Tuscaloosa on 2/24 and My big hog tag on the front of my truck caught alot of attention when I pulled into peoples' yards to survey Hail damage... Let me tell you of the 114 homes I visited 7 asked me why people here hated HDN so much. I told them about the emails, the OC and 2 players lost; and every single one of them said they wish he was at Alabama, but they would rather have Saban...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

chaoticfun

I wonder if it ever crossed Nutt's mind that the sellout was due to folks wanting to see how many times he would manage to open his mouth and shoot himself in the foot? 
They apparently need these fundraising events to have the funds for the athletic department, but its at these same events that the administration (AD) and coach (HDN) manage to cause more controversy than anything else.  I thought the point of these events was to raise money, not give the media and fans more reason to doubt our football program!  Its sad when two men are so caught up in thier own ego filled world that they can't seem to see past themselves at all nor recognize when they are setting themselves up for a fall. 

Full-Tilt-Porker

If he goes too far south he is going to run into the fence they are going to build at the Mexican boarder.  He will probably like that though because he like building fences.

Quote from: JDHogg on February 27, 2007, 02:49:29 pm
If Nutt is a better coach the further south he goes, why is he 0-for in Gainesville, Baton Rouge, Athens and Atlanta?

BartIV

neblon

Quote from: razornole on February 27, 2007, 12:03:06 pm
do they have a team at the south pole? 

The good ol' U of A   (University of Antartica)

Pork Salad Annie

cbjagman

Quote from: Full-Tilt-Porker on February 27, 2007, 04:22:09 pm
If he goes too far south he is going to run into the fence they are going to build at the Mexican boarder.  He will probably like that though because he like building fences.

If Nutt is a better coach the further south he goes, why is he 0-for in Gainesville, Baton Rouge, Athens and Atlanta?
Problem is that the fence along the border has about as many holes as the one that he's built around the state. Man, both resemble swiss cheese!

Ā 

xteri

Dorkus? There will be a meeting to discuss this next year.

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

"Having Broyles in his corner is more important than 10,000 negative emails", Nutt said.

I can't believe he even had the "NUTTS" to mention anything about negative e-mails - it only takes one to ruin ya BRUTHA!!!!!!!

BaggerHog

Quote from: scootman on February 27, 2007, 01:35:46 pm
You should note that he never said the rumours weren't true, just that we couldn't prove them! I think that speaks volumes.
Hey, thats right. I didn't catch that. Thanks for pointing it out. +1

eclipse

Quote from: davis01 on February 27, 2007, 02:58:04 pm
Haven't seen this posted. On Texarkana fish fry last night. If already posted...Sorry.

-Claims internet rumors can't be proven and those making claims run from them when confronted

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2007/02/27/local_news/sports/sports01.txt
That's why Wally challenged him to an open debate and he never responded.

This is what needs to happen.  Have him sit down with Wally or Mike for an open debate.  No prescripted questions, just ask and answer.  He would fail and he knows it.   

I LMAO when I heard him say that people ran from him and the "truth".. HDN wouldn't know the truth if it ran him over 10 times.

razorbackmkh

im all for trading alabamas coach for ours. then they can "do what we do"
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

FrankBoaryles

Well so far this season he's dogged Bama, Auburn, and LSU about not playing in Atlanta this year.  I've never heard a coach give the opposition so much bulletin board material in one offseason.

Since 1894

Quote from: mikeirwin on February 27, 2007, 01:51:45 pm
Nutt is attacking messages boards with sweeping generalizations.
Since this is the largest Razorback message board by far and the 8th largest fan board in the nation I don't think it's insignificant that we have limited criticism of him to his professional life only.
As far as I can determine he's also off base is suggesting that his family has been attacked.
We do not allow that either.

8th Largest!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That says something!
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Chief Mac

Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 12:18:51 pm
I can tell you for a fact that I am from Southeast Arkansas and Coach Nutt is VERY much appreciated down there!

I'm sure you do Bigdeal.  "Houston, I don't know how to quit you."
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Chief Mac

Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 12:39:49 pm
Quote from: Ironhawg on February 27, 2007, 12:36:00 pm
Quote from: HoggieStyle on February 27, 2007, 12:27:12 pm
It just occurred to me that the "better coach the further south I go" thing may be yet another shot at Springdale/NWA. What a goober.

I'm from NWA and that is kind of how I took this comment.  I had decided to just let things die, accept HDN as our coach and drive on, but every time I do that he comes out with some stuff like this.  Since when is a coach taking shots at the fans a good idea?

I think some people may be taking this the wrong way. It seems to me Coach Nutt wanted to show his love for the fans down there. Nothing more, nothing less. As a matter of fact, I appreciate his sense of humor through this ordeal.  My advice would be show Coach Nutt he is appreciated in NWA as well.

I'll show him how much I "appreciate" him when his butt is fired.  I'll chip in on a moving van for him!
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

psychopig

Just when I thought I could not like him any less, he goes and opens his mouth again!

samske

The Alabama fan..wasn't a University of Alabama fan...it was an Alabama citizen who's an Auburn fan.  Yes, the Auburn fan wanted him hired at Alabammy so they could whup up on them.

Ā 

HawgWyld

Here's a fun activity for you folks. Read that article a couple of times and then ponder this question -- "Just what the hell is wrong with Houston Nutt?"

He's completely lost touch with reality, that one. If his particular psychosis develops a bit more, he can honestly call himself "Crazy Houston" when he answers his true calling and starts selling used cars.

HawgWyld

Quote from: anonyhog on February 27, 2007, 07:54:57 pm
Dorkus? There will be a meeting to discuss this next year.
Yep. Opineswine messed up -- a few seniors might pull him aside and "encourage" him to offer a suitable apology and grovel a bit at the feet of the beloved Houston.

Fayetnam

He is definately insulting those of us in NWA! Guess we don't know what a good coach is then! :-\

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: Since 1894 on February 27, 2007, 09:03:10 pm

8th Largest!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That says something!
Yep...As JFB said, we're 8th in everything.

razornole

Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

Pork Salad Annie

"I'm a better coach the further south I go".

Nutt is back in fruitcake territory with that one.

PigSue-E

How can U of A keep this f*ckin moron after saying that????  I mean, if Bob Stoops was at a calf-fry in Texas and muttered such utter s**t as this they'd can his ass so fast his head would spin.  This is honestly pathetic, just pathetic.  He's a loser of immense proportions.

6HogsinGA

"It is because of my family and the terrible rumors, vicious remarks that you know are lies on the Internet," Nutt said. "It's sad, but I know that's not the true Razorback fans. Everytime we tried to face one of those remarks, they couldn't prove it, and would run from it. It makes you sick, but you keep going because of the kids you've recruited."

What rumors who is running away from a thorough explanation besides him?

kgr

Those rumors can really mess you up.

He is probably believing all the b.s. that Rick and Chuck spout on the air in his support.  Delusions of Grandeur anyone? 

HogNuttz

Quote from: Full-Tilt-Porker on February 27, 2007, 04:22:09 pm
If he goes too far south he is going to run into the fence they are going to build at the Mexican boarder.  He will probably like that though because he likes building fences he doesn't have to build, and a fanbase that doesn't speak english.

Fixed that for ya.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

TOM "tbw1"

I can state for a fact that Houston is much wanted by many schools in the South.

Wiggins High School Mississippi

Bucker High School Louisiana

Demopolis High School Alabama
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

CyberHog

Quote from: kgr on February 28, 2007, 08:31:13 am
Those rumors can really mess you up.

He is probably believing all the b.s. that Rick and Chuck spout on the air in his support.  Delusions of Grandeur anyone? 

I think you are right. He's a legend in his own mind.

RazorRaider

Quote from: Pork Salad Annie on February 28, 2007, 12:33:42 am
"I'm a better coach the further south I go".

Nutt is back in fruitcake territory with that one.

When did he ever leave the fruitcake territory?
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: opineonswine on March 01, 2007, 07:36:39 pm
Quote from: kgr on February 28, 2007, 08:31:13 am
[/quote

In their defense, they aren't saying anything he hasn't already said about himself.

Obviously full of himself...........like Nero. What is he doing while Rome(the Hill) burns? Dancing a jig in anticipation of his annuity?

Just my take.
Go Hogs Go!

prairiehogcompanion

When there's an opening, Nutt should obviously move to Magnolia and seek to become head coach at Southern Arkansas.

RazorRaider

Surely there is a band director's position at some school south of here he could apply for isn't there?
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

chrismo

Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 12:18:51 pm
I can tell you for a fact that I am from Southeast Arkansas and Coach Nutt is VERY much appreciated down there!

i can tell you for a fact that your southeast arkansas is different than mine

msudawgs64

so it's true...

He is crazier than a sack of rabid weasels.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

d1nonlyhogfan

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

msudawgs64

I just read that entire thing and tears were running down my face from laughing so hard.  And that was just the Texarkana article. The one in your link put me over the edge..LOL
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

AHogalypto

When will Nutt ever shut his trap? The guys is losing it, seriously. Everytime he talks, he just embarrasses our school and state more and more. Oh and yes Houston, the "innernets" are just full of lies aren't they? What about you saying Malzhan could run his HUNH? Or that you got along just fine? Yeah...we're the liars alright.

jackel1h

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on March 01, 2007, 07:52:36 pm
When there's an opening, Nutt should obviously move to Magnolia and seek to become head coach at Southern Arkansas.

There are quite a few people around Magnolia who do not want him down here.
If your not the lead dog........The view never changes.

razornole

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 01, 2007, 10:05:02 pm
Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 01, 2007, 08:50:48 pm
Quote from: msudawgs64 on March 01, 2007, 08:49:42 pm
so it's true...

He is crazier than a sack of rabid weasels.
Bingo!

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=19

Take notice.  That was a February 2005 article.

what was the date of some recruit calling him a dork?  They called him much worse and like the kid nailed it.
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

d1nonlyhogfan

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Justme

Quote from: jackel1h on March 01, 2007, 09:55:44 pm
Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on March 01, 2007, 07:52:36 pm

There are quite a few people around Magnolia who do not want him down here.
Others in southwest Arkansas don't want him either!