Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt: I'm a better coach the further south I go

Started by Mr. Prozac, February 27, 2007, 11:50:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Prozac

Haven't seen this posted. On Texarkana fish fry last night. If already posted...Sorry.

-Claims Alabama fans love him
-Claims internet rumors can't be proven and those making claims run from them when confronted

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2007/02/27/local_news/sports/sports01.txt

hogsrmyfav36

Yeah, I'm sure they love him so much they would prefer him over Saban...whatever
F&*!NG INTRANET

LA HAWG

Yeah, those Alabama fans threatened all out mutiny when HDN was mentioned as a candidate for their head coaching position.

HoggieStyle

He's already gone so far south that there ain't much room left.

Bama...yeah...

Nobody here's running.

wincrimson

Alabama fans love him?  What a [CENSORED].  We were prepared to commit mass suicide if he was hired as our next head coach.  Not that we really ever believed he would be hired, though.

Talk about one egotistical SOB...

weresoclose

February 27, 2007, 11:55:29 am #5 Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:31:54 pm by weresoclose
Quote from: wincrimson on February 27, 2007, 11:53:21 am
Alabama fans love him?  What a dummy.  We were prepared to commit mass suicide if he was hired as our next head coach.  Not that we really ever believed he would be hired, though.

There you have it, Houston.  Sorry about the misunderstanding.

pork-e-pine

Maybe the university of Peru is looking for a new football coach.
Imagine how good he could be.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

kgr

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: kgr on February 27, 2007, 11:57:30 am
It just further proves my signature line.
That's why you're quoted in mine as well...

kgr

And for tht
Quote from: Mr. Prozac on February 27, 2007, 11:59:13 am
[/quote
Quote from: Mr. Prozac on February 27, 2007, 11:59:13 am

And for that honor, I thank you.

razornole

Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

The bama-fan story sound made up to anybody else?  Somehow these Bama fans keep track of how many western division 'titles' Arkansas has won, but can't remember how long it has been since they went to Atlanta?  Riiiiight.....  Sounds like another nuttyism to me.

HogHillbilly

Trying to prop himself up for some reason...........
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: kgr on February 27, 2007, 12:00:16 pm

And for that honor, I thank you.
It's a good quote...Cutting, yet in a "biblical" sort of way.

kgr

PinkPig

February 27, 2007, 12:09:31 pm #15 Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:16:51 pm by PinkPig
Oh, this is rich!  Thanks for posting this link.  For everyone's reading pleasure, here are some excerpts:

"You know what's good is that I find out I'm a better coach the farther south I go," Nutt said. "When I went to Atlanta to pick up the coach of the year award, I had two Alabama alumni tell me, 'I wish we could do what ya'll do. I wish we could do what Arkansas does.'

"I asked what they meant, and they answered, 'Ya'll have won three Western Division titles and been to Atlanta twice, and we haven't been there in 11 or so years. We want to do that.' I asked them to come to Arkansas and repeat their feelings."

It's remarkable that Nutt wants to remain at Arkansas, considering everything he and his family have endured the past few weeks. He wasn't hurting for enthusiasm Monday night, but admitted that recent circumstances had made this the "worst year" of his life.

"It is because of my family and the terrible rumors, vicious remarks that you know are lies on the Internet," Nutt said. "It's sad, but I know that's not the true Razorback fans. Everytime we tried to face one of those remarks, they couldn't prove it, and would run from it. It makes you sick, but you keep going because of the kids you've recruited."

. . .

There's evidence that the departure of Malzahn and the players left wounds, but they're healing according to Nutt. It cost the Razorbacks at least one recruit to Alabama.

"Mustain and Williams leaving hurt us a little bit," Nutt acknowledged. "You could tell when you went into some (potential recruits') living rooms that there were some doubts. But what's good is that the players we did get will really be pretty good in two or three years. They're good, quality kids. We had 18 commitments when this thing broke, and we only lost one."

My comment:  Well, we may not have to worry about firing HDN, after all.  Looks like he has had a complete psychotic break with reality, and we can go visit him in his padded room.

BTW, I can't wait to email this idiocy to the Bama fans in my family. 

"Censorship of anything, at any time, in any place, on whatever pretense, has always been and always will be the last resort of the boob and the bigot."
― Eugene O'Neill

HogHillbilly

He's always 3 or 4 plays away from something..................When does it happen Nutter Butter ?
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

SteelShot

I wonder if he got any questions about Mallet at the fish fry being in Texarkana.

The Alabama fan quote is great, classic Nutt. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

EastexHawg

It's too bad we can't have a head coach who doesn't have to look for pockets of support in certain sections of the state.

Thank you, PTB.

As for the "Alabama fans love him" stuff...wow.  All I can say is...

LMAO!!!

hog_fan

he said they recruited the other guy when asked about mallett(Assume he meant Burns)

d1nonlyhogfan

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

cbjagman

Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on February 27, 2007, 11:52:12 am
Yeah, I'm sure they love him so much they would prefer him over Saban...whatever
Exactly the point I was going to make. If it's true that 'Bama loves HDN so much how come they apparently never contacted him when the HC job came open recently? Perhaps the answer is (take your choice): 1. 'Bama knew that if hired Houston would eventually surpass the beloved Bear in wins and NCs and the thought to the Tide faithful was just too much to face; 2) A contract just couldn't be worked out that would pay Houston what he's truly worth; 3) HDN loves Arkansas and the helmet that he just couldn't stand the thought of leaving us. 4) Houston's agent, who also represents Saban, needed for Lou to get another better paying job this year so that he(Sexton) could get his "performance bonus" 5) Houston honestly misunderstood the calls and letters from 'Bama faithful. What he initally thought were pleas for HDN to come and save the Alabama program actually turned out to be pleas by them for him to stay here so they wouldn't have to put up with his dramatics and soap opera.

WILL CLINTON

I can't ever see a Bama fan uttering those words.

"We wish we could do what Arkansas does."

Not ever, no way, no how, in a million years, does a Crimson Tide let those words roll out of his mouth. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

BigDeal

I can tell you for a fact that I am from Southeast Arkansas and Coach Nutt is VERY much appreciated down there!

King-Tusk

nutt said it, I don't believe it.

I doubt Bama fans would be keeping up with our titles or in particular, keeping up with nutt's "success." 
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

PinkPig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 27, 2007, 11:58:06 am
Quote from: wincrimson on February 27, 2007, 11:53:21 am
Alabama fans love him?  What a dummy.  We were prepared to commit mass suicide if he was hired as our next head coach.  Not that we really ever believed he would be hired, though.

Have you or anyone else posted this article link on ALL of the bama boards ? I want to see their response  ;D

Oh, boy, me, too!  
"Censorship of anything, at any time, in any place, on whatever pretense, has always been and always will be the last resort of the boob and the bigot."
― Eugene O'Neill

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: cbjagman on February 27, 2007, 12:17:50 pm
Exactly the point I was going to make. If it's true that 'Bama loves HDN so much how come they apparently never contacted him when the HC job came open recently? Perhaps the answer is (take your choice): 1. 'Bama knew that if hired Houston would eventually surpass the beloved Bear in wins and NCs and the thought to the Tide faithful was just too much to face; 2) A contract just couldn't be worked out that would pay Houston what he's truly worth; 3) HDN loves Arkansas and the helmet that he just couldn't stand the thought of leaving us. 4) Houston's agent, who also represents Saban, needed for Lou to get another better paying job this year so that he(Sexton) could get his "performance bonus" 5) Houston honestly misunderstood the calls and letters from 'Bama faithful. What he initally thought were pleas for HDN to come and save the Alabama program actually turned out to be pleas by them for him to stay here so they wouldn't have to put up with his dramatics and soap opera.
And how come their message boards were full of fans' comments such as, "I'd rather slide naked down a giant razor into a pool of alcohol than have Nutt as our HC".
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

hog_fan

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 12:18:51 pm
I can tell you for a fact that I am from Southeast Arkansas and Coach Nutt is VERY much appreciated down there!
Oh, you mean they haven't found the "Innernets" yet?

razornole

well um .... gee...   got it!  I beleive him when he says last year was the worst year of his life, snap that means it isn't only about W and Ls

pretty much everything I think is bs

Mr. Hog

What he didn't say was the folks from Alabama are kin-folk, I wish he would try even farther south it's nice down there, Please leave HDN your integrity is at an all time low on the Hog meter !!!!!!
Go Hogs Go!

PinkPig

Quote from: cbjagman on February 27, 2007, 12:17:50 pm

Yes, your comments are just as factual as Nutt's statements, I am sure.
― Eugene O'Neill

hog_fan

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on February 27, 2007, 12:20:20 pm
he should move down there and become SAU coach.

razornole

Mr. Prozac

Does the Univerity of South Alabama need a football coach?..Sounds like an ideal fit.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Wow.  I just saved this article to my hard drive.  It'll be a lot cheaper than a stomach pumping, assuming that time would ever come.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hog_fan on February 27, 2007, 12:21:49 pm
Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on February 27, 2007, 12:20:20 pm
he should move down there and become SAU coach.

Why do you wish bad fortune on another school?  SAU doesn't need a Nutt down there. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

JDHogg

My entire family is too.  I can guarantee you that a great many there DO NOT. 
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

kitshicker

If that's the case, he should pack up and go to South America. He could be the bestest coach there ever was!! ;)

HoggieStyle

It just occurred to me that the "better coach the further south I go" thing may be yet another shot at Springdale/NWA. What a goober.

Frank and Swine

Having been in SE Arkansas, I can appreciate how it takes very little to impress you.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: HoggieStyle on February 27, 2007, 12:27:12 pm
It just occurred to me that the "better coach the further south I go" thing may be yet another shot at Springdale/NWA. What a goober.
I didn't even think of that--I was too caught up in the Alabama reference. You very well may be right.

jabohog

Quote from: PinkPig on February 27, 2007, 12:09:31 pm
Oh, this is rich!  Thanks for posting this link.  For everyone's reading pleasure, here are some excerpts:

"You know what's good is that I find out I'm a better coach the farther south I go," Nutt said. "When I went to Atlanta to pick up the coach of the year award, I had two Alabama alumni tell me, 'I wish we could do what ya'll do. I wish we could do what Arkansas does.'

"I asked what they meant, and they answered, 'Ya'll have won three Western Division titles and been to Atlanta twice, and we haven't been there in 11 or so years. We want to do that.' I asked them to come to Arkansas and repeat their feelings."

It's remarkable that Nutt wants to remain at Arkansas, considering everything he and his family have endured the past few weeks. He wasn't hurting for enthusiasm Monday night, but admitted that recent circumstances had made this the "worst year" of his life.

"It is because of my family and the terrible rumors, vicious remarks that you know are lies on the Internet," Nutt said. "It's sad, but I know that's not the true Razorback fans. Everytime we tried to face one of those remarks, they couldn't prove it, and would run from it. It makes you sick, but you keep going because of the kids you've recruited."

. . .

There's evidence that the departure of Malzahn and the players left wounds, but they're healing according to Nutt. It cost the Razorbacks at least one recruit to Alabama.

"Mustain and Williams leaving hurt us a little bit," Nutt acknowledged. "You could tell when you went into some (potential recruits') living rooms that there were some doubts. But what's good is that the players we did get will really be pretty good in two or three years. They're good, quality kids. We had 18 commitments when this thing broke, and we only lost one."

My comment:  Well, we may not have to worry about firing HDN, after all.  Looks like he has had a complete psychotic break with reality, and we can go visit him in his padded room.

BTW, I can't wait to email this idiocy to the Bama fans in my family. 

I would like to know more about this. Who they confronted about rumors? Anyone on this board?

hog_fan

if we are terrible fans why doesn't he leave. best job in the country where you can suck, lie and get paid a milion dollars.

Ironhawg

I'm from NWA and that is kind of how I took this comment.  I had decided to just let things die, accept HDN as our coach and drive on, but every time I do that he comes out with some stuff like this.  Since when is a coach taking shots at the fans a good idea?

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: jabohog on February 27, 2007, 12:31:07 pm

I would like to know more about this. Who they confronted about rumors? Anyone on this board?
Exactly...and what of the rumors that proved true?

PinkPig

Quote from: jabohog on February 27, 2007, 12:31:07 pm
Quote from: PinkPig on February 27, 2007, 12:09:31 pm

. . .

. . .

JaboHog, I suspect that claim is just another one of HDN's whopping lies.
― Eugene O'Neill

BigDeal

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 27, 2007, 12:36:00 pm

I'm from NWA and that is kind of how I took this comment.  I had decided to just let things die, accept HDN as our coach and drive on, but every time I do that he comes out with some stuff like this.  Since when is a coach taking shots at the fans a good idea?

I think some people may be taking this the wrong way. It seems to me Coach Nutt wanted to show his love for the fans down there. Nothing more, nothing less. As a matter of fact, I appreciate his sense of humor through this ordeal.  My advice would be show Coach Nutt he is appreciated in NWA as well.

PinkPig

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 27, 2007, 12:36:00 pm

Like I said, looks like HDN has gone flat-out nuts (pun intended).
― Eugene O'Neill

jabohog

Quote from: hog_fan on February 27, 2007, 12:33:02 pm
if we are terrible fans why doesn't he leave. best job in the country where you can suck, lie and get paid a milion dollars.
Not only do you get all this, but you get to thumb your nose at the fans and they still show up and fill RRS up. It just don't get no better than that.
As for going south, I can think of a further south than any other place he can go to.