NO, Give him a contract extension
15 (2.5%)
YES, BUT Only if Houston Nutt gets fired
87 (14.3%)
OTHER
5 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 564

Pigskin_Porker

So what do ya'll think?  I say fire Stan Heath at the end of the year.
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

texhog

The year is over for all intent and purposes.  Might as well let him finish what he started then let him go the day after they lose their first NIT game.

JusPiggin

FIRE STAN HEATH NOW   we should have never ever hired this lack of coaching talent in the first place he was unproven   PU  just dont get me started

elksnort

Give him one more year???/

No, don't give him one more month.

football17

STAN IS DONE... it's over... period... done... trust me :)

lrar1974

Should we even have to ask this question?

Erockster20

Yes. But it won't happen now. Not without a true AD.

razorson

DSmithNPS

He has not convinced me of ANYTHING since he came to Arkansas...No I take that back, he has convinced me he CAN NOT WIN. Wrong mentality, wrong coaching, wrong man. He gave it his best shot and he is in over his head.

Fayetteville needs to cut its loses and and release this man and find someone who can MOTIVATE his players, teach them better basics, andbring the basketball mystique back to the great state of ARKANSAS!

Brand X Hog Fan

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

razorbeck

He needs to go way before Houston Nutt needs to go.

TRUHOG718

They are playing the real men of genius commercial. I for one would like to salute you MR GOOD TALENT, NO FIRE UNDERACHIEVER. you single handedly have created subpar expectations on the Hill.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

ICEman

Mike Nail sounds verklempt on the Radio postgame.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

MHHog

I just don't see how Heath can be fired without Nutt getting the same treatment. This will cause way too much turmoil in terms of race and unfair treatment of Coaches compared to Nutt.

hog caller

NIT who in the world wants to go to the NIT?

Juicemeister

I love all the "FIRE HEATH" posts that come after a loss.

Pigskin_Porker

"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

stormurr

pigfeet

I think with our current football situation, we should FIRE NUTT before Heath. Wait 1 day and then FIRE HEATH.

LightHog

I've studied this situation and have tried to give Stan every benefit of any doubt, but I've finally reached what I believe is the bottom line.  Stan just isn't the coach we need.  We need to find a fired up replacement.

elksnort

Quote from: razorbeck on February 21, 2007, 09:26:26 pm
He needs to go way before Houston Nutt needs to go.
Dear God my man I've been saying the same thing.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: MHHog on February 21, 2007, 09:27:57 pm
I just don't see how Heath can be fired without Nutt getting the same treatment. This will cause way too much turmoil in terms of race and unfair treatment of Coaches compared to Nutt.

Apples to Oranges. Stan is too classy to play the race card. He has to know he has underachieved. Nutt, for all his failings has the numbers on his side for this year and the excuses to back up his losing seasons. Stan has reached his plateau.

Quote from: hog caller on February 21, 2007, 09:28:39 pm
NIT who in the world wants to go to the NIT?

The team needs the NIT for experience. As I said in an earlier thread, Stan need not make the trip.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

helmet

Quote from: MHHog on February 21, 2007, 09:27:57 pm
Why do you say that? Heath sucks worse than HDN!! That is saying alot, would love for both of them to be fired on the same day. Oh well , will probably have to keep him around for some contrived pc reason. The passion is being sucked out of this athletic program bit by bit.

rude1

You have to let the guy finish the season to have ample opportunity to make that one end of the season magical run. Of course at this point I think we can all agree there is slim to no chance of him capturing lightening in a bottle with this team. Heath's career IMHO will go down as a "one hit wonder". Had that one magical season with Kent St., when the players took it upon themselves to not listen to him and get it done themselves. Only we found out too late thats what triggered that run.

Erockster20

At least Nutt has won something. Heath before Nutt. Not but not long before.

Hogsfoot

News flash Stan fired on flight back ,catch the rest of story in ADG

UAfan

Those of you who voted one more year...please tell me why?

Hogsfoot

rebelhogdog

Give him till the end of the year and lets go get Anderson from Mizzou so we can at least have some excitenment back into basketball, at least it will be fun to watch, I'm sick of Stans Big 10 B-Ball crap  :puke:

elksnort

Quote from: UAfan on February 21, 2007, 09:41:46 pm
It is polite of you to ask why. I am going to request that I am not told why. I don't want to hear it.

hogsailor

I have always supported Heath. Some of you talk about integrity, Heath has it.
He's just not a D1 coach. He tried it and he failed. Time to move on.
Being a coach who can't cut it in the SEC doesn't make you a bad person or that you s^ck as some on here like to think. He got in above his head here and now he needs to move on.
He has improved every season he's been here, except this one. He just hasn't improved enough with the talent he has.
Does Heath need to go, yes. Does it need to be ugly, No.

I feel so much better now taking a shower after that game...

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

jmark

I wouldn't mind giving Stan another year even if it was just to say "thanks" for not getting involved with Houston's fiasco.  I have met and talked with him at the Allstar Arena.  He is an outstanding person with integrity, something missing for the football coach.  I feel sorry that the season isn't going well and Stan is caught in the middle of Hog fans dismay over being told by Frank to gladly accept mediocrity.  If fans could overlook the blackeye Houston has given the program, I think we could give Stan another year.  His team has a lot of talent.  They are kids he recruited.  Most will be seniors.   

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

helmet

We do not need to keep Stan. Why delay the inevitable. He will not be a success next season either.

ishankem

i don't think kent state won because of stan heath his last and only year there. they won in spite of him.  he was just along for the ride.  i think he was mainly a recruiter as an assistant at michigan state. he just got in way over his head. he needs to go somewhere and be somebody's chief recruiter as an assistant, and i'm sure he will and he will do a good job. i don't think he has any business being a top D1 head coach.  when this season is over, he needs to be fired, and we need to get a proven, big name coach.  NO MORE UP & COMERS!!

Hog Fan from Camden

I like Stan, but it is time for him to go.  Sort of like HDN after 2005 and 2006!  Anything else would be just wrong!

jmark

Ishankem and HogDog your right. 

I hate it, but Stan is over his head.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

hawgfan_18

although i'm a nutt hater i totally support heath.  his teams have improved every year.  and he's a great recruiter.

RedRock

The question is, who is really coaching the BB team.  IMO, I see Dan interacting with players more than Heath during TO's.  Let's face it, Heath is a good assistant but a lousy HC.  Absolutely nothing wrong with being an assistant coach.

maxsl8er

Quote from: UAfan on February 21, 2007, 09:41:46 pm

No more coaches hired under Broyles. Fire Nutt after he loses next year's bowl game. Fire Heath anytime after that. One more crappy year won't be so bad after all the letdowns we've had to endure over the past few years. Gives us some time to go after good coaches.

ishankem

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on February 21, 2007, 10:47:55 pm
although i'm a nutt hater i totally support heath.  his teams have improved every year.  and he's a great recruiter.

what's the use of having a great recruiter if you can't coach them to win games? we should not just settle for a great recruiter, we need a great recruiter AND a great coach!

granny grunt

Come on....stay on subject...Fire Huston Nutt,  Fire Huston Nutt......

lrar1974

Quote from: ishankem on February 21, 2007, 11:11:17 pm
Quote from: hawgfan_18 on February 21, 2007, 10:47:55 pm

what's the use of having a great recruiter if you can't coach them to win games? we should not just settle for a great recruiter, we need a great recruiter AND a great coach!
Right, Houston has actually won something and Stan hasn't even come close to winning anything.

And yet you HATE Houston and support Stan? Oh yes because he improves every year. Well not this year. Bucknell will have to wait to beat our butt again until next year.

granny grunt

No,  I support him because he hasn't had to throw players and coaches under the bus to keep his job.... I think he should get a pass until the class-less football coach goes!!

lrar1974

Thrown under the Bus.. Almost as old as "Ummm I'll hang up and listen."

Pigskin_Porker

Quote from: granny grunt on February 21, 2007, 11:26:51 pm
No,  I support him because he hasn't had to throw players and coaches under the bus to keep his job.... I think he should get a pass until the class-less football coach goes!!

INTERESTING PERSPECTIVE EVEN THOUGH I DISAGREE.

Pignominious

Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on February 21, 2007, 11:40:16 pm
Quote from: granny grunt on February 21, 2007, 11:26:51 pm

INTERESTING PERSPECTIVE EVEN THOUGH I DISAGREE.

We shouldn't have to wait for a coach to throw his players under the bus for him to be fired.  Wether he keeps his job or not should depend on wins and lossses.  Integrity is apart of the coaching.  Which is why Houston should have been fired a long time ago.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

jkelly107

RunDMCforHeisman

It's all about coaching and that is it.  I don't care if he doesn't throw his players under the bus,.....HE CANNOT COACH!!  Oh but he's a good recruiter,....I....don't.....give.....a......F%#$!!!  Wins and losses in SEC and the SEC road record what an [CENSORED] joke.  Bye STAN!

NuttinItUp

Depends on if we make the tourney. There is still a slim chance. If no, then oust him.

Pigskin_Porker

Quote from: NuttinItUp on February 22, 2007, 12:46:36 am
Depends on if we make the tourney. There is still a slim chance. If no, then oust him.

I agree the chance is slim at best.  BUT if he can somehow win out and get to the big dance and win at least one game or make it to the sweet 16 then he should get 1 more year because it will be an improvement.  BUT that's not gonna happen so it'll be a moot point.

What we need to do is fork out however many millions it takes to lure Billy Gillispie away from Texas A & M before he gets to win his first of possibly multiple NCAA National Championships!!

Gillispie's record this year so far:

23-4, 11-2 (BIG 12)

He has a career record for 73-51, but is 67-25 in his last three seasons, including a 49-6 mark in home games. At A&M, Gillispie is 43-19.