Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Replacements for Nutt...

Started by gusaholic, February 18, 2007, 01:08:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

heinekenhary

Quote from: Hogoman on February 18, 2007, 07:57:46 pm
Quote from: gusaholic on February 18, 2007, 01:08:03 am
When need to get the list together.  Who is availabe or in position to bring in immediately?  From my sources this is absolutely critical for the buyout to occur.  Big $ are willing to be spent as long as there is a strong candidate.
Bama already got Saban. We don't have enough $ to do what they did, do we? No one is going to want to come here until FB is gone anyways.

Not true.  They have the $$ to do and spend whatever they want.  It's only a matter of what they are willing to spend.
And w/ JFB's date set, he won't be a factor to the next coach.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock

holtzhog

hog caller

Broyles isn't planning on replacing Nutt. Heck he gave him a raise and a contract extension.

darazorback

Quote from: markmchog on February 18, 2007, 01:16:30 am
I say make a play for Jimmy Johnson. If he knows Broyles is no longer calling the shots, who knows...

If not Jimmy, Gary Patterson could probably be lured away from TCU.

Kirk Ferentz at Iowa is a good coach as well.

If your serious about the $$$, then give Pete Carroll a call. He has proven he can recruit Arkansas ;D

So has Tuberville.

What really makes you really think we could get Ferentz? I live in Iowa and I can tell you he makes a little over 3 million a year, plus he is considered the almighty. He could be to Iowa what Broyles eventually become at Arkansas, before he become corrupt with tons of cronies.

Hogoman

Thanks, what a mess. Could we win the West again next year? I don't think we will. I don't think McFadden will win the Heisman next year either.  It's a shame.
I dont know who called that time out.

Hogoman

Quote from: gusaholic on February 18, 2007, 07:20:12 pm
Let me repeat, if a prime-time replacement is found--HDN is gone!
THERE'S NOTHING FALSE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. I AGREE! HOWEVER, LET ME POINT IT OUT, THE FIRST PART OF THE "IF" STATEMENT IS IMPOSSIBLE. NO ONE THAT IS PRIME TIME WILL COME HERE TO BEGIN WITH.
I dont know who called that time out.

online-with-swine

JFB hiring a big time coach here could be his great swan song.  It would be the last thing he would be remembered for and erase some of the recent stain of HDN from his blue dress.  I think there is a chance that JFB may want to get a new coach and restore his legacy.

darazorback

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 18, 2007, 05:55:38 am
last i heard we didnt  have an opening for head football coach at Arkansas
You would be shocked...Here there already has been proclaimed an opening. After all everyone here is part of the "administration" remember?!?!?!

gusisthecoach

HOW ABOUT DENNIS GREEN?  Great coach can get his own athelets and be able to coach the right way.  And they are who we thought they were. 

gusisthecoach

OR WE COULD GET BILL BATES.  GREAT MIKE SINGLETARY. 

WOULDNT THAT JUST GET THE OLD MANS GOAT.

rlamb

You Huggers on this thread seem like you really enjoy saying that Nuttless
is still sitting in that HC Office?  Don't you!  I guss you like lying, deceit, cowardice, passing the buck, arrogance, inability, goofiness and an eternal medicore record.

CheeZ_PuFF

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 18, 2007, 06:37:14 pm
Quote from: CheeZ_PuFF on February 18, 2007, 06:32:20 pm
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 18, 2007, 06:28:55 pm
Quote from: gusaholic on February 18, 2007, 01:08:03 am
When need to get the list together.  Who is availabe or in position to bring in immediately?  From my sources this is absolutely critical for the buyout to occur.  Big $ are willing to be spent as long as there is a strong candidate.

Why the hell would Stoops come to Arkansas. He wont leave OU for the NFL so why would he leave OU after going to a BCS game and coaching here?

Still playing the part of the proverbial broken record...........I say Mike Stoops would lift our program where we want it to be almost immediately...........and NO, we aren't related. :)

Just my take.

Cheese Puff.......wrong Stoops........Mike is at Arizona.......Bob is the Stoops at OU that won't go the NFL. Just FYI........trying to keep you straight here.

Thanks, looks like i wasnt paying enough attention.

Mike Stoops has done pretty well at Arizona. Better than i expected because Arizona isn't really known for football.

wacohog

Mike Stoops?? 6-6 last yr.  Why don't we aim just a bit higher this time.  Mike hasn't proven anything yet. Mike and Bob are brothers,  not clones.

Guy Morriss???  My god,  don't you think he ought to have a winning record at Baylor just ONCE before he is considered?

Dennis Green??  I have no idea where that came from.  Somebody explain this one to me,  if you don't mind.

Gus??  needs more experience before he is ready to be the head hog.  Maybe in 3 or so yrs.

wacohog

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on February 18, 2007, 08:38:44 pm
I said it when Alabama was looking at a coach...Jeff Tedford.

If we want a real offense that includes a passing game, get Jeff Tedford here.

6 QBs have went in the first round as a result of him.  That's about oh.....6 more than that Nutt can claim.

great choice...not likely to move,  but a great choice anyway

Quote from: owl on February 18, 2007, 07:11:23 am

Have you been in the sack with Rip Van Winkle? We are gonna' have one soon when we get the Nutt cracked.
Do you seriously believe that Nutt won't be the coach in 07, or do you just wish for that to be the case?

Quote from: arcowboy on February 18, 2007, 07:14:40 pm
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 18, 2007, 04:58:17 pm

Have you been in the sack with Rip Van Winkle? We are gonna' have one soon when we get the Nutt cracked.

i guess i have been stuck in the sack because the head football coach at Arkansas got a contract extension and a raise...he will be coaching the razorbacks on 07. Even if i was obvlivious to life and had been sleepin with rip, your post indicates "when we get the nutt cracked"...which simply says, he is still at Arkansas, therefore, using logic, i can deduce that Arkansas will not be hiring a new head coach when the current one is still in office. Nice try though with the rip van winkle comment.

Word from inside the University is that Nutt is gone. 
I'm sure that word is coming out of Yocum Hall.

Why don't we change the name of the thread to "What coach will 90% of this board think is a lying, medicore scumbag in 5 years?"

HogsGranpa

Quote from: Karma on February 18, 2007, 10:22:38 pm
Why don't we change the name of the thread to "What coach will 90% of this board think is a lying, medicore scumbag in 5 years?"
That would be a very interesting thread.

gusaholic

Believe me, it did not take HDN near that long to be mediocre and show his lack of character.

talon1961

Better drop your sights much lower.  I don't think any coach would want to come here with so many fans that trashmouth the coaches and players.  Loyal fans...BS. With all that has transpired "or conspired" up on the hill this year I'm amazed that any athlete would want to don the Razorback uniform. All the negativity has cost us some very good players.  I really look forward to seeing the new players "who truly want to be here" take the field.  Haters will always be haters, no matter who is in charge. I will still buy my tickets and wear my red and white "Hog stuff" and proudly call the hogs!
God is good all the time!

redbarn

Arkansas will probably have a good season in 2007 unless DeMac gets hurt.  As much as DeMac will carry the ball, his chances of staying healthy dramatically decrease.  Lose DeMac and suddenly the entire season changes.  Might not even have five wins.  If they have not gotten rid of Nutt if that scenario plays out, then it will just be that much harder to bring in a top notch coach.  Bring him in now and at least if the season goes downhill, let the new coach be set and ready to bring in some recruits to bring the program back.  Experience tells us that Nutt will not be able to do this.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

Jazorback

1 Gary Patterson
2 Jimmy Johnson
3 Steve Sarkisian
4 Larry Coker

Hoggingit

You don't have to worry about finding a coach to come to Arkansas...when Frank is out of the picture and word is out that he is really gone we can just about get anyone you like. You just wait and see.

BruceSwinesteen

blue

Great point hoggingit. I have thought that for several years.
I'll send you that stuff tommorow. I've been told I'm over the pm limit.

HAWGS

I personally think Jimmy Johnson is a great idea, Tedford would be good but I dont see him leaving Cal for here.  I find it funny people tossing around Carrol and names like that.  Its insane to think theyd leave where they are to come here.

I dont think Nutt will get canned, I wish he would but I doubt it.  Add in the fact we'll probly have 9+ wins again next year, he'll be back for 08 too.

If he does actually get the axe, we will be looking at 3 possibilities as next coaching possibilities IMO, mid major upstart, assistant, or someone currently not coaching.  Nobody in their right mind would leave another major conference school to come here and coach in the current state of affairs.
Wooooo Pig Soooie!

cotte2490

Quote from: HAWGS on February 19, 2007, 12:16:15 am
I personally think Jimmy Johnson is a great idea,

Heard Jimmy talk on Rome one day. He made it abundantly clear that he has no interest in coaching anymore. He enjoys living in southern Florida and only talking about football once a week in the booth.

Pigskin_Porker

I DON'T THINK JIMMY JOHNSON IS A VIABLE CANDIDATE BECAUSE OF HIS AGE AND CURRENT JOB WITH FOX.  IF HE HAD ANY INTEREST OR ENOUGH MONEY WOULD LURE HIM AWAY FROM TV I'D WANT HIM AS OUR HC IN A HEARTBEAT . . .

SO IMHO NORM CHOW WOULD BE A GREAT COACH TO PUT OUR TRUST IN . . . .

NORM CHOW'S BIO . .

He won 1 NC @ BYU in 1984 as OC and coached Heisman Trophy Winner Ty Detmer in 1990.

He won 2 NC's @ USC in 2003 & 2004 and coached 2 Heisman Trophy Winners Carson Palmer in 2002 and Matt Leinart in 2004.

He now has NFL OC experience with the Tennessee Titans.

EVEN his name Norm Chow = NC which also = National Championships
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

heinekenhary

Quote from: talon1961 on February 18, 2007, 10:51:58 pm
I don't think any coach would want to come here with so many fans that trashmouth the coaches and players.  With all that has transpired "or conspired" up on the hill this year I'm amazed that any athlete would want to don the Razorback uniform. All the negativity has cost us some very good players.  I really look forward to seeing the new players "who truly want to be here" take the field. 

Well, all the negativity has been brought on by one man, Dale.  The man in charge of the football program.  He's a poor, poor leader and negative things snowball when you have poor, poor(see, I'm saying it twice in honor of Dale) leadership.

Stop with the "we only want players who really want to be here" crap.  That's the cry of a man that knows he's doing a terrible job recruiting future players and can't manage the ones he has.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock

mrcrowley

Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on February 19, 2007, 12:59:56 am
I DON'T THINK JIMMY JOHNSON IS A VIABLE CANDIDATE BECAUSE OF HIS AGE AND CURRENT JOB WITH FOX.  IF HE HAD ANY INTEREST OR ENOUGH MONEY WOULD LURE HIM AWAY FROM TV I'D WANT HIM AS OUR HC IN A HEARTBEAT . . .

NORM CHOW'S BIO . .

He won 1 NC @ BYU in 1984 as OC and coached Heisman Trophy Winner Ty Detmer in 1990.

He won 2 NC's @ USC in 2003 & 2004 and coached 2 Heisman Trophy Winners Carson Palmer in 2002 and Matt Leinart in 2004.

i sure would like to see him get a chance to show what he could do as as HC

if not then rick neuheisel

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on February 19, 2007, 12:59:56 am

NORM CHOW'S BIO . .

It would be pretty hard to get Jimmy off that boat in the Keys and off that cushy t.v. job he has, especially to come to a job that needs so much repair done.
Go Hogs Go!

bigyellowdog

gusisthecoach

Larry i'll get the best athelete possible out of prision coker would be cool.

Stoops who couldnt choke any more in the big game ..isnt really a choice

How about Shula.. i say this becuase his daddy could be the AD and since the parents want to controll everything it would be romper room at the field house.

Something ironic ... we could get Phil Phulmer he recruits well in Arkansas

Lou Holtz is out there.  He can win. He still got some spunk

I think maybe as an outside chance we could look and get bob davie... great mind great concept thinker and who knows. 

vol_in_ar

Quote from: gusisthecoach on February 19, 2007, 06:29:14 am
Larry i'll get the best athelete possible out of prision coker would be cool.

Stoops who couldnt choke any more in the big game ..isnt really a choice

How about Shula.. i say this becuase his daddy could be the AD and since the parents want to controll everything it would be romper room at the field house.

Something ironic ... we could get Phil Phulmer he recruits well in Arkansas

Lou Holtz is out there.  He can win. He still got some spunk

I think maybe as an outside chance we could look and get bob davie... great mind great concept thinker and who knows. 

Surely your not serious on Fulmer, however he does recruit well, we're # 3 this year..

steelers-hawgs 1 love

would Norm even think about it after being turned away for oc a few years back?

ArkansasI

There are plenty of great candidates out there...

Jimbo Fisher
Brent Venables
Charlie Strong

Please stop thinking about old men for the job.  We need a young, vibrant and intelligent coach who will bring enthusiasm and renewed hope to the program.

Houston should accept the buyout for four reasons.  1) He will never regain the confidence and trust of half of our fanbase.  2) His assistant coaches will be outta luck if he can work out some buyout before he gets terminated.  3) Relieve his family from the nonsense which is his leadership of the Razorbacks.  4) If he takes a buyout, he will not risk being fired and the spin machine will be able to hit warp cycle.

TheChicagoKid

Is Washington State's Bill Doba too low key?  I think he is done good work in the shadow of the Carroll dynasty.  No connections to Arkansas but Pac-10 Coach of the Year in 2003.  Do some research my friends and get back to me.

jackflash

I agree it is no use in looking to who would take the job as long as the Nutter is still coach. I don't think anything will happen until a new AD is in place. My hope that it is someone who will hold the Nutter feet to the fire and say to him the buck stops with you, no more excuses :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Dendonks

Even though I'm far away, I still love the Hogs as much as anyone, but to the guys that think Pete Carroll, Jimmy Johnson, Kirk Ferentz or any other big name coach will come there now should share what they are smoking.

BartIV

I think it is safe to say the U of A has their eyes on David Lee as their next HC and Houston Nutt as the Next AD. Sorry, but this is what i think.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Butch Davis............he is the only candidate.........and will be here after next season.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

jackflash

I don't care who the next head coach, the thing is to make sure that when hired, he has to hired the best nine assistants he can find, hopeful young who are not afraid to recruit, would help if they had played the position they were recruiting too, four with Texas ties, one with Louisiana, one with Georgia and Alabama :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HardCore

Quote from: Buck Ocean on February 18, 2007, 06:37:00 pm
Sarkisian at Southern Cal.  He's the qbcoach/o.c.   Turned down the Raiders job and gave it to Lane Kiffin.
Sarkisian is young and exciting. 

Agreed. Sarkisian is truly the perfect choice -- he is also the assistant HC at USC.  He can be available immediately w/o too much disruption to USC.  Could even be acquired before spring drills.  I like this choice +1.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

JimBoT

Last time I heard Coach Nutt has until 2010 or 2012 on his contract. By then lots of things will change and maybe a better coach will be available.

HogsGranpa

Quote from: HardCore on March 01, 2007, 09:31:37 pm
Quote from: Buck Ocean on February 18, 2007, 06:37:00 pm
Sarkisian at Southern Cal.  He's the qbcoach/o.c.   Turned down the Raiders job and gave it to Lane Kiffin.
Sarkisian is young and exciting. 

Agreed. Sarkisian is truly the perfect choice -- he is also the assistant HC at USC.  He can be available immediately w/o too much disruption to USC.  Could even be acquired before spring drills.  I like this choice +1.

OK, Someone call Johnny!

gopigsgo

Bart I have feared this and asked this question to PRJ and others, "you say he won't COACH a down for us next year and He won't be walking the sidelines is he going to be the AD or some other position or is he gone completely? and I get no answer. I may just be paranoid but it is a logical question.

RazorRaider

Quote from: gopigsgo on March 01, 2007, 09:43:04 pm
Bart I have feared this and asked this question to PRJ and others, "you say he won't COACH a down for us next year and He won't be walking the sidelines is he going to be the AD or some other position or is he gone completely? and I get no answer. I may just be paranoid but it is a logical question.

I think emailgate hurt his AD chances. But had it not been for that then yes he would have been the next AD I think.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

prairiehogcompanion

i guess i have been stuck in the sack because the head football coach at Arkansas got a contract extension and a raise...he will be coaching the razorbacks on 07. Even if i was obvlivious to life and had been sleepin with rip, your post indicates "when we get the nutt cracked"...which simply says, he is still at Arkansas, therefore, using logic, i can deduce that Arkansas will not be hiring a new head coach when the current one is still in office. Nice try though with the rip van winkle comment.

You mean mentally?

PigWig

I've heard the same thing.