Previous topic - Next topic

RazorRaider

Quote from: PigWig on March 01, 2007, 11:44:09 pm
Quote from: arcowboy on February 18, 2007, 07:14:40 pm
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 18, 2007, 04:58:17 pm
Quote from: owl on February 18, 2007, 07:11:23 am
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 18, 2007, 05:55:38 am
last i heard we didnt  have an opening for head football coach at Arkansas

Have you been in the sack with Rip Van Winkle? We are gonna' have one soon when we get the Nutt cracked.

i guess i have been stuck in the sack because the head football coach at Arkansas got a contract extension and a raise...he will be coaching the razorbacks on 07. Even if i was obvlivious to life and had been sleepin with rip, your post indicates "when we get the nutt cracked"...which simply says, he is still at Arkansas, therefore, using logic, i can deduce that Arkansas will not be hiring a new head coach when the current one is still in office. Nice try though with the rip van winkle comment.

Word from inside the University is that Nutt is gone. 
I've heard the same thing.

I want a deifinite timeline on when this will happen.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

VenturaHog

Quote from: Dendonks on February 25, 2007, 11:20:16 am
Even though I'm far away, I still love the Hogs as much as anyone, but to the guys that think Pete Carroll, Jimmy Johnson, Kirk Ferentz or any other big name coach will come there now should share what they are smoking.

I'll agree about the old timers and the Pete Carroll's of the world, theyre happy where they are, but Ferentz, Chow, Strong and all the others are totally plausible. To have the opportunity to come and coach in the SEC and get paid millions doing it is a dream for most any coach.

jtgreer

I'll do it.  I played football in high school and was a wide reciever, so I like to pass the ball alot, but in Junior High I was a running back, so I like to run the ball too.  This said, I think I could bring balance to the offense.  When are we going to turn this list of possible coaches in (since the UofA is looking to Hogville for the answer)?  I love how we play such an important role!  Do we get to hire the coach to?...

Guys I've got bad news.  I just looked at the UofA website and we still have a coach.  This sure looks like a good Vent or Rumor thread.

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: gusaholic on February 18, 2007, 07:20:12 pm
Let me repeat, if a prime-time replacement is found--HDN is gone!

The key to what you say is, "IF".  The fact is, hardly any HC is going to move this time of the year.  While money is always a big incentive, the really good D-1 coaches will not soil their reputations by moving right now.  All 'Bama could find was Shula after Price was fired (and wasn't that just a dandy pick).  I just don't think this dog is going to hunt.  Do I think Nutt is gone after the '07 season?  Yes indeed. 
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

owl

I am behind JJ 110%. let's get someone who has won both NC and SB.
OWL says SUPPORT THE HOGS

conman_7

Quote from: jtgreer on March 02, 2007, 03:34:05 am
I'll do it.  I played football in high school and was a wide reciever, so I like to pass the ball alot, but in Junior High I was a running back, so I like to run the ball too.  This said, I think I could bring balance to the offense.  When are we going to turn this list of possible coaches in (since the UofA is looking to Hogville for the answer)?  I love how we play such an important role!  Do we get to hire the coach to?...

Guys I've got bad news.  I just looked at the UofA website and we still have a coach.  This sure looks like a good Vent or Rumor thread.

Your hired!! 
(IMO he is right lets start looking at this yrs team b/c NUTT isn't leaving till next yr) Sorry I wish he was fired yesterday

cosmodrum

Quote from: BartIV on February 25, 2007, 11:22:23 am
I think it is safe to say the U of A has their eyes on David Lee as their next HC and Houston Nutt as the Next AD. Sorry, but this is what i think.

Do me a favor. Right before your next post, go do something else.
Go away, batin'

gusisthecoach

June Jones >> >Hawaii

coach Joe Taylor ,, university of Hampton .. by the way he had as many at the combine as we did.. not bad for a chaimpionship winning coach...

PAT HILL COACH FRESNO STATE... they're is a huge passing attack only needs a strong defensive guru.

Kirk Fridrich ... possible has developed more talent than any other coach in the area and has a unique approach to the game .. Union assistan AD .. HC

Joe Fergouson ... great mind for the game.. Frank has run him off several times .. has a love a true love for arkansas.

alohahog

Terry Don Phillips-AD;  Jimmy Johnson-HC;Gus-OC;and Joe Kines-DC  &   Bill Self-BC

sharks89

Quote from: TushCrush on February 18, 2007, 07:33:04 pm
Quote from: sooieboy on February 18, 2007, 07:25:11 pm
There has been no mention of Dennis Green.  Does anyone believe he would be a viable candidate?
Green has too much baggage for me. The Cardinals rushing game has been awful since he's been there. Guy creeps me out.

He is who he said he was!
Go Hogs!

TX HOG